The Vent/Help Thread

Comments

• It really irks me when I'm in a fairly empty coffee shop with plenty of available seats around, then some random stranger decides to sit directly beside me simply to strike up pointless small talk.

• Avenged Sevenfold's just finished their tours also, and are going to start working on another album this summer :P

Luckily metal is still going strong, even if it's entirely out of the mainstream. Iron Maiden and Metallica are both working on new albums.

• They're a band that's really good, but I just can't get into their stuff. They have the talent, but something just doesn't click for me. I do like that they acknowledge their inspirations, and that they've done some Iron Maiden songs, and Pantera, etc. Definitely a cool band.

AWESOMEO posted: »

Avenged Sevenfold's just finished their tours also, and are going to start working on another album this summer :P

• Seriously...the stories coming out about their inept bureaucracy, waiting lists, and continued use of outdated are soul crushing.

CrazyGeorge posted: »

My vent for the day: VA. Sucks,

• Dealt with that forever. "KISS sucks! So does Rush!" Yeah, they've been packing arenas for 40 years, they must TOTALLY suck.

People who can't tolerate someone else's perspectives or personal tastes, whether it's politics, music, religion, or whatever, and then proc

• They are pretty lame, but people do seem to love them, I'll give them that.

bdemon posted: »

Dealt with that forever. "KISS sucks! So does Rush!" Yeah, they've been packing arenas for 40 years, they must TOTALLY suck.

• Everybody needs social interaction

Tombstoke posted: »

It really irks me when I'm in a fairly empty coffee shop with plenty of available seats around, then some random stranger decides to sit directly beside me simply to strike up pointless small talk.

• I understand that. Sometimes you just don't. want. to talk.

Tombstoke posted: »

It really irks me when I'm in a fairly empty coffee shop with plenty of available seats around, then some random stranger decides to sit directly beside me simply to strike up pointless small talk.

• When you're around a lot of people and you just start twitching, am I right? Anyone?

• Interesting...Same thing is happening with non-mainstream hip-hop, actually. Underground rap is in the midst of a renaissance right now, but you'd never know it by turning on the radio.

Mainstream rap is a lot like late 80's glam metal. I'm hoping for a hip-hop Nirvana to come along and boot the likes of Drake and Iggy Azalea off the charts.

Luckily metal is still going strong, even if it's entirely out of the mainstream. Iron Maiden and Metallica are both working on new albums.

• ...West Virginia is still best Virginia.

Yep.

• Exactly the same way it is with metal. You'd never know by turning on the radio that anything decent was out, yet there's tons of great music coming out yearly. I'm glad the glam metal scene died, that music was awful.

BigBlindMax posted: »

Interesting...Same thing is happening with non-mainstream hip-hop, actually. Underground rap is in the midst of a renaissance right now, bu

• edited April 2015

Vent of the say

Alt text

My a-hole football coach who wouldn't move football training ahead just to start at 8 instead of 7:30 like it always was so I can do my boxing training then come to football like I always did instead of completely sacrificing one I'm joining another team >:/

It always was 8 everyone was happy wtf do you change it then give me the old aaaah well yeah.... no 7:30 I'm afraid for now on

I'm joining another team now so I can do my boxing and my football

(my boxing and football trainings are on the same days I used to be able to do both not now but on the other team I'll join, the days I train for each are separate in the week so I can do both but that was my local club so I'm pissed)

That just happened twenty minutes ago sry fresh wound I needed that rant >:/

• edited April 2015

I can't stand it when people think it is perfectly okay to insult the living out of me and then say "Just kidding" and expect me to not feel hurt.

• Summed it up pretty well there. I get so frustrated and angry at people and then people treat me like I'm the bad guy while the teachers do nothing to get the message to kids that you can't treat others however the fuck you please.

Oh and guess what else? Yesterday I learnt that the netbook I bought from the school for $600 (double the price it should be) isn't actually mine and that I have to return it to the school when I leave. So my mum paid $600 for me to basically rent a laptop. Great.

All of this and more in my school as well, mate. I empathise deeply with with your sentiment. Sometimes, these types of students make me think of school as a glorified daycare centre. Not often, but I have thought that way at a couple of points.

