Official Rhysha Thread (Episode 5 Spoilers)

Comments

• Yeah okay you got me there.

GrumpyDof posted: »

Feel old? i'm 24 son.

• 17, 18 in August.

I really want to know : http://strawpoll.me/4124861. With the results, i'll have a better idea about our group and the things we could try to do.

• I'll be 15 in a few weeks. Less than a month.

I really want to know : http://strawpoll.me/4124861. With the results, i'll have a better idea about our group and the things we could try to do.

• I'm currently 16.

Alright 8 people so far. Who's the other ancient here?

• Alt text

Athena shipping Rhysha CONFIRMED.

That lovely poster was made by @Leluch123.

• Same.

LoseMyHome posted: »

I'm 21. I feel old.

• 23 looks like we can safely take the seat of eldes here Grumpy

Feel old? i'm 24 son.

• 17 here too.

17, 18 in August.

• edited April 2015

Rhys chuckled as he watched Sasha sleep. While she would never admit it, she snored like a skagg, making it impossible for him to sleep.

He loved her anyway. He loved the way her hair fell over her face. He loved her lazy eyes, just when she waking up. He loved everything about her. She was perfect.

He sighed contentedly as he let his mind wander to that day.

"Okay, there's only two." Sasha whispered. "I'll get the one on the left, and you get the one on the right. Think you can handle it, Hyperion?"

"You're kidding right? No sweat. I was more worried about you, you...Pandoran." Rhys teased. "If you need help, don't be afraid to let me know."

"Whatever you say." Sasha rolled her eyes. "Try not to make too much noise."

They jumped down. Rhys inched carefully behind his target, and paused to watch Sasha. She expertly latched herself onto the unsuspecting guard, silenty choking him, putting him down.

Rhys put his hand up in a "meh." motion, shaking his head, mouthing "nah," knowing it would irk her.

Sasha rolled her eyes again. She loved doing that. She tapped her wrist, mouthing "hurry up."

Oh, she was NOT doing that to him. That was it. This guy was going to get it BAD.

Rhys jumped and twisted the guy's neck with all his might. Oh yeah, he was going down. He could feel the guy's neck tightening under his iron grip. It would only be a matter of time before...

A strange high pitched sound was coming out of the guard. He was giggling! "Who is that?" The guy said between his giggles. "Eric? Is that you, Eric?"

"That's it!" Rhys yelled. "This is your doom!" He tightened his grip again, wrapping his legs around the guy like Sasha did. Why wasn't he dead?

The guy only continued giggling. "That tickles! Stop it, no seriously stop!"

Sasha chose that moment to add her two cents. "Hey, Rhys! If you need help, don't be afraid to let me know!" She teased, echoing his words that he said five seconds before.

"I...would...really...appreciate it!" He grunted, struggling to even hold on to the guy. God, he was tired.

"Oh no, by all means. Keep going, man. What a trooper." The guard ridiculed him.

"RAAAGGHHGH!!! "Rhys screamed, channeling all his strength.

Eventually, he became dimly aware of Sasha saying his name. "Rhys, you can stop now."

The guard wasn't moving anymore. Rhys saw Sasha holding her gun, smoking as if it had been fired. And it had. "Ugh!" He shivered. He was holding a dead guy!

"You're welcome." She winked.

"I had it." Rhys said, still trying to retain whatever dignity he had left. "Why'd you do that for?"

"Oh, yeah, I know you did. Don't worry, I won't tell anyone." Sasha winked.

"Rhys! Are you day-dreaming again?" Her sleepy murmur brought him out of his head. She was up. Her eyes weren't quite fully awake, and her hair was a mess. This was how he loved her. She didn't need to look pretty for him. She just was.

"Yup, you know I can't resist thinking of my heroic achievements of the past." He teased. "And your snoring woke me up." He added.

"Oh, please, you know I don't snore." She sat up. "What'd you do today?"

"I was thinking of when we had to take out those two guards, you remember that?

