Official Rhysha Thread (Episode 5 Spoilers)

Comments

• Wow I really like the middle one with Sasha :D

Leluch123 posted: »

ok looks I'm on a roll today.

• They're all gorgeous man. 11/10

ok looks I'm on a roll today.

• edited April 2015

Thank you guys for liking the fic!

Alt text

The Switch Part 3 - Wanted

“You’re really gonna turn down a dead man’s final gift to you?” asked the first man that entered, aiming his gun at Sasha.

“Cold-blooded,” added his large partner, following behind.

Rhys heard the sound of barely-stifled snickering. “Nice hair,” Jack laughed, pointing at the man.

“Alright, hands up, both of you.”

They glanced at each other, reluctantly raising their hands up. The first man found this - out of all times - to be the perfect opportunity to make small talk.

“Whatcha makin’?

“Sandwich,” Sasha replied flatly.

“Why you got a pan going for a sandwich?”

“I like an egg on it.”

“Alright, that’s valid.”

His partner joined in. “I like it when the yolk is runny.”

Jack stepped in front of Rhys, blocking his view of their new captors. “Okay, as much as I’d like to watch these two idiots kill you two idiots, I can’t let that happen. I’m inside… well, okay I’m not inside you… look if you go, I go. I’ve enhanced your ECHO eye, so use it to hack something and get us the hell out of this jam.”

Rhys followed his orders and activated his eye. Not like it mattered, there wasn’t much tech in the old room to hack into. He barely noticed Sasha move towards her gun.

“Ah!” The man kept his gun barrel locked on her, halting her from progress. Rhys had to buy her some kind of distraction. His eye searched the room quickly, finally resting upon an old radio sitting on Felix’s desk.

Sasha inched further. “Ah, ah!” Another warning.

Music abruptly blasted from the other side of the room, startling its occupants.

“What was that?!” The man’s gun wandered off his target as he and his partner turned wide-eyed towards the radio. Sasha took this brief chance and leapt for her gun.

“Not another move, assholes.” She got their attention, staring down the barrel of an Atlas Silver. Now it was her turn to give a warning.

The music turned off. “How did - ?” he started.

“Back off!” Sasha warned again. She aimed the gun at the ground, shooting at his feet.

He jumped back, eyeing the bullet lodged into the wooden floorboards. “Cool it.”

“Shoot through that nice floor, and for what?”

“For nothing. You got every bounty hunter on Pandora looking for you and your sister, and you’re making a sandwich?” He looked at Rhys, contemplating. “She’s too much trouble for now, but he might be worth something. Finch, tie him up.”

Rhys anxiously backed up, watching as the intimidating bounty hunter approached him. Jack was still talking in his ear. “Uh, you gonna do something, Kiddo? Or are you gonna just stand around like a jackass.”

“Rhys!” Sasha called out, catching his attention. “Use the stun baton!”

“You’re kidding me! You had a stun baton the whole time, idiot?” Rhys shook off Jack’s insults and pulled out his baton, pressing the button. An electrically-charged rod suddenly brightened the room.

“Please. You’re embarrassing yourself.” Finch relaxed, crossing his arms across his chest. “Go on.”

“Rhys, do it” Sasha encouraged.

He thrust the end of the rod into Finch’s chest. The man catapulted to the back of the room, landing hard among rows of old bookcases with a crash.

“Hey, man! Hey!”

Before his partner could do anything, Sasha took the red-hot frying pan from the grill and swung it full force into his face, sending him to the ground.

“Ahahaha! Oh, that’s rich!” Jack laughed, pointing at the two bounty hunters stirring on the floor.

“What are you doing with your arm Rhys?!” Sasha asked, urging him to the door. He only just realized his robotic arm was acting outside his control, mimicking Jack’s movement and pointing at the men.

“I-I-I’m not doing that,” he panicked as he tried to beat his arm back into control.

“Oh, hello. This is an interesting development.” Jack opened Rhys’ palm, examining his newfound power.

