Who sent the killer?

I am surprised no one has made a thread yet

Any theories on who sent the assassin? My friend and I both thought Cersei when we pondered about who sent the killer, but we also thought it could be the two dudes we walked to with Tyrion. They have good reason to want her dead. I don't think Cersei really hates Mira.

Comments

• It defenitely had to be the Whitehill ambassadors, perhaps the fat one. Given the main antagonist of this story is Ludd Whitehill.

• it would have been the whitehill guy we met earlier with tyrion there really isn't anyone else mira has pissed off so far i think except him

• Now the question is, how would the whitehills get a lannister to kill for them?

Jewfreeus posted: »

it would have been the whitehill guy we met earlier with tyrion there really isn't anyone else mira has pissed off so far i think except him

• I a Whitehill is probably the best suspect, but I also have this theory that it has something to do with the coal boy. What was he doing in the gardens at midnight? He just HAPPENED to wander by as you were being murdered? I guess he could have just been following you, but apparently even if you chose not to kill the guard and you run instead, somehow the coal boy still survives. That kid weighs like 90 pounds, no WAY he can survive against a Lannister guard. I know it's far fetched, but isn't it possible the coal boy (or his employer) had SOMETHING to do with it? Attempting to have Mira murdered so the coal boy would rescue her and she'd be in his debt?

• The fat merchant dude.

• edited February 2015

Cersei hates EVERYBODY, and the fact that Mira is aligned with both Tyrion AND Margaery, her two least favourite people, may well be enough for her to order an assassination of a relative nobody. It could very well be her, she has means, motive, and opportunity, as they say.

That said, the merchant lords seem the more likely culprits; unlike Cersei, we stand a chance of stopping them, and it would also make sense for them to try and assassinate their competition - House Forrester would not be able to send a replacement negotiator in time to fulfill any sort of contract, if they could even spare the men. Thus eliminating Mira would both ensure the contract, and make it far more lucrative. More than worth it to bribe a guard to assassinate her.

Lastly, it's possible Tyrion's "favour" may have involved him painting a huge target on Mira's head for no other purpose than to irk Cersei, or as part of some scheme or other. It's possible he made her a target for some sort of retaliation, although it's very unlikely, given his character in the show, that he would do something so callous to an ally without at least warning them of what might happen, so call that a fringe possibility.

• Good theories, how could the Whitehills get a Lannister to kill for them? Cersei wouldn't have to do anything to get one of their goons to kill for her, just say the name and they are dead.

Now the question is, how would the whitehills get a lannister to kill for them?

• I think it's a little all the above.

Cersi isn't above coordinating a assassination attempt and probably worked with the Whitehills to get Mira killed. Cersi likes to control or get rid of ANY potential threat to the crown. She can control Sansa, but not Mira, therefore Mira must die. Whitehills see a threat to their pending monpoly to the Ironwood and would be easy allies for Cersi.

• money......

Now the question is, how would the whitehills get a lannister to kill for them?

• edited February 2015

If Cersai would have Mira killed she wouldn't sent a killer at midnight with all the preparation and the chances that Mira doesn't appear.

She would have had her arrested on some forged charges and have her handed over to Quyburn.

maimed_dan posted: »

Cersei hates EVERYBODY, and the fact that Mira is aligned with both Tyrion AND Margaery, her two least favourite people, may well be enough

• edited February 2015

I'm going to go ahead and say the calmer Whitehill ambassador. The fat guy was a loudmouth and (a bit of) an idiot. He's just a thug that would probably be nowhere if the calmer of the duo wasn't holding him back.

It reminds me of Black Walder and Lame Lothar Frey. Lame Lothar was always the kinder of the two, but he also orchestrated the Red Wedding with Roose Bolton and Tywin Lannister.

• I just asked this -_-. It wasn't anyone from the North so it rules out the Boltons but not the Whitehills

• It was probably Gared Tuttle, that back-stabbing swine.

• I think that fat merchant dude had something to do with it

• Gared? But why

It was probably Gared Tuttle, that back-stabbing swine.

• Nah, that would be too obvious. I'm guessing it was probably the calmer merchant.

I think that fat merchant dude had something to do with it

• It was either the tall, polite merchant, or a set up made by the Coal Boy. Mark my words, that guy is nifty, and dangerous, and either he or sera will have Mira get killed

• If Mira secured the trade for ironwood, she would need to remain alive for that deal to remain valid. It's bad for business to have one party, or their representative, murdered. Tyrion knows his sister and King's Landing, so if he had any sense, he wouldn't have told Cersei about the deal he made. Besides, Cersei isn't concerned about anything or anyone from the North now that the rebellion has effectively ended. Her main focus is the wedding between Joffrey and Margaery, and trying to keep as much power for herself as she can while being an ass to Margaery.

It was the merchants. The one who took the unexpected turn of the meeting much better than the other is likely the planner. It hardly matters which, though, they both probably agreed on having Mira killed. What matters, at least in my playthrough, a Lannister guard superior is dead, and if Cersei traced that to the handmaiden of Margaery, she would have field day. And now, we know Sera's motivations. She might reveal this to Cersei to get Mira out of the way and gain favor with Margaery to further her goal of marriage.

