Game of thrones (TV show) season 5 episode 1 discussion

edited April 2015 in Game Of Thrones

Okay since its out now

• I guess leaked stuff should not be mentioned
  • If you want to post book stuff just add a spoiler tag

• It was a good opening eisode, perhaps a little slow but a good opening as we got to see everyone bar the Boltons,Greyjoys and Arya

• Anyway I liked the opening a lot, I'm curious to see how people who dont like cersei found it as it at least explains a lot of her actions

• Kings landing seemed a lot of "Remember him?" with Loras, Kevan and Lancel (who was funny to see in his new garb)

• Sansa and Brienne both seemed a bit pointless though I am interested where both stories are going

• Having tyrion and varys together is a cool addition and I like it, simaler to gendry condensing two character seems like the better move here

• Dany wasnt that bad andat least they are not showing her as some ultimate perfect ruler i can like her a bit more

• The wall finale was decent enough

Comments

• Wait, what? How?

• edited April 2015

I was NOT expecting those aliens though. They're really deviating from the book in a way that I find interesting.

EDIT: I'm sorry. I watched it now lol. Decent intro to show whats happened and where we are now. Glad to see Dany is showing some vulnerability though. :)

• How the fuck have you seen it? :D You got the screeners back when they sent them? Or wut?

• edited April 2015

The first 4 episodes have leaked online. I couldnt resist, about to watch E02. The 4 week wait for E05 will be painful

How the fuck have you seen it? You got the screeners back when they sent them? Or wut?

• Ah, I think I'll just wait and watch them when they air. Mainly because if I watch them now, I'll have a desperate wait for ep. 5 :D

tmsmyth4 posted: »

The first 4 episodes have leaked online. I couldnt resist, about to watch E02. The 4 week wait for E05 will be painful

• Lol yeah i was thinking that for about about 5 mins but caved in very quickly. I enjoy the speculation between episodes which ive ruined for myself, but ive convinced myself that most of reddit will probably watch the leaked episodes anyway and just end up spoiling shit

Ah, I think I'll just wait and watch them when they air. Mainly because if I watch them now, I'll have a desperate wait for ep. 5

• Well how'd you rate from 1-10 (without spoiling ofc :D) the first episodes of the season? :)

Lol yeah i was thinking that for about about 5 mins but caved in very quickly. I enjoy the speculation between episodes which ive ruined for

• edited April 2015

Wait... what? Its not out yet?...... then how did I...... okay I'll delete everything till later, sorry i dont think I posted anythng that spoilery

• I've only watched E01 so far, trying not to power through them too quickly. I preferred last years season opener with that glorious Arya/Hound scene, but this was a solid 7/10! Really excited for the Wall storyline this season, that should really get going in E02

Well how'd you rate from 1-10 (without spoiling ofc ) the first episodes of the season?

• Can a mod delete this? I thought it was tommorow.

• I don't think there is reason to delete it, the episode is out soon enough and it's good we'll have a thread to chat about it then. And in the mean time, we who haven't seen it yet, can of course hype that the wait is almost over :D

• Sounds good! :)

I've only watched E01 so far, trying not to power through them too quickly. I preferred last years season opener with that glorious Arya/Hou

• So since you've seen it what's your rating 1-10? :)

Wait... what? Its not out yet?...... then how did I...... okay I'll delete everything till later, sorry i dont think I posted anythng that spoilery

• I just finished watching it. Not as off track from the books as I initially thought, but that's likely to change throughout the other episodes.

• edited April 2015

Nevermind

I just finished watching it. Not as off track from the books as I initially thought, but that's likely to change throughout the other episodes.

• Always nice to see people pirating and doing illegal stuff. :3 (sarcasm)

• So Daenerys got unicorns instead of dragons. How does everyone feel about this?

• Four episodes, you say?

Why, I feel like drinking some rum right now.

• I had to applaud Mance Rayder at the end....not giving into Stannis. But that could be because I hate Stannis (well, more Melisandre than Stannis, but he enables her!)

