Start a Story, be your own Fable. (Create a Fable Thread)

Comments

• Don't worry, your laughable (in a good way) expression and epic pipe made your selfie unique. :) Plus, the paintings you have in the background are pretty stylish too!

LupineNoir posted: »

SELFIE! I'm not great at taking pictures of myself but, hey, why not? XD Californian swagger ain't something I can pull off - @JJwolf @puddi

• Nice sweater! I was expecting to see the infamous Hello Kitty phone cover myself now that pie reminded me of it. :PPPPPPPPPP

EMMYPESS posted: »

http://instagram.com/p/y0O1A3JJRE/?modal=true Well, this is me. I had to really talk myself into doing it XD On the up side, I went driv

• edited February 2015

You look so chill in this, it's amazing. :D I think I remember those headphones you've mentioned a while back too!

Tetra posted: »

So I had to shuffle my way to get dinner. Not impressed that papa Johns wasn't open XD Here I am! I can't smile for shit though XD

• This was actually really nerve racking lol I hate taking pictures XD yup I've been using these headphones for as long as I can remember :)

You look so chill in this, it's amazing. I think I remember those headphones you've mentioned a while back too!

• edited February 2015

If you didn't like it, then consider it your final time for a long time. XD Did you get your Papa John's from somewhere else, though?

This was actually really nerve racking lol I hate taking pictures XD yup I've been using these headphones for as long as I can remember

• Proceeds to jump for joy in extreme pain

If you didn't like it, then consider it your final time for a long time. XD Did you get your Papa John's from somewhere else, though?

• Good for you, Emily! :D

Tonight, was a special night. Emily had no idea. This was indeed a night to remember.

:D :D :D OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!!!!!

pudding_pie posted: »

The quads were bathed, dressed and ready for the evening. Emily packed a diaper bag of all the necessery things they would need: diapers, wi

• edited February 2015

Here we are: the face behind DragonButter and all of the creativity you've seen by me in the past and present.

Alt text

P.S. - Yes, I have a moustache. :3

• You are adorable! XD

That moustache rocks!!!

Well that just leaves me... It's about 9:20am over here and I'm off to see Kingsman: The Secret Service at the cinema. When I get back I'll throw on my shirt and tie Bigby style and take my first ever selfie :/ (I'm really nervous...)

Here we are: the face behind DragonButter and all of the creativity you've seen by me in the past and present. P.S. - Yes, I have a moustache.

• -Bows down- All mighty thread leader...I'm not worthy. xD

Hey man, its nice to finally put a face with the name Dragonbutter. I remember AWHILE ago you mentioned the stache and it's kickass! Also, that beanie adds just enough swag to the image. Great pic, man. :3

Here we are: the face behind DragonButter and all of the creativity you've seen by me in the past and present. P.S. - Yes, I have a moustache.

• So this is the almighty Dragon! Awesome mustache man!

• I'm about to selfie up...

Just gotta tie the tie :P

So this is the almighty Dragon! Awesome mustache man!

• Alt text

Nick did his best to elude a dancing Peter in his black boxers, doing his best 'raise the roof' impressions while buttoning up his shirt. In the other room, Ethan was completing the finishing touches to his suit. He modeled a typical black suit only this time, the color was a very light pink, shoes were black and hair neatly combed back; he held it in place, thanks to the many years of observing Gren ritually do this every morning.

Peter jumped over his bed, snatched up his pants and continued to dance. Nearly being struck by his massive hand, Nick dodges the near fatal blow (or, a painful one at that) glides near the window and sits against the edge. Peter buttons up his pants and begins the daunting task of picking a tie.

"Just PICK one that matches." Nick sighs. "It's not THAT hard, Peter...."

"Hush." Peter dances in place. "I need one that screams 'I'm the Sheriff and damn I look good.' How 'bout this one?"

Peter holds up a dark purple. His colors were dark enough he'd be able to hide its true color. Nick, however, refused to let the boy leave either office or his own apartment looking like he'd just woke up and threw something together last moment.

"I'm not really too good with these things. Ethan!"

Ethan heads into Peter's room and nearly trips on the loose articles of clothing scattered along the floor. Even as an adult male, he still found it difficult to aim for the hamper. Ethan found his brother, shirtless and confused, picking out a tie. It took Ethan no more than five seconds before grabbing a semi-neatly hung tie on the rack.

