Start a Story, be your own Fable. (Create a Fable Thread)

Comments

• The Horsemen just seemed to make perfect sense :P

But Nick is turning into such a complex character now. He can't truly die so he's kinda bored with his life and does whatever he can to make it interesting...

He is a violent man, but he doesn't hurt children and he only attacks women if he has good reason. He is intelligent despite giving the impression of being a meat-headed brute. He understands emotions despite only initially being able to understand the joy of combat.

LupineNoir posted: »

It would be pretty awesome if the Nuckelavee turned up in season two now. XD Makes logical sense how you incorporated the Horsemen.

• Like JJ says, Bliss is a great name, but I couldn't imagine Harmony by any other name - she just seems so, harmonious. Which sounds terrible but it's true. XD Her creation seems to have locked together quite nicely from your knowledge and appreciation of the Fables characters; even though you did go off-canon, it always seems like a genuine possibility that what you write might occur in the comics.

EMMYPESS posted: »

Well, it was last March (Holy bejeezus!) that this post was originally made, and it caught my eye, because back then I was all over the Tell

• edited February 2015

Corvo Attano and Daud from Dishonored

That's a great game for inspiration! Tezoth seems much more appealing in personality than either Corvo or Daud, but that same self-determination is present in him.

And after just reading Pie's comment, it reminds me that part of the thing that made me decide to join was that poem/rhyme you did for Tezoth, because it seemed like a somewhat different thing to do, so I thought that an English-twit of a weasel might be an okay thing to try. XD

You had to annoy pudding to let you integrate your Grendel character in with his story? Dang, I always thought he let you include him with n

• Makoto and Celeste were both characters I made of the top of my head, although Makotos personality and the way he acts is mostly how I am and how I think I would react to a situation, and his name is from the movie of persona 3 which I loved the meaning of the name Makoto being Truth and Yuki being happiness. Celeste just sort of showed up lol I didn't think she would be a major character but things changed and I gave her a personality and such and here she is. :D

Interesting to know who you had in mind when you went for him. What about Makoto and Celeste?

• Personally, I prefer Daud. Usually in video games when characters don't speak but you make your own decisions - i.e. Fallout, The Elder Scrolls - the fact that there is text at the bottom that you can imagine your character saying makes sense to me, but I found that Corvo's complete silence meant I didn't totally connect with him as a character. Daud seemed more interesting. Just my opinion though. XD

HazzatheMan posted: »

You just reminded me that I need to finish Dishonored... I prefer Corvo to Daud though...

• Complexity helps, giving more depth - figuring out why he does what he does, and who exactly he is, is interesting because it enables you to invest more into him and so care more about what happens. xD

The Horsemen just seemed to make perfect sense :P But Nick is turning into such a complex character now. He can't truly die so he's kinda

• Ah, knowing that Makoto takes after yourself is nice, as Makoto seems like a good sort of guy. The sort you could have a couple of drinks with, y'know? XD Didn't know his name meant Truth - a curious bit of information. Haha, well, even if she just sort of showed up she's a good addition. :D

Tetra posted: »

Makoto and Celeste were both characters I made of the top of my head, although Makotos personality and the way he acts is mostly how I am an

• I didn't really like either character :P

It's like Isaac Clarke in Dead Space 1 when he was silent, I couldn't understand why... I prefer him with a voice in 2 and 3.

Gordon Freeman in Half Life I do understand though cuz you can give your own responses instead :D

Silent protagonists need to be handled correctly; for games like Half-Life and Legend of Zelda it works cuz the script is designed for you to pretty much say what you think. But for games like Dishonored and old COD games it makes no sense to me as to why they are silent :/

Personally, I prefer Daud. Usually in video games when characters don't speak but you make your own decisions - i.e. Fallout, The Elder Scro

• But Nick isn't technically meant to be anything :P He was bred for war and isn't meant to be mingling with society the way he is, it just wasn't meant to be initially...

The new story I will be starting with Nick will give him more depth than Devils and Demons will cuz in this new story he is depressed and a chance encounter with one of Lyla's new friends could change him for the better...

Complexity helps, giving more depth - figuring out why he does what he does, and who exactly he is, is interesting because it enables you to invest more into him and so care more about what happens. xD

• This is a very realistic response to what happened the night before! It's pleasing to see Mary reassuring her daughter, and Celeste's doubts are those a possible mother-to-be would surely have, especially after the sad news of her previous marriage.

Personally, I'm waving the flag for a baby, because I like Makoto and Celeste together, but it's your story. XD

Problems... Makoto woke up with a pounding headache, did he really have a hangover? He didn't drink that much he thought, although that's

• The baby is happening ;) Glad I did this right then, I always struggle when it comes to emotions/emotional things so I didn't know how this would actually turn out XD

This is a very realistic response to what happened the night before! It's pleasing to see Mary reassuring her daughter, and Celeste's doubts

• A very somber affair. The description of the mourners' attire, such as Winter's dress, makes the funeral much more vivid (which at first was going to read 'brings the funeral to life'); and for some reason, imagining Bigby giving a speech makes it more sad, given his usual avoidance of such public things.