• There have been times where I just refuse to do homework because I feel so ripped off and exploited by my school. They expect perfection from you and don't hesitate to point out what you're doing wrong in front of everyone. Fuck my school and it's teachers who don't do anything to stop harassment and bullying. I'm done doing shit for those assholes.

School is some bullshit. I feel like everyone is constantly judging me if I don't do my homework or I don't understand something or whatever

• If only the people at my school understood that.

I understand that. Sometimes you just don't. want. to talk.

• edited April 2015

I don't know if I'd call having your errors pointed out in front of people bullying or harassment. Couldn't it be possible that if you've done something wrong, and they're showing it to the class, that they want everyone to learn from the example?

There have been times where I just refuse to do homework because I feel so ripped off and exploited by my school. They expect perfection fro

• I wasn't trying to say that they were the same, but I still think it's bullshit to call someone out on their flaws for the sake of "learning". And the dickheads at my school don't learn jack shit. Most of them just go out of their to be rude and disrespectful while the teachers punish EVERYBODY by keeping the whole class in for lunch because a few people don't know when to shut the fuck up.

I don't know if I'd call having your errors pointed out in front of people bullying or harassment. Couldn't it be possible that if you've done something wrong, and they're showing it to the class, that they want everyone to learn from the example?

• I hate when my friends don't understand my pain. Today I was texting my friend because I was feeling lonely and unwanted and his girlfriend took his phone and said "No one cares. Stop texting him" and turned his phone off.

• She actually took his phone. Once she gave it back he apologized.

She sounds like a bitch, however, if he let her do that and didn't turn it back on to keep texting you then he's a bitch too.

• She sounds like a bitch, however, if he let her do that and didn't turn it back on to keep texting you then he's a bitch too.

I hate when my friends don't understand my pain. Today I was texting my friend because I was feeling lonely and unwanted and his girlfriend took his phone and said "No one cares. Stop texting him" and turned his phone off.

• Doesn't sound very friendly to me.

I hate when my friends don't understand my pain. Today I was texting my friend because I was feeling lonely and unwanted and his girlfriend took his phone and said "No one cares. Stop texting him" and turned his phone off.

• Well then it's not really so much his fault, more so it's his asshole girlfriend that doesn't care about you.

She actually took his phone. Once she gave it back he apologized.

• I'm not friends with his girlfriend.

Doesn't sound very friendly to me.

• He says he has to turn off his phone off around her now. Ugh, it's so stupid.

Well then it's not really so much his fault, more so it's his asshole girlfriend that doesn't care about you.

• Sounds like a great girlfriend.

He says he has to turn off his phone off around her now. Ugh, it's so stupid.

• Totally.

Sounds like a great girlfriend.

• I don't know enough about the whole deal to offer you much, but I can say that it sucks.

Totally.

• Yeah, it made the day pretty sour. Hell, i'm still sad.

I don't know enough about the whole deal to offer you much, but I can say that it sucks.

• I can see why, especially if she acts like that.

I'm not friends with his girlfriend.

• To about 15% of my school:

Use deodorant, please?

• edited April 2015

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SCKIk5Wuo-c

Edit: I could spam you with music. Music usually makes me feel better.

Yeah, it made the day pretty sour. Hell, i'm still sad.

• That sounds awful. But how does that translate to him not understanding your pain?

His girlfriend shouldn't have been messing around with his phone to begin with. How many messages were you sending?

• Two messages.

This may not of been the best example but it's the most recent.

That sounds awful. But how does that translate to him not understanding your pain? His girlfriend shouldn't have been messing around with his phone to begin with. How many messages were you sending?

• :\

I'm sorry. That must suck really bad, she doesn't sound like very much of a good person.

• Hmm, that's barely any messages at all. Sounds like a bad girlfriend.

Two messages. This may not of been the best example but it's the most recent.

• Now i'm having an argument with my friend because I asked if she help cheer me up.

ComingSoon posted: »

I'm sorry. That must suck really bad, she doesn't sound like very much of a good person.

• Let me get on my computer and i'll PM you.

ComingSoon posted: »

That's not something you should argue over, if someone needs to be cheered up you should do it. I could help, if you want to talk?

• That's not something you should argue over, if someone needs to be cheered up you should do it.

I could help, if you want to talk?

Now i'm having an argument with my friend because I asked if she help cheer me up.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.