“Come on, we have to go!” Sasha aimed her gun at the men, stalling for time. “Quit messing around!”

“Get out! This is my head!” Rhys cried, clawing at his arm, trying desperately to keep Jack out. He still couldn’t keep his arm from rising higher and higher, or stop the last push that forced cold metal fingers to collide with his head.

“Aw, see? Look what you did, you hit yourself-“

Jack disappeared.

Sasha took Rhys by his other arm and dragged him out of room and into the alleyway, just as one of the men regained consciousness. His bullets started flying wildly through the air.

He stumbled outside after them. “Oh, I’m counting these bullets and they’re coming out of your-’”

A shield flew into his head, knocking him to the ground. It continued forward, flying straight in Rhys’ direction. His body stiffened, unable to react fast enough.

Sasha threw herself into Rhys, pushing him to the wall just out of harm’s way. The shield whirled past their heads. They watched a hooded woman appear from the shadows, catching her shield as it returned.

“They’re mine, Kroger! Take a walk!”

Kroger picked himself off the ground. “I thought you retired.”

“You heard wrong.”

Sasha grabbed Rhys’ hand and sprinted out of the alleyway and down the street. “Rhys! Over here!” She guided him to a few crates that stood close by, acting as a quick cover.

“Who the hell was that?” Rhys asked, hunching behind one of the crates and catching his breath.

“Athena. She’s – “

Just as Sasha mentioned her, she rounded the street corner and ran right for them.

“How do you like this?!” Sasha cried, sending bullets into Athena’s shield. It was no use. She blocked every shot.

“That’s enough, we have to move.” Rhys tugged Sasha in a new direction.

“Wait, I had it-“ Sasha’s protests were interrupted by the blast of crates in the wake of Athena’s shield that they had just left behind them. Maybe he did her a favor.

They stayed close together as they continued through the streets. Besides, Rhys wasn’t about to leave the side of a girl with a gun. They passed a bar with a glowing sign, The Purple Skag. He searched across the street from the bar, noticing the bounty hunter running on the rooftops.

“She’s up th-“ he began, only to be cut short by squealing tires and screaming rider. A psycho nearly drove his bike into them, forcing them into a new alleyway.

Rhys tripped over a line of motorcycles blocking their path. They fell down one by one, like a line of dominos.

“Hey! My shiny crotch machine!”

His eyes met with the gang of psychos. “Whoops.”

Taking the baton in his hand again, he hit the closest psycho, sending him flying into his buddies. Sasha gunned down a few more as they tried to run through, but one still managed to pick up his bike and follow after them.

"Sasha, look out!" Rhys pulled Sasha back from a speeding van that drove through the street, stopping just in front of her face. They traveled around it together, dodging the incoming psycho.

The rider turned his bike around again, targeting the Hyperion. Rhys instinctively grabbed onto a hanging ladder to pull himself out of the way.

"Where are you going?"

"Don't worry, I'll catch up with you!" He started to climb the rungs leading to the rooftops, checking on Sasha as she raced further down the street and out of sight. Maybe split up they'd have a better chance at avoiding Athena.

Or not.

Once he set foot on the top of the building, her figure, concealed in the shadows, readied her shield for attack again. He swiftly took off in the other direction. With every step he could feel her getting closer. Splitting up suddenly felt like a really bad idea.

"Hey, lets go! Jump on!" Sasha's voice came from below, accompanied by the roaring of a motorcycle engine beneath her. He smiled, relieved at the sight of his rescue.

Athena threw her shield.

Rhys jumped off the roof, convinced he must have been crazy. The shield shot past him in the air, just inches from his head. He landed firmly on the seat behind Sasha, holding onto her waist as she sped off to safety.

("Oh yeeeah, that happened."

"Uh, it's my story, Fiona. Shut up.")

"That was a close call. Is she still back there?"

Rhys glanced behind his shoulder. "I don't see her. Maybe she- look out!"

Athena was standing on their path. Sasha lost control of the bike in her surprise. They swirved past her, tumbling off the bike and landing together on the pavement.

