The Whatever's on Your Mind Megathread

Comments

• I think that's what her point is :P

If something is so far over on the scale that they're considered something else, is it appropriate to still associate it with the former scale?

• Ah, my mistake, a little confused.

No, they are, hence the coin reference. What I'm saying is that they might not hold the same values as people who might describe themselves

• Season 2 is even better in my opinion. But I don't know about season 3 yet, I just got started. :P

_Juice_Box_ posted: »

Just finished Orange Is the New Black season one (I know I'm late af on the bandwagon, but still )

• edited July 2015

In as much as male rapists are part of the category 'men', yeah.

Again, the problem lies in assuming that all feminists are like that, as with assuming all men are rapists.

Most modern feminists don't hate men. Most men don't rape women. So it's incredibly unhelpful, and ignorant, to say things like 'modern feminists hate men', and 'men are rapists'.

Viva-La-Lee posted: »

Modern day feminazis are part of modern day feminism, whether or not people want to admit it.

• I disagree.

Anarchy is a form of extreme liberalism. They don't want any form of government control.

• I find modern day feminism in first world countries to just be a joke. They complain about the most ridiculous things like Lara Croft's boobs, rather than helping actual feminists in third world countries achieveing actual things that need to happen like letting women drive, vote, enlist, et cetera.

Flog61 posted: »

Modern day feminism is fine. True modern feminism is currently focused on intersectionality, which is an excellent ideal. Fighting the good

• edited July 2015

In the same way modern politics is a joke because we're worrying about tax percentages when people are dying of starvation in third world countries, yeah.

Expecting a movement to only focus on the most extreme cases of discrimination, which take place outside the country they live in, is a bit far-fetched. It's like saying we're immoral because we could have given the money we spent on the walking dead to starving children.

The issue of 'first world problems' is inherent in every one of us - it is not a problem limited to feminists. At least western feminists are actually targeting (and solving, going by rape education and sex education progress) problems, minor as they may be relative to other countries.

Another issue is that despite saying 'feminists should challenge actual sexism like women not having the vote', the person using this argument, here you, has most likely not done a single thing to help women get the vote in third world countries in their lives. So you end up saying feminists are targeting minor problems of sexism when they should be targeting major ones, when you yourself are targeting neither, which is surely worse.

Critisising feminists for slightly improving the lives of women in their own country and not helping third world women get the vote is very odd. It's like someone stopping a theft, and you saying 'Why are you stopping this theft when on the other side of the planet people are being murdererd?'. You're critisising one good deed for not being good enough while you yourself aren't doing either the deed you critisise nor the deed you reccomend.

I find modern day feminism in first world countries to just be a joke. They complain about the most ridiculous things like Lara Croft's boob

• Another issue is that despite saying 'feminists should challenge actual sexism like women not having the vote', the person using this argument, here you, has most likely not done a single thing to help women get the vote in third world countries in their lives.

If he isn't a feminist then why would he be focusing on those issues when he could have different beliefs and focus on improving those. He can still point out the issues with it...Which I'll go into the next point.

So you end up saying feminists are targeting minor problems of sexism when they should be targeting major ones, when you yourself are targeting neither, which is surely worse.

That's a poor argument Flog. To say he can't point out the flaws with first world feminism because he isn't attempting to support feminism in other countries is a bad argument, you can do better than that.

In the same way modern politics is a joke because we're worrying about tax percentages when people are dying of starvation in third world co

• edited July 2015

Mind saying how it's a bad argument? I'm saying 'Practise what you preach'.

He's saying to people doing 'one good' 'you should do ten good!' while he is doing 'zero good', where 'good' is an arbitrary unit of progress against sexism.

His argument also ignores that it's much easier for people to change their own country's politics than one on the opposite side of the globe whose language they don't even speak, so, time-wise, they're probably making much more progress against sexism here than they possible could as white English girls in Saudi Arabia.

