Fuck Olly

13»

Comments

• I think they were justified to be honest. I mean most night's watch members still believe White Walkers to be a myth at the moment. So that couple with the fact Jon Snow was a hypocrite (he was willing to execute a members of the night's watch over disobeying an order, but not a wildling for his crimes and failing to be Honourable), and letting a bunch of people they only recently spent a huge battle over fighting through their post and home now... you can see why they'd do it.

Not only that, but Jon was making some pretty bad decisions as lord commander..

I do agree, he does have legitimate reasons, his family and friends were all killed in front of him, and a man told him he would eat his own

• Olly didnt get his justice on the ginger wildling, he only killed 1 of many wildlings that took his family and home from him. Your rant means nothing if you're not taking the other one of two people who effected his life into account. You're acting like Olly is being unreasonable for wanting justice on the people who ruined his life.

I'm willing to bet you wanted ALL Boltons dead, and wanted a majority of the whitehills wiped out, no?

I love how some people say that he was right to stab Jon because of his parents, bla bla... GUESS WHAT, the kid actually got revenge on the

• Knowing how unreasonable fans here are and on youtube and how people treated joffrey's actor over a role?

you're gonna have alot of false hope.
    People cant be bothered to see things from another perspective and thus mindlessly hate (Except Joffrey, he was just psycopathic)

This kid is going to get ALOT of hate for this one act.. probably death threats too... cause LOL TV SHOW WATCHERS.

• Ygritte was killing Nights watch members AND killed one of his family. What? you wanted Olly and hte nights watch to just let Ygritte slaughter their friends and allies during a battle just because YOU have emotional attachment to her?

Well, he had no choice you can even see it in his face that he was having a hard time trying to..well, You know. But when he killed Ygritte I agree, Fuck olly.

• I know, and I agree, but child murder is child murder regardless of their actions.

I wouldn't be surprised if Olly just fades into the background or isn't even brought back for next season at all. After all, he was created solely for FTW and his painfully cringeworthy death-stares. Anyway, even though Olly held resentment for Jon's business with the Wildlings, I still think that in the end he was encouraged by the other mutineers and that's exactly why he hesitated. Is the witch hunt for shanking Jon necessary? Nah, at least not for me. Alliser and Marsh seem like the more logical targets, and just like Stannis, they had their reasons for doing what they did. It was always going to happen once Jon let the Wildlings sleep under the same roof as the Watch.

Belan posted: »

Except it's not like Shireen was running around stabbing good men in the chest. She was nothing more than a purely innocent little girl. The

• Olly is more of a hate train like Arvo to be honest. Its more like a meme.

It happens because its a character thats yet to get its comeuppance and its clear the writers are trying really hard to justify the behavior and the majority of fans just laugh and say "Nah seriously fuck that kid".

Annoying/hate train characters are never real villains

stevean2 posted: »

Like who you wish, aslong as you're not a massive hypocrite over it. I can't believe some people are so adament in their beliefs that they t

• Its very few who actually hate the actor, most logical people know the difference. People hate the character not the actor. In fact I saw nothing but praise for joffreys actor everywhere I saw.

Knowing how unreasonable fans here are and on youtube and how people treated joffrey's actor over a role? you're gonna have alot of false

• he only killed 1 of many wildlings that took his family and home from him.

Yeah true, but Ygritte was the one who we saw directly killing his father, and we didn't see who killed his mother, but fair enough.

You're acting like Olly is being unreasonable for wanting justice on the people who ruined his life.

Its reasonable for Olly to want justice againts the Tormund and the wildlings who attacked kis village. Its unreasonable for him to want to kill Jon, who didnt ruin his life and was nothing but nice to him for no reason, and for people to call it justice.

I'm willing to bet you wanted ALL Boltons dead, and wanted a majority of the whitehills wiped out, no?

Dunno why u assume that...

Boltons: I want Roose and Ramsay dead, and until I see a decent Bolton soldier, yeah...

Whitehills: I want Ludd dead and Gryff, and until I see a decent Whitehill soldier, yeah I want all of them dead...

As a matter of fact, if i'm on the side of the Forresters and a Whitehill, good or not good, is againts them, yeah, I want them defeated at least...

Olly didnt get his justice on the ginger wildling, he only killed 1 of many wildlings that took his family and home from him. Your rant mean

• Sorry maybe i misundersood but what are you talking about i never compared them. And i have never personally been threatened i should have made that clear.

