The Maester, Duncan or Royland?

So who's the traitor? I'm thinking Duncan, but after the Maester told Gryff to leave the arm, I think it may be him :-/

Comments

• I really think it's Duncan ! I don't know why but there's something fishy with him ... I just .. I don't know.

• HiroVoidHiroVoid Moderator

Ironically, despite probably being set up to be the most suspicious, the maester's pretty much the only person it couldn't be I think. Rodrick being around gives the Forresters much more power now that the Whitehills no longer have the lord as a hostage. If he was working with the Whitehills, he could have easily made it seem like Rodrick died from his injuries.

• None of the three! I bet it's lady Forrester. She acts suspicous. Espacially If you don't tell her anything after you met the whitehill girl.

But I could be wrong

• edited March 2015

I did think it could be Lady Forrester. But not sure what she has to gain by having her whole family wiped out... Duncan came across as especially fishy in this episode to me. Which means it's probably not him... god I hope it's not the Maester. I really like him!

None of the three! I bet it's lady Forrester. She acts suspicous. Espacially If you don't tell her anything after you met the whitehill girl. But I could be wrong

• edited March 2015

She's trying to safe the live of her youngest son I guess. Maybe she even wants Rodrick dead in order to install her other son as lord and reign in his name. she's ambitious and it's GoT after all.

ALIENANGIE posted: »

I did think it could be Lady Forrester. But not sure what she has to gain by having her whole family wiped out... Duncan came across as espe

• Lady Forester probably thought it would help save Ryon's life. Like if they submit the Whitehills won't kill them.

I did think it could be Lady Forrester. But not sure what she has to gain by having her whole family wiped out... Duncan came across as espe

• Honestly I initially thought Royland, but then considered the maester. There's just something..off about him. I can't quite explain it.

• I would suspect Lady Forrester, but I'm pretty sure TT wouldn't do that because then she'd be an almost exact Catelyn copy.

• Yeah but catelin was a traitor for rob stark, trying to safe her children from king's landing. So she freed the kingslayer.....

Same situation here.

Daniel354 posted: »

I would suspect Lady Forrester, but I'm pretty sure TT wouldn't do that because then she'd be an almost exact Catelyn copy.

• my personal bet is lady forrester, ortengryn second.

• I replayed and chose the option "protect Duncan" instead of "punch Gryff" and now I'm even more certain that he's the traitor...

• Then why risk her son's safety by telling the Whitehills of the plan to save him?

She's trying to safe the live of her youngest son I guess. Maybe she even wants Rodrick dead in order to install her other son as lord and reign in his name. she's ambitious and it's GoT after all.

• If he was working with the Whitehills, he could have easily made it seem like Rodrick died from his injuries.

Whose to say that he was a traitor then? They could've easily approached him after that and proposed a deal.

Plus, he could've done that to gain trust.

HiroVoid posted: »

Ironically, despite probably being set up to be the most suspicious, the maester's pretty much the only person it couldn't be I think. Rodr

• Don't you remember her telling how she saw her family killed, and didn't want to see it again? Fucking suspicious.

• I thought Maester right away. There are also theories that it's lady forrester.

• It's obviously Lady Macbeth, I mean Lady Stark, I mean crazy Lady Forrester.

• I thought that it was Lady Forrester, pressured into it with the hostage, but someone in this thread rightfully pointed out that it wouldn't make sense to tell Whitehills about the plan to save Ryon if that were the case.

I do not believe it is Ser Royland. It would be extremely out of character for him, he's loyal and he's extremely straightforward as well, too much so to be plotting behind my back. I can see him doing that as sort of the least likable character of them all.

Duncan? It's possible. "Doing it for the House" kind of thing. He also was pro-submission, but so were Gwyn and Lady Forrester. And Talia eventually.

The boring version would be maester. We know nothing about him, he has no character. Meh. I wonder what his reasons would be, since he didn't kill Rodrick by just not healing him properly, for example, so he's not full Whitehill.

• I will just not say something to each one of them and see what the Whitehills fail to know beforehand. I didn't tell Lady Forrester about my meeting with the Whitehill girl, I won't tell something to Tuttle and won't tell something to Royland, if given the chance. And I won't tell anything to the maester because I don't really trust him much and he didn't help me at all till now (except for the medical stuff)

• these maesters know no loyalty, he could have realized the Forresters had met their end and flipflopped to get the powerful's favour again.

Lobachevsky posted: »

I thought that it was Lady Forrester, pressured into it with the hostage, but someone in this thread rightfully pointed out that it wouldn't

• Maester. Remember in EP2 when you had the option with the milk of the poppy? And he looked at your dick.

• What if the traitor is determinant? Perhaps whoever Ethan didn't pick as Sentinel is the one...