"This ends now," Athena threatened, closing in on them. Sasha and Rhys stood back up, keeping close to each other. Rhys slowly moved his hand to his stun baton. But he didn't need to.

A pair of giant metal legs suddenly landed between them and their attacker.

"You really think some stupid Hyperion loader bot is gonna- "

Loader Bot picked Athena up and rapidly swung her around, building up the momentum to throw her across town and into the distance.

("Wait, that doesn't sound right. Loader bots can't do that..."

"Look, were you there? No, you weren't. That's what happened."

"Go on.")

"Yes! Loader Bot!" Rhys could hardly contain his excitement.

"I missed you."

"I missed you more," he replied to the bot. Sasha smiled and rolled her eyes.

"Okay, but where's Fiona and Vaughn?" she asked.

"Scooter's garage. They sent me to get you." He extended his hand to them. "Come with me if you want to leave."

"Fiona!" Sasha cried, running up to greet her sister in Scooter's garage. The mechanic stood by, smiling at the reunion. "Aw, that's sweet man. Real important to have loved ones, you know."

Rhys walked up to Vaughn, noticing he also seemed to be vest-less. "So, what happened to you guys?"

Fiona interrupted. "Your crazy boss tried to kill us! And there's, uh, probably some things you want to smooth over with your friend here when we're on our way to Old Haven," she said, pointing to a guilty-looking Vaughn.

Sasha sighed. "We have to talk about stuff too sis. We found some things at Felix's place." She gave her the wad of cash and grenades. Rhys joined her, handing over her hat and Felix's gifts.

"That's a lot." Fiona looked at her new stash with a level of uneasiness.

"Like you said, it's something to talk about on the way."

The group entered the caravan, giving their compliments to Scooter's handiwork. Rhys picked up his Hyperion vest, pulling it back on over his shoulders as Sasha watched. She felt a tinge of... something, but she didn't know what.

He approached the driver's seat, making a face of disgust. "Erg... must have been your choice. No way am I sitting on that," he said as he touched the colorful upholstery.

Sasha rolled her eyes again. "Well it's a good thing I'll be driving from now on." She sat down and started the engine. Rhys shook his head, remembering the last time he took the wheel.

"That's probably for the best."

He was about to step down to join Fiona and Vaughn in the back of the caravan. "Wait, Rhys," Sasha spoke up, stopping him in his tracks. He looked at her expectantly. A moment of tension kept her words from coming out as she wanted.

"For a Hyperion toadie... you're not such a bad guy."

An odd compliment, but one Rhys appreciated all the same. A genuine smile spread across his face.

"Thanks, Sasha."

More Fun Facts! The following lines:

"Erg... must have been Sasha's choice. No way am I sitting on that."

"Alright Rhys. For a Hyperion toadie... you're not such a bad guy"

Are also actual Rhys and Sasha audio files from Episode 1

• Toadie? lol what.

LoseMyHome posted: »

Thank you guys for liking the fic! The Switch Part 3 - Wanted “You’re really gonna turn down a dead man’s final gift to you?” aske

• Alt text

That's you singing? Bloody hell that's awesome! Please make some song for us!

• InGen_Nate_KennyInGen_Nate_Kenny Moderator
    edited April 2015

The urban dictionary may shed some light on the situation.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=toadie

One who gives selflessly of himself, who's only concern is pleasing his Mistress, with no concern for his own health or well-being. One who's unquestionably sincere devotion to his Mistress is to be applauded, commended and encouraged, and most especially, Rewarded.

Hey don't look at me that was just what she said. I have no idea.

• Hey don't look at me that was just what she said. I have no idea.

Toadie? lol what.

• Alt text

Thank you guys for liking the fic! The Switch Part 3 - Wanted “You’re really gonna turn down a dead man’s final gift to you?” aske

• I wrote this before Atlas Mugged came out. The first part is kind of weird, but the dialogue is decent. It's a tad short, but I'm not really doing anything so, here ya go.

