Forum of Thrones: An Interactive Story

Comments

• Lucas was obviously blushing about Lunett :P

• [Insist on waiting politely] They could try to recieve a good image with these maesters. Well Lucas at least. I nearly forgot there was a option to leave Leonard behind. Imagine how much worse this trip would have been if Lucas had gone on his own.

Lucas “We should bring him to the king”, Lucas decided. He had thought about this. Harris wasn't a real option, at least not for him. The

• That would have made a very huge difference indeed. Lucas had it easier this chapter, thanks to Leonard knowing stuff about the city and it's inhabitants. On the other hand, if people would have voted to leave Leonard behind, the situation in Raylansfair would be a bit better. Jenna would have found a potential ally in Leonard and he would have been useful when dealing with Wolfius. Though his involvement in the story would have been a bit smaller in that case and Lucas storyline would have lost an interesting character.

Bounden posted: »

[Insist on waiting politely] They could try to recieve a good image with these maesters. Well Lucas at least. I nearly forgot there was a option to leave Leonard behind. Imagine how much worse this trip would have been if Lucas had gone on his own.

• [Insist on waiting politely]

I'm sorry, dear Leonard, but I do not wish to set off the Citadel on us.

Lucas “We should bring him to the king”, Lucas decided. He had thought about this. Harris wasn't a real option, at least not for him. The

• [Storm into Archmaester Quent's chambers] This was an awesome chapter!

• [storm inside archmaester Quents chambers]

• [Storm into Archmaester Quent's chambers] Damn maesters, such assholes :D

• [Storm into Archmaester Quent's chambers]

• I do enjoy watching Lucas and Leonard butt heads.

That would have made a very huge difference indeed. Lucas had it easier this chapter, thanks to Leonard knowing stuff about the city and it'

• [Storm into Archmaester Quent's chambers] The Historian will treat them like shit anyway since Lucas and Leonard are knights from Raylansfair.

alright chums let's do this...

• ( Storm into Arch Measter Quents Chambers )

You don't fuck with the maesters. They pretty much rule the world.

• edited March 2015

The Voting is closed!

Lucas and Leonard will storm into Archmaester Quent's chambers

The new part is about halfway written. I am 50% sure that I'm going to finish it today. As always, I'll try my best, especially since I really want to finish the chapter this month.

Today, I don't have a shout-out, but again something you're all going to like. You recall the amazing drawings created by @foxbrg2, right? If not, there is a link to where you can see them literally underneath the character list. Check them out, they are awesome! So far I was certain that fox is very busy with university stuff and therefore sadly unable to continue the drawings for a while. He contacted me today, explaining that he is indeed extremely busy right now and has been busy for the past weeks, but he would also like to continue drawing these sometime in the future, when he has the time again. For now, he has sent me four character drawings, who are also in the gallery now. A fifth could follow sometime in the coming weeks if he finds the time for it. For now, enjoy these four drawings:

Here we have the certainly not-slavers and saviors of Ellena, Abbas and Bakr, wearing the traditional attire of a humble Ghiscari merchant:

Alt text

Alt text

Here we got Maya's silent companion, Gregar, accompanied by his owl (gotta love that owl):

Alt text

And finally, here we have the acting lord of Raylansfair, slayer of Impalers, or as someone put it, official motherfucker, Harris Flowers:

Alt text

Anyway, I'd like to thank fox again for making these. They are absolutely amazing and I love the amount of detail in them! These four drawings can now be found in the imgur gallery too, by the way.

• I've waited for these! :D Amazing again :)

The Voting is closed! Lucas and Leonard will storm into Archmaester Quent's chambers The new part is about halfway written. I am 50% s

• I love Harris' title, it suits him very well

The Voting is closed! Lucas and Leonard will storm into Archmaester Quent's chambers The new part is about halfway written. I am 50% s

• Harris be like "Ima open this invisible door bc I'm high af"

• Damn Harris.