• I felt sad for him, Mance was a nice guy :(

• Yeah. Was really glad that Jon Snow ended it for him.

TheCatWolf posted: »

I felt sad for him, Mance was a nice guy

• They didn’t have time to change much from the books, yet. But at the Night’s Watch there was already a big change given in a very small line.

I just finished watching it. Not as off track from the books as I initially thought, but that's likely to change throughout the other episodes.

• Am I the only who feels Loras' new lover kinda looks like Cotter?

• Kind of a slow episode, but I get why. I'd give it a 9/10. Tyrion and Varys are awesome :)

• It was the first episode of GoT that I didn't like. The only thing I cared about was everything at the wall. Even the Tyrion/Varys scene fell short for me, and I love both those characters.

• I wonder what payback is waiting Jon Snow for killing Mance. I did find it weird that Stannis brought up something of condolences for Robb to Jon even though he wanted Robb to fail. The episode was okay for me but it felt different then the other seasons.

JazzyTheMan posted: »

Yeah. Was really glad that Jon Snow ended it for him.

• Is he new? Is not he a Cersei spy from a previous season?

Pride posted: »

Am I the only who feels Loras' new lover kinda looks like Cotter?

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator

I guess leaked stuff should be mentioned

I would like to ask everyone not to discuss any leaked spoilers until the episode has aired and not to post any links to the episodes.

The leaked episodes are considered piracy and the Forum Guidelines ask everyone not to discuss it.

2.4 Advocating software piracy on this forum, posting links to download sites or naming these sites for reference, admitting to piracy or threats/insinuations/announcements of such actions will all lead to an immediate ban. Community members are discouraged from discussing piracy even if they respond with counter-arguments to a piracy-advocating member.

• When it cut to the first scene at the Wall, I thought I was playing the game. The artists did a great job there.

• Awesome episode. I felt for Mance, he wasn't going to kneel to anyone and it was merciful of Jon to kill him before the flames got him. I'm glad Tyrion is safe, but, he is in exile now, along with Varys.

I cant wait for more next week.

• edited April 2015

Oh I really thought I typed should not be mentioned iguess it deleted it rather than make it bold

On the other hand could you remove that spoiler tag at the top since the episode is out

OzzyUK posted: »

I guess leaked stuff should be mentioned I would like to ask everyone not to discuss any leaked spoilers until the episode has aired

• Just watched it and it was a decent episode.

Pretty much what first episodes often are like, not that much happened, but clearly building up the storylines of the season. The Wall was really the best part of the episode (gonna be awesome season up there) and I really liked how the burning scene was made - how they showed everyone's reaction. And of course Jon made quite a boss move with killing Mance. I actually don't believe Mannis is mad about that, probably even respects the bastard more now, but we'll see. King's Landing is going to be all Cersei this year and I think that's going to be pretty neat :D Nice start with Tyrion and Varys too, but there was not much yet. Though I loved Tyrion's line "Can I drink myself to death on the road to Meereen?" :DD

I'd rate it 7.5/10

• Tyrion is safe? I lol my ass off. Even Bookreaders don't know if he is safe at least. But he has to stay alive through a lot of adventures to come to finally come to this point.

• Daenerys is so...

Alt text

• He's the whore that Oberyn and Ellaria fucked

pcharl01 posted: »

Is he new? Is not he a Cersei spy from a previous season?

• Ouch :'D I think Meereen parts were actually quite promising, better than last season.

Daenerys is so...

• Better maybe, but that honestly doesn't mean that much.

Ouch :'D I think Meereen parts were actually quite promising, better than last season.

• Well if you were waiting for "oh shit -moments" maybe not but I think the episode did a great job at building up the situation at Meereen. I mean it made clear there is more than sitting&chatting at the pyramid to come this year.

Better maybe, but that honestly doesn't mean that much.

• The flashback scene was really out of place. Please don't do that again, Game of Thrones.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.