Details that people might forget, don't notice or just don't know about Tales From The Borderlands

Comments

• If you don't push the power button on Gortys, Rhys does it instead I got a glitch where rhys just rolled invisible gortys to him and clicked nothing
    • Jack says "Come on, up top!" if you don't high five immediately, like any sane human being wouldn't perform such action immediately.
    • Don't worry, trusting Jack at the end of episode 2 AND being his ally doesn't do sh*t to him controlling you later on.
    • Trusting Jack lets Fiona keep her hat. Later on, when Finch and Kroger were rekt by Sasha and Fiona, her hat magically appears on the floor. Not even magically sitting there after a certain scene, it literally teleports as shes grabbing thin air.
    • You can actually pry the door open with Athena as Fiona. Just give it a 2nd go after failing once. Athena comes out of no where and smashes the door open with a log.
  • Actually, most players don't high five Jack right away, simply because you can't see the dang prompt thing on the screen against that background.

bigdogg0821 posted: »

* If you don't push the power button on Gortys, Rhys does it instead I got a glitch where rhys just rolled invisible gortys to him and click

• DeltinoDeltino Moderator
    edited June 2015

Actually, we've seen some of the scenes, albeit with updated graphics and art assets of course.

The beginning of the episode 2 teaser is the caravan escape sequence. The scenes with Rhys driving that truck and swerving out of the way of moonshots are also early versions of that scene.

This is an early version of the scene where Vasquez forces Rhys (and Vaughn) to dig their own graves:

Alt text

And this is an early version of the Galatarium room and platform at the end of episode 2:

Alt text

The episode 3 one had the shot of Brick in a snowy area (early version of the outside of the biodome)

Leluch123 posted: »

Have we ever seen even a one scene from the preview trailer after the episode till this point? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=djvF02vR0I

• Oh.

dojo32161 posted: »

That's probably because you pulled the lever before clearing the rubble, you have to clear the rubble first.

• edited June 2015

This guy appears in episode 1 and on the preview trailer for episode 4 but he might be just a reused model.

Alt text Alt text

Alt text Alt text

Alt text

And this guy also:

Alt text Alt text

• Because Jack does not approve of verbal littering.

clap-tp posted: »

why would they do this, how does trusting fiona or jack even effect athena

• edited June 2015

I think we all know this by now but Jack has a thing for Fiona

He rates every character on a hotness scale from 1-10 if you scan them and read the Jack-A-Pedia This is mostly word for word here

Vaughn- 7/10 mostly because of his abs

Sasha- 8/10 (no reason given)

Fiona- 9/10 I really like hats!

Jack is also obsessed with Vaughn's abs if you couldn't tell lol

• Also for some reason they have showed Tector and Jimbo shooting in EVERY SINGLE PREVIEW but it has yet to happen and probably won't even happen at all

• And I thought he was just a dick. But no! He's a funny dick! :D

I think it's safe to assume that every insult that spurts out of his mouth comes from a place of mass insecurity - the ones he's most ardent about are probably the ones that are the most applicable to him. Such. A. Dick.

• When can you tell about the business cards?

FetchWalker posted: »

In episode 2 if you choose the dialogue option - Another crappy Pandoran town! But if you told Sasha in episode 1 about his business cards:

• edited June 2015

In episode 1 if you choose the dialogue option: {This is who I've always been.}

Alt text

Alt text

Alt text

Alt text

Alt text

Alt text

PoopBrown posted: »

When can you tell about the business cards?

• Oh ok thanks :D

In episode 1 if you choose the dialogue option: {This is who I've always been.}

• How do you get Jack to say: Eh, tomato, to-murder your friends?

Some things I noticed on my third playthrough (AKA my Douchebag Playthrough) * Rhys says this even if you have Dumpy - who's like 2ft a

• I noticed that, and yeah, i don't see a reason for them to be on Helios, so i don't think we'll see them in the next episode too

Also for some reason they have showed Tector and Jimbo shooting in EVERY SINGLE PREVIEW but it has yet to happen and probably won't even happen at all

• yeah it's a shame though, really wanted to kick some ass with Tector, Jimbo, and Loaderbot!