• Awesome!

• edited March 2015

Marak

Well... how should he put that? Noelle... she wasn't exactly dangerous, right? That stuff with the fire... a well-placed fisticuff was still more dangerous than that. She wasn't exactly dangerous, simply a little bit... “She's crazy”, Marak said. “Completely deranged. Left her common sense in Braavos, or Asshai or wherever the fuck she comes from”

Ser Darren narrowed his eyes and Marak noticed that he had forgotten an important detail. “But she's not dangerous!”, he was quick to add. “Seriously, just don't look in her fire and there's nothing to worry about” The knight still did not look convinced. “Her... fire...”, he muttered and Marak gave him a confident nod. “Absolutely! Don't look in her fire too long and there's nothing she can do”, he said.

“And she's the crazy one”, Ser Darren replied. Marak gave him a bright smile. “Exactly. She's the crazy one, while I'm the brains in our team”, he answered. Marak knew, he wasn't exactly the smartest man in the kingdom. But compared to Noelle... “She's crazy, but she is not dangerous”

Ser Darren shook his head. “Let me be the judge of that”, he said with a stern voice and was about to walk upstairs, when he paused for a moment. “One more thing, Marak” His face darkened. “I don't know what this priestess plans. But I have a bad feeling. I'm going to find out what she wants”

Marak noticed the tone in his voice. And he didn't like it. He knew that tone, it was one he often used himself, often in situations when he was close to break something. Something as tiny and fragile as Noelle's neck...

“What are you implying?”, he growled and Ser Darren narrowed his eyes. “I won't kill her, take my word for it. But I want to find out what she is up to. And I can see, you want to know it too”, he answered and Marak slightly relaxed. Yes, he wanted to find out what the priestess was up to. And as long as that knight wouldn't kill her, everything was fine, from his point. “I'm watching you, knight”, he hissed. “Don't do anything stupid. Don't kill her, don't hurt her, don't mock her rollmop”

Ser Darren let out a slight sigh. “I won't mock her rollmop, I promise”, he mumbled. “Now bring me to your priestess” Marak gave him a nod. “Follow me then. And remember, don't look into the fire” The knight just gave him a cold glare and Marak's started to smile. “Or, you know what, look into the fire if it pleases you. But don't say I did not warn you”

With these words, Marak and Ser Darren started to walk upstairs, closer to Noelle's room. Marak knew, she couldn't harm him, right? She would most likely be displeased with him bringing Ser Darren to her room. But pleasing Noelle wasn't his job. He only had to bring her to Raylansfair. And this knight looked like a good opportunity. At least if he wouldn't kill her first. But, why should he? Sure, she could be intimidating. Of course, Marak had never been intimidated by her! But he could see how cravens and easily impressed people could be afraid of her. Ser Darren seemed to be neither, so she wasn't dangerous or intimidating to him. Marak wasn't sure if that was something good or something bad.

The door to her room was closed, of course, but not unlocked. It was strangely warm as Marak approached it. She wouldn't start a fire in there, right? She wouldn't be that... oh, yes, crazy... “Okay, I will make an introduction. Stay calm”, he said and Ser Darren gave him a short nod. The knight was wearing chainmail and Marak was sure that he must be uncomfortable right now. He opened the door and cleared his throat.

“Noelle, I want you to meet...”, he started but stopped as he saw her. She was standing behind her brazier and, of course, she had been crazy enough to light it. The heat inside of the room was breathtaking, but the way Noelle looked at him was chilling. But the thing that really worried him were the flames. Instead of the slightly orange red he was used to, these flames appeared to be green. The room was bizarrely illuminated, Noelle's slim figure throwing a grotesque, almost dancing shadow on the wall.

