Details that people might forget, don't notice or just don't know about Tales From The Borderlands

Comments

• The game files has the Wilhelm fight song from Borderlands 2 in it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VgKLccKk4uc

• Was probably going to say ask his corpse or dead body but then stopped himself for the sake of the plot.

silvereye27 posted: »

No idea if it's a line you always get, but in the present day, Rhys mentions Vasquez being killed, but is also about to bring up another person who was killed too, but is cut off before he can say who it was.

• edited July 2015

But you can also reasonably assume that when the writers put that line in there, they meant at the very least, around ~6 months or more ago.

eRock92 posted: »

Well... he said "last year". We have no knowledge of where the present is at relative to it's current year. The gap can span anywhere between 2 and 729 days. IF he had said a year ago, then the gap would be a year (or a Pandoran year).

• Well, the story IS from about a year prior to the events with the stranger. There must be a lot to tell.

Or maybe they're spending most of their days looking for parts and not actually discussing the story.

Lilacsbloom posted: »

Here's a funny thing to acknowledge: Rhys and Fiona have been telling their story about what happened to the masked stranger for over 2 days...and they're still not done!

• Very true, but I'll still find it funny if they acknowledge how long it's taken to get it all that out XD

Greenzoid2 posted: »

Well, the story IS from about a year prior to the events with the stranger. There must be a lot to tell. Or maybe they're spending most of their days looking for parts and not actually discussing the story.

• dojo32161dojo32161 Moderator

To add to that Pandora has 90 hour days.

Here's a funny thing to acknowledge: Rhys and Fiona have been telling their story about what happened to the masked stranger for over 2 days...and they're still not done!

• Leluch123Leluch123 Banned
    edited July 2015

Yvette approves

Alt text

If you stay silent when Finch asks Fiona if she remembers him, you get this line from Sasha; RIP Sandwich.

• link?

Poogers555 posted: »

Well, in all the other Fiona deaths, Rhys never reacts in anyway, but when this happens, Rhys gets off the floor quickly and yells Edit: Not yell, more liked a super spooked sound

• So if we're counting it by 24 hours a day, that's about 37 days right? o_o damn.

dojo32161 posted: »

And since it was nine days between the start of episode 3 and the end of its opening credits that would mean Vaughn might have been paralyzed for 810 hours.

So if we're counting it by 24 hours a day, that's about 37 days right? o_o damn.

• Picking the flower, but letting the timer run out leads to the flower squirting on both Rhys and Sasha, but then itll be gone from their faces 3 seconds later.

After getting off the elevator with Athena, you can look at a huge fruit which Fiona and Athena say Vaughn could eat in seconds.

• In my first playthrough (Trusted Fiona) they mentioned about the fruit and it didn't make sense to me since Vaughn was still paralysed. Wonder what's the original comment for that version.

Picking the flower, but letting the timer run out leads to the flower squirting on both Rhys and Sasha, but then itll be gone from their fac

• Yeah I was wondering the same thing, because when i found the fruit I was in my trust Jack play through and wondered what happened if Vaughn wanst around for the foot eating. Maybe they just think Vaughn is fat ;-;

Serazone posted: »

In my first playthrough (Trusted Fiona) they mentioned about the fruit and it didn't make sense to me since Vaughn was still paralysed. Wonder what's the original comment for that version.

• There are actually a lot of unused audio files in episode 3 regarding Vaughn's appetite. Especially interesting is a scene where the team attempted to make a map of the Chimera Dome (the Atlas Terraforming Facility). I have no idea what happened after that, but Vaughn apparently got hungry.

Exhibit A, Exhibit B.

(I don't even know if these audio files are related, but it makes for a great mental image.)

Yeah I was wondering the same thing, because when i found the fruit I was in my trust Jack play through and wondered what happened if Vaughn wanst around for the foot eating. Maybe they just think Vaughn is fat ;-;

edited July 2015

Athena can have a different conversation with Janey based on whether or not you revealed what Athena was doing, you can see all of it at 1:16:20 in this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RMU6ptNkqB4

• I think we are slowly moving away from the "Details that people might forget, don't notice or just don't know about" discussion and are entering the "Let´s just list everything that happened this episode" discussion.