She scoffed. "Oh right, now you're going to tell me how you took out both guards yourself, while I, the damsel in distress waited to be saved. Right, Rhys, that's not quite how I remember it, you see..."

Uh oh. Better stop her. Once Sasha started ranting, she took off. "I was going to say." He began, putting his finger on her lips, where she stopped. "How you saved my ass, like you have a thousand times over, since."

"Oh." Sasha was speechless. She smiled. "That's right, you better remember it, Hyperion."

Rhys leaned in to kiss her.

"Always."

• Very very nice great work ;)

torkahn808 posted: »

Rhys chuckled as he watched Sasha sleep. While she would never admit it, she snored like a skagg, making it impossible for him to sleep.

• InGen_Nate_KennyInGen_Nate_Kenny Moderator
    edited April 2015

Alt text

Our friend @Leluch123 created this image.

They correctly showed Rhysha as the victor, because David is Rhysha and Goliath us Rhyiona.

• edited April 2015

@Leluch123 posted that though.

Our friend @Leluch123 created this image. They correctly showed Rhysha as the victor, because David is Rhysha and Goliath us Rhyiona.

• Pipas posted: »

@Leluch123 posted that though.

• Oh well, still a nice picture. :P

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJxCdh1Ps48

• edited April 2015

So I'll give this fic a shot, it’s going to be relatively short and have probably 2 parts. I’m just mixing up the events in Episode 2 .

Alt text

The Switch Part 1 - Invested

Sasha, hard pressed against the incredible force of the caravan's boost, desperately reached her hand out for the wheel. She could hear her friends tumbling behind her, scrambling for a foothold. With Rhys out of the driver's seat, someone had to take control.

Finally her fingers wrapped around the worn wheel, and she firmly planted herself in the seat. "I got it!" She yelled out, glancing behind her shoulder.

Only Rhys remained in the caravan, clutching to a vent in one hand and Fiona's hat in the other.

She panicked, her heart dropping in her chest. "Where's Fiona?!"

"She fell out with Vaughn!" Rhys shared in her concern, gazing into the expanse of desert where they had met a not-so-soft landing. "We have to go back!"

"We can't." Sasha sighed, struggling to turn the wheel. "The caravan can't handle it. The boost is just now wearing off. We're better off if we go to Hollow Point, we can repair it and go back then."

The man stirred uncomfortably in his atrocious skag-skin shoes.

"I promise. We'll be quick," she tried to assure him. "My sister's out there too."

He simply nodded, taking cautious steps forward. He put his hand on the back of her seat, leaning towards her. "You think he'll be okay?"

Sasha returned the nod. "Not sure, but Fiona can handle herself. Good thing he's with her." Rhys couldn't really argue.

The caravan limped through the long tunnel leading deeper into the dark damp cave. It was strange, taking this man, this Hyperion, into her home, but she didn't have much of a choice at this point. She noticed the Catch-A-Ride sign, pulling her vehicle alongside it.

"We don't have a lot money to work with. Think you can handle this?" She asked him. Rhys gave a nervous smile.

"Sure, I'm the closer, right?"

"Riiiight... just don't beg like you did with August, alright?" His smile quickly faded as she continued. "Oh, and you might want to take off your vest. It's like a walking Hyperion advertisement, and people around here aren't especially fond of your evil corporation."

"Fine," he answered begrudgingly. She watched as he peeled back the vest and pulled it off over his robotic arm. Was she... blushing? She quickly turned away, pressing her hand against her warming cheeks.

"Okay, wish me luck" he said as he coolly pushed the door back, only to have the door fall off its hinges and hit the ground below. "I meant to do that."

"Suuuure."

Rhys stepped out, searching through the seemingly empty mechanic's building. A Bossanova fan poster caught his eye. "Pandorans are crazy," he muttered to himself, crossing his arms across his chest.

A voice suddenly snapped him out of his thoughts, as he turned to a man approaching him with a clipboard. "Aw, hey man, welcome to Scooter's Catch-A-Ride! What can we do for you today!" He turned as if to pose for some non-existent audience. Rhys looked around awkwardly.

