Will you kill _____ if given a chance in episode 4?

edited May 2015 in Game Of Thrones

So, after seeing episode 4's trailer, the ending really gives off a vibe that we will have a choice to kill Gryff or not. So I was curious, what will you do with Gryff if given the choice?

http://strawpoll.me/4419811

Comments

• It's better to imprison him. Maybe we could use him as a bargaining chip with the Whitehills. Killing him would probably result in Ryon's death and full on war.

• Every fiber of my being wants to kill him, but I have to use him as a hostage if I want to get Ryon back. And if that doesn't work...

Alt text

• Depends on the situation: if for some reason Lord Whitehill and his men are disposed or if Gryff is likely to kill one of the other characters if you don't get rid of him, then I'd probably kill him. Otherwise though, I'd have to keep him alive :(

• As stupid and suicidal it will be, I won't kill Gryff if I can avoid it. I show mercy at every opportunity possible in TTGs, no matter what.

• If we don't have Ryon back, I'd keep him alive in order to trade hostages. If we do have Ryon back, keep him as a hostage for Whitehill behaviour. As much as I'd like him dead if we outright murder him I think it'd give the Whitehills the excuse they want to cry to House Bolton and clean our clocks.

• Nice guys finish last in the game of thrones.

fayescarlet posted: »

As stupid and suicidal it will be, I won't kill Gryff if I can avoid it. I show mercy at every opportunity possible in TTGs, no matter what.

• No, I will not, if possible.

Gryff has been petulant so far, but he hasn't spilled anyone's blood in his stay. If he does kill someone next episode, before we surround him, then yes, he'll die.

• I really don't think the situation with the Elite Guard will play out as nicely as it does in the trailer.

• No , because that's really stupid

The smart move would be to take him as a hostage or something like that

• Better to have a bargaining chip than have no leverage at all

Nice guys finish last in the game of thrones.

• Perhaps the dilemma of that situation will be that the Glenmores want to kill Gryff right there whereas for Rodrik it would be better to keep him as hostage (because Whitehills have Ryon).

HelloMyLord posted: »

No , because that's really stupid The smart move would be to take him as a hostage or something like that

• Alt text

• I'm not really playing GoT but if I was, I probably would keep him alive. Like everyone else is saying it he's more useful alive than dead. But what about the traitor? If Gryff is in contact with the traitor, there could be a problem with keeping him alive.

• I love Gryff, so I'm not killing him.

• You're not playing GoT but your profile pic is Asher? ...Okay :)

BeastInside posted: »

I'm not really playing GoT but if I was, I probably would keep him alive. Like everyone else is saying it he's more useful alive than dead.

• Haha. My favorite character from Telltale GoT is Asher.

You're not playing GoT but your profile pic is Asher? ...Okay

• Taking him hostage, but I totally want to beat him around a bit.:P " I told you before...I AM the Lord of this house! punch to the face Now get this fourth born out of my sight, and make sure it's a rough trip [Insert Elaena's brother's name]"

• Nah, not if i can help it. I know its pretty unpopular, but he and gwyn brought up some good points. House Forrester is in shambles, they are too proud for their own good and peace is the only way they'll survive (for now). He also hasnt really done anything to piss me off to much. We'll see if that changes in episode 4.

• edited June 2017

• I agree with this.

Perhaps the dilemma of that situation will be that the Glenmores want to kill Gryff right there whereas for Rodrik it would be better to keep him as hostage (because Whitehills have Ryon).

• Heres what I think will happen, after noticing that the plot seems to go a certain way, regardless of choices. I think what "choice" you make when Gryff, the outcome will be the same. Maybe you say "Kill him", but then your mother or the Glemores say, well maybe thats not the best idea, and then bla bla.

• at moment when Elaena's brother ask "what are your orders?" I will tell them to shoot him, only to see him die for my satisfaction (if it will be possible), then I will just restart check point, and keep him as hostage :P

• ...killing Gryff would accomplish little else than purging the Whitehills from Ironwrath. Better to keep him as a political hostage, then watch the Whitehills go running to the Boltons for help...only to be told they can't keep control.

Besides, keeping Gryff alive provides a bargaining chip for Ryon, keeps Lord Whitehill from attacking preemptively, and maintains a smart relationship with Gwyn's diplomatic ideas.

...none of this matters, though, as Roderick will be betrayed in the throne room by his own archers, much like a very infamous scene from the television show.

• Sure, I wonder how he will be when he is imprisoned.

• Cut his balls off

• Lol like Ludd cares about Gryff, most disposable son in family

• Since my only other option was to use him as a hostage, I had to go with that one for the poll, but really I'd do with him what tends to be done in these situations: reduce his value as he stands in his father's eyes without necessarily killing him. So, maybe cut off a thumb so he can't hold a sword, or cut out his tongue so he can't give orders - something like that. I wonder if psychological breaking is also a route in this game; Stockholm Syndrome him perhaps?

• I would spare him... and then kill him if he betrays that act of mercy. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.

• Dude, nobody can resist magnificent Asher grin.

You're not playing GoT but your profile pic is Asher? ...Okay

• Idont think we should kill him cuz if we did they will kill ryon so its better to take him as hostage

• edited May 2015

10/10 IGN
    But what if the game saves when u kill him and u cant go back D:

BearlyJo posted: »

at moment when Elaena's brother ask "what are your orders?" I will tell them to shoot him, only to see him die for my satisfaction (if it will be possible), then I will just restart check point, and keep him as hostage :P

• It seems like it would be a mistake to kill him unless Ryon was back under Forrester control. You kill Gryff, Ludd kills Ryon. Much better to trade him for Ryon. Then you can just attack the Whitehills and kill them all later.

• Gryff doesn't really deserve to die imho. He's a bit of a prick--reminds me of pre-Reek Theon Greyjoy--but he hasn't done anything truly awful yet, he's just been a bit domineering. Judging by his reaction if Rodrik stands up to him, he seems to have a bit of a bullied/inferiority complex thing going on.

So no, if it comes to it, I'm not gonna kill him. I'll trade him, unharmed, for Ryon. Fourthborn for a fourthborn seems fair to me. Maybe we'll be able to persuade Ludd to get out of our section of the forest too.

• ill spare him, trade him for ryon

• And feed them to the goats.

Cut his balls off

• He will be my prisoner until Ryon is returned; but, this will piss off the Glenmore brother.

• No my opinion is that the glenmores are helping gryff because boltons keeps hostage elaenas father and in other words rodrik is fucked

• Gryff's men will turn on him if you stood up to him. I think this because he starts getting harsh with them as shown at the end of episode 3 when talking to Talia.

• There are no goats here, Halfman

And feed them to the goats.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.