Like who you wish, aslong as you're not a massive hypocrite over it. I can't believe some people are so adament in their beliefs that they t

• They have the right to be angry, yes. But they don't have the right to kill him. They're too stupid to remember the fact that THE WHITE WALKERS ARE COMING.

LeFedore posted: »

Jon WAS a traitor, though. He helped the wildlings, killed Qhorin Halfhand (albeit at his command, but the others don't know that) and he ev

• If i can ask, what do you like about the Boltons?

ousen posted: »

They have always been here. But dont speak for everyone i like the Boltons and as someone that like the Boltons you can get death threats by

• edited June 2015

Thats what i worry about. He's so young and fans can be crazy. Ive heard a lot of stories about actors being threatened with all kinds of things because their character is so hated, and wondered if Jack Gleeson retired from acting because of the hate his character gets. It still has to be hard on a person, acting or not.

Knowing how unreasonable fans here are and on youtube and how people treated joffrey's actor over a role? you're gonna have alot of false

• They are good villains, Roose is cruel cunning and cold and Ramsay is crazy and cunning and fearless.I like most of the morally grey characters in the books and show Gerold Dayne Euron Greyjoy Gregor Clegane, Tyrion is a morally grey character not a evil sort of character like Gregor but he is still far from a saint. I can give you an example of a morally grey character i dont like Joffrey he is stupid cruel and a coward not a good combination for a character in my opinion. And i know that Gregor and Ramsay are not morally grey but you understand what i mean.

KCohere posted: »

If i can ask, what do you like about the Boltons?

• Well, fuck man.

I love ygritte I don't give a shit about his family.
    Also that little nod he does after he shoots Ygritte is fucking hilarious but at the same time I wanted to choke him because it was uneccessary.

Ygritte was killing Nights watch members AND killed one of his family. What? you wanted Olly and hte nights watch to just let Ygritte slaughter their friends and allies during a battle just because YOU have emotional attachment to her? .

• She was gong to kill Jon. I much rather have him around.

Well, fuck man. I love ygritte I don't give a shit about his family. Also that little nod he does after he shoots Ygritte is fucking hilarious but at the same time I wanted to choke him because it was uneccessary.

• edited June 2015

• edited June 2015

Seeing as murder is unjustified killing, I'm not sure that people who want to see Olly dead really see it in that light. They want him to pay for his own act of murder, they want him to face justice for what he did. Given that, I don't think it is necessarily hypocritical for them to be against what happened to Shireen, who did absolutely nothing to warrant being burned alive of all things. The general line of thinking is that Shireen was innocent, while Olly is definitely not. I think that it is only natural that someone could be supportive of Shireen and yet hold animosity for Olly. I personally don't think that he should be killed, but he should face some consequences for his actions, right?

Anyway, even though Olly held resentment for Jon's business with the Wildlings, I still think that in the end he was encouraged by the other mutineers and that's exactly why he hesitated. Is the witch hunt for shanking Jon necessary? Nah, at least not for me. Alliser and Marsh seem like the more logical targets, and just like Stannis, they had their reasons for doing what they did. It was always going to happen once Jon let the Wildlings sleep under the same roof as the Watch.

I agree with basically all of that. It's a little strange that Olly seems to be getting singled out here, considering the plan was probably put together by Alliser and the older members of the Watch. I do think he wanted to be involved in taking Jon down, though I'm sure it was probably encouraged by Alliser and company.

I know, and I agree, but child murder is child murder regardless of their actions. I wouldn't be surprised if Olly just fades into the ba

• I hope so to, a lot of people gave Joffrey shit, and he's not even out of his teens I think? God, I don't want another Jake Loyd situation happening, nobody deserves that.

• The White Walkers have been gone for centuries. Nobody alive had seen them until recently. No one at the Wall except the wildlings, whom nobody trusts, and the very, very few Night's Watch survivors from Hardhome believe in the White Walkers, everyone else thinks it's bullshit.

Gary-Oak posted: »

They have the right to be angry, yes. But they don't have the right to kill him. They're too stupid to remember the fact that THE WHITE WALKERS ARE COMING.