“Ser Darren Tallwood”, Noelle mumbled and looked up, directly through Marak. He didn't even need to turn around to notice that Ser Darren slightly shivered as she looked at him. The green flames managed to highlight the green of her eyes, they appeared almost glowing, while her red hair and the red dress appeared almost black. “The fire told me” Her voice wasn't warm and soothing, but cold, burning cold. “And I am not pleased, Marak

Marak let out a gulp. Tricks. Shadows on the wall, strangely coloured flames. Illusionists in the Free Cities used tricks like these, Marak had seen them. Wildfire was green, surely there had to be a method to make normal fire appear green too without burning the whole tavern down.

Ser Darren stepped into the room, looking visibly uncomfortable. “Good evening, Ser Darren”, Noelle said and her voice sounded warm again. “My name is Noelle of Braavos, a servant of R'hllor, the Lord of Light and one true god”

Ser Darren made a polite bow. “Ser Darren Tallwood, knight in service of House Raylan”, he introduced himself and Noelle gave him a knowing smile. “You want to know why I am interested in House Raylan”, she stated. He nodded. “Your interest is not hard to see, priestess. I just want to know why”

Her smile got a bit wider and she took a step closer. Ser Darren immediately put his hand on his sword. “Close enough”, he growled and Noelle's smile vanished. “Of course”, she answered. “I just wanted to make this easier. Look into the fire and you will see your answers”

Ser Darren seemed to be slightly reluctant, and to Marak's horror, he noticed that he was about to look into the fire himself. “Don't look into the fire, Marak!”, Noelle ordered. Ser Darren looked into the fire, but only for a moment. Marak noticed that the knight gave Noelle a furious look, before kicking against the brazier, causing it to fall over. For a moment, Marak jumped back, certain that the whole room was about to explode. To his surprise, nothing happened. The strange green fire still burned, part of it inside of the brazier, part of it on the floor, though it was dying quickly, not even leaving a burn mark behind.

“I don't care for your games, priestess. I want to learn the truth and you will tell me without trying to bewitch me!”, Ser Darren growled. He slightly drew his sword and Marak regretted that he left his axe in his room. Still, he clenched his fists, ready to take on this knight with his bare fists, if necessary. By the Drowned God, why would he do that? That was suicide and that weren't his thoughts for sure! Was she bewitching him right now?

“Nobody is trying to bewitch you”, Noelle said and Marak was unsure if she was speaking to Ser Darren or to him. “The fire will only help me explaining it to you” She took a step closer and finally put a hand on Ser Darren's shoulder. “Do you think I could bewitch you?”, she asked.

”Yes”, Marak thought, but stayed silent. He was almost certain she had heard him anyway. Ser Darren shook his head. “There is no magic left in this world, priestess. Show me your tricks, your illusions, but don't count on me being impressed”, he growled. Noelle's smile turned to a smirk as she reached into her sleeve, pulling her closed fist out and throwing whatever she held in it right onto the ground. Green flames started to burn again and Marak jumped a step backwards. “Please, Ser Darren. Look into the fire and see the light. There is nothing to fear. R'hllor is not fear. Fear is for the Great Other, fear is for the night, but not for the fire”

This time, Ser Darren looked into the fire. Marak fought against the urge to do the same. He even had to look away, though that turned out to be a bad idea. The shadows of Noelle, Ser Darren and even his own shadow, they were dancing and twirling, trying to lure him to look into the fire.

“You see it now?”, Noelle asked and the flames started to burn down. Marak turned around and saw Ser Darren pale as a corpse. He knew that expression. He saw himself in a mirror after he looked into the fire. Poor bastard...

“What... was this?”, Ser Darren asked. “Is this the future?” Noelle shook her head. “It is one future. The Red God shows several different outcomes. It is up to us to make his future happen”, she explained. “Raylansfair... it... it was...”, Ser Darren stuttered, his eyes widened. Noelle gave him a calm smile. “Yes. Burned to the ground. Green fire, Ser Darren. You've seen it”

Ser Darren did not answer immediately. Marak was about to clear his throat to end the awkward pause, as the knight continued. “How can I help, priestess?”, he asked and Marak closed his eyes. A mad woman who managed to convince everyone that she was more than just a delusional illusionist. “I need to talk to the acting lord of Raylansfair”, Noelle explained and Ser Darren answered. “We will travel to Raylansfair. Together. I will introduce you to the acting lord. It should be Ser Harris. He is a stern man, but he will listen to you”, he answered.