TheJack posted: »

I noticed that, and yeah, i don't see a reason for them to be on Helios, so i don't think we'll see them in the next episode too

• Sasha also mocks him.

Well that's boring.

• edited June 2015

If you trusted Fiona in episode 2 Rhys will help Sasha up on to the truck :-

Alt text

If you trusted Jack in episode 2 Rhys will not help Sasha up onto the truck, instead she'll make her own way up :-

Alt text

• edited June 2015

Also, I've never noticed this in all my telltale games that I've played but if you press space it pauses the game but allows you to see the choices. And the entire screen

Skip to 13:39 to see what I'm talking about.

• I'm just gonna put this here:

Alt text

And do you remember that guy from episode 1? Well I didn't...until now.

Alt text

• Who is that in the second pic? ._.

I'm just gonna put this here: And do you remember that guy from episode 1? Well I didn't...until now.

• Unless in the borderlands universe humans don't need to be hydrated, the group should have died by about 1/4th of the way through the intro. We haven't been seen drinking anything during the whole series so far.Followup : water hasn't even been seen in the whole series. Mentioned like twice, maybe not even.

• Maybe they drink each others tears as they cry for water

bigdogg0821 posted: »

Unless in the borderlands universe humans don't need to be hydrated, the group should have died by about 1/4th of the way through the intro.

• The 1st black dude on Pandora we see

Poogers555 posted: »

Who is that in the second pic? ._.

• But, this is who should be at the stand

Alt text

The 1st black dude on Pandora we see

• In the trust Fiona beginning, not grabbing the thing controlling loaderbot will make Fiona over jump and hit Vasquez, and fall over, making Vaughn saying "nice dismount"

• "Silence is a valid option" - Trolltale

Hmm... That's definitely going to make my silent playthrough difficult!

• Before clicking on that guy (grease face) if you start walking to the left you'll see him. You get the option to talk ti him but he doesn't say anything and just continues to eat his thing.

But, this is who should be at the stand

• Uh...Tector and Jimbo are horrible people who send you to kill some poor guy's son and murder everyone at a funeral in Borderlands 2's gang war sidequest arc.

yeah it's a shame though, really wanted to kick some ass with Tector, Jimbo, and Loaderbot!

• I know you have to have trusted him at the end of Episode Two. Then, when talking with him on the caravan's roof, it's either after you choose the silence option or tell him letting him take control was a mistake.

How do you get Jack to say: Eh, tomato, to-murder your friends?

• edited June 2015

Edit: Nah, nevermind.

• Yeah they're pretty average for Pandora really.

LawmanZero posted: »

Uh...Tector and Jimbo are horrible people who send you to kill some poor guy's son and murder everyone at a funeral in Borderlands 2's gang war sidequest arc.

• They drank Vaughn's tears while he was paralyzed.

Maybe they drink each others tears as they cry for water

• Now I'm curious.

mirashade posted: »

• I hope this curiosity boils inside of you and brings frustration onto your soul.

In a loving way.

Pipas posted: »

Now I'm curious.

• She was actually declaring her love for Rhyiona in that post.

Now I'm curious.

• Oof, man. That's... that's quite a thought. That kind of hurts my heart to even think about. Ouch. What a horrible thought. :'(

The_Duck posted: »

She was actually declaring her love for Rhyiona in that post.

• dojo32161dojo32161 Moderator
    edited June 2015

Don't worry, your original post stays in my feed, so I know what's up.

mirashade posted: »

• I decided it was a bit early in the waiting to get my ass kicked over something silly. Maybe next time.

dojo32161 posted: »

Don't worry, your original post stays in my feed, so I know what's up.

• I hope this curiosity boils inside of you and brings frustration onto your soul.

My plan is working.

I'm super curious.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.