Stannis is still the Mannis

Comments

• Right? He'd have to kill himself, or the witch.

PigeonPie posted: »

Stannis will get revenge for Shireen? Dunno how, he killed her.

• Who, Drogon? lol

Yeah the choices aren't that good are they? I'm siding with Tyrion (which unfortunately means Dany), sure he won't get the throne but if

• I'm not sure about Stannis. I mean, Davos is incredibly loyal to him, but Shireen ugh... I don't know whether he could stay faithfully by his side after that.

There's definitely a good chance of him killing Melisandre though, and he's probably the best choice (story-wise) to do it. If I remember right, she tried to have him burned at one point too.

I'm starting to worry maybe he won't do anything at all but be upset, but I reckon he will kill the witch. Maybe not now, but eventually.

• I assume he means get revenge on Ramsay for forcing him into the position where he had to sacrifice his only child. I think anyway.

Stannis will get revenge for Shireen? Dunno how, he killed her.

• Don't worry, we are likely getting Euron Greyjoy next season, and he is an insane pirate that doesn't give a fuck about anything, and takes whatever he wants. He'll do fine as a new guy we want dead. Yes I will concede that Ramsay Snow is a great villain ,fantastic really, he is even worse then Joffrey. But the thing is, while he is fantastic at being evil, he is also fucking evil incarnate, and really needs to pay in fold.

Ugh but with Ramsay dead where do we get another psycho? We lost Joffers. Don't get me wrong I want him dead, but he's my favourite villain, and a bloody good one.

• I for one am totally down with Davos killing the Red Witch, seriously, she needs to go. That has to be the last burning, if she sticks around, its only going to get worse and worse. I blame her a lot more for that burning then Stannis, I hate the fact she loved do it. Did you see her face? She was smiling, while Stannis was crying and his wife was breaking down. Awful, just fucking awful, if anybody else gets burned, it better be her!

I'm starting to worry maybe he won't do anything at all but be upset, but I reckon he will kill the witch. Maybe not now, but eventually.

• I laughed way too hard at this.

• Alt text

One thing I don't understand is, why is everybody saying that his sacrifice of Shireen was necessary? Necessary for what? I could understand

• Nah, you can't possibly laugh to hard on this.

I laughed way too hard at this.

• edited June 2015

I think trolling has intensified.

"Burn the nonbelievers!" I hear you say. "Burn the believers! Burn the king beyond the wall! Burn Clementine! wait, what??" But for serious...how many of you still think he is the mannis? What happened makes me wish I was wrong, but there it is.

• Stannis did what he had to in order to get closer to the Iron Throne. He needs the Iron Throne if he has any chance in hell in uniting the Seven Kingdoms against the White Walkers. He sacrificed the person he loved most so that he may be able to save thousands of others. Burning Shireen was the only way to end the storm in time before Stannis and his army starved.

• Poor Shireen.... she had no one.. Stannis is a piece of shit. He will die in despair. Why? We know he is not AA. He is not good father. I liked him but, after burning his own child scene, I think he is just like Boltons.

• Tough one indeed, let's hope they kill each other somehow.

Let's see should I root for the torture, rapist, and killers of the Starks or do I root for the guy that kills his own brother and burns his child and other innocents to death? That's a tough one.

• sounds familiar... Similar to a certain MAD KING

• He has no chance in hell of uniting anyone. Its not how he's made.

Stannis did what he had to in order to get closer to the Iron Throne. He needs the Iron Throne if he has any chance in hell in uniting the S

• Stannis is the only one in a serious position of power that knows what the true threat is. He also believes he's Azor Ahai come again (thanks, Melisandre) and knows he has to try.

KCohere posted: »

He has no chance in hell of uniting anyone. Its not how he's made.

• Well... the mad King did it for fun and because he was paranoid.. idk if Stannis had a lot of fun doing this :p

AstroZombie posted: »

sounds familiar... Similar to a certain MAD KING

• Yet people whine and cry that The Red Wedding was cheating. See the hypocrite?

• he looked like he was having fun.. but yeah, he always looks like that. Gosh i hope he burns the lannisters, boltons, white walkers, whitehills and that c*nt john cena

AWESOMEO posted: »

Well... the mad King did it for fun and because he was paranoid.. idk if Stannis had a lot of fun doing this

• How is Stannis a piece of shit? He sacrificed her so that thousands may live in the fight against the White Walkers.

Poor Shireen.... she had no one.. Stannis is a piece of shit. He will die in despair. Why? We know he is not AA. He is not good father. I liked him but, after burning his own child scene, I think he is just like Boltons.

