Details that people might forget, don't notice or just don't know about Tales From The Borderlands

Comments

• After Gortys hides, I looked for where loaderbot went, and here he was :P

bigdogg0821 posted: »

Model swapping or a glitch? xD

• Interesting.. I never got to exploring after Gortys had her "oops" moment :I

Poogers555 posted: »

After Gortys hides, I looked for where loaderbot went, and here he was :P

• Yeah, I figure its a glitch :P

Interesting.. I never got to exploring after Gortys had her "oops" moment :I

• And here was I thinking that Vallory was voiced by Kate Mulgrew!

I can't have been the only one haha, she sounds so much like Flemeth...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O9EBcOUhgbA

Okay, so it was bugging me who Vallory's voice actress was, because I thought that voice seemed very familiar and unique. I could have sworn

• edited July 2015

Jack breaks the fourth wall twice; first by noticing the remember notice and second in the Jack-apedia and the loot chart.
    Alt text

• [waiting FOER backup] ????
    Which language should that be? XD

Dapnee posted: »

Not only does Rhys have his own hacking program, he continues to name all of his files/accounts dorky things.

• You know what would've been funny? If after picking the "romantic?" dialogue and giving Sasha the flower, they'd add in Fiona interrupting the story again and say, "Wait a minute, were you actually flirting with my sister?!" And Rhys would try to explain himself.

But, that doesn't happen. :P

• Just spent two days reading all comments of this thread. FINALLY SOMETHING THAT KEEPS ME FROM CHECKING MY FACEBOOK NOTIFICATIONS. And before you say i dont have a life - i do. Hehe.

In the intro, rhys follows an echo device to find fiona.

• DeltinoDeltino Moderator

On the topic of ECHO-eye scans, the make/model of Loader Bot changes based on what you equipped him with in episode 1 (riot shield or minigun)

If you chose the minigun, he's listed as a modified GUN-loader when you scan him

If you chose the riot shield, he's listed as a modified BUL-loader

• Both Handsome Jack and Vallory have asked if Fiona is the brains or leader of the outfit.

• Possibly an acronym, but it can always be a misspelling.

Sardia posted: »

[waiting FOER backup] ???? Which language should that be? XD

• What the heck? How's that thing changed that much and why?

You can scan Vaughn when he's paralyzed and it'll look like this without the jack-apedia

• In the intro, when the scene goes to the campfire, Fiona is checking her pistol for a second. It's hard to see but the motion she takes is flicking da wrist and using her other hand to conceal it.

• Welp, TT is doing subtle little retcons... Someone mentioned in another thread how Rhys' eye changed to yellow all the way back when Jack enhanced it in the desert, as opposed to only after he took control in the ep.2 ending. And it does... now. But I could have sworn it didn't before, and I was right - in an old let's play on YT it doesn't happen at all. So if we want to speculate over little details, I guess we must be prepared for them to change over the course of TFTB production.

Alt text

• In some playthroughs it was yellow, in others it wasnt. Maybe a choice, maybe a glitch.

Welp, TT is doing subtle little retcons... Someone mentioned in another thread how Rhys' eye changed to yellow all the way back when Jack en

• Idk... with how many playthroughs I've done - and watched - of this game, I'd say it's a recent-ish addition. Is there anyone who replayed ep.2 recently (after ep.3 and updates and all) and still had the blue eye?

In some playthroughs it was yellow, in others it wasnt. Maybe a choice, maybe a glitch.

• I can replay and get back to you in 4-6 hours xD

Idk... with how many playthroughs I've done - and watched - of this game, I'd say it's a recent-ish addition. Is there anyone who replayed ep.2 recently (after ep.3 and updates and all) and still had the blue eye?

• Alt text

No, but really... I'm curious.

I can replay and get back to you in 4-6 hours xD

• Oh pleaaaase let them do that for episode 4, pleaaase!

You know what would've been funny? If after picking the "romantic?" dialogue and giving Sasha the flower, they'd add in Fiona interrupting t

• edited July 2015

I've seen this in one of the playthroughs on youtube. Btw this guy was playing right after the episode came out I think, so... no idea what it is. Btw, it still turns blue once you're about to scan Vasquez's toys.

Alt text

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GxnwHT2eqwI

Idk... with how many playthroughs I've done - and watched - of this game, I'd say it's a recent-ish addition. Is there anyone who replayed ep.2 recently (after ep.3 and updates and all) and still had the blue eye?

• edited July 2015

Ugh, this is so confusing... Idek anymore... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Ahahaha, I'm going nuts... hurry up, ep.4...

There was once a player of Telltale

That wanted to know what all the details would entail

So she used all her saves

And she watched all let's plays

But the truth she could never quite nail

(she couldn't write poetry either)

DeityD posted: »

I've seen this in one of the playthroughs on youtube. Btw this guy was playing right after the episode came out I think, so... no idea what

• Yeah I was wondering why she hadn't interuped him when he said romantic that would be hilarious...come on TT! make it happen!