Another issue is that despite saying 'feminists should challenge actual sexism like women not having the vote', the person using this argume

• Another analogy would be "Why are you donating to the local food bank when there are starving children in Africa?". Like excuse me for wanting to support women wherever they are in the world, even if the problem being talked about is less severe. I swear people here have a little alarm bell that goes off in their heads when a user points out that real feminism isn't the feminazi shit they like to get mad about. As another user here stated, should we condemn all Christians because of people like the Westburo Baptist Church?

Mind saying how it's a bad argument? I'm saying 'Practise what you preach'. He's saying to people doing 'one good' 'you should do ten goo

• edited July 2015

Mind saying how it's a bad argument? I'm saying 'Practise what you preach'.

However, practice what you preach is for when you are something. You can't honestly expect someone that's pointing out issues that they don't practice to have to practice it for their opinion to matter. It's like someone saying that someone's story or drawing sucks and someone saying "I bet you can't do any better". It's a poor argument.

He's saying to people doing 'one good' 'you should do ten good!' while he is doing 'zero good', where 'good' is an arbitrary unit of progress against sexism.

He's saying that you're doing good in a place where it isn't exactly needed (Before you jump on me for this, I mean acting like things as Video games and cat calling are a huge deal. Yes, it is a deal but not big) while you could put your time and energy into helping awareness and other issues in other countries in which feminism is needed more.

they're probably making much more progress against sexism here than they possible could as white English girls in Saudi Arabia.

That's true, although progress has slowed into small issues than large ones. Yes, it will be hard to change sexism in other countries...Hell, it was hard to change sexism in our own countries. However, accepting that we can't do anything and working only on the small issues is what make first world feminism laughed at by others. People can raise awareness and do other things. Will I create an awareness program? No, probably not. Would I join one? Yes.

@AllThatRemains

I swear people here have a little alarm bell that goes off in their heads when a user points out that real feminism isn't the feminazi shit they like to get mad about

In case this was directed at me for some reason, I am not mad about this nor am I saying all feminism is bad. I was merely pointing out Flog's bad argument and attempting to express my opinion on what I took from Shubba's comment.

Mind saying how it's a bad argument? I'm saying 'Practise what you preach'. He's saying to people doing 'one good' 'you should do ten goo

• dojo32161 posted: »

You won't be hearing any more comparisons between gay marraige and cannibalism in the near-future. What the flip did I miss?

• edited July 2015

Except the feminazis succeed in many of their political aims, rapists do not. These feminists are getting companies and organizations changed to suit their wants, rapists are not getting rape legalized or okayed.

In as much as male rapists are part of the category 'men', yeah. Again, the problem lies in assuming that all feminists are like that, as

• Most modern feminists don't hate men.

I don't agree with that. Maybe it's just me, but I don't see a lot of feminists which don't discriminate in favor of their sex in some way, be it slight or major, conscious or unconscious. I rarely ever see many feminists that know what they're talking about, especially on Tumblr.

A lot of women today try to empower themselves simply for being women, it's the little sexist things like that that they're encouraged to think in light of female empowerment that make bad use of feminism. For example, I saw a post on tumblr saying "women are made of pain" - a lot of other girls started freaking about it and I found it pretty sexist. How can you be stronger because you're a woman? I assumed that's what it meant, if not something more stupid.

Also, what real progress are "feminists" doing? What is this "one good" that they're doing? I don't see anything they do (unlike feminazis who really do make bad progress) besides bashing the reblog button. Does that achieve any progress?

In as much as male rapists are part of the category 'men', yeah. Again, the problem lies in assuming that all feminists are like that, as

• edited July 2015

Alt text

Well it's story time again! Hope ye enjoy!

GTA Online Journal: Fails and Randomness + Bonus story

Over the course of me sharing my adventures, you only got to know the parts where I'm really good. But like all other players, I have my moments of getting demolished from others who were one step ahead of me, to me just being absolutely clumsy or stricken with bad luck. This time I'm gonna share my many fails and random moments, along with a little trolling moment I had in the game as a bonus.