• Stannis is not the one true king and even if he was it wouldn't be a very good excuse. People who live in the modern world should know that blood is a terrible way to decide who should be the ruler. A man who would put his daughter to torch in order to gain the throne shouldn't be king. Stannis proved to the world that he doesn't have what it takes to rule the seven kingdoms when he burned his daughter alive. What would he do to the people who didn't accept his new god? Especially with the faith armed and ready. And his cruelty to punishment will fuel the Faith Militant ranks. He would lose the throne as soon as he got it.

The nobles would rise up against him the moment he took the throne. Most houses are under the faith of the seven and all houses are infidels. There would be so much blood shed and chaos that the damn Iron Throne might not even survive the conflict. However, even if he did burn enough houses to the ground and win the damn war. What would be the cost? All the noble houses in ruin or damn close to it. He would have no army, no allies, and no money. Then he would lose it to someone like Littlefinger or Danny. Him being king has no sense or logic. Him winning the war is a worse case scenario for everyone, including him.

• I'm done with Stannis. Shireen was the last straw

• edited June 2015

Now that Hollywood have full reigns of the shows narrative it's no surprise that it's got to complete and utter unwatchable tripe.

The head writers of this season have zero comprehension of the 'moral event horizon' : nowadays typically used to refer to when a character crosses 'the line' in a way that will affect how the audience sees them from that point.

e.g used appropriate with The Hound when he kills the butchers boy, Micah, it happened early so we'd always be hateful of him even when he's taking care of Arya.

They've now done it to both Stannis and Daenerys (things both characters did NOT do in the books), we don't really have any character we can enthusiastically root for.

Not to mention their character dynamics are BOOOOOOOORING. Jamie and Bronn? Good gosh I'd rather watch paint dry. And Arya is so boring

• John Cena! LMFAO

AstroZombie posted: »

he looked like he was having fun.. but yeah, he always looks like that. Gosh i hope he burns the lannisters, boltons, white walkers, whitehills and that c*nt john cena

• A man can only sacrifice his own life. Even his daughter, he has no right to sacrifice other people's lives. The girl is not his belonging.

How is Stannis a piece of shit? He sacrificed her so that thousands may live in the fight against the White Walkers.

• I dont understand people who hate on a show so much and continue to watch.

Doughnuts posted: »

Now that Hollywood have full reigns of the shows narrative it's no surprise that it's got to complete and utter unwatchable tripe. The he

• edited June 2015

And the leaches thing didn't work perfectly either, since Balon Greyjoy is still alive in the show. So 2 out of 3 leaches worked. It's not a success rate I'd be willing to wager my daughter on.

KCohere posted: »

Yes, just like she makes it seem like Robb and Joffrey's deaths were her doing when we know how those came about.

• Doughnuts BANNED

Alt text

• edited June 2015

Right, people keep saying they feel sorry for Stannis, but what about her? She didnt sign up for this. I think thats what bothers me most. People make it sound like shes just his property, like he's the only one giving something up. That girl wanted to live and he took that from her, so he could take Winterfell. He's not even close to fighting the white walkers. Is he preparing for that? No. Jon is. Sam is. Stannis is just trying to be king.

A man can only sacrifice his own life. Even his daughter, he has no right to sacrifice other people's lives. The girl is not his belonging.

• Have you seen Stannis? Yes he is dead. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

• Well, fuck.

Alt text

At least we still have the books and know that GRRM won't destroy his character and make his death as dull as Dumb & Dumber did. We turning this into a memorial thread now?

• All he did was insult people and be aggressive, I even told him he would be banned if he kept that attitude up.

Doughnuts BANNED

• Ok sorry Stannis fans i couldn't control myself...

• I don't think Stannis is dead based on how they cut the scene.

• edited June 2015

I doubt that Brienne hesitated or struck the tree behind him. It's not in her nature and makes zero sense.

Show Stannis is done. He's lost everything. There's no recovering from it and he serves no purpose now.

• Still weird how they cut it.

I doubt that Brienne hesitated or struck the tree behind him. It's not in her nature and makes zero sense. Show Stannis is done. He's lost everything. There's no recovering from it and he serves no purpose now.

• I'd say there's a 50-50 chance. The way they phrased it in the Inside the Episode kind of makes me believe that she just struck the tree. Besides, I don't think Brienne would just kill someone like that, no matter what crime they committed.

• That...took me a second.

Terrible.

• I like doughnuts, but not when they are filled with jelly.

Doughnuts BANNED

• I was thinking that your theory was dumb, but now that I think of it, why would they cut the scene? They showed gruesome deaths for way more beloved characters, why not a character that lost his popularity like Stannis? Hmmm...but either way, I don't see how he's ever going to take the Iron Throne at this point. He's finished.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.