Is Beshka a lesbian?

Comments

• She can also refer to him as a friend in the tavern as well.

JakeSt123 posted: »

Beskha can refer to Asher as 'little brother', so I think their relationship is strictly platonic.

• edited February 2015

Because she is a tomboy, a fighter and a bit brutish, its assumed she is gay?

Well, to be honest, yeah, and I don't see what's so terrible with it. She seems to fit a certain stereotype, namely the butch-fem or whatever it's called, so that plus the comment about the whores, it's not like it's such a total shot in the dark. The same way a particularly effeminate man makes one's gaydar tingle until we find out what's what.
    And this is completely independent of one's opinion about homosexuality. Homosexuals themselves make such assumptions based on stereotypes when trying to determine the sexual orientation of someone. That's just how the brain works. What you do then with these stereotypes when it comes to interacting with the person is a complete other matter.

At this point (mere assumption), nothing wrong with it and nothing insulting to anyone.
    Regardless of the sexual orientation thing, Beskha certainly isn't the average woman. It's not an insult to women to note that most aren't that physically impressive in height and musculature, nor medieval fight-style material.

Jere85 posted: »

I hate sounding like a feminist, but cmon. Because she is a tomboy, a fighter and a bit brutish, its assumed she is gay? I find that a little insulting to women.

• edited February 2015

Gotta give myopinion don't give a damn shit if she's lesb or no , didn't itend to play the romantic with her + she consider Asher like her litttle brother and that means he 's brotherzoned

• edited February 2015

I thought she wanted Asher to [REDACTED FOR HORRIBLE PHRASING].

• Mira confirmed gay.

Idk. Isn't the term "Lesbo" kinda frowned upon... I'm gay, and it doesn't offend me, but I know some lesbians who don't like to be referred to as a "lesbo." I honestly don't think OP meant anything though.

• Yes, it is frowned upon.

Idk. Isn't the term "Lesbo" kinda frowned upon... I'm gay, and it doesn't offend me, but I know some lesbians who don't like to be referred to as a "lesbo." I honestly don't think OP meant anything though.

• Beshka seems over the top for a GoT character.

• Why would you even care? I mean, it's not that it is relevant in the stoy in any way

• Really? I mean GRRM has characters with three pointed blue beards and all other kinds of crazy stuff :D

Vlish posted: »

Beshka seems over the top for a GoT character.

• Um, how?

there's literally nothing unusual about her except that she's a woman who fights, and there are a fair few of them in GoT.

• For essoss she isnt really.

• Falls on my sword 73 times...

Alt text

Duruial posted: »

If i have the chance, Asher will totally reciprocate. Especially since he will need a new lover to console him after Gwyn's accident (The upcoming one where she falls on my sword 73 times)

• Alt text

This is GoT. "Loving" your brother isn't totally out of question, to be fair. Lol.

• VlishVlish Banned
    edited February 2015

Yeah, but they're different. I have trouble suspending disbelief when seeing the battle-axe wielding barbarian female type in purportedly 'realistic' fantasy settings.

Flog61 posted: »

Um, how? there's literally nothing unusual about her except that she's a woman who fights, and there are a fair few of them in GoT.

• none of your concern

Endrik posted: »

Why would you even care? I mean, it's not that it is relevant in the stoy in any way

• Ánd she says that she's no stranger to pain. Getting whipped alot?

baroqueout posted: »

Honestly, given this is Meereen we're talking about, I think it's more likely that Beskha is an escaped slave, and that's why she's worried about going back.

• Reminds me of Dean from Supernatural series. Getting torn apart in Hell over and over again, only to be whole with the snap of two fingers and the whole process begins again!

Arrowtic posted: »

I think you should read comics named "I Vampire" . In one issue , the protagonist(who is a vampire with magical powers = badass) cuts every

• To me, the question implies that the whores she was was referring to as "the best" must be women. Honestly I wouldn't be surprised if that was mostly the case in real life, but it sounds a little sexist to me. Who says men can't be good whores?