"Why do you make life so much more arduous than it needs to be?"

"What do you mean?" Peter struggles with the looping. "I'm getting my damn monkey suit on, took a shower...acting like a proper gentlemen."

Ethan, exasperated with Peter's struggles to make a simple loop, snatches his twin brother and begins the formidable task of creating a perfect, pleaseable tie. Ethan, unlike Peter, stride for perfection and refused to be seen with slobs, unkept individuals or those that lacked any for of skill to communicate. Peter used to blame their mother for the need to refer to every adult as 'sir' or 'ma'am'. Ethan took these lessons a bit to the extreme; Peter was a chicalrous, don't get him wrong. He'd open up plenty of doors in his day, bought flowers, said his pleases and thank-you's. But there was indeed something different about the boys as the grew: Ethan had no idea what 'fun' truly was.

"There." Ethan pats Peter's chest. "All done."

"Thanks." Peter adjusts it one last time. "Seems a bit tight, don't you think?"

"I'll answer that." Nick flies and stops before Peter's face. "Last year, you nearly lost every article of clothing due to your inability to say no to alcoholic beverages."

Peter found this to be the perfect opportunity. "Hey, I was having fun. And besides...the need to drink AND smoke coarses through my veins."

Nick huffs. "About the ONLY time you acknowledge that man."

"PRETTY much there, Nick." Peter taps Nick's face. "Lighten up. You sure are a stickler, even for a dead guy."

"A stickler?!" Nick was staggered. "I'll have you know, Peter, I used to be a hoot back in the day and-"

"Seriously?" Peter cocks his eyebrow. "You seriously went to parties...."

"Well, th ones I COULD go to. The king and queen at the time were-"

Peter holds out his hand. "Stop. Please." He attempts the task of not laughing. Peter fails. "I'm sorry but-those were NOT parties. Tonight, WE are going to a party."

Ethan rolls his eyes at Peter's quirky antics. His brother enjoyed to pester Nick, even if it clearly made no logical sense. The man had clearing been partaking in drinking a bit before their final arrival and it showed as Peter tried to get his shoes on.

"Wonderful, Sheriff but-" Ethan points to his wrist watch. "We have to go now."

"What's the rush, Ethan?" Peter continues to dance. "We have ALL night. No rush."

"Well, the party DOES start in twenty minutes."

"We'll get there. Calm down, have a drink or two and-"

"Unbelievable." Ethan throws his hands up. "Does Holly know the way you're acting right now?"

"Hey, hey, hey, hey-HEY. No. BAD Ethan. You keep her out of this."

Ethan shakes his head and sits on the bed. With patience, Peter finally gets the shoes on. If anyone was capable of keeping Peter Porgie on a tight leash, it would be Holly. Wearing a simple dark purple dress, Holly waddles into the bedroom and holds up her camera.

Peter moans. "Ah no, babe....not the pictures."

"Oh, stop your bitching, Peter. Just a few photos."

"We'll be taking pictures ALL night, sweetie."

Holly holds her ground. "You'll be intoxicated within an hour."

"See?" Ethan pokes Peter's arm. "Told ya'...."

"Fine fine. Let me just-"

"Here." Holly hands Ethan the camera. "Hold this, please."

The bar Troll takes the next few minutes moving, shifting and tightning and loose ends around Peter. When this was complete, Ethan took several pictures of the couple; Holly took some with the brothers and finally, Nick managed to work the camera just enough to snap a few of all three together.

Ethan glares at the watch. "Okay-NOW can we go?"

The trio pay their goodbyes to Nick, exit the apartment and head for the party. Nick, all alone, searches for the remote. He picks the phone up with his mouth, dials up his usual numbers and waits for her voice. When she answers, Nick beams with delight.

"HEEEEEEEEEY, they are gone. Ready to come on over and have a REAL party?"

The convention center was packed with Fables from all over the community. So many faces, yet Emily knew so little of the Fables she walked by. Arm in arm with Gren, many stopped to view the newest couple to enter the building. Word, like always, dispersed quickly in this town. Before the fifth month of her pregnancy, everyone knew who the father was. More, to be perfectly honest, were surprised to see Georgie Porgie's daughter even considering the task of becoming a mother. These thoughts used to make Emily vexed and mortified; to have an entire community label you as a 'bad seed' all because there were periods in your life were it was not always rainbows and sunshine.