Noelle slightly touched his cheek. “You've seen him, right? The darkest shadow, the silver sun?”, she asked. Ser Darren gave her a confused nod. “I did... Who was this shadow, darker than the night, with flames brighter than the sun? Who was this silver lord?”

This time, Noelle's smile seemed to be genuine, breathtaking and bright. “He is Raylansfair's salvation, the Chosen One of the Red God. And it's not 'lord', Ser Darren”, she said and moved her mouth closer to the knights ear. Still, Marak was able to hear every word and what he heard gave him shivers. It was a single, simple word, four powerful letters, a word that had little meaning to him before. But right now, in this moment, the way Noelle said it, this word meant everything for him.

“King”, she spoke.

No Choices for this part

Torvin

“Let me go, or I will break his neck!”, the prisoner shouted again. Holt shrugged, while Gabin gave Torvin a frightened look. Harlan was gurgling, clearly having problems to breath with the chain around his neck. “D... do... something”, he managed to utter. Holt looked at Harlan, a small smirk on his face. “And that is why you should listen to me, my prince”, he said with glee, while Harlan gave him a glare, half fearful, half madly in anger.

Garthon would have talked. Garthon would have charmed the prisoner, convinced him that he would be released. Garthon had no problems with lying. But the only thing Torvin was good at was killing. Of course, it was a risk. It would have been a dangerous throw even without the possibility of killing Harren Hoare's thirdborn son. Torvin remembered the people in this dungeon, deprived of their humanity, everything taken away from them. He did not want to end like that. But not doing anything could be even worse for him. As silent as possible, he pulled out his knife. He had only one try.

“I will say it one more time: Let me go!”, the prisoner screamed, looking furiously at Holt. Torvin took this opportunity to raise his knife. It wasn't a throwing knife, but luckily it wasn't a skinner's knife either. It was a butcher's knife, befitting for the butcher who ruled over this dungeon. Torvin saw Harlan's eyes widen as the prince realized what he was about to do. And he threw the knife.

A gurgling sound was the first thing he heard, followed by a shocked gasp. The prisoner gave Torvin a horrified look and tried to say something. Instead of words, a gust of blood came out of his mouth. He looked down to the knife in his throat and went to his knees, pulling Harlan with him. The prince took this opportunity to escape from the dying man's grip, a furious gaze in his eyes. Looking at the prisoner, he ripped the knife from the man's throat and started stabbing him, in the face, in the chest, in the neck, over and over.

“I! Am! Your! Fucking! Prince!”, Harlan screamed, still stabbing the corpse, finally embedding the knife deeply into the fragments of the man's skull. He stood up, his arms, chest and face splattered with blood and he gave Torvin a smile, looking half like a madman and half like a monster. The look in his eyes was oddly aroused and as he came closer he looked at his trembling hands, his smile getting wider. “You almost killed me...”, he mumbled.

With these words he pulled Torvin into a brotherly hug. “You mad bastard almost killed me!” He started to laugh, a shrill, excited laugh “I can't believe you did that! You crazy son of a bitch, you almost killed me!” He let go of Torvin, still giggling like the madman he was. “This.... this was the best thing ever!”, he uttered, looking at Gabin. “Have you seen that, Gab? Have you seen how he just threw that fucking knife? I have felt it almost slicing my ear. I could feel his blood running down my neck, I felt his dying breath...” Gabin managed to gave Harlan a bright smile. “I told you he is good, my prince”, he said, giving Torvin an impressed stare.