"Sorry if I seem a little distracted, got all these numbers and stuff to sort out with the new proprietor and aw it's a lot. What’cha here for, man?"

Rhys flashed a smile, a habit, turning on his cool Hyperion charm to strike his deal. "I was just, you know, wondering if you could fix my ride."

The mechanic turned to the caravan, his face fallen. "That thing is beat to hell and back man. It's gonna run you 'bout $2500.”

“$2500? That’s, uh, a little out of my – “

"Wait, I recognize this rig! I saw it win the races! Don't remember you in it though."

"I’m... holding it for a friend."

"Sounds like fancy talk for ‘stole it.’" The man's eyes narrowed, looking him over suspiciously. "Where exactly you from man?"

"I, uh..." Rhys was losing his cool. He had to find a new strategy, and fast. "Hey, Sasha! Could you come out here?!"

On cue, Sasha emerged from the caravan and entered the garage. The light behind her shone bright, creating a halo contouring her shape. Both he and the mechanic stared at her with wide eyes and gaping mouths.

"Scooter, is there really nothing you can do for us? I wouldn’t want to return my sister’s caravan to her in this shape." She asked sweetly, innocently. A tone Rhys became jealous of.

Scooter rubbed his hand behind his head, shaking off his awe. "Aw, so it’s hers huh? I didn't say that man, I'll just go get the paperwork going." He nervously left them standing alone.

“Thought you said you could handle it?” Her voice returned to her regular teasing tone as she folded her arms across her chest unhappily. “I hate doing that.”

Rhys cleared his throat. “Sorry, I panicked.”

“Yeah, you made that pretty clear.”

They decided to customize the van, fighting over options, when they noticed two intimidating men appeared by the garage door. Scooter stepped in front of them. “Aww crap. This doesn’t look good.”

Rhys and Sasha hid behind boxes piling up in the garage, watching as the mechanic met the two strangers. They pulled out a wanted sign of Fiona.

“Oh no…” Sasha whispered. “Rhys, get ready to run.”

“But we’re not Fiona.” Rhys reminded. “What’d they want with us?”

“I’m her sister, and I was part of the con. They probably want me too. Even just to get information from me.”

Suddenly, they witnessed the men beat Scooter down and walk away, leaving him on the cold ground. Sasha left her hiding spot once the coast was clear.

“Hope you weren’t too scared.” Scooter said shakily as he got up. “I recognized that was your sister from the races, she owns the van right?”

Sasha’s worry betrayed her face. “Thanks for getting rid of them.”

“Hey man no problem, not gonna turn in a nice-seeming lady. You and your boyfriend might want to have a place to lay low in case they give you anymore trouble.”

Rhys and Sasha looked at each other, words stumbling out of their mouths at the same time. “I’m uh, not… we’re not… you know…”

“H-he’s not my boyfriend.” Sasha finally corrected. “But we’ll find a place.”

“Where?” Rhys asked.

Sasha shook her head. Another place she never thought she’d take a Hyperion stranger. But as she looked up at Rhys, vest-less, he wasn’t the typical Hyperion lackey. She remembered the pinky-promise for the stun baton, his refusal to sell out his friend for some company deal back at the race. Maybe there was more to him after all. “Felix’s. Come on.”

• Alt text

So I'll give this fic a shot, it’s going to be relatively short and have probably 2 parts. I’m just mixing up the events in Episode 2 .

• edited April 2015

Haha, thanks!

Alt text

• Alt text

• edited April 2015

I lied. There's going to be three parts.

Alt text

The Switch Part 2 - Past and Present

“I don’t like this,” Sasha muttered, eyeing the suspicious figures hanging around the alleyways. Rhys kept close behind her.

“Me neither.”

A beeping suddenly emitted from his hand, causing Sasha to jump. “What was that?”

“Don’t worry. It’s a friend.” He opened his palm to reveal a pissed-off Yvette on his phone.

“What are you doing, Rhys? I’ve called you several times now but you never picked up. I thought you were dead.”