Emily learned to avoid the negativity and hold her head up high. Her father made sure to remind Emily of this every year. Even every day of her life. He of all people understood were she was coming from. Gren, however, was not too keen of forgetting and 'moving on' just yet. He was determined to voice his thoughts on the first Fable who dared speak about either Emily or his family in any unsettling way. Emily, leaning into Gren's body, could feel his muscles clentch and teeth begin to grind.

"Relax, love. Ya' startin' ta' let these fookas' get ta' ya'."

Gren presses his lips near Emily's ear. "They are making me want to fucking tear this suit off and tear THEM to shreds."

"Now now, love. Let's not give them the uppa' hand, 'ere. Leave 'em be."

The couple pass by the buffet table. Crowded around like various Farm animals, Emily watched several groups of attendees picking, sniffing and tasting the treats before them. Charming made sure the banquet had plenty and all sorts of different variaties to choose from. Roasted Duck, stuffed Crabs, assorted meats, cheeses, olives and cracker platters. Salads of mixed styles. Near the fountain, a fondue station, dessert trays and cakes for miles occupied a single table. Waiters and Waitresses walked around, offering glasses full of the bubblest Champagne money could offer.

"Do ya want ta' eat, Gren?"

"Maybe..." Gren scans the area. "I don't see any of your family."

"They are always fookin' late ta' these things." Emily guides Gren to the food. "And besides, they ain't gunna miss too much. Charming LOVES a huge crowd, 'member?"

"I do..." Gren fiddles with the tiny velvet box in his back pocket. "I can recall charming and-"

"The fook ya' doing back there, Gren?" Emily tries to view Gren's backside. "Are ya' pickin' ya' bloody arse HERE, Grendel?!"

"What, no!" Gren's hand drops to the side. "I'm not....no. Just adjusting my pants."

Gren shoved the tiny bax back. Not now, he thought. Please. Not until tonight. He had so much planned.

Emily grabs a plate and hands it to Gren. As they take their place in line, Emily watches the remaining guests arrive. Several head to the frint desk; a man in a blue suit, mustache and loud, thunderous voice, announces the last call to enter in the night's give-away. Emily notices her sister Katie nearly drag Jersey to the front of the line. The poor man reaches into his pocket and pulls out several twenties. Emily chuckles. Even as an adult, Katie was able to make the Jersey Devil do anything her little heart desired. A slice of Haven was at stake and if not all, most of the female Fables, were chewing at the bit just to win.

"Sure you don't want a little piece of some boring kingdom, Emily?" Gren chuckles. "Hear it's all the thing this year."

Emily beams. "I got me little slice waitin' at home."

Gren kisses the top of Emily's head, as he fishes out several pieces of sliced Pork, Oysters, prepares a green salad and scoops out several spoonfulls of rice pilaf. Emily and Gren find their reserved seating; several other Fables sit, eat and drink either wine, champagne or water with lemon. Children run around the dance floor and pretend to play varied games. When the quads were old enough, Emily would bring them to the party. As the couple quietly dines, all eyes seemed to be focused on them for the time being.

Gren looked around. As his eyes locked on the other Fables, they'd turn their heads and avoid the beast's ravenous glares. Gren sunk his teeth into the moist Pork and continued to view the crowd. Several Fables whispered and pointed in their general direction. Emily understood the fascination; it could become old and boring really quick but the more Emily ignored their stares, the easier the night became. Reminding Gren, the two were calm and collected and enjoyed their meal.

Emily could recall a time where the same Fables did this to her own folks. Now, the sight of Georgie Porgie with Lyla was nothing more than a yearly routine for the town. That was yesterday's news; ocassionally, Georgie and Lyla found themselves among some Fables that refused to give the couple a free pass and let bygones be bygones. Tonight, it was Emily and Gren's turn.

Emily noticed her brother Junior and Mary enter the convention center; the mirror located near the stairs was there for one, single purpose. And it was reserved for Bloody Porgie and his family. It was just the two tonight; Junior and Mary's attire coordinated with one another's, as they head over to the dining area and begin the process of creating their dinner. Georgie and Lyla waved at Emily and made their way through the crowd. Katie and Jersey remained in line, while the Sheriff anf Deputy Mayor made their apperance.