Harlan looked at Torvin again. “Yes...”, he mumbled. “Yes, but I had no idea HOW good he is! Breaker, my friend, my brother! In all my life I have never met such a sick bastard. Throwing a knife at the man who could be your king one day! Harmund would have cut your fucking balls off! But I am different” His gaze hardened and he looked at Holt. “I am never ungrateful. Just as I don't forget anything” With these last words, his voice got deeper, a bit more growling. And without warning, he kicked Holt against the leg, the left leg. The torturer let out a surprised scream of agony and fell down. Torvin finally noticed the reason behind the man's limping. His left foot was missing, a crude iron prosthesis in it's place.

“You would have left me to die, right? I saw it in your eyes”, the prince growled, stomping on Holt's head. “I would kill you for that, or even better, I would cut off your other foot and your hands as well and feed them to you. But I am not in the mood. You are probably the most lucky son of a fishfucking bitch I have ever seen”

With these words, he left the bleeding torture on the ground and gave Torvin a handwave. “Now, Breaker! That was enough for me. I'll leave these fuckers to Holt. Drowned God, I don't want to hurt something. I want to fuck something and then I want to kill something and maybe fuck it again!”, he exclaimed. “And I know just exactly where I can do that! Follow me! You will be rewarded. You will be rewarded like the highest of lords, like the proudest of captains. You will be rewarded as if you were my brother, just for one day!”

Torvin gave Gabin a curious look and Gabin answered with a slight nod. Fucking Hoares... Torvin hated the expression in Harlan's eyes. That was real gratitude, but it was the gratitude of a Hoare. Nothing good would ever come from that. Nothing good, except maybe the opportunity to kill them all. But whatever Harlan had in mind, Torvin was sure he was going to hate it.

Leaving Holt behind, the three men started to walk back to the surface. Harlan was still shivering, his smile as bright as ever. A bit of blood was visible on his teeth and Torvin noticed him licking his lips. “That was... incredible. I could have died today...”, the prince said with a disturbing pleasure in his eyes. Torvin gulped. Maybe he should have left that man to die. Harren Hoares second best son...

As they entered Harrenhals courtyard again, Torvin noticed that the sun was about to set. They had been longer down there than he had imagined. Nobody was on the courtyard and it was silent, deadly silent. Torvin remembered an old raider's tale, about a raid on some southern island The whole island was covered in a lush forest and the noise inside of this forest was overwhelming, the noise of birds and bugs and smaller creatures. But the raider mentioned one time when the whole forest went silent. When the whole forest was sensing a predator nearby. And right now, Harrenhals courtyard was like this forest. The silence was unnatural. And the predator stepped out of the shadows, walking closer towards Torvin.

No introduction was needed for Torvin to make a genuflection. Gabin did the same as they both bowed their heads in respect and complete fear. The man was tall, taller than Harlan and taller than his father. He was wearing light armour, the sigil of House Hoare on his chest. His hair was black like his heart and he had a long beard falling down onto his chest. And his eyes... there were different shades of black. This man's eyes were even darker than his brothers, but Torvin also saw a lot of white in them, the pupils being smaller than he expected. Somehow, it managed to make his stare even worse. And the smile he had on his face was the embodiment of cruelty.

“Hello, brother”, Harmund Hoare said. “Have you been playing in the dungeons again? Spoiling the meat?” Torvin saw the look in Harlan's eyes. He knew that look, he had seen it before. His salt wives had a look like that when they tried to be brave.

Harlan managed to smile at his older brother. “It's good to see you, Harmund. How was your journey?” Harmund Hoare let out a short growl. “Boring. The fishgirls have been terrible. Had no spirit. They broke too quick” With these words, he looked at Torvin. “What are you?”, he hissed. Torvin managed to make a respectful bow again. “Torvin Breaker, captain of the Behemoth”, he introduced himself and Harmund spat out. “One of my father's captains, huh?”

