How many of you are still watching this show after 506 ending?

Comments

• I am going to keep watching. There have been worse things on the show like Ramsay letting his dogs tear a girl apart, the baby being killed in season 2, Craster's wives being abused by the mutineers, and Theon being tortured to no end

Where was the outcry when these things happened?

• Also that scene comes right from the book just with different character

The feminist's are mostly upset and yes I agree. There probably will be worse scenes. They're upset because HBO ruined a great character. They had her innocence taken away and her strength will be tested. She traumatized now.

• Well at least Reek didn't have to rip her clothes off with a dagger and have to eat her out to get her ready for the rape like he had to do with the fake Arya in the book.

• Every feminazi who is outraged that in Game of Thrones rape occured? This isn't even the worse thing in the show and it isn't even that graphic seeing as the rape was off scene. There is a reason there is a warning before every show, I think the complaining cry babies are just mentally underdeveloped.

• I've been expecting this since I saw Sansa in Winterfell in the S5 trailer. While I feel that GOT does sometimes misuse sexual violence for the point of sensationalism, this was not one of those times

• i havent found it boring. Im enjoying the bits of book history and maneuvering weve been seeing.

Rippo posted: »

I will continue. But this season is so boring imo.

• edited May 2015

but she wasnt raped.... i mean she didnt want to of course but is not like in season two. i mean also how many marriages back then were set up like that and they had to "consummate" the marriage, im sure many girls didnt want to have sex being force to marry someone they didnt know/like

KCohere posted: »

Being raped doesnt make you ruined.

• She WAS raped, dont you know what rape means?

jamex1223 posted: »

but she wasnt raped.... i mean she didnt want to of course but is not like in season two. i mean also how many marriages back then were set

• I thought it was more fans were angry because it did nit happen in the book? There has been plenty of other sciences like that and no body has moaned thus far...

The feminist's are mostly upset and yes I agree. There probably will be worse scenes. They're upset because HBO ruined a great character. They had her innocence taken away and her strength will be tested. She traumatized now.

• True, but is that really fair? Is rape really a crime worse than any other? And would preteding it doesn't exist really be better?

KCohere posted: »

Rape is a touchy subject. People get way more outraged about that than almost anything else.

• Why?

I'm waiting for Anita Sarkeesian to tweet about how disgusted she was by the episode.

• She was not raped. Rape is being forced to have sexual acts without any consent. She willing started undressing herself and bent over for Ramsey.

Sampz posted: »

She WAS raped, dont you know what rape means?

• Or too politically correct.

Wolfeh posted: »

Every feminazi who is outraged that in Game of Thrones rape occured? This isn't even the worse thing in the show and it isn't even that grap

• I won't ever stop watching it. Its one of my favourite shows on TV.

A show of this nature is bound to have scenes like that in it. Sure, they can be disturbing, but at least the show is following the books pretty well.

• Because she wants women to be a protected race in all media. I can picture her saying ,"I'm disgusted that Game of Thrones used mistreatment of women for entertainment".

Seriously, she'll complain whenever someone doesn't agree with her kr, God forbid, points out how flawed her logic really is.

Keupajer posted: »

Why?

• You dont need to physically force someone for it to count as rape, and complying with a psychopaths orders while in fear for you life is NOT the same as giving consent.

She was not raped. Rape is being forced to have sexual acts without any consent. She willing started undressing herself and bent over for Ramsey.

• Im not saying its fair, it just is. A baby got her throat slit in front of her screaming mother and there wasnt a tenth of this outrage.

Keupajer posted: »

True, but is that really fair? Is rape really a crime worse than any other? And would preteding it doesn't exist really be better?

• its a lil tricky, but wouldve it been rape had she gone along with when tyrion and her got married?

A_Great_Guy posted: »

You dont need to physically force someone for it to count as rape, and complying with a psychopaths orders while in fear for you life is NOT the same as giving consent.

