potential reveal that infers who the traitor might be

Maybe I'm just reaching for straws but...

an

Unused voice clips for the end-of-episode-2 preview depict Royland suggesting that Gryff parades into Ironrath like 'a conquering fucking hero' and that he's 'just his father's errand boy'
A response from Maester Ortengryn tells Royland that 'he's much more than that'.

Comments

• key word = unused

• Of all the possible people of the small council I can only see the maester being the traitor (unless Gwynn lied and the source is someone else). Not because the maester is a bad guy, but he might think he's doing the right thing. He was the only one who wanted to bargain with the ironwood, while all the others were totally against it because it's the only power house Forrester has left. But the Ortengryn might believe it's best for the house to keep peace at all cost.

• HiroVoidHiroVoid Moderator

Saying Gryff isn't an errand boy, but a full-blooded Whitehill isn't a suspicious remark to make.

• Figure it's the Maester as well. My hot-headed sentinel is about the only one I completely trust.

I think Duncan is in the clear (he's too key to the stuff at The Wall), but I'm playing the situation extremely close to the vest because Rodrik doesn't know everything I do. The Maester is just prominent enough and seems the sort that thinks pacifism would work in the situation. Everyone else would just seem to hard-to-explain.

VicMasina posted: »

Of all the possible people of the small council I can only see the maester being the traitor (unless Gwynn lied and the source is someone el

• I also have another theory as I mentioned in another thread, but it's a massive spoiler for people who don't know the books or TV show.

Netrigan posted: »

Figure it's the Maester as well. My hot-headed sentinel is about the only one I completely trust. I think Duncan is in the clear (he's to

• One of the Whitehills could be a Warg. Maybe Gryff. Maybe Gwynn herself. That's'so how they can easily listen out in the woods where the secret council nowadays convenes.

VicMasina posted: »

I also have another theory as I mentioned in another thread, but it's a massive spoiler for people who don't know the books or TV show.

• Royland suggesting that Gryff parades into Ironrath like 'a conquering fucking hero' and that he's 'just his father's errand boy' A response from Maester Ortengryn tells Royland that 'he's much more than that'.

That line of dialogue actually does appear in Episode 3. I don't necessarily recall if the same is true for Maester Ortengryn's dialogue or not, but as HiroVoid says, I don't think that implies the Maester knows anything notable about Gryff that the rest of the Council would not already know. That's not to say he can't possibly be the traitor, but I don't think that in particular incriminates him either.

• The maester's remark could also mean that Gryff is (see spoiler above only if you're caught up with the TV show or books) which makes it possible that there is no traitor at all.

Royland suggesting that Gryff parades into Ironrath like 'a conquering fucking hero' and that he's 'just his father's errand boy' A response

• guys, i think its the mother..... recall episode 1

• That doesn't mean anything. They probably though that line would be too revealing so they took it out,

key word = unused

• Not again :/

brassse posted: »

guys, i think its the mother..... recall episode 1

• The Maester has always been a safe bet for the traitor. Unlike Royland or Duncan, he has shown no clear loyalties to House Forrester, so maybe he admires the Whitehills more. This line can certainly point in that direction.

• Yeah, to me it sounds more like a warning that he should not be underestimated.

HiroVoid posted: »

Saying Gryff isn't an errand boy, but a full-blooded Whitehill isn't a suspicious remark to make.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.