Holly found Emily and took a seat beside her. "Sorry we are late."

"Nah. We just got here ourselves."

Holly chuckles. "Relax, Gren. You look so uptight."

"Hate dressing up. Feel ridiculous."

Emily gently caresses Gren's face. "But ya' look so bloody handsome."

Before long, Mayor charming walks up the stage and takes his place between Peter and Ethan. Clinking a fork against the glass, the entire convention center goes quiet and all eyes on the three men standing before them.

Charming holds up a glass. "My fellow members of this fine community. I welcome you all to this marvelous occassion and glad you could all be here. I see some old faces and a few that are brand new to this town. Welcome."

There is a moment of clapping before charming speaks again. "I'd like to take this opportunity to bow our heads in silence for the Fables we lost over the years. Their names will forever be in not only the books but in our hearts and thoughts."

Every Fables in the room paused to hang their heads in silence. Over the centuries, many were lost. Emily looked around. She could remember when this moment to pay tribute to the dead was interrupted by Fables who felt the need to pin-point her father's past mistakes. The boos, hissing and taunts nearly drove her father to madness; Lyla thankfully, along with a few others, calmed the man down before his fit of fage was blown out of perportion. No one dared attempt this. That was in the past, Charming always stated. For that, he had Emily's respect.

She and Gren held hands, as the moment of silence ended with Charming clearing his throat. Peering up, Charming holds out his glass of Wine and prepares a toast. Soon, the room is full of glasses.

"To Fabletown. May we contine to burgeon and continue our daily lives in this wholesome community. May we never forget our roots, our past and mostly importantly, who we are. To the future. To Remembrance Day."

"To Remembrance Day." The crowd simultaneously said these words.

Drinking, the band began to play. Several Fables stood up and headed to the dance floor. Emily grabs Gren's hand and pulls him up from the seat.

"C'mon, ya' big lug. Come dance with me."

Following Emily, the couple join and dance.

Any questions, you know the drill. :3 Was asked to draw a few more 'sexy' pictures of the Porgie girls and Lyla with Georgie. My fiancee looked at the one with the Porgie clan girls and giggled; said these poor girls must be cold and Georgie should have bought a gun. xD

Alt text
    Alt text

• Really? Have to say that's oddly pleasing. :P The painting is another Van Gogh, though I've got lots of others artists all stuck up around me. Thanks!

I agree with JJ: we do have that 'swag' thing going on but to tell you the truth, Noir, that pipe gives ya' some, too. I love those paintings, too and from the 1st pic I saw with you in the aviator glasses, this is a real treat! Love the hair, too!

• Money does change some things, but it doesn't have to change how you act towards others. That's entirely your own decision; some people just get too rich to care. :/

HazzatheMan posted: »

Toffs who look down on the commoners as 'the dirt beneath their feet' Yeah I can't stand them either, but when you have all that money, it does change you...

• Thought I'd do something different and go for the pipe, for whatever reason. :P You seem to get locked out an unfortunate amount of times!

The pipe! Man guess I gotta do this. Might as well I locked myself out like an idiot trying to get myself food. XD

• Thanks, dude. :D

Don't worry, your laughable (in a good way) expression and epic pipe made your selfie unique. Plus, the paintings you have in the background are pretty stylish too!

• Looking mighty fine, my friend. :D Those glasses make you look rather stylish! And Pepper looks adorable, as well as reminding me of my dog. :3

MasterStone posted: »

Well not entirely a selfie... Me and my doge Pepper.

• Indeed.

Money does change some things, but it doesn't have to change how you act towards others. That's entirely your own decision; some people just get too rich to care.

• Them Porgie girls and Lyla... I'm super jealous right now!!!

Nick did his best to elude a dancing Peter in his black boxers, doing his best 'raise the roof' impressions while buttoning up his shirt. In

• edited February 2015

Alt text

Well this is me in my Bigby outfit (I'm rubbish at tying ties :P)

So it's come out sideways... Fuck you tinypic.com!!!

• Why do I always expect you guys to be wearing glasses?? xD xD For some reason, thought you did, too. :P

I'm digging the picture, though! You are not at all what I expected to see (in a good way) Loving the Bigby shirt and tie combination! FINALLY ya' joined the bandwagon. Now we all know a face behind the names!! :D

Well this is me in my Bigby outfit (I'm rubbish at tying ties :P) So it's come out sideways... Fuck you tinypic.com!!!