• Yes, because she didnt want to have sex with him.

jamex1223 posted: »

its a lil tricky, but wouldve it been rape had she gone along with when tyrion and her got married?

• It's even worse in the books, it just didnt happen to Sansa

sunfell posted: »

I thought it was more fans were angry because it did nit happen in the book? There has been plenty of other sciences like that and no body has moaned thus far...

• Which book and page does this controversial scene take place? People said it's way worse and different, so I just want to know. Thanks

• My thoughts are it was bad. M'kay? But it isn't worse than the tree rape scene from Evil Dead. Regardless of what happens to her, she decides to do it. What matters most is that she was given the choice, and whatever we heard, they had the decency to have the camera shift away. If anything, they should be praising what happened, as well as the actor's portrayal of her character, for showcasing her truly being strong and independent. The character faced a tough choice, and committed to it for her own sake and forward thinking.

Context and the way a scene is presented is everything. To be honest with you, I wouldn't have been surprised if it was in the book. But google says it happened differently, and arguably the scene in the book was worse. However, it's portrayed as dark as it should be viewed. But if you want to go even worse than that(and we all know worse things have happened), contemplate the possibility that they might give us a flashback of what happens to Tysha. That's all I'll say in reference, and it may not be something I'd like to see, but I have full confidence that if they did decide to show it, it would be portrayed as something horrible.

I will. I mean, I have to. It feels like watching all the historical events, both terrible and grand, before the big damn hero shows up, and were it not for those terrible events being shown rather than implied or mentioned, I would be able to say that I've always enjoyed watching the show up till now; however, to me, it is not always entertaining, but repulsive as well. But I have to see what happens next. I just have to.

• What about the time Tyrion killed a hooker? Huh? No complaints? Yeah, that happened.

• You say GoT is boring but have a character from The Hobbit as your profile pic? Whatever...

Rippo posted: »

I will continue. But this season is so boring imo.

• I don't watch the show for rainbows and flowers. I watch it for a sick sense of humanity in a fantasy setting.

It was a tame "rape" to be sure. Back in the day, I imagine, girls probably frequenlty did not want to have sex with men they were betrothed to... But wedding nights are wedding nights. This was... kind of expected to me, I know Ramsay is an absolute sociopath, you can tell in the joy he gets from torture by itself, but nothing out of the ordinary or surprising occurred on Sansa's wedding night.

• I'm not one of those to complain about the scene, but I must say it still wasn't really the ordinary wedding night in Westeros. Sure, men probably often do take the wife without asking on wedding nights, but Ramsay clearly wanted to humiliate both Sansa and Reek in this scene. Making Reek watch, ripping the dress.

• I don't understand why people are going to stop NOW... As disturbing as the scene was, I don't think that it's the worst thing they've ever shown, it didn't show you THE RAPE, it showed you Theon's REACTION to the rape, I was expecting much much worse than what I saw
    It's not like the show hasn't ever done rape before, it's done torture, castration, baby murder, the list goes on
    These people who are going to 'stop' will most likely continue anyway, they're being absolutely RIDICULOUS

• A Dance With Dragons, one of Theon's chapters not 100% sure which one though

Which book and page does this controversial scene take place? People said it's way worse and different, so I just want to know. Thanks

• edited May 2015

Well everybody knows that it's only rape if she says no.

Yes, because she didnt want to have sex with him.

• edited May 2015

Obviously the scene is horrible, but the show reflects that it is horrible. The way it's set up makes it very clear that you as the viewer should be outraged, disgusted and hate Ramsay. There are two issues I have with people's reactions:

First is with the people claiming that they're going to boycott the show, or that it's an affront of women, etc. Did these people read the books? I'm willing to bet some did. The scene is pretty much a copy and paste of what happened to Fake!Arya (Jeyne Poole). If these angry fans didn't stop loving the franchise then, why have they decided to now? Secondly, the rapes occuring at Craster's Keep were FAR more horrible to watch, for two reasons. One, they were very graphic. Two , they were presented in the show's standard "here's your weekly T&A", rather than reflecting the emotional horror of the situation. These fans apparently didn't care much about some nameless female characters being horribly abused, but when it's Sansa, a character they know and love? I'm sorry, but to me that seems very much like the real life version "If it happens to my friend/family, it's wrong, but if it happens to some other woman, I don't care." There's no moral high-ground there.

