Who is the traitor?

Comments

• i think that there's no traitor at all. It's just Gwyn putting distress and hostility in the family. We will find out maybe when the next episode is released

• gwynn knew about the plan to rescue ryon or dispel gryff somebody had to tell her.

I'm not entirely sure there is a traitor. Gwyn may have been feeding them false information in order to get Rodrick to self-sabotage his eff

• Putting all my chips on the Maester, had my stink eye on that guy since the first episode where he suggests offering our Ironwood, literally our only bargaining chip. Beyond that, naturally he's sat in on all the meetings so he'd know our plans and his interaction with Gryff in episode 4 could be the best red herring to try and deter us.

Why would Gryff kick the crap out of the Maester if he is the traitor? Because Gryff doesn't know! While his father does stick to family, I'm sure he doesn't trust his son with that kind of information, I mean look at his history; loud, pompous, rash, and very eager to throw his weight around. Would you feel okay telling someone like that you've got an ace up your sleeve?

Plus it fits pretty well since all the ravens were killed and father Whitehill had no idea, the Maester had no way to get a raven out since he was hurt and they were all killed.

Everyone else is just too clean in one respect or another. Royland is loyal to a fault to your house so he's out, Duncan was entrusted with this 'Northern Grove' that very few knew about so he was eliminated from suspicion, and it being your mother makes no sense to me since she's so ready to spill their blood to get her son back that it just doesn't fit. I do like the idea that maybe there being a fox in the hen-house is nothing but a trick angle, I can't believe Gwyn would lie to us, she appears to be of good character through and through so I can't see her telling us some farce.

So yeah, unless they throw a massive curve-ball, that's who it's gotta be in my eyes.

• edited June 2015

My theory is: Everything that happens Talia informs Lord Ramsay and then Lord Ramsay informs Ludd Whitehill or something like that... How? Just because, if you tell for your mother about the traitor, forward in the episode 4, Talia will questioning you something about the traitor, which means that her mother says everything that happens in the small council or elsewhere for Talia... WTF happens in the end of the episode 4? Talia is looking like Theon 'Reek' Greyjoy. Well, in the next two episodes we'll know who is this MTFK traitor and then punish and kill very slowly!

• In EPISODE 1 as Ethan when you notice the food Duncan points out that one time he had to give all his families food to house forrester in a time of need. He may be bitter about his mother/father dying because of this and is plotting revenge. Just a thought. Im replaying episodes to see updates in the older ones. Hoping something new pops up here and there.

• edited June 2015

I could not have said it any better. I just finished E3 a few hours ago, and after playing it I started to get the feeling that she is the traitor and/or is being blackmailed by Whitehall. And if she does not comply, Ryon will be killed.

Honestly, I have my eyes on Lady Forrester. She could be giving away information in exchange for keeping Ryon safe. She especially made me s

• The traitor is......Asher

• Gwyn couldn't have known the Forresters' plans to dispel Gryff/rescue Ryon without there being a traitor.

i think that there's no traitor at all. It's just Gwyn putting distress and hostility in the family. We will find out maybe when the next episode is released

• Damn I dont know, I though it was Ser Royland first, but after seeing a lot of other people play it on YouTube, I am just really confuse now.

• edited June 2015

I think its the mom. she's on the targarian side.

• edited July 2015

Yeah there definetly is traitor, but he/she doenst have to be at Ironrath. Iam thinking Tom could be the "traitor" since he has access to Miras letters and even brings them to her (unsealed), and Mira is talking about her family with him. He is eavesdropping on her talks with Margery and is stalking her. And we know he is working for someone we dont know yet. I think Telltale "wants" us to think he is working for Varys.

I really like everyone at Ironrath, I would be disappointed if one of them is a traitor.

Gwyn couldn't have known the Forresters' plans to dispel Gryff/rescue Ryon without there being a traitor.

• Why would Gryff kick the crap out of the Maester if he is the traitor? Because Gryff doesn't know!

That could be true, but there is also the theory that the maester is Ludds son who went to the citadel and was later assigned (maybe with false back story) to house Forrester. This son (and all the other sons) tormented little Gryff. So maybe Gryff wants to take revenge on his brother, which would also take suspicion from him. Killing two birds with one stone.

I can't believe Gwyn would lie to us, she appears to be of good character through and through so I can't see her telling us some farce.

