Royland or Duncan?

Who did you choose? Who do you trust the most?? I honestly don't get all the hate given to Royland,post your ideas in this thread!

Comments

• edited June 2015

I choose Duncan as my sentinel, I thought he'd be more "appropriate" in case something happened since I think he's more level-headed.

But if you asked me "Who do you think is the most loyal" then I'd answer Royland in a heartbeat. Everything about him shows that he'd die for his Lord, remember with Ethan ? He had to be hurt to not jump at Ramsey's throat (and yeah, a hit in the solar plexus with an effing sword handle will paralyze just about anyone, can't blame him for not doing much afterwards, it's impressive that he still managed to talk).

Besides, it's not like despite choosing Duncan as my sentinel I shrugged off all of Royland's proposals. I actually made Ramsey and his soldiers wait at the gate for instance, I agreed that we had to show him we still had some strength left in us.

I think Royland's been getting more and more love as the series go on, when people had just played EP1 they were all like "Huh, this guy is kind of a fool and too hotblooded". And then with his continuous support, teaching of Rodrik how to fight despite his injuries, his willingness to defend Rodrik and Talia from Gryff even if it meant throwing his life away. People were really made aware of his undying loyalty, and they understood that his hot-bloodedness came from a deep attachment to his Lord's family.

He's a great guy imo.

If he turns out to be the traitor I'll call bullshit.

• He sure won't be the traitor,i think there is no traitor. Gwyn is just trying to sow discomfort and hostility in the Forrester family.And yeah i chose duncan too because he's ZE BRAINS

Byakuren posted: »

I choose Duncan as my sentinel, I thought he'd be more "appropriate" in case something happened since I think he's more level-headed. But

• I picked Duncan as my sentinel and have been agreeing with him for the most part as to what to do since he tries to be diplomatic and not go straight to kill'em all mode, not that I don't appreciate that. And I don't hate Royland, he's just a little too eager to pick up a sword and stab anyone, and he's definitely one of the last ones I'd believe would be the traitor.

I do still trust Duncan most but I do still want Royland with me, very worried Ramsey did something to him...

• Man you made me think of something,what if Ramsay DID torture or killed who was staying at ironrath??? (If you went to highpoint with Duncan maybe royland could be dead) I mean even if you make the soldiers stay in ironrath when you return there is no one and there is blood on the ground. Man i didn't think about that.

I picked Duncan as my sentinel and have been agreeing with him for the most part as to what to do since he tries to be diplomatic and not go

• That's what I'm afraid of most! I just can't imagine Royland leaving, especially since he had the soldiers and we did see signs of a battle. And just imagine how bad our relationship with the Glenmores could get too if their soldiers are dead, Quiver/Arthur is the brother to Rodrik's betrothed so... yeah, this whole situation could be spiraling way out of control.

• Royland, he is not gonna hesitate if shit goes down

• edited June 2015

yup

• Yeah! I thought the same" high five

Kruzii posted: »

Royland, he is not gonna hesitate if shit goes down

• Royland, we need a military man and Royland is the best man for the job, plus he was the one standing up for Gared when Duncan was sending him to The Wall.

• and,as mentioned in Byakuren's comment,he was the one that when ethan died,took a shot to the solar plexus with a sword hilt.Whereas Duncan was restrained.
    Royland:
    +Military man
    +Teached Rodrik his badass takedown move
    +Took a sword hilt in the gut
    +Stood up for Gared
    - he is a little bit short tempered.
    Duncan:
    +He's the brains
    +He is kind
    +North Grove thing
    -he's old
    -he can't fight
    -he's TOO kind hearted

Royland, we need a military man and Royland is the best man for the job, plus he was the one standing up for Gared when Duncan was sending him to The Wall.

• Alt text

Yeah! I thought the same" high five

• And i am afraid they will kill him off,just cause he is less popular than duncan (screen time wise,that is) he has more chances of being killed off,because it's a sad death,but at the same time not plot ruining because Duncan is involved with the whole 'North Grove' thing and he is the uncle of Gared,whereas Royland hasn't got connections with the main characters (leaving out Malcolm,who portrays Royland as a great warrior,if you ask him his opinion on who should be sentinel in ep 1,and obviously Rodrik) AND i think if his death doesn't happen by the hands of Ramsay,it will still happen by someone else because if you reveal the whole traitor thing to Lady Forrester (and this will be an important choice) she will show hostility in Royland's regards,so she could hire someone to kill him,and if lady forrester actually IS the traitor,that will make more sense,because if she now knows that someone could think she's the traitor,she blames it on royland.There's more to it,she could kill or hire someone to kill Royland,as he is the captain of all the soldiers at ironrath,maybe because gryff or ludd told her to do so otherwise they would hurt ryon,she then lies to rodrik saying her men interrogated him and he confessed that he was a traitor,so she can now spy with more discretion.If you decide not to spill the traitor thing to lady forrester,she'll think she's not in any danger,and she will not blame and kill Royland for her sake. What do you think about this theory man?