Charlotte knows what she's doing, though! :D She won't even be late for dinner. :P (Could she go back in time to be there if she missed it?) Also, nice Tezoth name drop. XD The idea of a video games and television homelands is appealing; I've daydreamed about crossing characters over with Fables but it's so massive a prospect I wouldn't know where to begin. XD

Isaac took several deep breaths before entering the room. The hour had come, and so the funeral service was now proceeding. His spot was in

• I try, lol

Dragons are interesting creatures, and your cross-over between a Chinese and European idea was a good one! Chinese dragons are much more ser

• That is so true; I had just played the 1st episode of TWAU and thought 'Hey, I should make my own OC....' I had Nancy and John WAAAAY before Lyla and the others were thought of; they were my OC's used in another project that I didn't quite like how it was turning out. So, after I decided to make them her parents, the whole werewolf thing took its place. :3 I ALMOST made her mundy but that's not very FABLE....XD

Curious when and how inspiration will strike, like out of nowhere! What made you so set on making Lyla a Werewolf?

• I adore Harm to no end and I had ALMOST forgot that she was a Zephyr, too. XD I remember the blue streaks; I used to think 'DAAAW, a punk style FABLE' -slaps foreheaed- Man....was I wrong. xD Harmony suits her; I sit her and say 'Bliss' to myself and can not picture it. (Although both are beautiful names)

I was like you; joined just to write about Lyla's tale and call it good. But I had too much fun: reading AND continuing hr tale. I couldm't just stop there. :) Glad you and the others stuck around. Love me some Winter; besides Blossom, she is my favorite cub. :3

Well, it was last March (Holy bejeezus!) that this post was originally made, and it caught my eye, because back then I was all over the Tell

• I tried my best to make it fitting, given the circumstances. Winter is normally wearing more vibrant colors, things that assert herself and make her something to turn heads, in a way. She's completely grief stricken, as is most of the family and Fables who're attending. I figured Bigby would be the man for the job to say something, him being a sort of Patriarch in some ways, as well as being the Grandfather. At first, I was going to make Winter do it, but I put myself in her position, and realized that I might not have it in myself, even as a sort of God, to do a speech for my dead child. So she just lead the procession, and did more behind the scenes stuff to make the whole thing go as smoothly as it can.

I was thinking about it, and I believe she could just go back to where she left off, but to prevent shock between her and her family and friends of the future, maybe she would go off of how much time would have passed, had she stayed in her own time period. So if she was out time travelling for a couple hours, she just tacks the amount of time it took her to fix things to the time she left her home in the first place. That way, there's no confusion as to how long she's gone, in a sense.

Had to, since Tez is TECHNICALLY supposed to be canon between my Rose and Dragon's Rose, so he's a background uncle, of sorts XD Seen every once in a while, with Rose, of course.

I only recently thought about it, and it is a massive prospect, I agree XD I was wondering that maybe they live in the respective world that their creators have made. I also have thought the same way about books, like the ones I've been reading lately. Maybe there are Shadowhunters in another world, you know? Of course, I probably won't be bringing shadowhunters into this equation (I've based far too many characters off of the appearances of some of them XD) But it's something to think about for more minor books that I've read, or videogames that have more plausable stories to mess with, in a sense. Heh, think about a Walking Dead/Fables crossover XD

A very somber affair. The description of the mourners' attire, such as Winter's dress, makes the funeral much more vivid (which at first was

• edited February 2015

Alt text

I love Lyla Porgie to no end. Can NEVER get tired of drawing this girl. ^.^

Gren was currently on the phone ordering dinner for the thirteen girls, plus him and Emily. While Emily soaked in the bathtub for a few moments of quiet and solitude, Gren placed an order for Pizza, Buffalo wings and Jalapeno bread. Ranch, the girls squawked like Parrots in the cage. Ranch, ranch, ranch....and MORE Ranch.

Gren scribbled down the types of Pizzas the girls wanted; some wanted Pepperoni and cheese, others Combination and a few wanted Canadian Bacon with Pineapple. Gren already knew Emily's favortie. How the hell could he possibly forget that. It never changed: Pepperoni and cheese with Black olives and Mushrooms. And a side of those pepper chili flakes. To Gren, pizza was pizza; he'd grab a few different slices here and there and be pleased with the idea of getting a chance to dine before the girls attacked it like Vultures in the sky.

Some of the Leeds' girls played outside; a few stayed indoors and watched a Spongebob Squarepants marathon on television. As Gren was placed on hold with the pizza parlor, he could hear the shrill laughter and ear piercing noise that echoed from the living room. Gren depised that show and did his best to focus on the order before him.

The ones playing outside held each of the quads; Sarah held Liam, Bella had Seraphina, Georgia had Chloe and Hope played with Viviana. The girls circled around a pile of dead Rose bushes; the plants appeared to have been burned but there was no sign of intruders or smoke. The air continued to smell like Pine and fresh cut grass and flowers. Alice took a stick and poked it. This caused Seraphina to laugh and wave her chubby arms around.

"Aunt Emmy is going to be pissed." Alice continued to poke the dead plants. "REALLY, really pissed..."

Hope glares at her sister. "You shouldn't say that word, Alice. That's a no no."

"Mommy and daddy ain't here! Besides, they say it all the time. Heck, papa Gerogie and uncle Junior say it too!"

Bella examines the pants. Near the roots, they began to shine like glitter paint in the sun; it sparkled and glimmered as she moved the dry leaves and allowed the sun's rays to hit them. It was beautiful, there was no doubt about it but all the girls knew there would be trouble. Emily was too much like their great nana Nancy; her flowers were alluring and always well kept. Emily was the same way. Only this time, half the bushes were in smuldering piles and none of the girls knew why.

"When did you see this, Alice?" Bella drops the dead leaves into their original spot. "Did you see anyone over here?"

"No, just Seraphina. I went to pick her up because uncle Gren called us in to wash up....and as I picked her up, I noticed ALL these dead flowers behind her. I didn't see anyone, hear or smell anything different."

