Does your choices matter for Ethan?

Can you save him? I'm really tired of hearing "your choices matter." If they matter then make it so that I can save him somehow... either by picking a certain sentinel or a certain choice. Can anyone confirm if there is a chance or not?

Comments

• Ethan is kill

• TellTale is kill ;(

Poogers555 posted: »

Ethan is kill

• Hard to say right now. I feel like they will because telltale grew some balls and made multiple endings for twd so they might try new things with this.

• Even if you can't save him, I would think it matters to the outcome of what happens to the House. They lost three lords right after the other and that's sure to have a big impact, especially on who you choose as sentinel.

• No though I feel the choice with the thief and which sentinel will at least have minor implications later on. Ethans death sets up the season so its hard to see how it could be determinant

• Imo the only reason they gave multiple endings for TWD was because the next season, if there is one, will have nothing to do with Clem/those survivors so they don't have to make plots based around your choices.

Tyranitar posted: »

Hard to say right now. I feel like they will because telltale grew some balls and made multiple endings for twd so they might try new things with this.

• I feel like TTG definitely went for the shock factor, similar to Ned at the end of Game of Thrones.

• Grew some balls? LOL.

First of all, understand this very clearly. The endings of TWD S2 EP5 ONLY depended on your choices that you made towards the end of that episode. The choices made in the first four, and majority of the fifth episode, played no role.

You can't be that easy to please, can you? 10 mins of slightly varying endings...that doesn't say much.

And in any case the endings you chose will have no bearing on S3, if there is one.

Tyranitar posted: »

Hard to say right now. I feel like they will because telltale grew some balls and made multiple endings for twd so they might try new things with this.

• What the fuck are you even talking about. I was making a point about how telltale isn't scared to try new things...

ffs.

himmatsj posted: »

Grew some balls? LOL. First of all, understand this very clearly. The endings of TWD S2 EP5 ONLY depended on your choices that you made t

• and btw S3 was confirmed a long time ago

himmatsj posted: »

Grew some balls? LOL. First of all, understand this very clearly. The endings of TWD S2 EP5 ONLY depended on your choices that you made t

• No, not for him. Your choice can matter in later episodes such as the sentinel, sending your uncle to Essos, and what you did with Erik (the thief) will probably all play a bigger role in later episodes

I'm tired of people complaining that your choices don't matter. This was just the first episode, relax.

• Ethan's non-determinant death doesn't mean his decisions won't matter in future episodes. The first of six episodes is going to be fairly linear by necessity. Killing off Ethan, while it made me sad because I had already grown attached, really sets the tone well for the rest of the season in regard to consequences and how high the stakes are.

• He dies no matter what as it's key to triggering Ashers return. The biggest choice he makes does matter though. in the "next time" trailer, we see the senitel in charge of the house. Either Royland or Duncan.

• I agree with sentinel and Erik but I think Malcolm's trip to Essos is one of those things that happen anyway.

No, not for him. Your choice can matter in later episodes such as the sentinel, sending your uncle to Essos, and what you did with Erik (the

• Yeah I feel like if you didn't send him that Lady Forrester is gonna send him regardless in Ep.2

I agree with sentinel and Erik but I think Malcolm's trip to Essos is one of those things that happen anyway.

• Ethan dies no matter what BUT...

I hope choices you made while playing as Ethan stands...The thief's punishment, The Sentinel choice, and the choice in food collecting strategy.

• I'm so sick of people complaining that "your choices don't REALLY matter". Do you want a good plot or thousands of multiple endings? Speaking AS a writer, you can't have both. If you don't like it, stop playing Telltale's games. You KNOW what you're in for at this point. They've released a LOT of games. No one's forcing you to play it.

• They lost only two lords.

KCohere posted: »

Even if you can't save him, I would think it matters to the outcome of what happens to the House. They lost three lords right after the other and that's sure to have a big impact, especially on who you choose as sentinel.

• Choices matter a lot in GoT you just have to pay attention.

Yeah I feel like if you didn't send him that Lady Forrester is gonna send him regardless in Ep.2

• edited June 2015

Technically, you can have both. But is it realistic? No.

It all costs time and money, with the story being told and a writer's intentions all having a hand in things. Plus, as alluded to, having many different branches can lead to a short or poor story. And what if a player were to happen across one of the poor quality story branches, while missing out on the high quality one? Would they be likely to play again?

But yeah, agreed that people should know what they're in for if they've played Telltale's games before. Heck, if they've ever read any choose your own adventure book or played any other form of interactive fiction like rpgs, then they should know. (Choose your own adventure books did have a fair bit of variance and lots of endings, but those stories were non-serious to my knowledge and each read was often short, resulting in death)

Anyhow, point being it's quite rare for any game that's not a visual novel or text-based game/story to have choices that truly manage to offer story branching. Even those have a tendency to have quite a few shared events or events that cannot be changed, in-between the different story paths.

But on the other hand, I've not played Borderlands episode 3 more than once, but I hear it can be quite tailored.

Edit: Err, and I just realised now . . . why has Vladimir bumped a thread which hasn't had a post since December the 6th . . . ? This this is an old topic too, and I don't mean just this thread.

I'm so sick of people complaining that "your choices don't REALLY matter". Do you want a good plot or thousands of multiple endings? Speakin

• At the time, six months ago, we didnt know Roderick was still alive.

They lost only two lords.

• edited June 2015

Alt text

Yea Vlad just necro'd the shit out of this thread. Don't Thread Necro, Just saying everybody

Rob_K posted: »

Technically, you can have both. But is it realistic? No. It all costs time and money, with the story being told and a writer's intentions

• Why did you bring this thread back? I don't think this is the first thread you've commented on after months of it being dead.

Choices matter a lot in GoT you just have to pay attention.

• IT'S ALIVE

Yea Vlad just necro'd the shit out of this thread. Don't Thread Necro, Just saying everybody

• edited July 2015

-tells someone not to comment on an old thread, and in doing so, COMMENTS ON AN OLD THREAD-

If Telltale had a problem with it, they'd archive threads that are a certain period of time old like some forums do. You can always suggest that to them; otherwise, you're gonna have to deal with some necroing. I'm not the only person to necro this thread. Some people don't see any reason not to, and some people, like myself, simply forget to check the date for a variety of reasons.

• It's too late now...

-tells someone not to comment on an old thread, and in doing so, COMMENTS ON AN OLD THREAD- If Telltale had a problem with it, they'd arc

• Your choice does impact your crybaby wanna-be sentinel but other than that... Sadly no

• Can't you learn that some things just MUST happen to story to go on?

• Erik could save Asher's live

• Really?! Another necro-bump?!

Seriously guys, why are you doing that anyways?!

Sign in to comment in this discussion.