I'm really pissed off about the trailer for episode 4

Comments

• Who knows?

BullseyeRey posted: »

Finn just reported what he saw.

• The trailer got me really excited for the next episode but it was WAY TMI!! I also wish I didn't watch it. Trying to delete it from my memory now

• Yup, don't let your guard down guys!

No offense, but that's what you think, (I also think of that as well), we don't know if we could kill/spare Gryff. Yes I know, the trailer s

• Oh I definitely want the Forresters to win in the end. But it seems like it might be a bit too early for things to really turn in their favor. Plus seeing that scene, and that tweet, it just sort of feels like things have to fall apart. The whole thing reminds me of Ned in the throne room, when the Gold Cloaks turned on him.

We are getting closer to the end, it makes sense that the Forresters would start winning and getting the upperhand at this point. Or are you saying you wanted the Forrester to lose and get killed off?

• edited May 2015

What an idiotic reply.

Trailers are MEANT to be watched safely and make you eager to watch/play the movie/game by delivering just enough content without giving away crucial elements of the plot.

"Should have not watched it" is what you say to someone who watched a playthrough and then complains about being spoiled, NOT teasers. Teasers and trailers are supposed to be perfectly safe, or it's a huge fail of a trailer. Failed trailers can literally ruin a movie for the watcher.

I already feel disappointed to know in advance that, for instance, we will be in position to threaten Gryff with our allies already in this episode. This would have been a nice surprise that I'd have loved to discover in-game.

I wonder what went through the head of Telltale people, talk about wasting great elements of surprise.

Should have not watched it! S.I.M.P.L.E

• [removed]

sunfell posted: »

You didn't have to watch it...

• edited May 2015

Its not that bad. 1 min out of a 2+ hour episode it's looking like.

What an idiotic reply. Trailers are MEANT to be watched safely and make you eager to watch/play the movie/game by delivering just enough

• Honestly it didn't spoil too much. Trailers are often misleading I'm sure there are lots of surprises in store for us in Sons of Winter

• edited May 2015

Since you are familliar with Telltales way you would know that they reveal some stuff in the trailers, so you probably shouldn't have watched it!

Also, i find it very amusing, even though i preddicted this would happen, that so many people bitched about the trailer taking too long and now everyone bitches about the trailer being way to spoilery!

I personally didn't think it almost revealed anything we didn't already see or know except the Glenmore army and the capture of Gryff which is almost nothing, and there has been many times when the trailers are misleading! We didn't even see half the characters that are gonna be in this episode!

[Mod edit: Redacted]

What an idiotic reply. Trailers are MEANT to be watched safely and make you eager to watch/play the movie/game by delivering just enough

• This has nothing to do with the duration, it's all about the content.

I'm not saying either that this episode is already ruined for me or something.

But I know already that Elaena's brother and people coming to our rescue is something I'd definitely have wanted to find out in-game, not in the effing trailer. Something that would have made me jump from excitation during the episode, instead the surprise is wasted and I know it will happen no matter what and that's disappointing and frustrating.

Wigams posted: »

Its not that bad. 1 min out of a 2+ hour episode it's looking like.

• I rest my case, and actually, monsieur, I never insulted you as a person, "idiotic" was aimed at your comment, not at you. There IS a difference. Rich that you're accusing me of being overdefensive, grow a skin my good fellow.

Since you are familliar with Telltales way you would know that they reveal some stuff in the trailers, so you probably shouldn't have watche

• edited May 2015

Dont forget that we are still going to Highpoint and what will you do with Gryff may be crucial to our survival.

• This trailer makes us think that everything is gonna be so nice... I can smell it, the smell of bullshit.

• Dont forget that we are still going to Highpoint and what will you do with Gryff may be crucial to our survival.

• Im just thinking that there will a lot more surprises in store for you during the episode. What they showed you will be nothing compared to what happens I bet.

I rest my case, and actually, monsieur, I never insulted you as a person, "idiotic" was aimed at your comment, not at you. There IS a difference. Rich that you're accusing me of being overdefensive, grow a skin my good fellow.

• [removed]

I rest my case, and actually, monsieur, I never insulted you as a person, "idiotic" was aimed at your comment, not at you. There IS a difference. Rich that you're accusing me of being overdefensive, grow a skin my good fellow.

• BTW, Dat Profile picture tho /:3

SoMuchSass posted: »

Yup, don't let your guard down guys!