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/ba/51/5d/ba515dbcd081cfb6777383fd1b9d778a.jpg

steenug posted: »

I think, if anything, it says more about the people who reacted than it does about the OP. If they asked if Mira was gay, would people ge

• I really doubt it, and personally don't care much if she is.

On the other hand, I also find it pretty sad that some people (not necessarily you, loveyoucarley) try to make up some angle on a character, usually based on very weak evidence, in order to work them into some shallow fantasy.

Also, if a woman is seen as "tough", must she also be reduced to a sexual object by men she's not attracted to?

• You're being a bit dramatic don't you think?

Katalept posted: »

I really doubt it, and personally don't care much if she is. On the other hand, I also find it pretty sad that some people (not necessari

• I thought she was? Relatable seem to be going out of their way to make her and adhere relationship more disorderly and brotherly. (Not lannister ish obviously).

• I hope she is... Because EQUALISAM... Also her and Asher need to stay friends... Whether or not she is gay, shes still a cool character...

• I've never really understood why it is, to be honest. I mean, I don't use it, but it's just a silly contraction of a word, not an offensive slur,

Hell, it's one letter off being Lesbos, which is pretty much the origin of the word "lesbian". Very strange.

Yes, it is frowned upon.

• Friends... but... Asher/Beskha ;(

I hope she is... Because EQUALISAM... Also her and Asher need to stay friends... Whether or not she is gay, shes still a cool character...

• edited April 2015

They can bone, but not get married or start a love relationship and instead stay friends.

AgentZ46 posted: »

Friends... but... Asher/Beskha ;(

• "They can bone" XD I just really want them together but I understand why you want them to be friends.

They can bone, but not get married or start a love relationship and instead stay friends.

• Idk, but I'd like a romance with her and Asher.

• Yes! it must happen BELIEVE!!! sorry I just really want Asher/Beskha to happen.

naik posted: »

Idk, but I'd like a romance with her and Asher.

• edited April 2015

"We can get the best whores" - Beskha

ALTERNATE OPTION

"Why should we hire the best whores when we got each other?"

Alt text

• It's just a matter of how the word is used. Just as the "N" word is frowned upon because it's used in a derogatory term towards black people and just as how the word "faggot" is used as a derogatory term against gay people. It's because of the meaning people associate it with.

J_E_K posted: »

I've never really understood why it is, to be honest. I mean, I don't use it, but it's just a silly contraction of a word, not an offensive

• Got to apologise for sounding Feminist when the majority of Feminists nowadays are hypocrites and can't decide what they want!

steenug posted: »

Never apologize for sounding feminist.

• I also got a lesbian vibe when she talked about whores... I kind of hope that she is and that we could see some nice lesbian romance in it even if it would be with a whore :D

• I don't care.

I'd totally ship her with Asher, though.

• Yes! Asher/Beskha I want it!

FishySticks posted: »

I don't care. I'd totally ship her with Asher, though.

• So she ain't a lesbo?

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator

Why do you keep editing the title? The term "lesbo" is offensive to some people so please stop changing it.

So she ain't a lesbo?

• Because it's THEIR problem if they are offended when they have no reason to be.

OzzyUK posted: »

Why do you keep editing the title? The term "lesbo" is offensive to some people so please stop changing it.

• Would you say it's a black person's fault if they become annoyed/upset if someone called them the N word?

Because it's THEIR problem if they are offended when they have no reason to be.

• Its a word on a screen not intended to be offensive.
    If they get upset over it they need thicker skin. Seriously. With a petty self-victim issue.
    I'm a lesbian. I see people use dyke and lesbo, its words.

Would you say it's a black person's fault if they become annoyed/upset if someone called them the N word?

• I wouldn't be surprised if her lady parts have been mutilated by her slave master in mehreen. just like the unsullied were castrated.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.