Episode 5's Trailer

So, there we have it!

A release date for July 21st which is fantastic news.

Key points of the trailer:
White walkers/Wildlings
Asher & Beskha on a boat
Rodrik & Mira

If anything, this will really be a suspense episode which'll only leave us on a MAJOR cliffhanger for Episode 6, probably with someone getting killed right at the last second and then CUT! No preview for Episode 6.

On Asher's story, Malcolm is STILL YET to feature in any of the two trailers which really has led me to continue to say that he is now dead.. which he is. Malcolm has been killed by Danny's men regardless whether you or Beksha killed Dezor zo Raza.

Going by who we will play the most this episode, will go like this:
1) Asher
2) Mira
3) Rodrik
4) Gared

I will now be sailing on a boat until Episode 6 makes it's debut so I can have a double bill. The struggle will be undeniably real.

Iron from Ice.

Comments

• Well, this is the first trailer, so there's that, and this episode's title and key art all point to King's Landing - it will be Mira focused.

• edited July 2015

Is it wrong that I'm really hoping one of the protagonists dies in this episode? Maybe determinant even, that would be very interesting.

It's just, since episode 1, not one single person on our side has died if I recall correctly, and that's pretty weak for a franchise which is supposed to have lots of deaths.

• There weren't any "whitewalkers" they were "wights". The undead. There is probably a Whitewalker lurking around somewhere though.

• Malcolm is most likely dead because of Beskha killing her master. Just a possible thing
    • There will DEFINITELY be a huge cliffhanger and no preview. Considering the quote on the screen for the episode "When you play the Game of Thrones, you win or you die" maybe Mira will have to help Cersei and then Cersei will kill us after we help her and she says that line haha
    • DON"T worry though Episode 6 will be out 4-6 weeks after
  • edited July 2015

I have a feeling that we can achieve an alliance with Cersei. The Forresters aren't disobedient. The Whitehills took the entire Ironwood forest and need our help now. I think we will be able to talk to Ramsey about that. Towards the end of the trailer you see Wildlings standing there. If you watched Season 5 of Game of Thrones you would know that the Whitewalkers can raise the dead and control them. I hope the episode ends with finding the North Grove, or something very significant happening.

• Which is why I will struggle to not play Episode 5.

Wigams posted: »

There weren't any "whitewalkers" they were "wights". The undead. There is probably a Whitewalker lurking around somewhere though. * M

• Do you remember what Cersei said in Season 1? "Anyone who isn't us is an enemy" or something like that. Basically this bitch doesn't work on logic, unlike Tyrion. Her view is at if you want to stay on top, you have to squash everyone below you.

RisingMiles posted: »

I have a feeling that we can achieve an alliance with Cersei. The Forresters aren't disobedient. The Whitehills took the entire Ironwood for

• -•- " I then squished his balls. They made a weird popping sound".

I don't know why I'm putting this here but I felt like it.

BeastInside posted: »

Do you remember what Cersei said in Season 1? "Anyone who isn't us is an enemy" or something like that. Basically this bitch doesn't work on logic, unlike Tyrion. Her view is at if you want to stay on top, you have to squash everyone below you.

• I think Ramsay will actually kill the Whitehills restraining Rodrik since they disobeyed the Boltons,

• Yeah I was just checking that. So Ramsay did bring Boltons.

• Ramsay: "Walk with me Rodrik"

Me: O_o "okay..." (shit's pants)

In all seriousness I'm really looking forward to our chat with Ramsay I think it'll be very interesting especially since Rodrik knows this man murdered his little brother.

• Why does everyone assume Malcolms dead because he's not in the trailer? By that analogy: Sera is dead, Tom is dead, Morgryn is dead, Andros is dead, Tarwick is dead, Lyman is dead, Ryon is dead, Royland is dead, Duncan is dead, Ortengryn is dead, Elaena is dead, Arthur is dead, Ludd is dead, Gwyn is dead, Gryff is dead, Finn is dead, Cotter is dead, and Croft is dead. the cast just got a lot smaller must've been some crazy natural disaster or something.

• Can anyone good with models figure out which boot belongs to who in the shot of the bloody knife and hand?

• edited July 2015

If someone does manage to do that please post it in a spoiler tag.

Flog61 posted: »

Can anyone good with models figure out which boot belongs to who in the shot of the bloody knife and hand?

• Does it spoil too much like the previous trailer? Should i watch it?

• I don't think it spoils as much as episode 4's, at that's what I believe.

Timurine posted: »

Does it spoil too much like the previous trailer? Should i watch it?

• Yeah, I really don't like how much the game is just building up but not really delivering.

Is it wrong that I'm really hoping one of the protagonists dies in this episode? Maybe determinant even, that would be very interesting.

• I bet those Wights at the end are the group of Wildlings Gared and co killed last Episode.

• I think 'anyone who isn't us is an enemy' really means 'don't trust anyone who isn't in your immediate family', which is fair enough in King's Landing.