• Remember that GoT is 6 episodes, not 5 like other Telltale games. We still have two more episodes after episode 4. I'm not sure it's close enough to the end to turn the tide so swiftly.

You are just being paranoid. It was obvious we'd get the opportunity to kick Gryff out of House Forrester eventually. We are nearing the end here people.

• Please try to behave and keep the conversation civil as opposed to lashing out at people. Thanks.

Since you are familliar with Telltales way you would know that they reveal some stuff in the trailers, so you probably shouldn't have watche

• I kept it as civil as possible ser... as a matter of fact i ended it, so.... but i'll do as you say!

Please try to behave and keep the conversation civil as opposed to lashing out at people. Thanks.

• (⌐■_■) (≧◡≦) :D

BTW, Dat Profile picture tho /:3

• This could turn into another The Wolf Among us ending where the bad guy has a chance to speak for himself and then he gets the allies to turn on you.

Fuck, if they killed Rodrik then I would feel like someone dropped 2000 pounds on my shoulder.

I think it would be a pretty good plot twist if you choose your option, and then Gryff interrupts you by ordering Glenmore to arrest you, then they turn their weapons on you.

• Snape kills Dumbledore

To all those saying they should not have watched it: A trailer shouldn't be spoilery like this. Blaming them for watching it isn't fair a

• Spoilers dont bother me that much. If i choose to watch a trailer, i know im going to see stuff thats in the game. Its never ruined the game for me, since i forget half of whst was in the trailer anyway, lol. I just remember being hyped up and excited.

• I interpreted that they went Craster's but Gared tried abandoning and he was caught. That's why he was thrown in the cell.

AronDracula posted: »

What pissed me off much is that Gared gets punished no matter what you did to Britt because of that asshole Finn.

• You got that SaaS? :D

SoMuchSass posted: »

(⌐■_■) (≧◡≦)

• Darth Vader is Luke's father.

Senrain posted: »

Snape kills Dumbledore

• I don't think Telltale would spoil too much, that means something we don't expect is going to happen.

• I'm not sure I get what you mean :D

You got that SaaS?

• reminds me of the episode 3 trailer for the walking dead season 2, at the end of the trailer it showed kenny standing over someone and says "Go on, you don't need to see this" practically confirmed carvers death.

• Jesus dies.

Pipas posted: »

Darth Vader is Luke's father.

• I just have my fingers crossed that the episode doesn't play out as straightforward as the trailer makes it seem.

• Check your ADHD privilege, some of us do have long term memory.

KCohere posted: »

Spoilers dont bother me that much. If i choose to watch a trailer, i know im going to see stuff thats in the game. Its never ruined the game

• Lee dies.

Jesus dies.

• Ned Stark dies.

TheCatWolf posted: »

Lee dies.

• We all die, eventually...

To all those saying they should not have watched it: A trailer shouldn't be spoilery like this. Blaming them for watching it isn't fair a

• 1) The trailer was good, but for some reason I didn't feel OMG OMG YEAHHH!! Dunno why.. Maybe cause i'd just finished playing episodes 1, 2, and 3 of Life is Strange and am at present emotionally drained.. Such a good game!

2) The trailer may have been a bit full of spoils.. Example.. Roderick and said "What are your orders" .. That kinda erk'd me to some extent, as I was hoping to have him defeating so and so being a surprise.. I didn't want to know how it would happen, or that he would ally with those guards, I didn't want to know that he would get the upper hand like that.. Even if there is a surprise to come in that scene.. meh.. spoiled.. and if that is the big finish.. I'll be dissapointed.

Even so.. I am still looking forward to said release! I truly wish the gameplay time was increased to 5 hrs.. But, I'll play it all over again for the 3rd time to make up for it.. :D

Thumbs up for 5 hour episode plays!! :D:D:D:D In total that would of made the season 30 hrs for episodes 1-6. A solid game play.

• Also, did anyone else noticed how emontionless the Glenmore guy looks as he asks "What're your orders?". Kinda feels like it's gonna be a different scene ingame...

That1Guy posted: »

Only thing that pisses me off is all the people in its comment section complaining about the lack of TWD -.-

• Only thing that pisses me off is all the people in its comment section complaining about the lack of TWD -.-

• oh no! I watched a trailer, and there are spoilers in it! I didn't expect that at all!

why telltale? wHY?!

Sign in to comment in this discussion.