The back door to the porch creaked as Gren swings it open and heads over to the girls. Bella was running out of options; she KNEW none of them had done this but would their uncle Gren believe them? To avoid any further altercations, Bella would step up, like a pack leader does and take the fall.

Gren noticed all the girls in a line; the quads sat on the grass, pulling up blades and trying to stick them in their mouth. Gren heads over, manages to grab Chloe before noticing what his neices were trying to conceal.

Gren groans. "Girls..." He begins to rub his forehead. "PLEASE tell me those are not your aunt Emily's Rose bushes..."

Bella pauses to kick the dirt. "We don't know HOW those got like that, uncle Gren-"

"You don't?" Gren grabs a twig and notices the color. "You girls didn't do this?"

Hope jumps in. "No, uncle Gren. We're telling you the truth! We were playing over there and we noticed Seraphina over here and when Bella went to grab her, the flowers-"

"Were JUST like this?" Gren tosses the twig into the ground. "JUST as we see it now?"

All the girls nod. It was something difficult to comprehend and take as the truth; several Rose bushes just suddenly burst into flames, not leaving a trail of smoke or indication that a match was lit. All that remained was a trail of blue dust like substance that twinkled against the sun light.

"Willow can save them if you bring her out here in time-"

That's right, thought Gren, peering at the house. One of Jersey and Katie's daughter's had the power to heal and bring either the sick or dead back to life. Gren points to the house.

"Sarah, run in and grab her for me, please! There isn't much time-"

Vivian stood just a few feet from Gren; she waved her arms about like a wild Soccer fan at a game. She desperatly tried to fling clouds of mist in his direction but the beast was too preoccupied or ignored Vivian to notice she was there.

"Shit." Vivian pulls back her hair and rubs her face. "I KNOW who did this. Where is Emily....shit!"

Dragging her sister behind, Willow stares at the Rose bushes. She immediatly shakes her head.

"I can't do anything, uncle Gren."

"What-why not, Willow?!"

"Look...there is magic here. VERY powerful magic. My powers are far too weak compared to THIS stuff."

Willow leans forward to touch it. Gren snatches the child and pulls Willow to his chest.

"NO! Don't TOUCH that, Willow! Who knows what it can do...just look at those plants!"

"It won't hurt me, uncle Gren. Watch."

Willow dips her finger into the glitter blue dust and holds it up. Gren examines her finger: no burn marks, no disapperance. Nothing. As he exhales, Emily opens the back door and is surprised to see Gren still in the backyard.

"Love, I thought ya' was gettin' the damn...woot are ya' hidin' back there?"

"What.." Gren scans the area. "Hiding? No one is hidding anything, Emily."

Emily folds her arms. "I'm not a fookin' bloody fool, Grendel. I've seen this face all the fookin' time growin' up!"

Bella pokes Gren's leg. "She said your whole name...she's pissed..."

Emily stares at Bella. "Woot is it, girls-woot did ya' do?"

Vivian runs over to Emily's side. Emily stares at her guardian, lost for words. Vivian takes a few seconds to catch her thoughts; this causes the girls to stare at one another, unsure of their aunt Emily's next move. She was like a Viper in the grass; you had to focus on the Snake and keep your eyes on his. If not-BOOM-you're bit and dead. Nothing else to say.

"Emily, the girls didn't do it-"

"Do woot, Vivian?"

Bella looks at Hope. "Vivian? Who is...."

"SSSH! Quiet, Bella. Listen..."

"The girls didn't do it, Emily." Emily pushes Vivian back and treads through the girls. She is disturbed by what lies before her. Nearly half of her Rose bushes were covered in a blue, glittery dust that left them all dead and unadle to recover. Emily grabs a handful of deceased Rose petals, crushes them in her palm and watches them fall like the rain onto the ground. The tears formed in her eyes.

"Woot...happened here, girls?"

Together, all the girls answered. "We don't know, aunt Emmy. We were playing and the ONLY one to be anywhere NEAR the flowers was Seraphina."

Emily glances at her daughter. How on Earth could a one month old possibly destroy Flowers and neither she nor Gren noticed this? She had been outside before; nothing like ever happened when they were outside with the kids. Emily stares at Vivian. Her head bobs up and down.

"Seraphina..." Emily picks up her daughter. "Baby, did ya' do this ta' mommy's flowers?"

Gren was addled by Emily's answer. "Seraphina, Emily? No...it couldn't....is Vivian here right now?"

"Ova' there, by the fence..."

Gren marches over to the location pointed out by Emily. The girls stand back and watch their uncle speak to nothing; Viviana, Liam and Chloe sit and watch their father, all mouths mumbling and babbling in his direction. Gren tries to sniff the air; there was a cool spot and he was certain it was Vivian.

"Alright, Viv....I'm going to ask this ONE time. Did Seraphina DO this?"

Vivian nods. Emily speaks. "Fa' fooks sake, Seraphina..."

Gren exhales. "She did, didn't she?"

Bella and the others looked confused. "Wait...so, the tree's name is Vivian AND she speaks to you?"

Emily sighs, picks up the other two and allows Viviana to float into the air and follow her back to the house.

"Ya' ordered the food, right Grendel?"

"Yes..."

"Well, I'll take these little bugga's inside and get 'em washed up. Go ahead and get the food...."

Gren did as he was told, while Emily guides the other children inside. Neither of them say a word. Emily, holding Seraphina's hands under the running water, kisses the tops of her head. She could hear the sighs of Vivian and the concerned questions spewing from Sunflower's lips.

"I knew it love..." Emily buries her nose in her daughter's hair. "I bloody knew it..."

