Details that people might forget, don't notice or just don't know about Tales From The Borderlands

Comments

• RHYIONA SHIPPERS, COME HERE QUICK-

Poogers555 posted: »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rs4JcNSiqJY&feature=youtu.be

• Out of nowhere, you have to fight the Raid Boss...BIGGGGGGGGBBBBBYYYYYY!

(In a bunch of extremely hard QTEs you MUST get in one go.)

SCR4P-TP posted: »

They're going to beat us up for skipping the credits for the entire season, I know it

• True, but it has never been specified in canon either. I think assuming this line that telltale wrote gives some indication to the passage of time isn't baseless. Especially given that Prosperity Junction and the World of Curiosities where they meet in Episode 1 is abandoned and piled with layers of sand in present day, meaning a considerable amount of time has passed. It's something to go off of, even if it isn't 100% confirmed.

Axton posted: »

Just a reminder, guys: unused audio files = not canon. So we don't know if they really met with the Stranger one year after the discovery of the Gortys Project

• Speaking of details people might not notice; In the present I remember there being a skeleton hanging from the Prosperity Junction sign while in the past it was a dead Psycho body. And I'm pretty sure there was a skeleton of the skag that was run over in the past too. So it had to take a while for that to happen, even with the possibility of environmental factors like Rakks speeding up the process.

LoseMyHome posted: »

True, but it has never been specified in canon either. I think assuming this line that telltale wrote gives some indication to the passage o

• Exists subtitles,we can fix it for them XD.

dojo32161 posted: »

Cassius was played by Phil LaMarr, but it seems they misspelled his name in the credits.

• Is it just me or did that part feel like a little joke to how 'things happen regardless to what you pick?'

bigdogg0821 posted: »

When on the machine gun vehicle, you can tell loader bot to help you, kill august, or dont worry about you. Any of those options make loader bot just slam his arm into the ground to slow the vehicle. Not sure what silence does.

• To be fair, kinda hard to tell the difference between a joke about things happening regardless of what you pick and things happening regardless of what you pick.

Lilacsbloom posted: »

Is it just me or did that part feel like a little joke to how 'things happen regardless to what you pick?'

• Vaughn deserves a medal

And since it was nine days between the start of episode 3 and the end of its opening credits that would mean Vaughn might have been paralyzed for 810 hours.

• I don't know if this has been pointed out yet but in episode 1 when Vasquez is talking to August on the phone he says "say hi to your mom" implying that he knows his mother. Now I might be kind of reaching here but maybe this is further proof that Vallory is August's mother? I dunno just seems weird they would throw in that line :p

Alt text

• Green... We already know that Vallory is August's mother, she can say so if you it was August's fault. Silly Green! ;3

Green613 posted: »

I don't know if this has been pointed out yet but in episode 1 when Vasquez is talking to August on the phone he says "say hi to your mom" i

• Vallory is confirmed to be August's mom. If you blame August in the beginning, she calls him son, rips out his nose piercing, and then August yells out "MOM!" So I think it's safe to say Vallory is August's mom.

I don't know if this has been pointed out yet but in episode 1 when Vasquez is talking to August on the phone he says "say hi to your mom" i

• Oh really? I didn't even notice that :P

Vallory is confirmed to be August's mom. If you blame August in the beginning, she calls him son, rips out his nose piercing, and then August yells out "MOM!" So I think it's safe to say Vallory is August's mom.

• Skip to 12:43

Click here

Oh really? I didn't even notice that :P

• "are you sassing me, son?" :'D

Green... We already know that Vallory is August's mother, she can say so if you it was August's fault. Silly Green! ;3

• Well it doesn't neccesarily really mean they're 100% non-canon, there have been cases where some audio gets reused eventually or slightly altered. Like the conversation about the strangers mask was unused audio in episode 2 but was later used in episode 3 and there was unused audio in episode 2 of Rhys in the present time imitating Fiona being scared which sounds like an altered version of the dialouge in episode 3 when Rhys calls out Fiona when she "embelished" her part of the story about Vallory.