• It could be Sera.

• It's either Sera or Merchants.
    Merchants would gain alot by killing Mira.
    Maybe Sera and that Lannister guard are having romantic relationship, so she wants Mira dead since she is in her way of getting close to Margery?

Not Cersei because she could have her arrested for anything really and kill her, no need for games.

• My best guess is the Whitehill people that were in King's Landing.

• its him!! its always him!!!

Alt text

• edited February 2015

My guess is Cersei Lannister, considering the guard was a Lannister soldier and heard the conversation earlier about Tyrion petition to buy Ironwood from Mira. However it could also be the more friendly ambassador of the two Whitehill`s men, as the most friendly face is often the one guilty in the world of Game of Thrones.

• edited February 2015

I'm going to go ultra tin foil hat here and say Tyrion.

Why? He didn't have a reason. In fact, he didn't want Mira killed at all. I believe he sent Damian not to kill Mira, but to have himself killed.

He expresses concern and paranoia regarding his sister and King Joffrey after the Battle of the Blackwater, always worrying about his life. This causes him to suspect Damian who is constantly under his service and notice, for example at the Ironwood meeting in the Great Hall.. Although under the service of House Lannister and Tyrion, he suspects his true loyalties lie to Queen Cersei and, in turn, Joffrey.

It's also worth noting that dealing with Damian could, in fact, be part of the agreement to secure Ironwood through the Crown. He never specified the task, only that he would give his terms. Remember his words upon completion of the deal: "This will either be very good for the both of us or very bad for you." In this case, the 'good' scenario would be that Tyrion could sleep a little better at night and Mira escapes with her life and a deal for her house. The 'bad' scenario is that Tyrion still has to deal with Damian and that Mira either dies or is suspected of assault if you as the player chose not to kill Damien.

People would probably say this is out of character for Tyrion to even consider putting an innocent at risk (or at least show-Tyrion) but what if he made an agreement with the coal boy or whoever he works for to guarantee Mira's safety? If the coal boy was an agent of Varys (I'll put a ? if you don't agree Varys would actually support this), who I suspect, then no doubt the two of them would be in shenanigans together. Let's also not forget Tyrion had a talent for playing even his ally's or even people he distrusts (Janos Slynt) in his own tricks. People who remember his time as Hand of the King will know what he's capable of.

But then what does Varys(?) get out of putting one of his own agents on the line? The thing that everyone else is interested in House Forrester for: Ironwood. Varys(?) probably doesn't want the Ironwood for himself of course. But by securing Mira's safety through the coal boy and making this fact known to her, he could secure House Forrester's Ironwood to whatever mysterious power he desires. Maybe he wouldn't start calling in supply to this 'power' immediately, for now they could work for Tyrion and the Crown to avert suspicion. Just as long as Mira cooperated with Varys(?) when required he could feed her little bits of information that could be needed to keep House Forrester alive, such as information on the Whitehills, the status of Asher or any other pieces of intrigue that are regular in King's Landing.

I don't know if you can actually refuse Tyrion's deal, but even so there's nothing at risk for Tyrion and there still exists a reason for Varys(?) to be interested. All it means in worst case is that they have to work through the Whitehills for Ironwood.

So what do you think of this 0.001%-0% chance of happening theory? In all seriousness I think it was just the Whitehills who went to Cersei for help. Cersei probably just ordered Damien to kill her, forcing Tyrion to deal with the Whitehills. But that's not as fun and convoluted.

• True, she could just say "She's a Northern traitor, look at these incriminating letters we forg-- I mean found in her room, off with her head." Might be tricky with Margaery though, not worth the headache of arguing/negotiating with her, but yeah, if Cersei wanted Mira dead, Mira's probably dead.

If Cersai would have Mira killed she wouldn't sent a killer at midnight with all the preparation and the chances that Mira doesn't appear. She would have had her arrested on some forged charges and have her handed over to Quyburn.

• I also think that it is Tyrion. The way he was speaking, the fact that the guard was there, and the sense that Tyrion is a player of the game, and is good at it, leaves me to believe he is infact the one that ordered it. If it was one of Cersi's men, it wouldn't be all that hard.

However, the theory that the coal boy is involved, is something to consider. Also, I am curious to see what happens now that I decided to keep the knife....

• I dont think it was the merchants. I reckon it was someone close to the Lannisters, not liking the trading with Tyrion. Tyrion is key here, they claimed to have info on him. Also, Damien wore Lannister colours. Why would the Lannisters work togheter with the Whitehills in order to take out the forresters? They should know that the whitehils cant cultivate the forests. It doesnt make sense.
    I dont think this had much to do with the Forrester/Whitehill conflict. At best the whitehills cut a deal about ironwood with another Lannister outside of the room if they promised to give them the woods from the Forresters.
    I reckon this was to stop Tyrion from having any success though, out of spite. Perhaps Cersei not taking a liking to the conversation with Mira in the previous episode, figuring out that having Mira close to Margaery and thus her son is a bad idea cause she is giving favours to Tyrion.