Jersey and Katie returned to a home with sleeping girls, empty Pizza boxes, chewed up Chicken wings and a trash filled with paper plates. While Gren cleaned the ktichen, Emily assisted Jersey and Katie with the children. One by on (or, two by two if you were Jersey) the girls were strapped into their car seats and continued to dream of foolish, childhood desires. The last to be buckled in was Hope. Katie took out her purse and began to count out several tens.

"No." Emily pushes the money back. "Please, stop...I don't want ya' fookin' cash, Katie."

"Emily, stop." Katie continues to count. "You didn't HAVE to watch all thirteen of them. To be honest, I was surprised."

"Eh, I love me neices ta' death."

"Well, here." Katie hands Emily one hundred and fifty dollars. "For watching the girls and feeding them and-"

"I said NO, Katherine." Emily continues to push the money back. "Please, stop. I won't take it-"

Jersey closes the door to the mini Van. He notices the struggle his wife is having with her stubborn sister. Jersey snatches the cash and sticks it in Emily's mailbox. He slams the door shut and leans against it.

"Jersey, please...stop-"

"TAKE the fuckin' money, Emily. I'm not sure WHO is worse-YOU, Junior or your fuckin' dad. Startin' to think its a bit of both..."

"I don't DO hand outs, Jersey. Katie...."

"It's not a fuckin-Jesus Christ, Emily! Not everything is a fuckin' handout. You just watched THIRTEEN little girls, plus four of your own. You and Gren could have easily said 'Fuck you' when we called. Now please-take the money and shut the fuck up."

Emily glances at Katie, who is now laughing. "Ya' gunna let ya' fookin' man talk ta' me that way?"

"Shut up, Emily. God you haven't changed..."

Emily sighs. "Nah. Can't get rid of me THAT easily."

Katie looks at her phone. "Well, we better get going. Jersey has work and these little brats need to be in their beds. You and Gren going to Remembrance Day on Friday, right?"

"Yeah. He, uh...actually bought tickets today from Peter."

"Great, great." Katie sits in the driver's seat and begins the car. "I'll see you guys on Friday, than. Bring your check books. I hear there is a marvelous give away this year!"

Emily rolls her eyes. "Another slice of some beautiful Kingdom?"

Katie flips Emily off, as she pulls away and heads back into town; Jersey soon follows with the Honda and the remaining girls sleeping in the back. Emily heads up the walkway. As she passes the dead flowers, her fears begin to take over. What if it was true? What if THIS was the reason why Thomas came back and it had nothing to do with Gren or the others?

As Emily opens the door, Gren waits for her in the living room. In his hands, he holds Seraphina. The little girls giggles and babbles when she notices her mother. The other three roll around and try to face Emily's direction. Emily was not prepared to find Gren sitting and waiting.

"Gren...."

"Emily, we need to talk..."

If you have any questions, you know what to do. :3

• "Emily, you know about the mundy version for my story...right...?"

"Yes..." Emily could feel the burning tears. "I do...."

Gren sighs heavily. "Emily....I'm ready to talk now...."

Homelands, some time ago

Once upon a time there was a tribe of Wood Elves. The queen and king had a beautiful daughter, whom resembled the Calla Lilies her mother placed along the castle entrance and bedroom walls. They named the princess Calla and her beauty and power would forever be bestowed upon her tribe and kingdom for years to come. When the young princess was one, the queen fell ill and despite all medicines, she passed away in her sleep. The king, heartbroken and alone, raised his only child to look after the tribe. On her eighteenth birthday, the king perished in a battle. The kingdom was solely her purpose and prepared all her life, Calla took her place in the kingdom and was loved by all in the tribe.

The Wood Elves, however, feared none except for one beast: the chalky, massive creature that hid in the shadows, slept in the meres and feasted among the dark forest and grounds. The Grendels dwelled in caves and occasionally sought out to attack and hunt the Elves. For centuries, the two battled and many lives were lost. Blood was shed. Families torn apart. Calla's parent's had hoped to one day conquer the beasts and create a forest for their kind to freely roam and not fear for their lives.

Among the Grendels was a proud man named Thomas, who was the strongest of his kind. He could devour and destroy an entire village in one night. Many trembled before the beast. Thomas prowled the forest grounds, searching for anyone that stepped foot onto his lands. One night, he came upon the beautiful princess Calla and the beast secretly fell in love with the Elf. She too, although knew this would be looked down upon, was curious about the beast staring at her through the bushes with his milky eyes.

For days, Thomas quietly ventured out and watched the young Princess build her life in the Tribe. She was a marvelous hunter and well respected, especially by the men. Calla KNEW the Grendel male was nearby and never walked down the path the beast was hiding in. During one spring afternoon, Calla seeked out a river and took this opportunity to embrace and bask in the beauty of nature. The cool waters surrounding her naked body was marvelous and relaxing. Lilypads circled her torso, as little fish nibbled at her toes. Calla did not scream, nor did she reach for her knife, when the male Grendel approached her. It was then two very different worlds collided and would create the infamous beast only known as 'Grendel' and nothing more....

Emily touches Gren's face. "Gren..."

"My mother was a very powerful princess in a tribe so terrified of their own shadows. She was strong, cunning and prepared. For what, she could not understand. She grew up believing that Grendels were vile parasites that needed to be destroyed. RID of from this Earth. She knew better...and when my father did not charge and tear her from fucking limb to limb..."

"I didn't know about that, Gren." Emily leans closer. "The books neva' said that. Me parents-"

"A lot of the truth was lost during the Exile, Ems. No one likes to talk about it...look at your father. REFUSES to listen to that fucked up song. I hate talking about my past. Knowing my dad is here...."