• I would say lady Forrester

• Duncan seems too at peace to be the traitor as he defends Talia, Royland has been defending and wanting to attack Whitehill from the beginning so it can't be him. Its either mummy Forrester or maester.

• Think it's lady Forrester too. Can't see it being Duncan due to the north grove plot.

• Ethan's corpse.

• Pretty sure it is Royland. Gwyn said the spy was trying to stir things up and he's been very eager to fight the Whitehills at every occasion. He could just have a fiery temper but I've suspected him since the gates magically opened to Boltons men.

I have no reason to suspect the Maester, he's been the most level headed and calm character on my side. Other than being on the council he hasn't advised me to fight once if I remember rightly.

I've suspected Lady Forrester, there might be a relationship with Whitehill we don't know about there. Also seems to be that there is an option to tell her something "secretive" quite often within the game.

Duncan, I trust Duncan solely because Gregor trusted him.

• Now that's one of the reasons I do think it's him....a way to end the Forresters permanently if they lose it. Remember ... The North grove must never be lost.

Revec posted: »

Think it's lady Forrester too. Can't see it being Duncan due to the north grove plot.

• 100% the maester

• The part where the Maester is operating his leg... that was damn suspicious. What the HELL was he doing with amputation blades? Good thing his mother came in when she did.

• The game clearly points us towards Royland or Ortengryn. Just because they don't have any real relevance to the plot yet, while Duncan has the North Grove thing and Elissa, well, she's our mother.

But i think Duncan. I figure that he has struck a deal with the Whitehills in order to get rid of the Forresters and make the Tuttles new Lords of Ironrath. I think that he might not have intended it before Gregor's death, but has just decided to take advantage of the situation, with the Forresters in disarray and the Whitehill threat.
    I think that he sent Gared to the Wall in order to keep him safe from possible harm, and to find the North Grove. What Gared doesn't know is that Duncan doesn't want the North Grove to help the Forresters, but maybe hope to use it as some kind of wage to make sure the Whitehill keep their part of the deal.

Gared is innocent though. He actually wants to help the Forresters.

• Well i doubt it is Duncan , he was Gregor's friend .He is a castelan because of him .I dobut ,he would betray him.On the funeral ,he looked sad.
    Royland i think he is loyal.They both try to do something with whitehill soldiers starve them or make them drunk.Maester ,he seems like he doesn't care about Gregor's death.In 2nd episode ,i thought he was trying to make me not to marry Elana Glenmore and at the begining of 2 nd episode he looked suspicious..
    Maester is a traitor

Endrik posted: »

The game clearly points us towards Royland or Ortengryn. Just because they don't have any real relevance to the plot yet, while Duncan has t

• I think that it gets even more obvious for every episode that this story really aren't gonna have any happy endings which is rather sad.. The only satisfaction you could actually take from this was the opportunity to kick Britt off the wall.

• I actually hope it's not Otengryn. He just seems too obvious. Duncan has his deal with Gared, and he was friends with Gregor for a long time so I can't see it being him. Royland is so militant towards Lord Whitehill that kind of assures my trust for him. Lady Forrester is the only one I can actually see why they would betray us.

• I don't know, it cannot be Duncan or Royland... It's either the maester or Lady Forrester. I told her about the traitor and she named Royland as a suspect. If she's the one that would be the lowest... I was honest with her so I think she woulda tell the truth. But the maester seems so obviously guilty it's too suspicious.

• It is always the butler in the old movies.

• I think it's lady Forrester.

I think her obsession with getting Ryon back is making her do things behind my back.

It could also be Duncan though because why would the Whitehills send someone to the Wall too? I mean I KNOW they didn't have a change of heart, and the Bolton's don't have hearts... so WHY would a Whitehill come to the wall if not to follw me around while I looked for the North grove? and WHO else knows about the north grove?

• Solely for that choice of telling her or not, I think it's the mother too, sadly :(

None of the three! I bet it's lady Forrester. She acts suspicous. Espacially If you don't tell her anything after you met the whitehill girl. But I could be wrong

• This might sound crazy, but what if Gwyn is just trying to cause issues within your walls also? There might actually not be a traitor and shes working alongside her dad. It would be an interesting twist. Also, whitehill could be making it up and shes overhearing lies. Either way, I havent trusted her yet and basically just screwed her plans up since I lost it on Gryff. However if there is a traitor, I bet its either the maestor or your mother. Remember, maestors can send ravens out with messages. And how would Kudd immediately know about all your plans? Well obviously nobody walked over to highpoint so it woulf have had to be somebody who can send a raven. Oh and the mother is really aggravating and I could see a plot twist where shes the traitor

Sign in to comment in this discussion.