I sometimes find myself getting into the worst of luck, when I'm confident in my tactics the world goes "NOPE." Recently I stopped playing heists since the endless failures, horrible connections and players leaving all the time killed the fun for me. Usually I'm the most successful except there was this one time where I cost the whole team and we had to start over. In the Prison Break Wet Work job me and my partner had to kill the mansion owner, and we sniped the 3 guards we could see no problem. Until the moment I hopped over a wooden fence the guards were alerted when I wasn't near the mansion yet. So we hurried and the target went down to his van behind the mansion below. I tried to get to him as I was high above, so I tried to climb on top the porches wall... thing. At least I intended that, but my character had other plans, and fucking dived over and fell to her death. ._. In another heist, Pacific Standard Bike setup, we drove to this warehouse place and I climbed over the wall and hid behind a large cargo crate and shot down everyone. The coast was clear and none were on radar so I rushed into the open to get one of the bikes. I was distracted by my partner in the car running over an enemy, and suddenly on my left where the bike, is one sneaky biker with shotgun blowing me to death. We lost after that and restarted. We ran up to the site again and while in the middle of the road my team started shooting and I noticed traffic getting wild so I ran to the wall for safety but one random NPC just went "WAPOW!" into me and killed meh. -_-

I've done a ton of deathmatches and some moments I just happened to get screwed in someway or another. One day I was playing a deathmatch on this cove with a bunch of junk and a shed. There was a mountain I was on for good vantage shots, and three were coming towards me. I took out my shotgun and fired down at the gun very closely below me, somehow my assisted aim didn't work and I missed which in turn then guy shot my boobs and I died. lol In another one it was in Del Perro bay and the players had the tendency to use the rooftops so I got up on the same one to shoot the enemy player down, and as I was shooting, he fired back and when I tried to roll, I instead stepped onto a little vent shaft all casually and got killed. >8( Often when I try to roll when shooting I end having my character take a leap of faith and get shot in the air. (facepalm) In another that takes place in the baseball field of the university is a baseball fight. It was 3 on 3 and my team was kicking ass with strategy. Often what happens is I try to swing the bat my character instead kicks my target but misses somehow and I ended up getting Glenned into the head. One point me and another constantly missed with our bats for about a minute. xD Also in the same one, I tried to jump away on these trailers from the guy and he swings his bat, which is five inches away from but still manages to kill me, launching me in the air. Commonly there is lag in the deathmatches involving melee, so at one moment me and a guy were fisting each other and then suddenly the lag came up where we both were getting hit by air as if we both farted and were dying from the gas. xD I died from it. This one deathmatch is something I've come to love, it's a run and gun themed one and I was using the recently released Marksman Pistol which is now my fav. This one guy came up to me from the corner and I quickly shot him in the chest. I saw him go down and.... HE IMMEDIATELY GOT BACK UP AND WACKED ME WITH HIS GUN! o_o This last one took place in Michael's house. Which is easily one of the most difficult maps made (Franklin's Aunt's House takes first place for me) so I easily got killed a lot. I was hiding in the closet of Michael's and threw a mine behind the flower pot for when an enemy spawns, instead my partner spawned and ran off. I moved out to check for any of the enemy and head back to my spot until an enemy spawned behind me and shot me while the mine not going off. .-. The same guy later hid in the bathroom and killed me when I went up. I then spawned in Jimmy's room and moved out to go to the bathroom and went the wrong way, completely forgetting it's next to me in the first place and I got killed. Later downstairs I was shooting at him and the lap near the couch got in the way of my aim so I moved and fired at his head, COMPLETELY missing his head and I got owned. XD