That's what I'm afraid of most! I just can't imagine Royland leaving, especially since he had the soldiers and we did see signs of a battle.

• See I just don't think Lady Forrester could be the traitor, while she obviously loves her family very much, she trusts in Rodrik too much and wouldn't do something as bad as that. While she may get more hostile at Royland, I think that's simply her defensive nature coming out as a mother, this traitor is nothing but a danger to her children in her eyes so she's keeping a close eye and ear out for any hint to take care of it. Plus I couldn't think the traitor would go ahead and kill all the ravens if she was, while that's not the sole way of getting information out, it'd be one of the best and since she has it done after we deal with Gryff, that reinforces my belief that she's clean.

The worst thing she did was send Malcom out to get Asher w/o Ethan knowing upfront, but that was all for the good of the family, and Ethan just fell into being the new lord so this was her doing what she thought was best along with trying to get help from Mira. And if you recall she's also willing to kill ALL the Whitehills, "Even the babes in their beds" so she's ready to spill blood if it comes to that. All in all, she hasn't done anything to make me suspect she's the one.

I'm worried Royland is going to get the Bolton treatment :( I hope there's a way to save him or that maybe he's somewhere safe. It's not like him to run off and hide, but maybe he's finally taking a page out of Duncan's book? We can only hope.

And i am afraid they will kill him off,just cause he is less popular than duncan (screen time wise,that is) he has more chances of being kil

• I bet we'll see his body surrounded by a couple of bolton soldiers with ramsay saying ''i took care of it personally'' or something along those lines.Lady Forrester not being a traitor is also a very plausible option,with Gwyn saying that there is a traitor just to sow discomfort and hostility in the Forrester family.I suggest you see Royland's codex entry it's very interesting (also the gregor forrester one,it explains the rivalry Forrester vs Whitehills

See I just don't think Lady Forrester could be the traitor, while she obviously loves her family very much, she trusts in Rodrik too much an

• Well I choose Duncan. I personally think that a smart guy would be better being the sentinel. And Royland is a bit too crazy for me.

• i respect your opinion :) (he's not a bad choice,i just think Royland's better)

GoldTooth posted: »

Well I choose Duncan. I personally think that a smart guy would be better being the sentinel. And Royland is a bit too crazy for me.

• I made Royland as my sentinal, but I don't trust him. I just made him my sentinal because he is strong,sellsword-Alike,showed Rodrik some moves,half-trusted.

• I picked Royland because hes assertive and and experienced in leading people, so it would be a great assest by your side. Plus if your more diplomatic like Duncan it would help balance your political powers. Royland is loyal.

• Ethan dies anyway :(
    i tried everything ...

• you are wise ... kill i don't want a wise lord . too much trouble
    • you are brave ... kill i don't want a brave lord . too much trouble
    • you are bold ... kill i don't want a bold lord . too much trouble
    • you are a milksop ... kill i don't want a milksop lord . too much trouble

okay , i made up the last one ... but still , i didn't see any real impact of my choices on this episode ... i hope i'm wrong and i'll see them after .

• Ok,i respect your opinion :) i think Duncan SEEMS more trustable,but really isn't

Killah posted: »

I made Royland as my sentinal, but I don't trust him. I just made him my sentinal because he is strong,sellsword-Alike,showed Rodrik some moves,half-trusted.

• Duncan always helps you,no matter who you choose as sentinel i think

I picked Royland because hes assertive and and experienced in leading people, so it would be a great assest by your side. Plus if your more diplomatic like Duncan it would help balance your political powers. Royland is loyal.

• I know that,but i think Telltale is doing their best,would you imagine creating scenarios that affect EVERY ONE of your choices? I think if they let Ethan live there would have been a completely different storyline. Gryff wouldn't have come to Ironrath,maybe Rodrik wouldn't have even come back to ironrath (butterfly effect). Probably Ludd wouldn't have invited us to highpoint and maybe Ryon was still in ironrath

• edited June 2015

I chose Royland. He is far more willing to fight and won't hesitate if it comes to battle

• I agree with both of you. I like Duncan (my sentinel) and after a while I realised Royland is a good guy. And I dont think (and hope) theres a traitor in Ironrath. But how did Gwyn know about the plan to either save Ryon or to throw Griff out of Ironrath?

But why are you thinking Royland is dead or will die? I took him with me to Highpoint and then he arrived with me at Ironrath. In this case he is still alive. Ramsay could also have flayed Duncan. I dont think Duncan has higher chances to survive due to the North Grove quest. If he dies somehow, then I think it would be really "Game of Thrones + Telltale style" if house Forrester only knows about the North Grove if Garred revealed this secret to lady Forrester and/or the maester. Being a loyal and good-hearted rarely ended well.