Axton posted: »

Just a reminder, guys: unused audio files = not canon. So we don't know if they really met with the Stranger one year after the discovery of the Gortys Project

• The Wiki. Also according to the Wiki borderlands is in the year 5252, even though they said there was no mention of time. I fixed it to the 2860's.

I was just playing Borderlands 2, and in front of Dr. Zed's place in Sanctuary, it says he's open 24/7. So I'm curious as to where it's been said Pandora has 90 hour days.

• dojo32161dojo32161 Moderator

Actually Tannins mentions the 90 hour cycle on her echo recording of Day 43.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=y0J_KNap6EA

The Wiki. Also according to the Wiki borderlands is in the year 5252, even though they said there was no mention of time. I fixed it to the 2860's.

• Okay, so it was bugging me who Vallory's voice actress was, because I thought that voice seemed very familiar and unique. I could have sworn I recognised it. And then I found out that Susan Silo, the voice of Vallory, was also the voice of;

Alt text

Wuya from Xiaolin Showdown! One of the biggest parts of my childhood.

I was so happy when I found out :D

• If you make an alliance with Jack, Fiona will say "Well. Are all your friends mass killers?" when Rhys doesn't respond she puts a disgusted face on. However comma if you did NOT make an alliance with Jack, she said "Wow. I didn't know you had it in ya." when Rhys doesn't respond this time she puts a concerned face on.

• Later at the bar scene with Fiona when August talks to Vas in that situation, August responds with "Well you say hi to your-...He hung up."

• Holy crap, I haven't thought about that show in a long time, for some reason I thought she sounded familiar but I couldn't put my finger on it. I used to love this show when I was younger, thanks for the memories.

Okay, so it was bugging me who Vallory's voice actress was, because I thought that voice seemed very familiar and unique. I could have sworn

• Let's keep er goin. Every episode has started in the Present

• The first one's a Steson, the second one's a wide-brim with very fancy and shiny eagle motifs.

silvereye27 posted: »

Mind you, Jack really liking hats is a bit of a reference to Nisha from The Pre-Sequel, since she has a real cowboy get up going on, including matching hat.

• Ooooh, nice!

Bluebirdo posted: »

Also, another Walking Dead Lee reference, Finch is missing his left forearm/has a mechanical forearm. This was the best screenshot I could find.

• Every intro involves a vehicle!

bigdogg0821 posted: »

Let's keep er goin. Every episode has started in the Present

• Rhys is in every intro.

Every intro involves a vehicle!

• Vaughn is in every intro!

Rhys is in every intro.

• Pewds should really play this game. His playthroughs where he plays storydriven stuff are the only ones I can stand. xD

• Vasquez's strippers are still waiting in his office...

Alt text

• Every intro has an intro.

Vaughn is in every intro!

• I thought the same thing while I was watching my sister play Episode 3. I googled Susan Silo's wikipedia page then snapped my fingers and shouted "motherfucking Wuya."

Okay, so it was bugging me who Vallory's voice actress was, because I thought that voice seemed very familiar and unique. I could have sworn

• It's alright, they are paid by the hour and after 4 they get time and a half. The ladies will be alright.

Vasquez's strippers are still waiting in his office...

• The ladies will be alright.

How do you know they're ladies?

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

It's alright, they are paid by the hour and after 4 they get time and a half. The ladies will be alright.

• You can scan Vaughn when he's paralyzed and it'll look like this without the jack-apedia

Alt text

• How dare the game call Vaughn a weasel ;-;

You can scan Vaughn when he's paralyzed and it'll look like this without the jack-apedia

Gortys has some kind of writing on her gams.

Alt text

• So, this happened.

Alt text

The files that appear before Cassius LeClemaine's file.

Alt text

Alt text

Alt text

• Model swapping or a glitch? xD

So, this happened.

• Maybe it's a cipher?

Gortys has some kind of writing on her gams.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.