Enjoy!

The voracious winds of Pandora roared in the darkness, like a pack of wolves celebrating their kill. In a quaint cave, shielded from the hungry wind, lay a caravan. The occupants of the caravan, all peacefully asleep, except for one. The figure stared out to the unforgiving landscape of Pandora, searching the skies for a sign. A signal, a beacon in the darkness. Nothing. The person looked back at his sleeping ‘friends’. He gazed at one in particular, the one that he had warmed up the most despite their constant threats. The one would probably want to kill him the most after he would leave them. He sighed, and begrudgingly looked back to the sky, waiting for the inevitable to occur. The figure waited, and waited, a solemn watcher on the wall, a sword in the darkness , a warrior waiting for his fight. But none came. Seeing the opportunity, the figure decided to take a walk outside, to the harsh wilderness that they were forced to be on, until the sun came round, so to that his absence would not noticed by his ‘friends’.

Back at the caravan, the one that the figure gazed upon stirred. Confused, disoriented, tired, they quickly scanned the vehicle for any signs of disturbance. It was only then did they realize someone had left. The person rubbed their eyes and then decided to investigate the mysterious occurrence. Grabbing their choice weapon, they slowly opened the door and marched out to search for the missing compatriot. The person then noticed movement of a figure along the wall of the entrance of the cave. The person slowly sneaked up on the figure, noticing his look to the sky and ignorance of this world and its surroundings. They laid their hand on the figure’s shoulder, alerting him as such.

“Who the he-!” the figure yelped, only to realize it was her, the last person he wanted to see before he left.

“Rhys, what are you doing out here? It’s freezing!”

“I was…...” Rhys quickly tried to think of a lie, “I was just…ummm….just thinking about the whole money thing Sasha.” Having said that Rhys pulled his collar on instinct, hoping she would find his answer acceptable. He noted her Atlas Silver in her hands. This could go wrong so fast.

“Okay…? Do you want to talk about anything?” Sasha replied, perplexed by his answer.

“Umm… sure, if you want, but if we do, could you get a blanket or something out here? I don’t want either of us to freeze.”

“Sure, I’ll be right back.” And with that Sasha walked back into the caravan.

Rhys sighed. He had to talk to Sasha now. The Pandoran was still suspicious of him at times. He remembered back they were looking for the money. How she threatened him, insulted him, and then…and then she bonded with him, intrigued by his life on Helios. They had gotten closer. He always thought she was attractive. Well, she and Fiona were both attractive, but he thought Sasha was more so. Vaughn never really cared for women, instead he was always dreading things or doing his weird accounting stuff. He didn’t want to leave Vaughn but Hyperion would kill him if Rhys brought him. Rhys’ thoughts were interrupted by the sight of Sasha, holding a blanket and some sort of bottle. What’s in that bottle? And even more worrying, her Atlas Silver was still with her.

“I could only get one blanket, Vaughn was using yours, so I brought mine.”

“Great, now we have to share. Why does this always happen to me?”

“You can have some of the blanket, but I better not catch you touching me you perv!”

“Relax Sasha. I might be a lot of things, but a pervert is not one of them.”

“Whatever you say, you Hyperion scum.”

“Yeah, thanks you Pandoran low-life.”

“Whatever.” Rhys trailed off. She hadn’t asked him about what he lied about. Had she forgotten? What did she want?

“So Rhys, how have you been? You seem…different.”

“It’s tough, Sasha, it really is. I don’t know if I’ll ever get used to it.”

“Rhys, I have something I want to show with you.” with that she reached to her side. Rhys, curious, leaned in. Sasha pulled out a bottle of wine from her side.

“I was going to save this for Felix’s birthday, but you know…..Fiona didn’t want any after what happened, and Vaughn, well, Vaughn probably doesn’t care for this kind of stuff. So after the whole thing with the money, I figured I need to repay the favor.”

With that Sasha opened the bottle and took a quick sip of the wine, the liquid flowing down her throat. Rhys, as much as he tried not to, stared as she gulped it down.