I thought she was nice benevolent too. But say one bad thing about her father and she defends him. And shes always talking about making peace, but when you visit Highpoint it turns out she agrees with "enslaving" the Forresters. And shes complaining to you about bringing Arthur with you (determinant) since they want to make "peace". But 2 minutes later you enter a room with 5-10 crossbow shooters who are ready to kill you if things escalate, even if you dont bring Arhtur with you. I think shes loyal to her father. Maybe she only cares about the Forresters because Asher is returning and she still loves him.

Putting all my chips on the Maester, had my stink eye on that guy since the first episode where he suggests offering our Ironwood, literally

• edited July 2015

I think we would have known by now if the Maester was the Whitehill brother, Gryff should have been able to recognize him and I find it hard to believe that if he did that he wouldn't have already revealed it intentionally or not from him shouting about it. It's a good theory don't get me wrong, but in all the times Ludd himself has been at Ironrath he has to have seen the Maester and given that he does cherish his family regardless of who they are, I'd wager Ludd would have pulled the Maester out of there to keep him safe since he doesn't like/trust us at all if the Maester really was one of his sons.

Well like us, Gwyn is very loyal to her family and she's been with her father through some bad times, look at it this way for a moment; Ludd lost his wife in child birth, their familiy's ironwood crafting skill are undermined by the Foresters, in an attempt to get better they've accidentally deforested their supply of the trees making them more powerless, and they've been a weak family until the Boltons came up. Just try to take Gwyn's defense of her father with a grain of salt, He's been through some hard times and he hasn't done anything terrible to us, no one has died at Ludd's orders, he's just been huffing and puffing mostly, the worst he's done is taken Ryon.

And as hard as it is to believe, peace is what's in her best interest. If you believe there is a traitor, which I do, we would have only known through her. She came to our funeral pyre to pay her respects for our losses, and she told us how Ryon was doing and was kind enough to give reassuring words to him from us. And she's not really seeing us as being enslaved, Gwyn wanted to ensure both sides were spilling as little blood as possible and through Ludd's way, even though we're basically servants, we are still alive and that is her greatest concern. And you know the crossbowmen weren't her idea, that was simply a power-play from Ludd to try and intimidate us and have us succumb to his offer, I really doubt he planned on using them.

I can understand her being upset for bringing the Glenmore soldiers to the Whitehill keep (I left them at Ironrath myself), I mean we're walking into her family's keep with a small garrison of soldiers, on the surface it does look like we're ready to start a fight, I know from our perspective it's not that way, but try seeing it from her side. With all that, it still has me believing she's not trying to screw us over or anything, she's just looking for the solution where everyone's breathing.

N8eule posted: »

Why would Gryff kick the crap out of the Maester if he is the traitor? Because Gryff doesn't know! That could be true, but there is

• I get why you might think it's Lady Forester and that Gwyn herself may be having us chase a red herring. But why/how do you think it could be Rodrik? Are you saying that in the in-between scenes he's been doing things or something else? Just want to know your theory with him since we play as him he's automatically ruled out in my book but I'd still like to hear your thoughts.

Well, there is someone who is easily overlooked as a possibility: Rodrik Now, I realize this is very unlikely, he would not really have h

• I'm still thinking that maybe Duncan is wanting Gared to find the North Grove for his own needs, not House Forrester's.

• I almost agree with you in every point you said, nice lines ;). I was saying Iam not sure if I can trust Gwyn, but "while" playing I liked her and wanted to trust her. Just like Duncan, there is so much speculation that he could be the traitor which made me skeptical, but while playing I really like him and hope hes not the traitor. At the moment we cant really tell if Gwyn is playing a good game or if she really is benevolent. I really hope you are right.

But I dont agree with you on one point

He's been through some hard times and he hasn't done anything terrible to us, no one has died at Ludd's orders, he's just been huffing and puffing mostly

