The Vent/Help Thread

Comments

• I think there has already been a 'vent' thread before but it fell into the depths of the forums because the search function doesn't work.

• Well, I just made a new one then.

I think there has already been a 'vent' thread before but it fell into the depths of the forums because the search function doesn't work.

• I like yours better anyway, mostly because I know of its existence.

Well, I just made a new one then.

• I don't blame you, I Have to dig through like 20 pages of threads every time I want to find that 'suggestions on how to improve the forums' one even though I know the exact name of it. I should have followed it last time. You know what? Here's my vent. The forum's search function sucks dong and has not worked right any time I used it. Everyone knows this and no one does anything about it. When you type something into the search bar and click to search it should just redirect you to a page with a picture of the middle finger and nothing else.

Well, I just made a new one then.

• I like mine too. :)

I like yours better anyway, mostly because I know of its existence.

• A better way to search for threads is by going to google, search the thread name and plop a telltalegames.com at the end of it. Works for me like 95% of the time.

I don't blame you, I Have to dig through like 20 pages of threads every time I want to find that 'suggestions on how to improve the forums'

• You could bookmark it.

I don't blame you, I Have to dig through like 20 pages of threads every time I want to find that 'suggestions on how to improve the forums'

• You are a genius.

Green613 posted: »

A better way to search for threads is by going to google, search the thread name and plop a telltalegames.com at the end of it. Works for me like 95% of the time.

• edited April 2015

I have a second vent for today.

I hate fandoms. I'm not talking about forums or mass gatherings, I'm talking about people who share interests to the point of borderline obsession and combine them with other habits. I'm talking about the Tumblr, Quotev and occasionally Fanfiction.net groups that take a great series and clash it with creepy fetishes, shipping or spam emoticons.

Those kind of people. No, I don't care about your stupid slash pairings or headcanons. Graaaaaaah. Fandoms totally suck sometimes.

• My vent for the day:

VA. Sucks,

• People who can't tolerate someone else's perspectives or personal tastes, whether it's politics, music, religion, or whatever, and then proceed to mock or insult that person's views. I listen to a lot of classic metal, but several other 70's and 80's bands, numerous times my music taste has been mocked, meanwhile I have full respect to the music they listen to, I just ask they show the same respect.

• CrazyGeorgeCrazyGeorge Banned
    edited April 2015

I don't like most new music nowadays, it all sounds the same to me.

People who can't tolerate someone else's perspectives or personal tastes, whether it's politics, music, religion, or whatever, and then proc

• Imo its all digitized, so it has no soul.

That is why music was better in olden times.

I agree, it's a bunch of repetitive garbage. In the words of Bob Seger, "Today's music ain't got the same soul, I like that old time rock 'n' roll."

• I agree, it's a bunch of repetitive garbage. In the words of Bob Seger, "Today's music ain't got the same soul,
    I like that old time rock 'n' roll."

CrazyGeorge posted: »

I don't like most new music nowadays, it all sounds the same to me.

• I'm really sick of the way people my age act. Seriously, kidd at my school stand in the middle of hallways in doorways having a conversation! Dickheads.

And of course nobody can have any common courtesy. Instead of politely asking me to move my laptop case, this one girl rudely says, "Move your bag!"

And instead of just walking around me, people get pissed at me for not moving for them! And then they decide to ask me to do their work for them! What the fuck?!

• Yep. West Virginia is superior Virginia!

My vent for the day: VA. Sucks,

• It annoys the hell out of me.

People standing in the middle of places hugging and talking and stuff like get over to the side.

I'm really sick of the way people my age act. Seriously, kidd at my school stand in the middle of hallways in doorways having a conversation

• Is that the VA he meant? I was thinking of another VA.

Yep. West Virginia is superior Virginia!

• edited April 2015

The forum's search function sucks

It really does we should have a few options

1. When you search thread titles it actually searches the title not all the original post
    2. You can search for accuracy rather than just individual words (I.e if you search for three words the results should include al of those words not just one of them)

• edited April 2015

'm really sick of the way people my age act. Seriously, kidd at my school stand in the middle of hallways in doorways having a conversation! Dickheads.

And instead of just walking around me, people get pissed at me for not moving for them!

Dont those contradict each other?

Instead of politely asking me to move my laptop case, this one girl rudely says, "Move your bag!"

I have to be honest I do that, nothing annoys me more when peoples stuff is left on chairs or blocks hallways, they should make sure their junk doesnt block things

I'm really sick of the way people my age act. Seriously, kidd at my school stand in the middle of hallways in doorways having a conversation

• edited April 2015

What I meant was that people expect me to get out of the way for them when in open areas. If you can go around, then go around. That's how I see it. It's understandable to move for somebody if they can't go around you, but it's different if there's enough space to just go around.

And still, it's better to at least show some common courtesy by not asking rudely.

'm really sick of the way people my age act. Seriously, kidd at my school stand in the middle of hallways in doorways having a conversation!