“Heeeree you go budddy.” Sasha attempted to say, somehow already drunk. Rhys, not wanting to piss off a drunk Pandoran, took it and sipped it down. The wine flowed quickly down his gullet, lingering on his tongue long enough to get a taste of it. Not bad…for con artists.

“Youuu know, you Hyperrrionnns aren’t as baaaad as they saaaaaay,” Sasha said, taking another sip of wine, “you’rerer kinda funun.”

“You’re not too shabby either in that crazy Pandoran kind of way.” Rhys said, the alcohol clearly not being as effective on him or his voice.

The two joked around for a while, the wine bottle empty within 5 minutes. After a bit, Sasha’s mind seemed to begin to break free of the drunkenness and she and Rhys talked like any normal Pandoran con artist and Hyperion worker would.

“So how long did you date that August guy? You guys seemed close.”

“For a while. He was a handful at times, probably wants to kill me right now. I never really cared for him. Although he was fun at times…”

“Great. Thanks for that lovely mental image. Who doesn’t want to kill us on this planet?”

“So what do you exactly at Hyperion?”

“Well I work…I worked in the Securities Propaganda division. I was going to be Senior Vice President, but this prick Vasquez stole it from me. And then using his new found wisdom, demoted to me to trash man.”

“Securities Propaganda…” She thought for a second “Don’t you guys go around acting like toddlers destroying crayon pictures they don’t like?”

“No, no, it’s more like grown men destroying anti-Hyperion posters, broadcasts, stuff like that.”

“You Hyperions can’t take a little protest? No wonder everyone on this planet hates you. I ran my own radio show, Hollow Point Radio.” Sasha bragged.

“So you run that? We’ve been trying to stop that for a long time.”

“Well nice try.” She smiled.

After a bit more talking, Rhys noticed that Sasha had scooted noticeably closer to him, her hand touching his. Probably just the drunkenness, although it should have probably worn off by now.

“Uhh, Sasha?” he spoke.

“Yes Rhys?” she replied in a sweet tone, her eyes glimmering in the moonlight.

“You’re uhh, you’re kind of touching me.” Rhys said nervously.

“And is that a problem?” she asked in a deep, almost seductive tone, leaning towards him.

Before Rhys could reply to this change of events, Sasha crashed her lips into his, effectively silencing him. Rhys was so shocked from this outburst that he just froze, not responding to Sasha’s passionate lips. In his trance he felt the taste of the wine they had been drinking on her lips. She held him there for about a minute, then Sasha withdrew her lips from his mouth, licking them before standing up and returning to the caravan, not so much as casting a glance in Rhys’ direction. Rhys, still paralyzed from the kiss, caressed his lips and felt Sasha’s lipstick. That was real.

“You’re damn right that was real kiddo.” a now active A.I. Handsome Jack spoke. “I ship it.”

• InGen_Nate_KennyInGen_Nate_Kenny Moderator
    edited April 2015

The Urban Dictionary had a different one as the top, but this was the next best thing.

Rhysha confirmed.

We should just call Rhys toadie for now on.

The best definition possible

• The best definition possible

The urban dictionary may shed some light on the situation. http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=toadie One who gives self

• edited April 2015

RHYSHA AUDIO POST!

I finally got around to compiling as much Rhysha-related audio posts I could find, including a bunch of unused files!

Right now it's on my tumblr here.

If anyone else wants to suggest another audio-sharing website they want me to post it on I can try. I was thinking about soundcloud but I'm not sure, I've never really used it myself.

Alt text

Corroboration of their love.

• Hey guys! I am joining your amazing order.

I pledge my allegiance to The Ship of the holy Rhysha nation.
    To which it stands: One Ship, indisputable with Rhys and Sasha for all.

NOW I WILL POST MY NEW NATIONS ANTHEM!
    Rhysha national anthem
    ALL HAIL THE HOLY RHYSHA!