This Telltale Game is maybe the best one I've every played, but the two houses are a little to much black and white. The Whitehill soldiers are unfriendly, sitting in Rodriks way, laughing about Ethans dead, threatening Rodrik and make fun of him because he has some terrible scars and cant walk very well. This kinda represents house Whitehill. And Ludd himself hasnt killed anyone, I agree. But he acted extremly unfriendly, unrespectful and selfish. For example: spitting at Ethans feet because his father died and he didnt killed him himself. Saying "You brought this on yourselfs" while Ethan is dying. Talking bad about Ethan after he died. Trying to prevent Rodriks wedding with Elaena Glenmore. Humiliating Rodrik with kissing the ring (at least its determinant). Taking all the ironwood trees . Wounding Ryons face with a fork. And of course he is trying to kill the Forresters, provoking them so he has a "good" reason to kill them with his army he is hiring. He is not as evil as Ramsay of course, but he is definetly evil. He had problems with Gregor and there was always problems between Whitehills and Forresters. But if he would have been nice to Ethan and Rodrik then there could have really been peace between them, and the Whitehills still would have half of the ironwood. But he wants to destroy the Forresters, and I would call this evil.

the worst he's done is taken Ryon

Losing Ryon was horrible, but thats one of the few things I cant hold against Ludd. Ramsay ordered him to take Ryon, and even his bannermen cant disobey an order from the warden of the north, or his son (with full authority).

I think we would have known by now if the Maester was the Whitehill brother, Gryff should have been able to recognize him and I find it hard

• I hope Duncan isn't the traitor. I really like him for some reason.

• Alt text

In all seriousness, I have no Clue. Ser Royland maybe?

• No, way he is not that type of person. IMO: The Maester, or there is no traitor.

In all seriousness, I have no Clue. Ser Royland maybe?

• edited July 2015

I completely understand your reasoning about Ludd, I feel the same way you do from his disrespectful actions that the guy is a jerk. Gwyn however is just seeing her Father who may have been a different guy before he lost his wife, in a different light then we can is all, plus I'm sure her father isn't mentioning any of that stuff you said to her so her opinion is getting more warped . And yeah, I'm afraid in one corner that maybe this is all some ruse but I have to believe otherwise lol.

I am kinda hoping though that he'll do something irreparable in front of Gwyn that will turn around her own way of thinking but we'll just have to wait and see.

N8eule posted: »

I almost agree with you in every point you said, nice lines . I was saying Iam not sure if I can trust Gwyn, but "while" playing I liked her

• What gif is that?

that .gif is only reserved for burns, good sir/madam.

• I don't know, to me it would be strange to hear someone say, "I can't believe I trusted her," about their own mother. What about trusting one's mother is unbelievable?

medcsu posted: »

Duncan and Royland are (basically) eliminated as I highly doubt that Telltale would stagger the traitor based on the decision of the player.

• I was kind of thinking it might be Talia too. She probably feels bad about it and I bet the Ellisa knows, but won't tell Rodrick.

I think Duncan and Gywn have kept in contact more than he has let on. I wonder what else they have talked about.

My theory is: Everything that happens Talia informs Lord Ramsay and then Lord Ramsay informs Ludd Whitehill or something like that... How? J

• the (Not a) rapper Supa Hot Fiya dissin people and spitting out words like it's Supa Hot Fiyaaaaaa

What gif is that?

• [removed]

• edited July 2015

If the theory that the Maester is the older brother of Gryff (the one who went to the citadel) was true, than he could be the traitor. The beating can be explained by the fact that Gryff doesn't like his older brothers (according to the Whitehill daughter), so perhaps he was having some revenge for past time bullying?

Killah posted: »

Could be Royland, Duncan can not be the traitor because of the North Grove secret. And Maester might not be the traitor because he was getting beaten by Gryff which means we must take him out of the list.

• edited July 2015

plus I'm sure her father isn't mentioning any of that stuff you said to her do her opinion is getting more warped

Thats a good point, I hadnt considered that. Now I see that whole scene at Highpoint in a different way. She seemed quite shocked about Rodrik "and" Ludds behavior.

To quote Tyrion: "I think we have an understanding then." I really liked that conversation with you, its nice sharing opinions on such a high level, and I think we both learned a few things. Lets see what episode 5 brings ;). Cheers!

I completely understand your reasoning about Ludd, I feel the same way you do from his disrespectful actions that the guy is a jerk. Gwyn ho

• edited July 2015

My bet is on the Maester, it's more a matter of ruling out the other suspects, and his position is often suspiciously compliant toward the whitehills . I don't think he's actually bad and an evil plotter from the begining, I think he probably try to avoid a massacre.

My second bet would be someone out of the small council, who could get his informations from a naive member, the kind of character so unimportant that the players wouldn't think of him.

• edited July 2015

Fishy moments!