I bet we'll see his body surrounded by a couple of bolton soldiers with ramsay saying ''i took care of it personally'' or something along th

• I always thought Duncan wasnt much older than Royland? I would guess Royland is about 35-40 years old and Duncan maybe 40-45, but maybe Iam wrong.

and,as mentioned in Byakuren's comment,he was the one that when ethan died,took a shot to the solar plexus with a sword hilt.Whereas Duncan

• edited June 2015

Well I think there is a traitor thus how Gwyn and other Whitehills knew about our plans, and I think it's the Maester personally.

We're both saying Royland's dead since we took Duncan to the Whitehills' meeting, it's just different depending on who you took and who you didn't of course. And whoever you left to defend the keep is almost undoubtedly getting tortured or killed by Ramsay.

N8eule posted: »

I agree with both of you. I like Duncan (my sentinel) and after a while I realised Royland is a good guy. And I dont think (and hope) theres

• he must have the same age as Davos in the show,which i think it's 50-60?

I always thought Duncan wasnt much older than Royland? I would guess Royland is about 35-40 years old and Duncan maybe 40-45, but maybe Iam wrong.

• There has to be a traitor. How else would she know their plans?

He sure won't be the traitor,i think there is no traitor. Gwyn is just trying to sow discomfort and hostility in the Forrester family.And yeah i chose duncan too because he's ZE BRAINS

• I picked Royland at first beause i tought that is what a young boy would decide in the middle of all that chaos, wars etc.
    But i think Duncan is smarter and if Rodrick were to pick someone, i would choose Duncan.

• Yeah I know there has to be a traitor, or at least a good spy. But I think its Tom, I wrote somewhere else a long text about it, in short: He had access to Miras letters. But there are many pros and cons for every single person to be the traitor, it could be everyone, and Telltale is listening, they already changed the story in Walking Dead Season 2 because of that.

And I know you can chose who you will leave at Ironrath, I played the game 5 times so far and watched almost 4 let's plays, I was just wondering why you are just talking about Royland, I thought "you" didnt know you could Duncan leave at Ironrath as well ;).

But Iam sure Ramsay didnt kill/flay Royland/Duncan. Maybe some smallfolk, but not Arthur or Duncan/Royland. Ramsay is not stupid, the Boltons dont need problems with the Glenmores as well and need the Forrester to craft weapons /ships.

I think Rodrik will tell Ramsay that Ludd has taken control of all the ironwood and wanted to enslave the Forresters. Maybe Ramsay will then flay Gryff (maybe he already has) to see if its true. To be honest I dont think Ramsay will do much damage to the Forresters with his visit. Iam only worried about Talia.

Well I think there is a traitor thus how Gwyn and other Whitehills knew about our plans, and I think it's the Maester personally. We're b

• edited June 2015

Why must he be that old? In my opinion he looks much younger than Davos.

But nonetheless, Stannis is about the same age as Davos and he was still a good fighter. A better example is Barristan, he was one of the best. And I really think Duncan is in his mid or late 40s. And I think he can fight. He is always wearing a sword, and probably became castellan for a reason. Yeah he was a friend of Gregor, but Gregor wouldnt appoint him castellan if he hasnt the skill. I chose Duncan as my sentinel, but if I could chose again I would chose Royland ;)

he must have the same age as Davos in the show,which i think it's 50-60?

• Huh, Tom eh? Interesting theory actually, don't think I've heard that one yet, neat!

I want to believe he hasn't done anything and hope nothing bad is going to happen to our guys but i just can't man. After the way episode 1 ended and seeing all that Ramsay has done in the show, that wonderfully evil monster just doesn't care. My heart sank so low after hearing his voice as we came back... I... I just have no faith that everything is going to be okay... that sickening grin scares the hell outta me!

Until we get episode 5 I can't help but be pessimistic about it... I'll be busy biting my nails in the corner until then lol.

Yeah I know there has to be a traitor, or at least a good spy. But I think its Tom, I wrote somewhere else a long text about it, in short: H

• I feel the same way. He cant die or really lose in this game, and thats kinda depressing. And the show made it kinda clear who will kill him one day.

But I can tell you: Iam very confident that Ramsay wont do much harm to the Forresters (again). For one thing his father would be very angry if he "destroys" other houses on his own (I would say he was already mad enough at him for killing Ethan). For another thing his father "needs" weapons, and the Whitehills failed and even took the rest of the forest for themselves. I think Ramsay will flay Gryff. The only thing I dont know is what he will do to Talia. I would guess he wants to challenge Rodrik somehow ("I heared you are a man who cant be broken") and if Rodrik loses he will take Talia as his "ward", or you just lose the game: "Valar Morgulis". Far to much stuff for speculations, but I really dont think Ramsay will continue his ways from episode 1.

Huh, Tom eh? Interesting theory actually, don't think I've heard that one yet, neat! I want to believe he hasn't done anything and hope n

Sign in to comment in this discussion.