“He saved my life today, brother”, Harlan said and gave Torvin a proud look. “He should accompany us. I want to give him all the girls you don't want. I can promise you, you have never met such a sick bastard in all your life”

Harmund gave him a glare and Harlan's smile vanished. “I have met you, brother. That's enough of a sick bastard for a whole lifetime” He looked at Torvin again. “Torvin Breaker... I know that name. They say you are not a man, but a little girl, too weak to be Ironborn”

Torvin wanted to say something, or even better, he wanted to kill that man. But he only gave him a nod. “Who says that, my prince?”, he asked. Harmund took a step closer. “I say that! You want to prove that you are a man? Me, my brother and a few good friends will go through the Riverlands tonight. We will find us some fish to fuck and to kill, to celebrate my arrival in Harrenhal. You want to accompany us?”

No, he didn't. He wanted nothing to do with this beast, this beast that managed to scare Harlan Hoare. He was Harren's worst son by far, his father's spitting image, a mixture of violence, cruelty and cunning. Before he could answer, Harmund interrupted him. “Of course, if you are the little cunt I think you are... Greyjoy has called for his captains, about an hour ago. All of them. Apparently he wants to make some plans for the next step of the Rock invasion”

This took Torvin by surprise. “The Lord Captain?”, he exclaimed. “I didn't knew he was here...” Harmund looked up to one of the five towers. “He arrived with me. If you are rather his bitch than a true man, you are free to attend his meeting of captains. I won't stop you”, the prince growled. Torvin let out a sigh of relief. Damon Greyjoy, the Lord Captain of the Iron Fleet wasn't as bad as Harmund Hoare. He was a polite man, he could even be charming. And if he called, it was Torvin's duty to follow. But the look Harlan gave him... the man practically begged Torvin with his eyes to go with them into the Riverlands, to rape and murder like they want to. It was the look of a man who didn't want to be alone with a monster... Could he leave him alone now, so close to win his friendship?

[Go with Harmund and Harlan into the Riverlands] [Make an excuse and meet up with the Lord Captain]

• [Make an excuse and meet up with the Lord Captain]

Let them rape by themselves.

Marak Well... how should he put that? Noelle... she wasn't exactly dangerous, right? That stuff with the fire... a well-placed fisticuff

• {Go with them to the riverlands}

Marak Well... how should he put that? Noelle... she wasn't exactly dangerous, right? That stuff with the fire... a well-placed fisticuff

• Noelle slightly touched his cheek. “You've seen him, right? The darkest shadow, the silver sun?”, she asked. Ser Darren gave her a confused nod. “I did... Who was this shadow, darker than the night, with flames brighter than the sun? Who was this silver lord?”

This time, Noelle's smile seemed to be genuine, breathtaking and bright. “He is Raylansfair's salvation, the Chosen One of the Red God. And it's not 'lord', Ser Darren”, she said and moved her mouth closer to the knights ear. Still, Marak was able to hear every word and what he heard gave him shivers. It was a single, simple word, four powerful letters, a word that had little meaning to him before. But right now, in this moment, the way Noelle said it, this word meant everything for him.

“King”, she spoke.

AEGON IS COMING, BITCHES!

btw, [make an excuse and meet up with the Lord Captain]

• [Go with Harmund and Harlan into the Riverlands]

• Aaah... Hard one, I guess [Make an excuse and meet up with the Lord Captain]

• [go with harmund and harlan inte the riverlands]

• edited March 2015

[Go with Harmund and Harlan into the Riverlands]

I REALLY don´t wanna do y , but he have to be "friends" with Hoare´s to later kill them

Awesome Chapter!!!

• edited March 2015

[Make an excuse and meet up with the Lord Captain]

Loved the foreshadowing of Aegon's Landing by the way.

• [Make and excuse and meet up with the Lord Captain]

• [Go with them to the riverlands]

Great chapter!

• edited March 2015

• [Make an excuse and meet up with the Lord Captain]

• edited March 2015

Sign in to comment in this discussion.