"Why fookin' tell me this now?"

"Our Seraphina is only a month and already she's fucking showing signs of something you and I will never be able to control OR understand..."

"Ya' mother's side?" Emily plays with Seraphina's hair. "Did they do magic?"

Gren nods. "All the fucking time."

"Vivian mentioned a knife, Gren. The fook did that knife-"

"You might want to ask your dad. I only know bits and even Vivian can not tell you. No one knows. JUST your dad."

"Do ya' know SOME of it?"

Gren adjusts in his seat. "All I know, is the knife was blessed by Angels or some shit and was able to change the life of a soul most foul by the prick of the blade. Apparently, it was never done, your father took it....some how, when he stabbed me it created this invisible chain and connected us. That's ALL I know, Emily."

"Woot does this have to do with woot Seraphina did outside to me flowers?"

"My mother used to do that...apparently, from what I was told, when she was born her mother allowed the baby to crawl along the garden within the walls. The servents found my mother near dead trees, flowers and bushes. They all assumed it was an attack on the kingdom and for days, the guards stood watch for any sign of intruders."

"Nothin' happened, did it?"

"No. Little did the king and queen know it was their own daughter-my mother-that had accidentally killed those plants. It wasn't until her first birthday, a little after her mother passed, that the king noticed my mother's gift. Or, curse....as my father said it."

"So, it kills fookin' plants?"

"No one knows WHY; the blue dust is like a weed killer but the shimmers and glitter is what MAKES it deadly to plants, trees...you name it. It won't harm or do anything when YOU touch it. JUST plants...this is why, I try not to let Seraphina..."

Sunflower looks over. "Well, I'll be DAMNED if I can't hold her, Grendel!"

"She can KILL you, Sunflower." Gren's voices carries over. "Do you KNOW that now? Why I NEVER let you hold her, unless someone is around?"

"This is complete bullshit..." Sunflower kicks the chair. "So, I can NEVER hold her?!"

Emily stops to look at the others. She had a feeling something was different with one or more of her children; during the pregnancy, Emily used to have dreams of blue skies and fluffy clouds. She was soaring high through the trees and chatting away with the birds. Emily thought nothing of it. She assumed the dream meant she was free and able to do as she pleased. Looking back now, the soaring had to do with Viviana. But Seraphina? Emily had a feeling, even holding her newborn daughter, that something was different. VERY different.

"Gren..."

Gren stood up and looked outside. He'd never thought it would ever come to this. No one knew about his past. His family. Anything like that. As far as Fables were concerned, Gren was a loner and prefered to keep it like that. But even the mightiest of titans crave some form of love. She was sitting behind him, practically begging for answers. His children deserved them, too. Gren inhaled. He could no longer hide.

"I attacked that Mead Hall, Emily. The noise...you know I can't STAND so much fucking noise. My mother begged me to stay away. My father WARNED me but I went in anyways and killed all those dinning men, some women and even a few children that were playing with the farm animals."

Emily covered her mouth. "Gren..."

"After killing all those souls, Beowulf found me. He chased me into the forest; the man was fucking quick and did not fear me like all the others. I can still hear his heavy feet stomping through the grass, chasing me down like a Lion does to its prey. I found a cave and entered it. I eas prepared to fight. Kill him. Rip him apart like the previous others. I could hear his heart beating, Emily...the smell of blood...I wanted him to die, his bones crush beneath my fucking hands...."

Emily holds Seraphina closer. By now, Chloe and Liam's eyes are focused on their distraught father. Vivian casually floats in mid-air, sucking on her thumb. Vivian and Sunflower stand by and watch as Gren continues his tale.

"I thought I had it, Emily. But the fucker tore my arm off...." Gren pulls his jacket off and shows the scar. "This very arm....right here."

"How did ya' get it back, Gren? The stories always said ya' died and-"

Gren stops to cry. "I never died, Emily. Never. That's were the mundies get it wrong. Those idiots..."

"Gren, woot happens, love? Please..." Emily heads over to Gren. "Talk ta' me. No more secrets..."

All the years Gren knew Emily, spent time with the girl and grew to love her-never once did he think it would end up like this. Gren was ready vto take his life to the grave; leave it as a mystery and never have to look back. Emily placed Seraphina on the couch; while Vivian watched the quads, Emily took her finger and traced the scar. Still raw and red, as if Beowulf JUST tore it off. A constant reminder, Gren told her years ago, of all the pain and agony he caused. Sort of like the one her father had above his belly button. To remind them.

"To prevent ME from dying, my mother begged a Witch to save me. As payment, my mother sacrificed her own life. The Witch turned my mother into a Weeping Willow. I found this out from my father, who disowned me and never took me back. He blamed me for my mother's death. Said I was not worth saving..."

"Oh fa fook's sake, Gren-"

"I believed him, so I searched for days until I found my mother. Upon seeing her, roots deep in the ground, I bellowed out. I roared in pain and began to curse her name. I begged the Witch to take it back but she never did...as my tear drops fell from my face and entered the ground, something happened. A bit of my love and her own combined and created what you see behind you. Because of my hate for the sacrifice my mother did, Seraphina was cursed with the ability to KILL plants and trees. Her love for me saved our daughter from becoming a killer to any other living creature."

"But ya' said your mum-"

"-Had it, too. She was a powerful Elf, Emily. She's not the only one that can do that...."

Emily stands back. For the first time in her life, Emily watches as Gren extends his fingers. He points to one of the house plants and within seconds, it deteriates and dies. The blue remains, as the roots shimmer and glow. Gren looks over at Emily; although he could not see it, Vivian had her mouth closed. Sunflower was astonished and Emily lost for words.