• Veteran Affairs.

Is that the VA he meant? I was thinking of another VA.

• Today's rant is about entitlement among children. MY best friend's parents have three kids. Two out of the three kids STILL LIVE AT HOME , and they're in their late twenties. CUT THE CORD and let them live by themselves.

Personally i would feel bad exploiting my parents, making them pay for me. I would pay, kids today never fight over the bill.

• All of this and more in my school as well, mate. I empathise deeply with with your sentiment.

Sometimes, these types of students make me think of school as a glorified daycare centre. Not often, but I have thought that way at a couple of points.

• Alt text

Today's rant is about entitlement among children. MY best friend's parents have three kids. Two out of the three kids STILL LIVE AT HOME ,

• edited December 2021

• School is some bullshit. I feel like everyone is constantly judging me if I don't do my homework or I don't understand something or whatever. I understand that my school has high standards, but that shouldn't mean that every day I get up and my heart sinks because I know I have to go to a place where I am miserable all day. I'm getting to the point where I'm thinking, "Fuck it, I'll just become a hairdresser or something if it means I don't have to carry on being shamed for not remembering what the fuck pilli are."

• edited April 2015

I'm surprised we don't already have a topic like this

We do. It's okay if you want to create a new one, I'm just saying that we had a topic like this.

• Alright, my parents are just unbearable. They seriously cause me the most amount of pain and distress in my life - and always have. And the thing is, I'm trapped here. I can't leave, I have nowhere else to go.

• edited December 2021

School is some bullshit. I feel like everyone is constantly judging me if I don't do my homework or I don't understand something or whatever

• I think we had one and it just kinda sunk down... I usually write to vent, but anyway this is how I feel right now:

Alt text

• Incorrect use of the word "your" in memes also grinds my gears >.< ;-;

• Yeah me too, so middle finger to the dude that made this. :3

AWESOMEO posted: »

Incorrect use of the word "your" in memes also grinds my gears >.< ;-;

• edited June 2021

Alright, my parents are just unbearable. They seriously cause me the most amount of pain and distress in my life - and always have. And the thing is, I'm trapped here. I can't leave, I have nowhere else to go.

• Don't worry about your classmates. No matter how they make you feel, as soon as you graduate you will basically never see them again unless you bump into them randomly, or you choose to see them. If you don't understand something, don't be afraid to ask your teachers if you can stay after class, or during lunch or something. If they scoff at the idea then they are just bad teachers. Your school should provide you with the help you need, that's why they're there, in theory.

As for some failing grades, don't worry about it too much. Most highschools push students through anyways, so if you really just don't get something, just try your best and don't sweat it too much. I know plenty of people that graduated and can't even read, which you are obviously already capable of doing. Some things will just never click with you no matter how hard you try.

When it comes to the useless shit, you'll find that even after school a lot of things you will be made to do will seem entirely pointless, and in many cases you'll probably be correct. The lesson to be learned is that sometimes in order to make it, you just have to deal with someone's stupid bullshit for a little while. Highschool flies by, and as much as it annoys you in the moment, most of that will all be forgotten as soon as it ends and you move on to the next step of your life.

School is some bullshit. I feel like everyone is constantly judging me if I don't do my homework or I don't understand something or whatever

• I'm glad your parents are back together, that must be nice. I'm so grateful to the community here, everyone is so lovely and understanding and you do definitely help me out a lot, and thanks for showing your concern Rabbit :)

• edited December 2021

I'm glad your parents are back together, that must be nice. I'm so grateful to the community here, everyone is so lovely and understanding and you do definitely help me out a lot, and thanks for showing your concern Rabbit

• I hate popular music right now. Shitty EDM and dance-pop is taking over the airwaves and every other genre is going down the poop chute.

-- Country music is devolved into idiotic 'bro country' sung by frat boys who've taken to using hip-hop slang in a desperate effort to stay relevant.

-- Rock & alternative is stagnant and half dead.

-- Don't even get me started about mainstream rap. It's so repetitive, I can literally write a blueprint for making a top ten rap song. 1.) brag about yourself, don't bother rhyming. 2.) Make a shitty beat, with synths and guys saying "ey ey ey!" in the background. 3.) Rake in the cash. 4.) Commit crimes and say dumb shit that reinforces ghetto stereotypes.

• Yep.

Veteran Affairs.

• Luckily metal is still going strong, even if it's entirely out of the mainstream. Iron Maiden and Metallica are both working on new albums. Queensryche is still going, Sabaton is on tour with Nightwish, both supporting new albums. Down is touring, Motorhead released an album a while ago. Godsmack released an album last year, and is touring. Grave Digger released an album last year. Alice Cooper is touring. Megadeth is working on a new album. I could keep going but I think the point has been made.

BigBlindMax posted: »

I hate popular music right now. Shitty EDM and dance-pop is taking over the airwaves and every other genre is going down the poop chute.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.