I don't want a happy ending

Really I don't it goes against everything GOT and ASOFI stands for and I'd be disappointed if everything worked out for the Forresters and Gared. Basically I'm hoping for someone like this:

Gared and his friends are killed (every Night's Watch deserter is) plus as Frostfinger forshadowed "The Night's Watch will be your death"

Mira gets in touch with Varys and secures the Iron Wood deal. If she chooses to testify against Tyrion she is sent far away set for life and under watch by the people King's Landing. If she refuses her and Sera are sacrificed to The Mountain after his clash with Oberyn

Rodrik and Elissa are sold out by Royland and killed by the Whitehills. With Ryon, Rodrik, Elissa dead and Talia being the only Forrester left in Ironrath the smallfolk choose Royland over Duncan and Talia and rules as the lord.

Asher and Beskha arrive at Ironrath and have a full fledged war leaving several dead. Asher does manage to win however due to starting a war in a peaceful setting the Boltons can either take over the Forresters and force them to construct Ironwood forever or slaughter them dependent on choice.

Comments

• I think we will get a "Happy" ending. I dont think they will just kill all of house forester and just go, "k, thats it"

If I had to guess, the Foresters beat the Whitehills, but maybe only Asher is left and house forester in ruins.

• I want a Planet of the Apes ending where Asher comes home and everyone is dead and he does what Heston did when he saw the Statue of Liberty.

• edited June 2015

While it would be realistic to assume that at least one character will not get a happy ending, I would expect some sort of satisfaction or payoff after playing an entire season. The ending would also depend on if Telltale is planning to write a second season, and if the Forresters will carry over onto that one as well as the main PCs. If they are, then Telltale will have to keep at least a couple alive.

As much as I hate determinant characters, it would be cool to see at least one decision play out where it determines a characters fate. This would probably work best for a one-season kind of game. Mira didn't make the best allies and all the wrong enemies throughout the game? Betrayed at the worst possible time, either arrested or killed. Asher doesn't secure an army for his family? That's the end of many of the Forresters.

• You maniacs! You chopped it all up!

I want a Planet of the Apes ending where Asher comes home and everyone is dead and he does what Heston did when he saw the Statue of Liberty.

• You want downer ending? I think you won't be disappointed.

• I'll be fine with a "bittersweet" ending, similar to what George has planned for the books.

• Alt text

I'll be fine with a "bittersweet" ending, similar to what George has planned for the books.

• Some characters will survive, only the majority will die

• None of the TTGs has a happy ending, but I don't think Ryon should be dead at this point. And I think Beshka will be left behind once Asher gets his army because she mentions that once Asher get his army he will go home without her. Without a doubt Gared can be killed since he is a deserter and North Grove might be something not good. But I dunno about Mira tho.

• TWD Season 2 and TWAU

Killah posted: »

None of the TTGs has a happy ending, but I don't think Ryon should be dead at this point. And I think Beshka will be left behind once Asher

• Yeah, TWAU had mysterious ending and TWD S2 had a heartbreaking ending, but none of them were good ending.

Clemenem posted: »

TWD Season 2 and TWAU

• Alt text

I think not. Still in TWAU we had that basic "Everyone's saved, Crooked Man and his forces are defeated with barely putting up a fight" deal

Killah posted: »

Yeah, TWAU had mysterious ending and TWD S2 had a heartbreaking ending, but none of them were good ending.

• At the same time I dont want an everyone dies crap like we get with the walking dead, thats not game of thrones as much people claim it is. There is death but its usually logical and plenty of characters from the start do live

• edited June 2015

Also there will definetely be season 2 so most of the characters will survive.

At the same time I dont want an everyone dies crap like we get with the walking dead, thats not game of thrones as much people claim it is. There is death but its usually logical and plenty of characters from the start do live

• I'd be disappointed if everything worked out for the Forresters and Gared.

Nothing good has been happening to them this whole season. I actually hope it does work out for them in the end.

• Good. Because you won't get it.

• If she refuses her and Sera are sacrificed to The Mountain after his clash with Oberyn

The Mountain is dying from Oberyn's poison and is no position to do anything except that. Good luck.

With Ryon, Rodrik, Elissa dead and Talia being the only Forrester left in Ironrath the smallfolk choose Royland over Duncan and Talia and rules as the lord.

Smallfolk don't choose anyone, dude. It's not a goddamn democracy. Even if this is going to happen, Royland will be appointed by someone like Roose Bolton and not a bunch of random commoners who don't and never did have a say in any affairs of the state.