• edited February 2015

At the end I thought about it. I don't think Cersei - it would be to obvious.
    Tyrion - maybe.

But I think about - who is it Sera wants to marry? I don't think it's Damian, someone with more influence. We don't know much about her and if I know something about GOT, than it is: Be sceptical about the nice people. She just seems to nice and innocent for this world - so I think there will be a big plot about her in a later episode.

My Mira is getting in the way of many people: Sera - for not promising to help her/by being to close to Margaery; Margaery - by asking for to much favors and risking her wedding by forcing her;
    The House Whitehill is sure not a fan and I don't think that the House Lannister is a real fan.

In the GOT-World anyone could be a killer.

• For people saying that it was the coal boy, the game of thrones is set hundreds of years ago... During a time in which I sincerely doubt a coal boy would know how to write as there is a letter for Mira on her bed. The Lannister guard - Damien however I assume would. The question you have got to ask is the outcome - who would benefit from the death of Mira? House Whitehill as Mira was causing problems for them because of the whole ironwood situation. The question of how they got a Lannister guard to do the hit would be money and such or they convinced Cersei...

• Exactly my thoughts! :D

vctim posted: »

I'm going to go ahead and say the calmer Whitehill ambassador. The fat guy was a loudmouth and (a bit of) an idiot. He's just a thug that wo

• Game of Thrones is set in a fantasy world of dragons, magic and ice zombies, but a literate, capable coal boy/spy isn't believable?

You only have to look at Varys to see how a person from such a small, harsh background can go so far.

TripleDub7 posted: »

For people saying that it was the coal boy, the game of thrones is set hundreds of years ago... During a time in which I sincerely doubt a c

• edited February 2015

Now that you mention it...the coal boy may be a suspect, cause when I ran away from the guard trying to kill the coal boy, the coal boy appeared in "Next time on Game of Thrones." Maybe it wasn`t a glitch, maybe the guard let the coal boy go and made it only look as if he tried to kill him. Then again, lowborn characters cannot write....though the coal boy and the guard could be working together.

Davissons posted: »

Game of Thrones is set in a fantasy world of dragons, magic and ice zombies, but a literate, capable coal boy/spy isn't believable? You only have to look at Varys to see how a person from such a small, harsh background can go so far.

• Ok so I think the Coal Boy is up to some shady shit. He's a little too eager to help. Also I think he was the one that left the note on the bed, even though the guard says it was from him, but when you look at the penmanship it looks like a little kid wrote it, so either Coal Sneak did it or the guard has the penmanship of a 3rd grader. Also when that girl with the jug of wine is asked how she got it, she said something to the effect of, "Oh I know a guy who stocks whatever", maybe its the Coal Boy. Also maybe its a misdirection on who sent the assassin, maybe it wasnt the Whitehills that sent him, but maybe it was because Sera told Mira her secret? It seems like a big deal that's glossed over, and she was shifty about why Lady Olenna looked after her. Also wtf was Coal Boy doing in the gardens for no reason? Coal Boy is Azhor Ahai.

• Gustav_KennyGustav_Kenny Banned
    edited February 2015

IT WAS RODREEK!

did i just say rodreek

oh god

• I don't think it was the fat merchant, that would be too obvious. Its likely the nicer merchant, though I wouldn't be surprised if it was both of them

• I'm thinking it might be Tyrion as well...on another topic, Coal Boy is still really suspicious to me. The game made a big deal of you being able to notice the scuff marks on the floor (which automatically made me think it had to be the Coal Boy), not to mention the handwriting on the note looking like a second grader's.

• I don't think it is Tyrion.

He might be a schemer but he lacks the ruthlessness of some of his other Lannister relatives, like Joffrey, Cersei, or Tywin. Murdering children isn't really his style. He even defends Sansa from Joffrey/Cersei, even though her house was a fervent enemy of his. Having Tyrion be behind it would be out of character with the book or TV series version of him.

• I'm going to guess it's one of the ambassadors- but not the fat one. I'm guessing the one that was all smiles and courtesy will be the one who stabs us in the back.

• It´s pretty obvious who did it. It was Cotter the potato fucker. It might sound a little crazy but hear me out!

He was going to sell her corpse to the Forresters (just like that guy who was trying to sell Rodrik) and buy a new shoe because he ruined his old one with a crossbow! It all makes sense doesn´t it?

Plus Damien tried to kill Mira with a dagger. I find it very unlikely that there are multiple daggers in Westeros. But guess who stole a dagger from that dude at the wall? Cotter! He sent a raven to Kings Landing with the dagger and a message for Damien. They would split the money and Damien needs money. Why? Because he needs to buy a helmet. When the other Lannister guard meets Mira it´s pretty obvious Damien didn´t like him. He wasn´t protecting Mira because he tries to kill her a minute later. That was pure helmet envy.

So... I cracked the case. No idea how you people didn´t see that coming. You can thank me later.

• Why do people think it was Tyrion? I doubt it was him

Sign in to comment in this discussion.