"Gren..." Emily finally found her words. "Gren..."

"I never showed anyone this before in my life, Ems. You're the first one....My father...he-"

Emily wraps her arms around Gren's neck. "Ssh, no more talk, love. Let's take the kids to their cribs..."

Each take a child, head upstairs and place the babies in their cribs. Gren was unsure of Emily's true feelings. She remained hushed and unsure of what she just heard and took place downstairs. Hopefully, Thomas would return. she still had MANY questions. But to ease Gren's mind and the fears brewing in his eyes, Emily closes their bedroom door. Gren sits on the edge and watches as Emily strips down to nothing; her bare flesh glows under the moon light. Emily straddles Gren and peers deep into his eyes.

"Emily..." Gren moans against her touch. "Sweetie..."

"I love ya', Gren,. Nuthin' will eva' change that..."

Emily stared at Gren but not like the others; she didn't LOOK at him or think differently. He was still the same Gren she grew up with, learned to love and understand.

This reassured Gren, as they made love into the night.

Any questions, you know the drill. :3 HAD to write this other part out, too. Been swimming around my head now for days.

• JJwolfJJwolf Banned
    edited February 2015

I know that sounds horrible; when I found out we were in the same town, I just HAD to meet him. And after we became friends, I wanted to join his world and add Robert. He said no at first, WHICH I can understand....but I would NEVER have him change a thing. Lyla HAS her story. 'Nuff said. :) I'm glad it worked out and everyone else is enjoying it as well.

I can not remember-since you mentioned the wind and the willows-did you EVER make a section where Weasel knew Toad? I'm like everyone else; Dixa was indeed a nice touch. :3 Weasel is too precious anyways.

The process you went through in thinking of Robert, then persuading Pie with 'begging, pleading and a few trips to McDonalds', and finally t

• Problems....part 2

Bigby and Makoto walked to a mall near Fabletown that sells flowers.

"Hey kid how are you holding up?" Bigby sounded worried.

"If I'm honest...this is one of the scariest moments of my life." Makoto said.

Bigby put his hand on Makotos shoulder "Well try and look at it in a good way kid. You could start a family." He said

"Or I could be completely left behind with nothing...." Makoto said

"With that attitude and thinking you're dam right you will." Bigby said "Your father was always in high spirits no matter what situation we were in."

Makoto was interested "I hate that man but could you give me an example some time?"

"Sure and you may hate the man who wrote that letter but that man is not your dad...that I know, he's different." Bigby said

Makoto took that into thought...he knew nothing of his fathers past...they arrived at the flower shop.

"Uh do you know what flowers she likes?" Bigby asked

"I'll take a bouquet of white roses." Makoto said to the flourist.

"Hmm I wonder what flowers Snow likes." Bigby thought out loud.

Makoto chuckled "Maybe you should ask her!"

"Ha. I would if I knew how and it wouldn't cost my job." He laughed

The two laughed and left back to the woodlands.

Celeste had been laying in bed with tears of happiness instead of sadness. After she spent time thinking about it if she were to be having a kid she would want to keep it, she just hopes that Makoto will stay. She got up and showered and she decided to go talk with Snow.

When she walked in she found Snow sitting in her chair.

"Hey Celeste, how are you feeling?" She said

"Fine for the most part. Did Makoto come by here?" She asked

"Yes he actually got both Bigby and myself and explained the situation." Snow said

"Oh....what...did he say?" Celeste was curious as to what he said

"Well he said a lot of things and none of them were bad. He mostly said he was scared you were going to leave to the point he almost cried." Snow said

"Oh no...." Celeste said

Now Snow had a curious look "Are you going to leave? If so you better get going now, he just went out with Bigby to get you flowers." She said

"No....even if I wanted to I couldn't." Celeste said

"Well that's good, he's been through a lot. I'd hate for him to go through more." Snow smiled "But I think there's someone you should talk to" She pointed her finger behind her shoulder. There Makoto stood with Bigby, and in his hand he held a bouquet of white roses for her.

"Celeste I-" was all Makoto could say before Celeste ran and gave him a hug.

"Shut up and don't say any stupid things like I'm leaving." She said

"You mean you're going to stay?" Makoto smiled

"With or without the child. Preferably with." She smiled tearing up

Makotos heart stopped which felt weird, he's never felt this before....what was it? He picked her up in a spinning motion and hugged her.

"I was so scared...I thought if you left then everyone else would dissappear too." Makoto said

"Well none of us are leaving kid" Bigby jumped in.

"So you're stuck with us till the day we die." Snow said diligence at Bigby.

"I can agree to that" Makoto smiled.

Makoto and Celeste left the room. They were going to go out for dinner. Snow slapped Bigbys shoulder.

"You almost killed the moment!" Snow said

"How?" Bigby said

"Ugh..." Snow said although she had a smile on her face.

Makoto and Celeste went to Johans new restaurant in Fabletown. Where they sat and talked about the upcoming future. If they're going to have this kid they needed to plan it out so they spent the whole night talking about it...

"We should have a hiding place just in case things go bad and you are both put into danger." Makoto said

"Okay but we should start with a house first." Celeste said.

"Where should we live though?" Makoto said

"On a beach...." Celeste said like she was zoning out.

"Okay..." Makoto laughed "Now realistically?"

"We could live here, or how about the farm? Do they offer land there?" Celeste asked

"That's a good one, we'll have to ask Snow tomorrow." He said stretching.

"Yeah its been a long day. We should get home and rest" She said kissing his cheek.