Then on the other hand, you've got people going "nobody caused an uproar when someone was flayed!" How often are people flayed in real life? Is that a serious problem in any society at the moment? Rape is. Even in societies that consider themselves gender-equal, there is still a lot of rape. That is why it bothers people, because they may have experienced it. Someone they know might have. Some people still try to claim that a woman deserved it. It's far more present and worrying in real life than a lot of the other horrible things GoT has shown. I seriously doubt there's many people at risk of being flayed in real life, or having their head crushed in combat.

• I think it happens to Jeyne Poole in the books indeed.

She's described with bite marks, injures all over her body and stuff.

Damn...

• This whole "Dark Sansa" thing made me LOL

ranger563 posted: »

They treated it like it was a big thing though. Ultimately the show is really inconsistent in its portrayal of Sansa and this new thing is r

• edited May 2015

The same exact thing /minus Reek starring, happened to Dany in the 1st and 2nd episode of the series. That's what happens in arranged marriages, Both parties don't always want to consummate the marriage but they do it anyway. Sansa knew what was going to happen. She didn't want to do it but knew she had to keep their plan going to take back Winterfell. I think they tamed the scene down because it was Sansa.

I think the problem is people are applying real life laws/morals to the Game of thrones universe. In the Game of thrones Universe this wasn't rape or unethical, it was consummating a wedding.
    Was it hard/sad to watch? Sure, it was supposed to be.

• Jesus...

I think it happens to Jeyne Poole in the books indeed. She's described with bite marks, injures all over her body and stuff.

• I'm not going to stop watching the show. I'm too invested already. Anyway, as far as the scene goes, I kind of expected Ramsey would do this and I'd hoped the show would make innuendoes to Ramsey raping her. I could understand the backlash (although the Cersei/Jaime scene in season 4 was visually tough to take). It does not help that the show runners acted that scene was not rape. From what I've read, people brought that up and the fact that it seems like rape is a plot device used as a reason for women to strengthen themselves after being victimized. So I think for some it's not solely the situation/scene, it's a compilation of a theme that some feel is tiresome and trite. And as prevalent as rape is in society, seeing it or even alluding to it will affect people.

• Kenny's return gave PTSD to some people.

You must really like talking about Kenny, huh?

• Equality? Then why arent feminist fighting for female draft, more women in dangerous low paying jobs with high life risk, equality in parenting and disbanding of alemony?

Not going to start a feminist debate, but feminists are people who want 100% equality for everyone, they are just referred to as feminists b

• In the book the girl that replaces Sansa is raped by both Ramsay and a remorseful Theon.

It's even worse in the books, it just didnt happen to Sansa

• I do understand why some people could have been shocked by this scene. I think it's unfair to say that it's just feminists, it doesn't make any sense. People can be sensitive over certain topics more than others and it has nothing to do with being a feminist or anything else. I did find this scene horrible though I admit there are other horrible scenes in the show. At first I thought it was okay because It was in the story after all, but I just read that this scene isn't actually in the books so they didn't need to go that far.

Anyway, though I did find this scene unsettling, it won't stop me from continuing to watch the show.

• This scene is in the books, it just happens to another character and it goes much farther. The sticking point is that its Sansa, a well known character, instead of a little known character like in the book

Mary5 posted: »

I do understand why some people could have been shocked by this scene. I think it's unfair to say that it's just feminists, it doesn't make

Sign in to comment in this discussion.