How many of you are still watching this show after 506 ending?

Comments

• There is also the fact that Sansa's storyline at the current point in the book is about her becoming a player in the politics, gaining agency and stop being a victim.

Now I am hoping that this is also the case for Sansa in the show.

KCohere posted: »

This scene is in the books, it just happens to another character and it goes much farther. The sticking point is that its Sansa, a well known character, instead of a little known character like in the book

• There are lots of ways to keep from being a victim and not being able to stop yourself from being physically attacked doesnt take away from that. We havent yet seen how Sansa deals with this. I believe she is still a strong person and will keep on surviving. I for one am still rooting for her.

herkles posted: »

There is also the fact that Sansa's storyline at the current point in the book is about her becoming a player in the politics, gaining agency and stop being a victim. Now I am hoping that this is also the case for Sansa in the show.

• Almost everywhere i see the dude post, he's talking about Kenny.

Kenny's return gave PTSD to some people.

• The people complaining do not, in fact, watch the show at all. If they did, they would know that Khal Drogo actually raped Daenerys in episode 1. The only difference is that she learned to love him and make him happy. Yea, thats how her story begins.

They would also know that this is a world where women aren't people, they are property. They are property of their father until they get married, and then they are property of their husband. What do you think a husband wants to do with his wife on his wedding night?

So why should I listen to the complaining of people who are uneducated on the subject matter that they are complaining about?

• I feel you put it best.

ranger563 posted: »

...sorry, the problem isn't that rape was depicted onscreen, the problem is that Sansa was supposed to start developing her character this s

• I always find it interesting how people always try to apply our current modern day values and philosophies to completely different settings.

Not saying what Ramsay did was right by any means, it's just that's what was expected. Just like how it's expected that a noble can't marry some random commoner off the street without harsh repercussions.

HeroStevyn posted: »

The people complaining do not, in fact, watch the show at all. If they did, they would know that Khal Drogo actually raped Daenerys in epis

• I'm still watching it. Anyone who actually stopped watching it because of one scene is just stupid.

• Why would people hate on Mr. Grey having comsensual BDSM sex with Anna?

Makes no sense.

Anna wanted it — so it isn't abuse.

• edited May 2015

Of course I am still watching the show. You are all being ridiculous and annoying. The scene wasn't that horrible at all. Sure, it was not pleasant, but let's be real here. In this show we have seen decapitations, murders, heads exploding, rape that wasn't shown through someone's face expression and much worse. WE SAW A DIREWOLF'S HEAD BEING SEWN ONTO A MAN'S DEAD BODY AND a LITTLE ROUGH SEX IS WHAT YOU COMPLAIN ABOUT?! Just don't. And stop trying to make Black wedding happen, it's not going to happen!

P.S. I didn't hear you complaining when Daenerys was being raped by Khal f*****g Drogo, and that was in the scene, you saw it. Everything. Every single one of her tears. So what, Sansa was being watched by Theon, aka Reek, but she is still in a better position than Daenerys was in the beginning.

P.P.S. Things like this and mush worse happened constantly through out history, so shut up!

• Either way it's abuse and shouldn't be okay.

Why would people hate on Mr. Grey having comsensual BDSM sex with Anna? Makes no sense. Anna wanted it — so it isn't abuse.

• Why do you have to be so rude and call everyone names? This is supposed to be a civil discussion lol. Not everyone here had an issue with it. If we're all ridiculous and annoying for stating our opinions then so be it :)

IbaMelly posted: »

Of course I am still watching the show. You are all being ridiculous and annoying. The scene wasn't that horrible at all. Sure, it was not p

• It's not abuse.

Do you know the bdsm lifestyle?

Either way it's abuse and shouldn't be okay.

• I can understand where you were going with this with how worse things have happened and that is true.

But are you fucking kidding me, A little rough sex.

That was not, A little rough sex. That was rape.

Personally I did find the scene horrible, it's not ridiculous. Some people aren't comfortable with watching that. And that's fine, I understand.

Whether we've seen it before or not, rape is still rape. It's awful, and happens in real life. It's not A little rough sex. How would you feel if you were a victim to rape and some said. ''Don't worry just a bit of rough sex people are getting murdered.''

So, even though I will continue watching the show. I can understand why others won't.

Honestly, that was a stupid thing to say.

I apologise for the rant but please. Think before you express opinions on the internet.

IbaMelly posted: »

Of course I am still watching the show. You are all being ridiculous and annoying. The scene wasn't that horrible at all. Sure, it was not p

• We did think before we posted opinions which made the discussion possible. And it's okay :)

PigeonPie posted: »

I can understand where you were going with this with how worse things have happened and that is true. But are you fucking kidding me, A l

• Yes of course I know it and seen the movie. I personally not that much of a fan of it lol.