They left to go back to the apartments for the night which would mark the ending of the fifth day of what could be the fall....

That's it! The next one will be about Mary and Dewitt to see what they've been up to! Any questions or comments or anything else let me know :)

• edited February 2015

I'm happy you remember! Reynard was supposed to be Tez's friend back on the Farm as well - just in case you forgot. :) I'm glad too, always had a gut feeling that they'd be the perfect pair.

I dunno if you've read my 'somewhat-decent' nursery rhyme on the beginning page, but it's there if you haven't. XD

pudding_pie posted: »

You had to annoy pudding to let you integrate your Grendel character in with his story? Dang, I always thought he let you include him with n

• JJwolfJJwolf Banned
    edited February 2015

Ranch, the girls squawked like Parrots in the cage. Ranch, ranch, ranch....and MORE Ranch.

XD XD I just pictured ALL 13 girls, asking Gren for Ranch to dip their food in. Gren has A LOT of patience now....lol

Gren already knew Emily's favortie. How the hell could he possibly forget that.

One, she's your GF. Two, she may LOOK like georgie but she IS her mother. Hands down. Three, Emily ALWAYS get's what Emily wants....DUN DUN DUUUUUUUUN!

"Aunt Emmy is going to be pissed." Alice continued to poke the dead plants. "REALLY, really pissed..."

Hope glares at her sister. "You shouldn't say that word, Alice. That's a no no."

"Mommy and daddy ain't here! Besides, they say it all the time. Heck, papa Gerogie and uncle Junior say it too!"

Oh Georgie, Junior, Jersey....I'm sure their aunt Emmy and aunt Mary has something to do with it, too. I just adore the Leeds girls. So vocal!

The girls circled around a pile of dead Rose bushes; the plants appeared to have been burned but there was no sign of intruders or smoke.

The hell....0.o

I love that Bella has taken over as pack leader. :3 Bet John is proud. :)

Vivian stood just a few feet from Gren; she waved her arms about like a wild Soccer fan at a game. She desperatly tried to fling clouds of mist in his direction but the beast was too preoccupied or ignored Vivian to notice she was there.

I always feel so bad for Vivian. XD Gren can not see her and when she DOES have something to say....lol

Bella and the others looked confused. "Wait...so, the tree's name is Vivian AND she speaks to you?"

XD LMFAO!

"I knew it love..." Emily buries her nose in her daughter's hair. "I bloody knew it..."

WTF!! Knew WHAT, Emily!?!

"It's not a fuckin-Jesus Christ, Emily! Not everything is a fuckin' handout. You just watched THIRTEEN little girls, plus four of your own. You and Gren could have easily said 'Fuck you' when we called. Now please-take the money and shut the fuck up."

DAMN! You go, Jersey! I always thought that was annoying that the Porgie kids did this...just let people help you!!

I'm looking forward to the Remembrance Day; recall reading that in FABLES. Can't wait to see how you make it to be.

"Gren...."

"Emily, we need to talk..."

:( That's never good....

OH man, pie! This is getting REALLY good! I can't WAIT for more and the BG for Gren!!!

I love Lyla Porgie to no end. Can NEVER get tired of drawing this girl. ^.^ Gren was currently on the phone ordering dinner for the thi

• edited February 2015

Looks like we've got an over-exaggerator here, guys! Just kidding, JJ, it's all good. :P

If you're asking me about whether or not Tez is a thief - then yes, he is one through and through. I even called/nicknamed him the 'dragon thief' from time-to-time in my chapters and comments.

JJwolf posted: »

Okay so it wasn't that many times but it still took time. But I get why. Just glad you let me into your world sometimes. Also, I remembe

• Another character from the Persona series, I'm guessing? :P

My OC Luke is based off of Tohru Adachi (my avatar) except I made a few tweaks in his personality and of course appearance wise with his abilities.

• I ALMOST made her mundy but that's not very FABLE

Alt text

That is so true; I had just played the 1st episode of TWAU and thought 'Hey, I should make my own OC....' I had Nancy and John WAAAAY before

• Bare with me, for I have so much to say after reading this.

The whole thing with Georgie and Lyla, becoming one, was pretty much set in stone; the knife (which I hope you DO cover in time) sealed the deal. You've said this before; heaven and hell could NOT seperate these two for anything. Gren was already matched with Emily, who was yet to be conceived. But, no one KNEW about that yet. Except for the Witches and Fate; destiny to Fables is a strange one indeed. Vivian dies, wanders around the world in darkness, assuming that THIS was hell and her punishment.

Little did she know, it had JUST begun; Vivian thought she was supposed to guard Lyla but that was far from it. Vivian just sort of sat back and watched. It wasn't until Georgie made the decision to CHANGED, did Vivian know who she was really going to look after-one of Georgie & Lyla's children. Everyone thought it was Junior. Can you blame them? No one thought twice about Katie, Emily or hell...even Ethan! If I understand correctly, Emily was born with Georgie's bad side and Junor the good side; Emily wanted to be JUST like Georgie and what father does not find this adorable?

Now, Vivian's guardian job does NOT take place until years later when Emily has taken over the pudding n' pie; she has become, as the ftes warned her folks, the next Georgie Porgie of Fabletown. This means drugs, violence, sex, abuse and so much more. They all thought this was it; Emily would grow up to be just like him and that was the end. Gren and Carla were not getting along; Carla cheats, has these kids with another man and tries to say they were Gren's. all that time, however, Gren KNOWS something isn't right; he looks at Emily a different way, bgins to have feelings and desires for her. Same with Emily. She refuses to admit it.