Sasha recognized the voice from the last time he called Hyperion for help, back when she tried to push him out of the caravan. What a difference a day made.

“Sorry, we were taking care of something. Why didn’t you warn us about the moonshots?”

“Trust me, I tried. I did. But I can’t keep Vasquez from coming after you.”

“Alright. Well, Vaughn and I were separated, he’s somewhere in the middle of the desert. Can you send Loader Bot for him?”

“I’m not picking up a signal yet. Just stay safe for now, I’ll send what I can.” Rhys closed his hand, hanging up the call.

“Coool.”

“Is that your other Hyperion friend?”

“Yeah, Yvette. She’s in charge of getting us all this stuff, but I’m not sure how much longer she can keep it up.”

They walked together in silence. Rhys almost assumed it was night, the way the cave blocked out the sun. He wrapped his arms around himself, feeling much colder now without his vest. How anyone could stand to live here, he couldn’t imagine. Eventually, Sasha stopped him by a door.

“Okay, this is it. Be ready.”

Before he could respond she barged in, raising her gun at the sight of rummaged items strewn across the floor. “Careful, looks like someone’s been here. Could have been Felix.”

Rhys lightly stepped around the loose papers, looking around at the old dingy room. It was no Helios, that’s for sure.

“He probably left something here, for Fiona and me,” she said dryly. Sasha moved past Rhys, pulling back a panel from the wall. A large safe stood in its place. She rested her hand on the screen, and it turned green at her touch.

“Not much in there,” Rhys mentioned, watching as Sasha inspected a homemade grenade and a blacklight, the lone pieces left in the safe.

“Maybe. Felix always treated us like children. I wouldn’t be surprised if he made a game out of this.” She clicked on the black light’s button, her face illuminated by its purple glow.

Rhys turned his head to face a paint can sitting on a table, questionably lacking evidence of paint. He activated his ECHO eye.

“Hey, Sasha, this paint is ultra-violet. That mean anything to you?” He asked.

Sasha looked at the can herself, showering it with the purple light. Splotches of light decorated the tin and the wooden floor around it.

“I was right. This is all a stupid game.” She shoved the light into Rhys’ hands. “You look around. I’ll cover the door.”

Rhys stared after her. “You okay?”

“I’m fine,” she harshly answered, moving her face away and pretending to check the view to the outside. “I just wish Fiona was here.”

He couldn’t fault her for that. As amazing as having his company must have been, he couldn’t replace a sister. “Well, I guess I’ll try to find whatever it is I’m supposed to be searching for.”

She managed a meager smile. “Just don’t get too nosy when you’re looking around, okay?”

He nodded, and proceeded to wave the light around. He noticed a few photos lying about in his search. One was of Fiona and Sasha as children, which he couldn’t help but chuckle at the sight of. The other was of a younger Felix and another woman.

“Who’s this?” Rhys asked, pointing at the photo. Sasha shook her head.

“Dunno.”

He shrugged it off, finally resting the light on an old worn chair. A bright “HOT” illuminated on its back, with arrows on the ground pointing beneath it.

“I think I found it,” he announced, pulling the chair back. Indeed, an off-color panel of wood lay inconspicuously among the rest of the floor. Sasha watched as he pulled up on the wood to release it, opening a small hole that sheltered a lockbox.

“Better check the contents.” She walked over to him curiously as he sat down and opened the box.

A wad of cash. It’d be helpful for sure, but it wasn’t his. He took it and handed it to Sasha. “Here.”

A grateful smile brightened her face as she pocketed the money. “I’ll have to give all this to Fiona. She’s the one that deals with the 'finances'.”

“I know what you mean. I usually let Vaughn handle the money. I’m just the looks of the operation.”

“I know what you mean.” She repeated him and laughed, sitting down beside him. “Nah, you’re more than looks. You hacked the computers back at that Atlas facility. I had to admit, that was impressive.”

“Well, thanks,” he said, returning a slightly cocky grin.

This girl wouldn’t know impressive if it was standing right in front of her.”