• Easy Dude.I just don't like virtual rumors about TTF.Cause I don't see any interest in Sasha X Rhys(It's not exist actually).Personality difference,Right?

armis37 posted: »

Don't like it, don't be here. What's the problem ?

• awesome now I really can't wait for those audio logs, and your fic really epic , great work

• Leluch123Leluch123 Banned
    edited April 2015

Welcome, we're all glad to have you within our ranks. Our motto is Quality over Quantity

Edit: Oh and it's Enlightened Rhysha, "Holy" are those other guys we really don't want to speak about :)

Volker94 posted: »

Hey guys! I am joining your amazing order. I pledge my allegiance to The Ship of the holy Rhysha nation. To which it stands: One Ship,

• OMG! You know what I realised during this audio!? He and Sasha were supposed to fall off this caravan! Rhysha confirmed. Also you're the best My Home!

RHYSHA AUDIO POST! I finally got around to compiling as much Rhysha-related audio posts I could find, including a bunch of unused files

• edited April 2015

Thank you! Actually I already posted the audio further down the thread. They're not individual, downloadable audio files unless you want them, then I could try to figure out something :)

awesome now I really can't wait for those audio logs, and your fic really epic , great work

• edited April 2015

Thank you! :) I'm not sure if there's enough audio to support that they both fell out of the caravan. I figured a lot of the unused audio probably would have happened in Old Haven. The only suspect line was this:

Sasha, I'm sorry, okay?! I saw the moonshot coming and I just panicked!"

That line seemed to suggest he's apologizing to Sasha after he pressed the boost, but there's not a time where that could have happened, and I couldn't find surrounding conversation audio that would put this into context.

OMG! You know what I realised during this audio!? He and Sasha were supposed to fall off this caravan! Rhysha confirmed. Also you're the best My Home!

• edited April 2015

Alt text

Moar.

• Alt text

I wrote this before Atlas Mugged came out. The first part is kind of weird, but the dialogue is decent. It's a tad short, but I'm not really

• edited April 2015

Welcome, Volker94! :)

@GrumpyDof, we have a new member! :)

Hey guys! I am joining your amazing order. I pledge my allegiance to The Ship of the holy Rhysha nation. To which it stands: One Ship,

• Just gonna drop this here...

Alt text

Full size

• Little nitpick, wouldn't Vasquez track Rhys down? He said he found him because he's Hyperion property and even if he could track Vaughn too, I think he'd rather want to deal with Rhys first.

Though I don't think he'd voluntarily enter Hollow Point. :P

• This is perfect.

Alt text

dfh15 posted: »

Just gonna drop this here... Full size

• Alt text

• Hahah glorious

• don't want to sound mean, but is this really fanfiction ? you're just rewriting stuff so it'd fit another possible scenario. nothing here is new.

still well written :)

• edited April 2015

She's got a smile that it seems to me...

Welcome to the club!

• This was really good, I liked it :)

Made me laugh with 'I ship it' line xD

I wrote this before Atlas Mugged came out. The first part is kind of weird, but the dialogue is decent. It's a tad short, but I'm not really

• Welcome to our order brother!

• isn't it the point of fanfiction to re-write on how things could go?

lizzycomp posted: »

don't want to sound mean, but is this really fanfiction ? you're just rewriting stuff so it'd fit another possible scenario. nothing here is new. still well written

• Yeah I thought about that and figured Vasquez going to hollow point didn't really work with where I wanted it to go

Pipas posted: »

Little nitpick, wouldn't Vasquez track Rhys down? He said he found him because he's Hyperion property and even if he could track Vaughn too,

• edited April 2015

Well that was what I was going for. I introduced some new things but I also wanted to keep a lot of the dialogue and action the same so people could easily picture what it would be like if it happened without writing way more than I should.

