How'd you guys handle Beskha before Meereen?

I know it doesn't seem like it's gonna be a big deal, plot wise.

But during Beskhas fight with Asher, what did you guys do? Did you guys dodge all her attacks? Did you fight back? Or did you guys just let her wail on you?

I had my Asher dodge a couple hits but over all I just let her pound me without fighting back. This part of the game was probaly one of my favorite. Thought it was a good bit of story telling

Comments

• I actually let her wail on me. I don't fight friends or family. I was rather surprise that Asher didn't get some noticeable bruises or wounds, he is a badass. :D

• I fought her and won, but she got some punces in.

• I dodged the attacks and tried to get her to calm down. I really wish you could have told her something along the lines of "I know your past hurts, but we're going to end what happened to you here for good." or something like that.

• I fought back. But that doesn't mean I hate her, duh.

• I just dodged her attacks and talked to her until she vented down. I also let her keep drinking. I trust her and knew that she would've been back in shape in time for the mission.
    Seemed to me like something she should do, get it out of her chest without ruining the relationship between the two

• She said to hit her and she is bigger than Asher so I gave her five across the lips. I would say it was a friendly fight no one seemed to be trying to seriously injure the other

• I dodged her attacks, didn't want to fight back and tried talking to her.

• I kind of felt bad that she was drunk but I didn't pull any punches. I would love to brawl with her after she sobers up. Maybe we'll get the chance to fight her again in the next episode with QTEs in a tighter time frame.

• I hit back, but I don't hate her. She's actually my 2nd favorite character. I only hit her because I think that's what she wanted :P

• I dodged all of the attacks and refused to fight her. When she pointed her blade at me, I kinda dared her to kill me. After she told me her story I offered my condolences and took the drink away from her. It was a bad time to get wasted.

• I tried to calm her down, fought back, had a nice chat and took her drink. I really love their relationship :)

• I had Asher dodge all of her attacks except for one where I missed the prompt. So she did get one punch in. I had Asher refuse to fight back however. Despite playing Asher like a reckless hothead I thought it would be OOC for how I've been playing him (loyal to a fault to friends & family) to wail on Beskha. I also had Asher take the wine jug away because she could barely walk, and I was afraid letting her continue might result in her being too plastered to be worth anything during the attack the next day.

• tbh that's what I thought. She needed to let some stress out so I gave her a fight hah :)

I hit back, but I don't hate her. She's actually my 2nd favorite character. I only hit her because I think that's what she wanted :P

• I fought her, because at that point she did not need pity or me dodging her attempts, she needed an outlet. And it makes for good drama I think. If Asher taught me anything it's that he sees Beskha as an equal and that he treats as that. If roles were reversed he would want her to fight back as well.

• I get that.

To me it felt like she wasn't fighting Asher though, but rather the memory of Meereen and her life there. The way i saw it Asher understood that, even if he didn't exactly know it. And he doesn't strike me as the type to beat a friend for fighting the past.

MsDanceALot posted: »

I fought her, because at that point she did not need pity or me dodging her attempts, she needed an outlet. And it makes for good drama I th

• I tried both out. Fighting back seems to be what she wants, she opens up quicker if you spar with her. I think she just needed to let out some of her fellings of helplessness and aggravation about the situation Asher has gotten her into.

• I dodged her attacks, I wasn't gonna fight my not-blood sister just because she was drunk and angry. I felt a twinge of guilt when she angrily growled at me "you let me get burned by a dragon!". Then when she told her story, I understood her rage, and made sure to take her drink away.

• I tried to talk to her, got a few punches because I suck.. xD When she asked me to fight back I really thought that saying NO would be an insult for a fighter like Beskha. So I fought back, but I didn't really hurt her just threw her on the ground. Then I offered her the drink, and let her get wasted.

• edited May 2015

She needed to let off some steam and an emotional talk with ice cream wasn't gonna cut it, so what better way than a good fight!

• same. i hate the fact that asher can't comfort her at all. asher just looks like a jerk otherwise lol

JazzyTheMan posted: »

I dodged the attacks and tried to get her to calm down. I really wish you could have told her something along the lines of "I know your past hurts, but we're going to end what happened to you here for good." or something like that.

• I had Asher fight back after she hit him it made sense to me because of Ashers bad temper and sometimes friends fight. I loved this scene so much because I'm a big Beskha fan.

• same, I wanted her to get it out of her system.

I actually let her wail on me. I don't fight friends or family. I was rather surprise that Asher didn't get some noticeable bruises or wounds, he is a badass.

• "an emotional talk with ice cream"

someone needs to make a fanfic of that. hahaha.

Mockduck posted: »

She needed to let off some steam and an emotional talk with ice cream wasn't gonna cut it, so what better way than a good fight!

• I fought back and gave her more to drink.

• I did not fight back and just kept trying to get her to tell me what was wrong. Then after she told me I poured her another drink and told her I trusted her. I feel like she needed to blow off steam but she did not need me to baby her.

• Dodge her attack, fight back, trying to talk to her, listen to shit story, give her the drink to pretend you care, then get the fuck out bitch, you drink too much and it's enough, also I kill her master and never said that I trust her, I even let the dragon burn her... I'm evil!

• I didnt fight back.

• edited May 2015

Fought back. Dodged but didn't attack. Took her alcohol.

• edited May 2015

I dodged her attacks but I didn't fight back when given the opportunity to. It was obvious she was acting out because she was in pain over something and was looking for a release. She's my friend, and I'll give her the time to vent if she needs to.

• edited June 2015

I dodged most of her attacks (failed the first one) and fought back. We're sellswords. Hitting and punching is how we bond and express our feelings and stuff. She's tough, she can handle it. It was all nice and friendly.
    Then condolences and took the drink because it's a really bad idea to fight when you're drunk out of your mind.

I don't think she hates my Asher. I did save Malcolm instead of her, but other than that I've been really great to her.

• edited June 2015

Fought her without hesitation and won, then took the booze from her and told her to get her shit together. I don't care at all for Beskha, the way I conceive Asher his top priority in his heart has always been his home and family, he just convinced himself for some years he loved this mercenary lifestyle because he had to (the other option was diving into nostalgia and resentment), but now that his house is in need and his blood is calling, he answers the call and simultaneously realizes how little this futile life he led on Essos those last years mean to him deep inside : it was all but a distraction, where he nearly lost his nobleman's ways and honour, but that will never happen again.

From the moment Malcolm found him, all he wants now from Essos is the army his family needs.

Truly I don't care at all for the adventuring in the deserts and rat-ridden cities of this continent of slaves and fanatics. I can't wait for Asher to return home and join the other Forrester characters.

• I tried to calm her down and fought back. Then gave her more drink,I trusted her when we were on Meereen.

• I dodged all and refused to fight - it ain't worth it... just a friendly quarrel over sentimental matters. I let her be with her wine since it calms her, but somehow she wasn't drunk during the attack which is good.

• I did sick dodge moves while trying to be diplomatic.

• I kept trying to calm her down, but then she hit Asher and then all out brawl. If she explained herself earlier, I don't think I would've fought back.

• I dodged all her attacks and poured a drink for her, it all turned up okay in the end. Plus I trusted her enough to know that she wouldn't screw up during the mission.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.