BeastInside posted: »

Do you remember what Cersei said in Season 1? "Anyone who isn't us is an enemy" or something like that. Basically this bitch doesn't work on logic, unlike Tyrion. Her view is at if you want to stay on top, you have to squash everyone below you.

• edited July 2015

Well, look at the way she treats Tyrells. She literally crushed them. If she was just distrustful, she would have set up checks and balances to make sure that nothing got out of hand.

Also if that was her motto, she would not be where she is now.

I think 'anyone who isn't us is an enemy' really means 'don't trust anyone who isn't in your immediate family', which is fair enough in King's Landing.

• I hope so! I love all the interactions with Cersei.

Well, this is the first trailer, so there's that, and this episode's title and key art all point to King's Landing - it will be Mira focused.

• Cersei will probably use the fact that Mira is slightly close with Tyrion and will promise her something in return if she does what she wants, and it'll probably be related to Tyrion. But then I feel Cersei will backstab Mira (obviously). So i guess it could be a temporary alliance?

RisingMiles posted: »

I have a feeling that we can achieve an alliance with Cersei. The Forresters aren't disobedient. The Whitehills took the entire Ironwood for

• What about Margaery? we didn't see much of her.

• edited July 2015

It's Rodrik's....

Can anyone good with models figure out which boot belongs to who in the shot of the bloody knife and hand?

• "You KILLED my brother!"
    Can't wait to hear Rodrik scream that.

AgentZ46 posted: »

Ramsay: "Walk with me Rodrik" Me: O_o "okay..." (shit's pants) In all seriousness I'm really looking forward to our chat with Ramsay I think it'll be very interesting especially since Rodrik knows this man murdered his little brother.

• First of all, you didn't tag this is as a spoiler.
    Second, how could you know? tag it this time though.

• Speculation =/= spoiler.

moushira posted: »

First of all, you didn't tag this is as a spoiler. Second, how could you know? tag it this time though.

• Right.

First of all, you didn't tag this is as a spoiler. Second, how could you know? tag it this time though.

• Blind SniperBlind Sniper Moderator
    edited July 2015

The trailer isn't anywhere near as spoilery as Episode 4's trailer. You should be fine.

Timurine posted: »

Does it spoil too much like the previous trailer? Should i watch it?

• Which is Rodrik's? There are two boots

• That one when Ramsay Picks the knife off the ground.

Which is Rodrik's? There are two boots

• Yay! Mira is finally doing something other than trying to work the game. Not that I don't like it but I was worried we'd only get that one episode with Cersei and it's great to see more of Tyrion too. Although I'm going to be really peeved if we're thrown in a cell because she finds that knife since the game never let us do anything with it afterwards if we kept it.

Excited that Gared is actually going to see some of the White Walker army/denizens. Good to know Khalessie isn't going to be helping us out after all by the looks of it... getting real sick of her BS (this and the show). And talk about a nail-bitter situation with Rodrik!

This episode has so much potential going for it I can't wait. I really hope someone dies though, I love all our characters but I think we all know that a death that really means something is long overdue.

• There's a head behind Asher in one of the screenshots that looks a little too similar to Malcom's, is all.

Why does everyone assume Malcolms dead because he's not in the trailer? By that analogy: Sera is dead, Tom is dead, Morgryn is dead, Andros

• edited July 2015

Pig flu man, Gared's dad was a pig farmer after all.

Why does everyone assume Malcolms dead because he's not in the trailer? By that analogy: Sera is dead, Tom is dead, Morgryn is dead, Andros

• I really think that Ramsay and his teaching obedience will play out as Ramsay making Rodrik watch as he flays one of his small council members. Although part of me is thinking it might be Elena... Oh god...

• That's ok. Let ramsay kill all! Except Rodrik.

• erm the trailer description says Mira's activities at the coronation party have reached the ears of Margaery Tyrel or something. I really hope that Mira doesn't switch sides to Cersei because Marg fires her :(

What about Margaery? we didn't see much of her.

• Although part of me is thinking it might be Elena... Oh god...

Jeez, that would be downright horrifying to watch. The sad thing is, it doesn't sound like something he would be above either. I mean, he killed Ethan in cold blood just for being an inconvenience in the way of getting some Ironwood.

• That would get defintly get the Glenmores on the Forresters side though

• Totally agree with you. Also if you look later in the trailer, you see Rodrik looking intently into a fire. Perhaps somebody he cared about was killed and they're burning the body for a funeral service as they fidelity Ethan and Gregor...?

Although part of me is thinking it might be Elena... Oh god... Jeez, that would be downright horrifying to watch. The sad thing is,

• I think that scene was indoors though? It could've been at the fireplace inside the hall?

Totally agree with you. Also if you look later in the trailer, you see Rodrik looking intently into a fire. Perhaps somebody he cared about was killed and they're burning the body for a funeral service as they fidelity Ethan and Gregor...?

Sign in to comment in this discussion.