Rhys’ eyes widened as he turned to look over his shoulder. Handsome Jack glared back.

AH!” He yelped as he sharply leaned back, elbowing Sasha in the face.

OW! What the hell?!” She held her sore nose, glaring at him too. He was suddenly caught between a rock and a hard place.

“I-I don’t know what came over me.” Rhys tried to smooth it over. “S-sorry.”

“Aw, does Cupcake have a little crush, huh?”

“Shut up.”

“Excuse me?” Sasha asked in a shrill voice, even angrier than before.

Rhys felt sweat gleaming on his forehead. “No, not you.”

“Then who are you talking to, Rhys?”

“It’s…” He paused. He would have told Vaughn, of course, his oldest friend and fellow Hyperion employee. But Sasha? She hated Hyperion and anything associated with it - including Jack - with every fiber of her being. He didn’t want her to hate him for this too.

“It’s nothing,” he finished, running his fingers calmly through his hair. She eyed him suspiciously for a few moments.

“She definitely thinks you’re crazy,” Jack interrupted, though he went ignored.

“Fine.” She focused her attention to the box again. “Another grenade. I think Fiona would have more use for these than I would,” she noted as she pocketed it. “What’s that?”

“An ECHOcomm.” Rhys replied, lifting it out of the box. He pressed a button and the screen flickered, turning to video of Felix. He glanced at Sasha with concern.

“If you're seeing this, then I'm either dead or... worse. Fiona… Sasha… there’s so much I want to tell you, but… the less you know, the better.”

Sasha muttered her grudging words just under her breath, “Oh, give me a break.” Rhys gave another worried glance, wondering if this message was too personal for him to listen in on.

“Halfway through the con, I realized we were messing with Vallory’s people… if you’re watching this, it won’t be long until she’s coming after you. Change your names. Change your appearance. Change your life."

Rhys was growing more uneasy with each passing moment of the message. “You know who Vallory is?”

Sasha replied with a shaking head, not taking her eyes off the ECHOcomm.

“Forget about the life you had… and forget about me, but know that I love you both, with all my heart-“

Sasha yanked the ECHOcomm from his hands and threw it across the room. Angrily, she rose up and faced the wall, grunting as her back was turned away from him.

“Hey, I was watching that!” Jack shouted, disturbing the tension.

Rhys had to offer something to say to her. “I’m sorry.”

You’re sorry? For what? You’re not the one who left… the one that lied. I’m not going to listen to his bullshit! I can’t believe Fiona let him live!”

Rhys felt extremely uncomfortable now. He knew next to nothing about Felix, or his life with Sasha and Fiona. Judging by his scan of their childhood photo, they’d been together for a long time.

“You… probably don’t mean that.”

Oops.

“What do you know?! He said we were family, but the second a big score showed up, he betrayed us! We had it… we had it in our hands, Rhys. Ten million dollars. Enough to get me off this planet, enough to buy a new life…”

She started to gaze off solemnly, imagining what it could only be like to live anywhere else than the rock she knew. He thought he understood now. Despite living here all her life, she didn’t want to be here anymore than he did.

“Hey,” he started, trying to calm her down. “Tell you what. If I ever, you know, get my job back, take vacation time, find a vault, whatever, I could take you with me. Away from here, away from Pandora. You’ll be seeing it from space.”

Sasha stared at him, partly astounded, partly touched. “You’d really do that? For some Pandoran you met a day ago?”

“I mean, why not.” Rhys laughed, trying to conceal his nervousness. He was starting to wonder what was really coming over him this time, offering her a promise like this. “I was planning on taking a vacation when I got my promotion anyways. Before this whole Vasquez, vault key situation.”

“Well, I’m going to hold you to that,” Sasha said, wearing a faint smile. “You, uh… want a sandwich?”

“Sure.”

Jack chimed in. “I don’t know what state of being I’m in right now, but uh, yeah, I can go for one.”