• The Mountain is dying from Oberyn's poison and is no position to do anything except that. 

I think at some point during treatment, Cersei provided Quyburn with gold and even people, mostly being women she didn't like, handmaidens safe to say Mira falls into both. And the show and books contradict the Mountain dying "dude"

Lingvort posted: »

If she refuses her and Sera are sacrificed to The Mountain after his clash with Oberyn The Mountain is dying from Oberyn's poison an

• The Mountain dies, pal. The fact that Qyburn revives him as Ser Robert Strong doesn't mean anything. By the time the season concludes, he isn't revived yet. Although, it might be possible that by the time the season ends, The Mountain will still be alive.

Also, how the fact that Cersei provided Qyburn with people for his experiments is relevant to Mira and Sera being "sacrificed to The Mountain"? Explain that to me, dude.

The Mountain is dying from Oberyn's poison and is no position to do anything except that.  I think at some point during treatment, C

• It's not Game of Thrones. It's not Song of Ice and Fire. It's Telltale's game. I don't think they'll betray anything, the books, the show or the fans. They'll end the game how they want, and I trust them to make it good.

• It'll probably be bittersweet.

• edited June 2015

I could do with a happy ending or two. Dont we get enough wholesale slaughter and misery from the show? I mean, sacrificed to the Mountain? Good lord!

• edited June 2015

Also, how the fact that Cersei provided Qyburn with people for his experiments is relevant to Mira and Sera being "sacrificed to The Mountain"? Explain that to me, dude.

I think matching the TV Show with the game side by side as far as time period, The Mountain will likely be wounded prior to the game's conclusion thus opening up a time period where their remains could be sacrificed as I mentioned . Seeing as how Quyburn's victims are mostly women or handmaidens Cersei dislikes, (I don't see her having a problem throwing her in for defiance). Does Mira not fit all these categories?

Lingvort posted: »

The Mountain dies, pal. The fact that Qyburn revives him as Ser Robert Strong doesn't mean anything. By the time the season concludes, he is

• edited June 2015

I want at least three possible endings, one happy/successful, one shitty/you failed and one bittersweet.

One very same ending for all would totally suck. Choices must matter at least a little bit.

• I don't want a cheesy "aye everything's OK, the bad guys are dead" ending but I don't want a "everyone is dead except for one or two people" bullshit that The Walking Dead pulls. Despite the stereotype, all of the deaths in Thrones make sense to the story so that's what any death should be like.

• You're in luck then friend! :) even GRRM has said himself, the best you can hope for is Bittersweet.

But like you said, it fits ASOIAF. I wouldn't be able to buy it, if this crazy story ended with rainbows and butterflies after all the rapes and betrayals.

As long as there's one Stark left standing at the end, and they get some sort of vengeance, i'll be happy. Everything else is gravy.

• But it IS GOT. It's Telltale, yes, but also HBO. Telltale doesn't have free reign to do whatever they like with the story (obviously), they have the shows storylines and characters to worry about as well. Not that i think this means that they will fuck it up or anything, i love how the game is going.

It's just that with what i've heard is going on with the show plots this season, i guess i'm missing my ASOIAF storylines and wishing the game was more reflective of the books than the show :(

Hbh128 posted: »

It's not Game of Thrones. It's not Song of Ice and Fire. It's Telltale's game. I don't think they'll betray anything, the books, the show or the fans. They'll end the game how they want, and I trust them to make it good.

• There were only a few people that Cersei gave to Qyburn in the books. And it seems that Qyburn needs these bodies to somehow rgenerate the Mountains body from the advanced deterioration and decay that Oberyn's poison caused.

The Blue Bard - to make him confess to fornicating with Queen Margary and accuse others of the same.
    - still alive AFAIK, at least until Margary's trial.

Lady Tanda Stokeworth - To punish her for allowing Bronn to take over their keep i think.

I think one of the others was Cersei's maid or something. Can't recall. It's been a while since i've read the book. But, it's definitely not a 'bunch of handmaidens that Cersei dislikes', there is Always an underlying motive for Cersei wanting to get these people out of the public eye, and away from her. Usually to prevent any threat to her perceived power.

Also, how the fact that Cersei provided Qyburn with people for his experiments is relevant to Mira and Sera being "sacrificed to The Mountai

• How is that a good ending

Sign in to comment in this discussion.