This was also a bit of test fic to see if anyone liked my writing. I'd write more original pieces otherwise.

lizzycomp posted: »

don't want to sound mean, but is this really fanfiction ? you're just rewriting stuff so it'd fit another possible scenario. nothing here is new. still well written

• You already have a fan base go for it! Also try to post it on fan fiction

Well that was what I was going for. I introduced some new things but I also wanted to keep a lot of the dialogue and action the same so peop

• Beautiful. 11/10

This World This world was trying to kill him. And it would, eventually; it was just biding its time. Tell him a week ago he’d be stuck

• edited April 2015

This World

This world was trying to kill him. And it would, eventually; it was just biding its time.

Tell him a week ago he’d be stuck on this savage rock with no Hyperion title to his name – not unless he were to count the janitor thing, which he rather wouldn’t – he would have never tried to steal the deal. Ten million dollars and a vault key deal? Was it really worth all this?

His finger twitched

His eyes lingered on his hardware as he clenched his metal hand, reflecting faint shimmers of light under the stars. Inspecting the way his fingers bid his physical control, he slowly rolled them into a fist. A test. Satisfied, he raised his head to the sky again. He could never be too careful. The doubt that his arm really was his arm had already begun to eat away at him. That Eridium deal probably wasn’t worth it either.

A body stirred.

The man lowered his eyes from the stars in the sky to the girl on the ground. Her silver gun lay next to her sleeping figure, shining hues of orange and crimson from the dwindling fire. The view was just as beautiful.

An anti-Hyperion propagandist.

Sometimes he wondered if he remembered that just for the sake of keeping his distance. He would play through his mind all the ways they were different, all the ways they wouldn’t work, all the ways he’d be left worse off they did. But he couldn’t shake it.

So he gave up.

And now, without the clutter of “what if’s” and “why’s”, his situation somehow got more complicated, more lost. His life with Hyperion was slipping away the more he came to accept this. Everything he ever wanted, everything he ever wanted to be. It was all so distorted now, so foreign, so far out of his reach but yet as close as the sleeping girl by the fire. He didn’t belong at Hyperion anymore, he knew this. But he didn’t belong here either; this world wouldn’t let him survive it.

But he did belong with her.

And, in a way, that was perfect. Because she didn’t belong here either. Not on Pandora, and certainly not on Helios. So they would run. And run, and run, and run. They would run until they found what they were searching for – a vault, riches, a life somewhere away from here. But they wouldn’t be lost. Suddenly, ten million dollars and a vault key deal seemed like a small sacrifice to get where he was now, on this savage rock, right where he belonged. Next to her.

A finger twitched.

He snapped his gaze back to his mechanical hand. Was that him? Or was that… him? Shit. Wrapped up in dreams he forgot this was a nightmare. He could run all he’d like, but he would never be alone, and he would never be with her. He wasn’t just Rhys. He was Handsome Jack too. And he wouldn’t subject her to this. She deserved better than that.

This world deserved better than that.

Was it her anti-Hyperion propaganda getting to him? The way he massacred, the way he tortured. He brought order by bringing chaos. No one here would forgive him for that. She wouldn’t forgive him for that. And no doubt anyone that knew about him would try to make sure it would never happen again, his own life be damned. He was trapped.

A body stirred.

No, he kept his distance for good reason. It wasn’t for his sake - it was for hers. So he would keep telling himself all the ways they were different, all the ways they wouldn’t work, all the ways he’d be left worse off they did. They would end up dead if he didn’t.

This world was trying to kill him. And it would, eventually; it was just biding its time.

• You know what I like in our fics in general? They not pretentious like most Rhyiona ones they acutally have some depth or even ending where the characters won't instatnly end up in bed, in short great work

This World This world was trying to kill him. And it would, eventually; it was just biding its time. Tell him a week ago he’d be stuck

• edited April 2015

Watch out that Rhyiona heretics don't hear you ;)

You know what I like in our fics in general? They not pretentious like most Rhyiona ones they acutally have some depth or even ending where the characters won't instatnly end up in bed, in short great work

• edited April 2015

Alt text

A situation similar to David and Goliath - I believe those who have seen the movie 'Pick of Destiny' know what's this about :)

Sign in to comment in this discussion.