She prepared a pan and put it on the grill, pushing bread and egg with a spatula. “Hey,” she said, interrupting him from his thoughts. “First Jack, now this guy Vasquez. Maybe you’re better off without Hyperion, Rhys.”

“’First Jack’? What does she mean by that? I’m the best thing she’s ever known in her miserable life.” Rhys grinded his teeth as Jack’s words buzzed in his ear.

“Maybe,” he answered her.

“Aw, come on, don’t be like that, Cupcake.”

“There’s two boxes in here Sasha,” Rhys changed the subject. “Looks like they're for you and Fiona.”

“Hold onto them for Fiona’s sake. I don’t want them.”

Rhys stood up, offering the S box again. “You sure?”

“I’m sure.” She sighed, watching as Rhys held the present in his hand. He slowly put it away. Hopefully Fiona would have enough sense to talk her into it.

“So stubborn.”

Sasha and Rhys turned towards the voice to meet the two men looking for them in Scooter's garage, cornering them at gunpoint.

Fun Fact! Sasha's line:

"First Jack, now this guy Vasquez. Maybe you're better off without Hyperion, Rhys."

is an actual Sasha sound clip I found in Episode One's audio files.

Alt text

Now get off my lawn.

Alright 8 people so far. Who's the other ancient here?

• Alt text

• Grand Elder it is

31. Now get off my lawn.

• Thank you captain obvious ;)

Our friend @Leluch123 created this image. They correctly showed Rhysha as the victor, because David is Rhysha and Goliath us Rhyiona.

• YAY! can't wait to read that, btw can you give me the link to those audio logs? i want to hear it for my self

• Oh dear... Have my seat gramps !

31. Now get off my lawn.

• It's good ! But why didn't he post that himself?

Pipas posted: »

Athena shipping Rhysha CONFIRMED. That lovely poster was made by @Leluch123.

• Thanks kiddo. And yes, i'm old enough to use 'kiddo' on y'all :p
    And now....
    Alt text

Oh dear... Have my seat gramps !

• edited April 2015

We've got our own writers it seems ;)

Leluch123 posted: »

Very very nice great work

• I meant this wanted poster was made by him, he posted it a few pages back. :)

It's good ! But why didn't he post that himself?

• It's not a link, I used a telltale speech extractor to listen to the audio files. I can try to upload them somewhere, if I can.

YAY! can't wait to read that, btw can you give me the link to those audio logs? i want to hear it for my self

• I would be grateful

It's not a link, I used a telltale speech extractor to listen to the audio files. I can try to upload them somewhere, if I can.

• If you could that would be great, quite interested in hearing them as well. ^^

It's not a link, I used a telltale speech extractor to listen to the audio files. I can try to upload them somewhere, if I can.

• @Dapnee uploaded them and posted a link to them somewhere in the forums, I can't for the life of me remember where though - and the search function hates me!

• The search function hates everyone.

@Dapnee uploaded them and posted a link to them somewhere in the forums, I can't for the life of me remember where though - and the search function hates me!

• Ugh, it's seriously the worst. I always get the most random results that are completely unrelated to anything even remotely resembling my search...

Pipas posted: »

The search function hates everyone.

• Maybe if you were nicer to AI they wouldn't hate you so much.

Ugh, it's seriously the worst. I always get the most random results that are completely unrelated to anything even remotely resembling my search...

• Having been summoned by @HandsomeJack , I present to you episode 1's audio lines. Some are missing descriptions(what's being said)/artists(who's saying them), but that's how they were annotated in the extractor. Episode 2 is missing all annotations and actor information, so I might add that after I listen and work on most of it.

YAY! can't wait to read that, btw can you give me the link to those audio logs? i want to hear it for my self

• Just saying it seems we're all between 16 and 25 old, that means we can do serious shit if we're trying to act together ! If anyone need my "talents" for one of his idea (with his/her talents) my tablet is ready.

• Glorious.

I lied. There's going to be three parts. The Switch Part 2 - Past and Present “I don’t like this,” Sasha muttered, eyeing the susp

Sign in to comment in this discussion.