You know what would've been funny? If after picking the "romantic?" dialogue and giving Sasha the flower, they'd add in Fiona interrupting t

• It was probably just a glitch.

Welp, TT is doing subtle little retcons... Someone mentioned in another thread how Rhys' eye changed to yellow all the way back when Jack en

• why would fiona be surprised? she probably knows they are togheter now lol

Leluch123 posted: »

Yeah I was wondering why she hadn't interuped him when he said romantic that would be hilarious...come on TT! make it happen!

• Which one, the blue eye? Because it happened again and again, in all of my playthroughs (+/- 6) and literally all of the lp's I watched (ugh... about 5?) before ep.3 came out.

So I'm pretty sure atm it's something TT just changed - which is ok, it's a minor thing that I assume just fits the story better now - but still, it seems to be a change... or otherwise a really recurrent glitch. Well, unless it's directly tied to Jack choices, since I admit I have a strong preference for pro-Jack playthroughs. But that doesn't make much sense, as the scene happens regardless of what you choose.

Just as a side note, I'm not hung up on this or anything, it might be a glitch after all, I'm just somewhat curious, and kinda bored ;)

Pipas posted: »

It was probably just a glitch.

• Hmm good point but She doesn't seem like the one to pass on othe opportunity to mock Rhys for his lack of flirting skills

AstroZombie posted: »

why would fiona be surprised? she probably knows they are togheter now lol

• edited July 2015

she didn't mock because he succeeded :3

Hmm good point but She doesn't seem like the one to pass on othe opportunity to mock Rhys for his lack of flirting skills

• Hehe I like you, you should visit Rhysha thread more often ;)

AstroZombie posted: »

she didn't mock because he succeeded

• There was unused audio of Future Rhys telling Fiona that Sasha complimented him right off the bat

Hmm good point but She doesn't seem like the one to pass on othe opportunity to mock Rhys for his lack of flirting skills

• Can I hear that?

Poogers555 posted: »

There was unused audio of Future Rhys telling Fiona that Sasha complimented him right off the bat

• I got athena throwing a log at it. Weird.

mirashade posted: »

1.) Trusting Jack, you'll get to interact with Dumpy in the area before opening the Atlas gate. Interacting with it 3 times will make it cir

• Uh, if I can find it again

Can I hear that?

• edited July 2015

http://vocaroo.com/i/s04QjKmDJdxJ

Although, It kinda sounds like he's trying to tell Fiona something like Sasha is nice to him but Fiona isnt

Can I hear that?

• With the right choices, at the end of episode 3, Fiona can have 3 of Felix's grenades at the ready.

Jack can act 4 different ways towards you when you wake up , with the choice combinations of Trusting Jack-Making an Alliance : Trusting Jack-Refusing Alliance : Trusting Fiona-Making an Alliance : Trusting Fiona-Refusing Alliance

The dialogue also changes if you Trusted Jack or Trusted Fiona when you determine the alliance with Jack

• Can you post all of the dialogue quotes? I only got the Anti- jack dialogue(Trusting Fiona-rejecting alliance)

With the right choices, at the end of episode 3, Fiona can have 3 of Felix's grenades at the ready. Jack can act 4 different ways towards

• Well I know that if you trust Jack and refuse his alliance after he took control of Rhys' body he tells Rhys he was trying to find someone to bang that looked exactly like Rhys' mom.

AlphaLeague posted: »

Can you post all of the dialogue quotes? I only got the Anti- jack dialogue(Trusting Fiona-rejecting alliance)

edited July 2015

So I was looking up a few Loader Bot related scenes for something, when I noticed something I've never seen before

The playthrough I was watching had him evacuate, but instead of "Loader Bot will store that in memory" coming up...

Alt text

This did.

Did anyone else ever get this?

edited July 2015

I'm still leaning towards glitch. There's a lot of weird things that seem to happen with Rhys' eye

Another example is the beginning of episode 3 if you trusted Jack. Sometimes Rhys' eye will look like this

Alt text

Other times like this (same as the first picture, except that it's blue)

Alt text

Or like this

Alt text

And other times like this (I'm pretty sure this one is how it's meant to look)

Alt text

Given that Telltale's 'engine' is, in all honesty, a janky piece of crap, I wouldn't put it past the game to be loading something incorrectly, or be missing a scripted trigger to change his eye color or something.

Which one, the blue eye? Because it happened again and again, in all of my playthroughs (+/- 6) and literally all of the lp's I watched (ugh

• 2nd and 4th look badass xD

Deltino posted: »

I'm still leaning towards glitch. There's a lot of weird things that seem to happen with Rhys' eye Another example is the beginning of ep

• 3rd and 4th look brilliant

Deltino posted: »

I'm still leaning towards glitch. There's a lot of weird things that seem to happen with Rhys' eye Another example is the beginning of ep

Sign in to comment in this discussion.