• What Athena says if you say "Yeah, sorry about that" at 1:16:44

Athena can have a different conversation with Janey based on whether or not you revealed what Athena was doing, you can see all of it at 1:16:20 in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RMU6ptNkqB4

• Is this a nod to all those videos showing Telltale (TWD) characters using the pole dancing animation from TWAU? I see what you did there, TTG.

• Not many people explored the whole dome, so why not. Walking to where near Athena is, there's a few things to look at. One is a coffee machine that gains Athena's attention, she says she hates Atlas but they make the best lattes. It doesnt work and Athena officially hates Atlas 100% again :3

• A Walking Dead reference in a gun?

So we have the bounty hunter Finch (the one sensitive about his hair) who wields a Double Penetrating Unkempt Harold. Finch's UH is composed entirely of Torgue parts, even the sight (although for some reason the actual sight part is missing while the attachment for the sight remains). Maybe he removed the sight and gave it to Kroger?
    Alt text
    I'm pretty sure others have noted this, but I haven't seen anyone on the forums make the Walking Dead connection.

Probably the best way to get the Unkempt Harold in the main game outside of Torgue's DLC is to farm Savage Lee in Three Horns Divide. Finch is voiced by Dave Fennoy, who also voiced Lee Everett in TTG's The Walking Dead. So a character with the same voice actor as Lee Everett is wielding a pistol that the player can farm from Savage Lee. Sounds like a reference to me.

LawmanZero posted: »

IT'S GUN IDENTIFYING TIME: * Fiona gets hold of a white-rarity Jakobs Scarab assault rifle in the beginning. However, it does NOT fire

• It's extremely likely that it is a reference.

Bluebirdo posted: »

A Walking Dead reference in a gun? So we have the bounty hunter Finch (the one sensitive about his hair) who wields a Double Penetrating

• I've mixed their names up multiple times myself. Made a post about him earlier, had to double check the wiki to make sure I got his name right.

Dang it, I keep doing that, I just feel like the other name fits the opposite one the best. Maybe that's the joke?

• edited July 2015

It's been that way for quite a while, across several games. :/ But I agree with you, that's what many of these comments are.

JackMarco posted: »

I think we are slowly moving away from the "Details that people might forget, don't notice or just don't know about" discussion and are entering the "Let´s just list everything that happened this episode" discussion.

• I"m not sure, might have just missed it, but during the camping scenes where they are telling their story; isn't the giant, ever looming H missing from the sky above them in episode 3?

• Also, another Walking Dead Lee reference, Finch is missing his left forearm/has a mechanical forearm. This was the best screenshot I could find.
    Alt text

Bluebirdo posted: »

A Walking Dead reference in a gun? So we have the bounty hunter Finch (the one sensitive about his hair) who wields a Double Penetrating

• If you trusted Jack, you get this golden line:

Alt text

• edited July 2015

But you could fit the listing everything as the Details people forget. :P

I think we are slowly moving away from the "Details that people might forget, don't notice or just don't know about" discussion and are entering the "Let´s just list everything that happened this episode" discussion.

• edited July 2015

Just a reminder, guys: unused audio files = not canon. So we don't know if they really met with the Stranger one year after the discovery of the Gortys Project

• At least we aren't repeating 3000 times how someone can die if you don't break the ice with your gun, good on us right? ^_^

• Exactly. Might be unused because they scrapped those ideas.

Axton posted: »

Just a reminder, guys: unused audio files = not canon. So we don't know if they really met with the Stranger one year after the discovery of the Gortys Project

• This was the point that I was like,

"I don't care who dies, I clearly made the right decision."

If you trusted Jack, you get this golden line:

• Alt text

This was the point that I was like, "I don't care who dies, I clearly made the right decision."

Cassius was played by Phil LaMarr, but it seems they misspelled his name in the credits.

Alt text

• XD

Cassius was played by Phil LaMarr, but it seems they misspelled his name in the credits.

• Love that he's sitting on thin air. At one point, he even starts pacing off the back of the caravan. Lol.

CraazyCake posted: »

Either Jack is really into yoga, or is sitting on an awesome invisible throne.

• Joke.exe complete. Ha ha ha ha.

• I was just playing Borderlands 2, and in front of Dr. Zed's place in Sanctuary, it says he's open 24/7. So I'm curious as to where it's been said Pandora has 90 hour days.

• When on the machine gun vehicle, you can tell loader bot to help you, kill august, or dont worry about you. Any of those options make loader bot just slam his arm into the ground to slow the vehicle. Not sure what silence does.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.