Now, years later, all that BS happens with Mary Smith; she tries to kill off the Porgie Clan because they are Halfers and the reason why the Folker community is in shambles and the Fables lurk in their world. Emily goes to stay with Gren for protection and the rest is hostory; they can no longer deny their love, have sex and create the beautiful quads.

Gren's father gets wind, seeks out Gren and finds him. NOW, what does he have to say? I have a feeling it has to do with Seraphina...

I just love the BG for Gren's folks; his mother sounds like a wonderful woman and the Weeping Willow bit was a nice touch. I loved that idea; Gren hated his mother for what she did but because her lover for her child was so strong, the powers Gren inherited and passed on to his daughter can not hurt anything but plants. :3

That ending, too....

Emily stared at Gren but not like the others; she didn't LOOK at him or think differently. He was still the same Gren she grew up with, learned to love and understand.

This reassured Gren, as they made love into the night.

This makes me sad because Gren feared that Emily, like so many others, would look at him a certain way if he ever told her the truth. This is sad and I'm so glad Emily will never look at him any differently because of his past....now that's love. :3

I look forward to more, Pie! This is getting really good so far.

"Emily, you know about the mundy version for my story...right...?" "Yes..." Emily could feel the burning tears. "I do...." Gren sighs

• Similar to what pie said: at first I thought Harmony was going to be a punk-style Fable because of her blue hairstreaks. I was surely wrong on that, but eventually knowing that she was born with them made it all-the-more-awesome. :)

• Yeah, I tend to do that a bit...XD

Oh I figured he was but I wanted to make sure. Would hate to call him a theif and you be like 'DAFUQ is up with this asshole....' XD I THOUGHT I've seen the nickname a few times! Would make sense, considering who he hangs with from time to time. Adds character, too! :D

Looks like we've got an over-exaggerator here, guys! Just kidding, JJ, it's all good. :P If you're asking me about whether or not Tez is

• JJwolfJJwolf Banned
    edited February 2015

I ALMOST made her mundy but that's not very FABLE....XD

EWW! A mundy.....lol I STILL remember that 1st page, where she DID tear those mundies up and Georgie relaxed her with his guitar...right.....xD

That is so true; I had just played the 1st episode of TWAU and thought 'Hey, I should make my own OC....' I had Nancy and John WAAAAY before

• I still remember when you introduced Draco for the first time. I was like, "Fuck yeah. Another dragon Fable coming into the thread to get written about!" And turns out he was an awesome character too, so there's that. ;)

MasterStone posted: »

I kinda created my first character Draco out of the blue. I also enjoy dragons and their origins and gotten some inspiration from the Fable

• If you favored Corvo over Daud, then you must have not played the dlc for Dishonored then. (because seriously, the 2 story dlc's will actually make you care about Daud a lot more than Corvo)

You just reminded me that I need to finish Dishonored... I prefer Corvo to Daud though...

• Like I said, I haven't finished Dishonored (I haven't played that game for the best part of a year I think, but I really must finish it)

I have seen bits of the DLC, I guess if i play it I will care more about Daud...

If you favored Corvo over Daud, then you must have not played the dlc for Dishonored then. (because seriously, the 2 story dlc's will actually make you care about Daud a lot more than Corvo)

• It really is, and he really is! That's what my plan was anyway. Make him an overall nice guy despite his current 'role' in life, and to make him efficient in his duties - whatever they may be.

Hey, hey, don't call yourself a twit! You are a respectable weasel of good-standing, man. XD I appreciate you saying that my nursery rhyme was your reason in joining as well. :)

Corvo Attano and Daud from Dishonored That's a great game for inspiration! Tezoth seems much more appealing in personality than eith

• True dat, true dat. Well, you have until the summer to finish it! I trust you'll probably have beaten the main game by then. XD

Like I said, I haven't finished Dishonored (I haven't played that game for the best part of a year I think, but I really must finish it) I have seen bits of the DLC, I guess if i play it I will care more about Daud...

• Well, you have until the summer to finish it!

Sir, yes sir! But why the summer???

I'm at the point where the Assassin's got me (basically my next target is Daud and I'm on a high-chaos playthrough)

Btw, has there been any news on Dishonored 2??

True dat, true dat. Well, you have until the summer to finish it! I trust you'll probably have beaten the main game by then. XD

• My Tez is meant to be a background uncle of sorts? I... I have no words for this honorable mention. :')

I tried my best to make it fitting, given the circumstances. Winter is normally wearing more vibrant colors, things that assert herself and

• Yes Tohru Adachi is from Persona 4 :3 and one of my favorite video game characters of all time.

Another character from the Persona series, I'm guessing? :P

• Might as well dedicate your entire life to Persona, Tetra! Like, goddamn! :D

Yes Tohru Adachi is from Persona 4 and one of my favorite video game characters of all time.

• I'm giving you time in case you get bombarded by other games or by writing. :)

After that part, you should be pretty close to the ending - if not the final level.

No news for a sequel unfortunately, but I'm sure something will get announced in the next 2 or 3 years. (trying to be realistic again)

Well, you have until the summer to finish it! Sir, yes sir! But why the summer??? I'm at the point where the Assassin's got me (b

• DAFUQ is up- ...sorry, you were saying? ;)

I had a feeling Rose would be considered a thief after I read that one part in the comic where she was in the truck delivering guns. I suppose you could say it'd be coincidental love at first sight? I dunno, but as I said to pie below: them being together was perfect regardless!

JJwolf posted: »

Yeah, I tend to do that a bit...XD Oh I figured he was but I wanted to make sure. Would hate to call him a theif and you be like 'DAFUQ i

Sign in to comment in this discussion.