Episode 2 lady forrester at the funeral "if you have to murder every whitehill down to their blah you must be ready to defend us! Promise me!"

Episode 4 her while the gryff beat down "i want gryff dead believe me but not at the cost of ryons life..."

What!?

• there is a traitor... Someone told whitehills about the plan to rescue ryon of dispel gryff

TheLier posted: »

No, way he is not that type of person. IMO: The Maester, or there is no traitor.

• not a bad guess. But if the maester is trying to avoid massacre oh boy he has one waiting for him in the end you can count on that from my side.

Deorman posted: »

My bet is on the Maester, it's more a matter of ruling out the other suspects, and his position is often suspiciously compliant toward the w

• Damn this whole traitor business...I like my small council, why must there be a traitor..?

My bets are still on the Maester even after the beating he received.

• I think you're just interpreting those moments in the wrong light. I'll do my best to explain what she meant.

When she says, "Murder every Whitehill, even the babes in their beds" bit, that's her maternal side roaring out. One of her sons was murdered in front of her and died in her arms, and another was kidnapped by their lifelong enemies and she has no idea if he's being hurt or not. Like any good mother, Lady Forester is just worried about her family, especially her children and that phrase shows how willing she is to kill to get her son back. Nothing fishy really, just one really mad mamma who wants her child back safely.

As for the other, while she and everyone else Forester does have that gut reaction to kill Gryff, she knows it'd be a bad idea. Right now, and the episode further shows, that Gryff is their best bargaining chip into getting Ryon back. If Gryff is dead then the Whitehills would more than likely act in kind and kill Ryon too. So they have to keep him alive, w/o him, they've got nothing to work with.

Fishy moments! Episode 2 lady forrester at the funeral "if you have to murder every whitehill down to their blah you must be ready to def

• I am the traitor lol

• I actually really hope it's Lady Forrester so I won't have to take any heads. Atleast her reason would be totally understandable for Ryon's sake. But if it's someone else then so be it, their head will be detached and they'll get replaced by whom(One of the other playables) returns to Ironrath. Valar Morghulis.

• Come on, guys. It's obvious.
    It's either the damn Maester or Duncan. They are just..so suspicious. They act like they doesn't even want to be in this fucking House and yet here goes everyone over thinking the traitor.

I may be wrong but who got beaten up? The Maester.
    Who is "He" in the Episode 5 preview? I doubt that it is Ser Royland.

"He" is the traitor. Which crosses Lady Forrester out.
    And the only "Traitors" remain are Duncan, Ser Royland or The Maester.

Ser Royland would die for Rodrik as seen in Episode 4, but it isn't Canon but it shows that Ser Royland would DIE.
    So that crosses Ser Royland out. He doesn't seem to be suspicious at all.

Ser Royland was there when Ethan died, when Rodrik became the new Lord. And where was Duncan? probably was fapping in the Woods.

And now we get to Duncan..he seems just as suspicious as The Maester and we even see him selling Ironwood to the Night's Watch for "Better defence against the Wildlings."
    So, we have two "Traitors" in the Small Council.

And for all we know, I could be wrong. And so will everyone. Maybe Whitehill's daughter was a lying bitch or she either was forced to give them false information but some of the truth.

Hell, for all we know there could be Two Traitors in the small council.

• He may not be Gryff's brother Ebbert, because Ortengryn isn't a Whitehill, he's from the Vale according to the bio.

Pydron posted: »

If the theory that the Maester is the older brother of Gryff (the one who went to the citadel) was true, than he could be the traitor. The b

• edited July 2015

I think Royland or Duncan are out - depending on your choices, one of them should have been around you nearly all the time and thus had no real time to give Information to the Whitehills. Lady Forrester as a traitor seems absurd to me - what Motive should she have to betray her children? Just the vague hope of saving Ryaon by betraying her other son and her daughter?

As for the maester - when you look at the tapestry in Castle whitehill, you learn that one of the whitehill sons IS a maester. It does not seem too far fetched that the forrester maester is keeping Tabs on house Forrester and sending his knowledge to Oldtown, the maesters citadel. And this way, the Information might reach the Whitehill-Son. Thus, the maester might betray house forrester without even realising it.

• dont forget about Talia .... we dont know what she was doing with Snow

• I wonder if thr traitor is like a Crooked Man type thing where we don't even know the traitor because we havn't even met him yet.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.