• Great selfie. :D The slightly shorter hair is a nice style. :)

EMMYPESS posted: »

http://instagram.com/p/y0O1A3JJRE/?modal=true Well, this is me. I had to really talk myself into doing it XD On the up side, I went driv

• My parent's both need glasses :P Hopefully I won't follow the same fate :D

I'll try and post a full shot of the outfit at some point, it's not much but oh well :/

Why do I always expect you guys to be wearing glasses?? xD xD For some reason, thought you did, too. :P I'm digging the picture, though!

• This time it was my own fault XD walked right out the door without my wallet! XD the other times my roommates were being assessment :P all I have for interesting things is my headphones XD everyone always questions where I got them from and such.

Thought I'd do something different and go for the pipe, for whatever reason. :P You seem to get locked out an unfortunate amount of times!

• Indeed, they are something, aren't they? :) Great genetics brewing from both sides.

Them Porgie girls and Lyla... I'm super jealous right now!!!

• Looking very good, Tetra! XD You shouldn't be so worried about taking pictures of yourself. :P Good looking headphones, too!

So I had to shuffle my way to get dinner. Not impressed that papa Johns wasn't open XD Here I am! I can't smile for shit though XD

• Hazza you look awesome man! Bigby shirt and tie is awesome!

And I think that's everyone! Now let's never do this again I hate taking pictures XD

Well this is me in my Bigby outfit (I'm rubbish at tying ties :P) So it's come out sideways... Fuck you tinypic.com!!!

• Now let's never do this again I hate taking pictures

We all blame you, @JJwolf xD JK

Hazza you look awesome man! Bigby shirt and tie is awesome! And I think that's everyone! Now let's never do this again I hate taking pictures XD

• Dude, I'm loving that mustache! Gives you a proper look and style, especially with that beanie. :D

• Indeed.... Plz God send me into pudding_pie's dirty pics when I die!!! XD

Indeed, they are something, aren't they? Great genetics brewing from both sides.

• I don't know why but it's the most nerve racking thing I've ever done in my life and it's a stupid picture XD Thank you! :D I've been wearing these headphones for as long as I can remember as I rarely actually take them off.

Looking very good, Tetra! XD You shouldn't be so worried about taking pictures of yourself. :P Good looking headphones, too!

• Yeah JJ! XD JK

Now let's never do this again I hate taking pictures We all blame you, @JJwolf xD JK

• JJ started this... only JJ can finish it! XP

Nah, in all seriousness I wouldn't mind if something like this got started again, but next time would have to be different from selfies..

I KNOW! We should post reactions of TWAU Season 2 announcement XD ...... I'm joking....

Now let's never do this again I hate taking pictures We all blame you, @JJwolf xD JK

• Thnx man, wasn't sure of the response I would get :P

Hazza you look awesome man! Bigby shirt and tie is awesome! And I think that's everyone! Now let's never do this again I hate taking pictures XD

• Ah my roommate came up in the elevator and he saw me and let me back in to get my wallet so I could start my journey to get food XD Thanks! :D

That is very annoying when it happens! XD How did you pay for food if you didn't have your wallet? I remember you and Dragon having a conversation about the headphones; going by your picture, they do suit you.

• reactions of TWAU Season 2 announcement

I'm so doing this! :D Ya'll will be like 'Calm down, Pie...seriously....' xD

JJ started this... only JJ can finish it! XP Nah, in all seriousness I wouldn't mind if something like this got started again, but next t

• That is very annoying when it happens! XD How did you pay for food if you didn't have your wallet? I remember you and Dragon having a conversation about the headphones; going by your picture, they do suit you. :D

This time it was my own fault XD walked right out the door without my wallet! XD the other times my roommates were being assessment :P all I have for interesting things is my headphones XD everyone always questions where I got them from and such.

• Haha you're good man don't worry :p

Thnx man, wasn't sure of the response I would get :P

• I don't know why but it's the most nerve racking thing I've ever done in my life

My thought as well! That was my first ever selfie...

I don't know why but it's the most nerve racking thing I've ever done in my life and it's a stupid picture XD Thank you! I've been wearing these headphones for as long as I can remember as I rarely actually take them off.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.