• The only villian I ever found myself liking was Tywin to be honest. he seemed to really want the best for the realm and knew how terrible Joffrey was, the only problem was the actions he took for the realm. Killing ones we percieved as the "good guys" because of the war and what not and his hatred towards Tyrion. If he just gave that up, him and Tyrion could of made a better westeros as father and son to be honest. but thats game of thrones for you.

ousen posted: »

They are good villains, Roose is cruel cunning and cold and Ramsay is crazy and cunning and fearless.I like most of the morally grey charact

• edited June 2015

... I honestly dont see why olly should get comeuppance at this point, Jon Snow pretty much brought this on himself. He ignored the desires of his brothers instead of reaching an equal compromise between both sides (why not let the stronger wildings do some stuff around the wall to help out and gain a little trust with the brothers?)

But I thank you for your input

Olly is more of a hate train like Arvo to be honest. Its more like a meme. It happens because its a character thats yet to get its comeup

• I dont understand how it was "uneccessary" but okay. I mean, it's not like the nights watch is there to defend the seven kingdoms from this kinda bullshit and the white walkers or anything... but I mean, if you believe that some bitch should be allowed to slaughter these men then to each his own, I guess.

Well, fuck man. I love ygritte I don't give a shit about his family. Also that little nod he does after he shoots Ygritte is fucking hilarious but at the same time I wanted to choke him because it was uneccessary.

• the fact that Jack did recieve death threats at all though is worrying. I wouldn't ignore the fact that it'll happen to Olly too.. he's getting ALOT of hate lately... some will shift that to the actor, I'm sure.

Its very few who actually hate the actor, most logical people know the difference. People hate the character not the actor. In fact I saw nothing but praise for joffreys actor everywhere I saw.

• That's probably not the entire reason he retired, but I wouldnt doubt it was one of the contributing factors.

KCohere posted: »

Thats what i worry about. He's so young and fans can be crazy. Ive heard a lot of stories about actors being threatened with all kinds of th

• Yeah true, but Ygritte was the one who we saw directly killing his father, and we didn't see who killed his mother, but fair enough.

The entire village was being raided and Olly pointed out the ginger bearded wilding of also contributing to the slaughter, so that wildlings death is as deserved as ygritte.. I mean, none of them shown remorse over killing innocents.

Its reasonable for Olly to want justice againts the Tormund and the wildlings who attacked kis village. Its unreasonable for him to want to kill Jon, who didnt ruin his life and was nothing but nice to him for no reason, and for people to call it justice.

I want you to imagine for a sec. A guy/gal bursts into your house, guns down a loved one infront of you, smirks about it and lets you live.
    The police come as the guy/gal stays in your house and demands that you do nothing to harm him/her, he's/she's to go free and recieve no punishment whatsoever and to even let him/her live in your house if he/she so pleases.

How would you feel? the police man has been nothing but kind to you in your distressed time, but denied you your justice you so openly deserve simply because he says so. This is why I believe Jon has ruined Olly's life too. The one chance to destroy what ruined his past life, and start anew and Jon Snow keeps him in the past, keeping them alive as a constant reminder of what they forever did to him

he only killed 1 of many wildlings that took his family and home from him. Yeah true, but Ygritte was the one who we saw directly ki

• That makes them stupid and blind.

LeFedore posted: »

The White Walkers have been gone for centuries. Nobody alive had seen them until recently. No one at the Wall except the wildlings, whom nob

• They didnt give him a chance. They killed almost as soon as he got back. They jumped the gun so hard and im still convinced that its all because Thorne wants his job.

... I honestly dont see why olly should get comeuppance at this point, Jon Snow pretty much brought this on himself. He ignored the desires

• Alt text

He seems pretty in tune with the characters actions he should be fine, also I've seen zero hate at the actor so far

• #Burnemup

He seems pretty in tune with the characters actions he should be fine, also I've seen zero hate at the actor so far

• :( I hope people dont take it too far. Hes not in the same league as Joffrey!

• Really? Well good to remember, regardless, he doesn't deserve any hate.

• edited June 2015

He is too young and lost a lot of things. I can't blame him. He is like a children soldier. Many adults around him said Jon was a traitor. And his family was murdered. When he joined the Watch he probably thought he could avenge the wildlings. Instead Jon was helping them.

• Unlike Joffrey at least he had some remorse

• I can't really blame the kid. And I don't think he decided to kill him on his own. The wildlings murdered his family and he was talked into doing something by respected members of the watch. He was conflicted about it, which is why he went to talk to Sam. And Sam inadvertently justified it.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.