It's not abuse. Do you know the bdsm lifestyle?

• I'm not calling you names. I'm sorry if you understood it that way. If I were, I would say that you were all idiots (which I do NOT) and not that you are being annoying.

Why do you have to be so rude and call everyone names? This is supposed to be a civil discussion lol. Not everyone here had an issue with it. If we're all ridiculous and annoying for stating our opinions then so be it

• edited May 2015

By writing a little rough sex I wanted to highlight that what happened to Sansa is not as bad considering what happened to some other characters. I never said the scene was ridiculous, I only meant that the people who are bashing on it so much are. Of course rape is awful, I expressed myself the wrong way, but I am just annoyed by people making such a big deal out of it. I'm not saying that rape by itself is not a big deal, but looking at all that has happened in the show, people shouldn't be so angry. I'm sorry you got it that way.

PigeonPie posted: »

I can understand where you were going with this with how worse things have happened and that is true. But are you fucking kidding me, A l

• Oberyn's head exploded. 

XD

• edited May 2015

The one thing I've noticed is it seems like it's mostly female viewers hating it (Based off the articles I've read). I get that maybe it is a touchier subject for women, but come on plenty worse has happened in this series as others have said and I'm sure alot more bad things will happen in the series before it ends. I mean we saw Theon tortured and not nearly as many people had a problem with that. I guess maybe it's because people still think of Sansa as a kid? I don't know, ethier way I was fine with and plan on continuing to watch the show because I love it and is the best show on tv IMO.

• Personally, I am able to tolerate it because it fits into context, but that does not make it easy, or pleasent for that matter, to watch.

• AWESOMEOAWESOMEO Banned
    edited May 2015

How do people completely ignore the Dothraki rape scenes in season one, yet only start their banter when a beautiful white woman is raped? Where were they then? Hypocrites.

No, it is not too far. Nothing's too far when it comes to fucking fiction. I will watch the show to the very end, nothing on TV fazes me - because it's just a fucking TV show... a very good one at that.

• I personally am fine with it, since I don't watch the show and it sounds like the scene fit with the story.

However, it's yet another reason why I don't like the show - it deviates from the books way too much.

• Alt text

AWESOMEO posted: »

How do people completely ignore the Dothraki rape scenes in season one, yet only start their banter when a beautiful white woman is raped? W

• Theon was almost raped himself, and that was more graphic (beaten, held down and his pants pulled off while he screamed) but i guess because people dont like him, and dare i say it, because hes a man, it didnt seem to mean as much to fans.

The one thing I've noticed is it seems like it's mostly female viewers hating it (Based off the articles I've read). I get that maybe it is

• Well, i wouldnt say that people didnt react. Whenever there is any kind of rape scene everyone reacts. Those just died down as i think this will eventually, but i understand why people had to express their feelings about it. These kinds of things should be talked about and not hidden, but the worse thing that ever happened on the show? No.

AWESOMEO posted: »

How do people completely ignore the Dothraki rape scenes in season one, yet only start their banter when a beautiful white woman is raped? W

• Im sure youve heard this argument before but how else can they adapt thousands of pages of material into ten episodes per season?

Lingvort posted: »

I personally am fine with it, since I don't watch the show and it sounds like the scene fit with the story. However, it's yet another reason why I don't like the show - it deviates from the books way too much.

• edited May 2015

Fair point, but adapting from a book doesn't mean deviating from it to a point where almost nothing is the same.

Although, granted, they could "adapt" it by throwing 50% of the story and characters away, which they don't seem to be doing. Not that such an extent, at least.

Im sure youve heard this argument before but how else can they adapt thousands of pages of material into ten episodes per season?

• There is a lot different but there is a lot thats the same too. All theyre doing is taking book storylines and just readapting them with different characters, and eliminating a lot of the extraneous plots and characters that would just confuse tv only fans. Personally, i find it more enjoyable not quite knowing whats going to happen but ymmv.

Lingvort posted: »

Fair point, but adapting from a book doesn't mean deviating from it to a point where almost nothing is the same. Although, granted, they

• Everyone except the feminazis lol

• I don't know if people are over-reacting. If people genuinely stop watching the show, they probably are, but I would never blame them for that. I have a friend who couldn't watch Sons of Anarchy because it has rape scenes in it (apparently). She possibly had some experience in the past that caused her to be sensitive to that. I have a friend who quit GOT because of what happened to Oberyn last season (without saying too much). I feel like they've shown enough for people to expect the worst, but some people just can't handle it. I still watch the show because I feel like I've seen worse anyway.

• edited May 2015

I didn't see episode 6 yet, but it happens in book 5, somewhere in the middle in one of Theon's chapters. Ramsey orders Theon to help, to which Theon replies he is not able to ( since you know....), so Ramsey demands he helps in another way....... It was not written very graphical, but it was one of the more disturbing things to read.

Which book and page does this controversial scene take place? People said it's way worse and different, so I just want to know. Thanks

• Actually from what I can tell by reading chapter by chapter analysis of 50 shades by a person from the BDSM lifestyle (because I'm a freak who likes to read people over evaluate and analyze bad literature), people in the lifestyle hate 50 shades because it ignores all of the basic rules of safe, sane, and consensual.

He ignore's Ana's request or even hesitancy to do the things she's not comfortable with, insist he knows better, his submissive contract is actually a slave contract, and he terrifies her and she becomes afraid to make him angry.

But true, I am not of the lifestyle and what I know is just from the analysis I've read online, though I've heard the criticism of that before too.

It's not abuse. Do you know the bdsm lifestyle?

• I completely understand that, some things are too hard to watch (i still cover my eyes during the Oberyn death scene). What i have a problem with is people saying that some things shouldnt be shown or shouldnt happen just because it bothers them personally. We all know what kind of show we're watching and the circumstances that the characters are living in.

I don't know if people are over-reacting. If people genuinely stop watching the show, they probably are, but I would never blame them for th

• in my opinion anyone who takes offence to what happened to sansa (sp?) shouldn't be watching in the first place. After all, it is game of thrones. Bad things happen to good people. HBO didn't take it too far, and those who think they did don't know what they are talking about. it's not like they showed the entire scene in detail. go watch the disney channel or something if your offended by thegame of thrones universe lol

• please tell me you're joking.

Well everybody knows that it's only rape if she says no.

• I've never heard of anyone saying GoT is horrific when there was that scene where a Dothraki woman was straight out raped - whereas we didn't even see Sansa being raped - just Theon sobbing.

I guess it's ok for people to find this as "shocking", but it's not a reason to stop watching the show if you've been watching it all the way through season 1, that would just mean that you only give a shit when the woman being raped is pretty and innocent... this show is far from innocent or family-friendly, they should have seen things like this coming :P

Well, i wouldnt say that people didnt react. Whenever there is any kind of rape scene everyone reacts. Those just died down as i think this

• I guess people are shocked that, what is in essence, rape.. ACTUALLY HAPPENS! .. Who knew...

God forbid a tv show actually be realistic.. I mean.. HOW DARE THEY! THAT STUFF NEVER HAPPENS!!!

Lol.. I mean.. It was a good episode, so people just need to stfu.. Seriously.. It is a tv show, trying to be dramatically real within it's own universe.. People can be both the best ANDDD the worst.. What? Did you expect Game of Thrones not to show some of the darker aspects of humanity? (hardly the worst by any means) I mean.. Common.. You know what show it is your watching, right? PEOPLE ARE WAY TO SENSITIVE! It is a TV Show!! Feel bad for her character, feel angry at Ramsey for having done this.. Sure.. But it is a TV Show.. And it is a great story-telling experience! So.. relax! Don't like it.. Well.. Heck! What were you doing all this time watching the show in the first place! Did you forget all the stuff that has already happened!? This is hardly the worst thing.. Not even the worst done to a woman in the show.. So.. common.. Remember the devil child king and the 2 prostitutes?? Crossbow? ding ding ding!

I could understand outrage if this happened and it wasn't fiction.. In fact.. Why don't all these super-sensitive people go speak of their outrage to actual real life stuff that is taking place.. Make a donation, get active, Join some effort to make a difference.. But yelling at a fictional event and huffing and puffing about a scene of realism.. Just.. enough! Lol.. Your only serving to make yourself STUPID!

• After all the atrocities inflicted upon the characters so far, I find it surprising that people find this specific scene that offending (Especially when you don't even get to see it). I mean, it's fine if it's the last straw for you and you decided you had enough of the series being merciless with the cast but, (I know some people might think it's an horrible way to say it and I apologize in advance), it's only rape Sansa had to go through. In no way, does it make it acceptable, let's be clear. However, it could have been much worse if Ramsay decided to 'hunt' her before ending up with a flaying. Don't forget, it's Ramsay we're talking about.

• GET READY FOR EPISODE 7 MOTHAFUCKAS!!!!!!! I BET EVERYONE WHO SAID THEY WOULDN'T KEEP WATCHING ARE WATCHING TONIGHT! ONLY 19 MINUTES TO GO!

• Sansa getting raped is unforgivable and unwatchable, but Theon being tortured and emasculated and Robb's pregnant wife getting stabbed in the stomach multiple times are easy to watch?

Seriously, guys?

Sign in to comment in this discussion.