Most of the time however I spend time in free roam and missions since a lot of my adventures are here these days. In one mission I had to destroy a bunch of trucks and I often use sticky bombs. I did a little throw one time while speeding and successfully blew one up. As I approached the other one later on, I threw it and end up missing the truck, turned around and drove by again and STILL MISSED! So I was like fuck it and just slowly drove up to and threw the bomb up close, drove away and blew it up. In a free roam session I was after this bounty in a stolen car on a highway near Simeon's Dealership. I sped up to him and readied my sticky bomb and instantly threw it, trying to suicide bomb. But instead, he escaped the bomb by hair and I was left without a prize. ;-; In a session, I got was following this player in a police car I stole while he was being chased by the cops. I just played along, until they blew me up. We eventually got into a heated battle, that lasted for two hours. They used a jet several times and grieved other players too, from time to time they got someone helping them to gang up on me. Obviously they killed me more. At the end they was up on the tall building's roof near the auto repair uptown, I went up the stairs and as I made it I landed on a mine and died. I climbed up and again, heard it and threw a sticky to blow them up, I went up and was met with an RPG. Same thing happened again the third time too. After all the trash talking and fighting the person gave me a friend request, I thought about it. But the only time I really accept them is if I know them well and get along fine. So I guessed it ended well. In another different session, I got involved in a small war where, once again, got ganged up on. This one guy, time after time again used these mines by a house where I tried to flank him, I heard the mines but I never saw any of them coming. .-. He got me good. There was also a guy who spammed the RPG and would run in circles as I tried to get him. He killed me 12 times and I only got him twice. Cheap but effective.

In a different one I hid inside the subway with my car parked by the entrance, I successfully escaped the cops and went back into my car. I drove up the stairs and slightly leaped up as it lagged, everything was clear. As I was landing, an NPC suddenly appeared under my car, standing firmly, and knocked my car away while not dying. Didn't know ghosts existed online. O_o I ended buying a new vehicle recently, the BF Injection. It's my new favourite and it suits well with the Paper Head Killer (Maybe I should call her Killer Kate?) . In mission where I had to go to the desert, I was at this bridge where a river is by the mountains (there's a cave there). And I didn't pay attention, I ended crashing into a car, which made me bounce and land on the end of the bridge almost falling off. To my amazement, the car grinded across the railings like a skateboard and I hopped back on the road. XD I was on bounty hunt one day and the guy was heading to the auto repair shop, he mysteriously stopped and I just threw a sticky bomb, and pulled the trigger. And then he just vanished! And in the distance I heard a boom, and looked further to see the guy at the garage door blown up, and I got the money! lol In a Madrazo mission, as I headed back I did a stunt jump that got my car stuck. I got out and hopped on the laneway behind to NPCs where my character started to randomly hump one from behind. ._. lel And due to being a female character, I usually get boys after me. One messaged me "hey beautiful", then I replied with "AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!" and left the session to a jump. hahahahaha I guess I should be called the Master Baiter lol..... Uhh..... sorry I had to put that image in your head.

Often I like to go after smuggler planes and helicopters. One plane at the docks of the city circled around forever and I constantly fired a homing rocket, each time would miss. Heck even the mini-gun failed! I had to go all the way to the heli-port to get some propellers to take it down. In a private session, one popped up in a desert when I was in the city and endlessly I chased it on my slow motorbike. It flew by the prison and as I drove into the bushes, behind it was a rock and I crashed. I quickly got back on and drove, and in a last ditch effort I fired a rocket and as it flew, the plane disappeared and I couldn't get it. I ended up shooting myself in frustration and I completely forgot the money in my pocket from the store I robbed. -__- And in public session, I was up in the hills for rich people and me and another were after it. I took my launcher and shot the plane, and saw it crashing down. What I thought was I would get money, but R* made this rule that if the plane crashes, no one gets it. (throws middle finger to R*) Now this smuggler helicopter, was an interesting one to say the least. I was in the city, recently spawned from a job, and I saw a smuggler copter on radar so I sped there to the large river near Chilliad where it is. I noticed a player there so I drove up the mountain near them and the copter. I thought he might've caught it since I see the icon just staying still. So I aimed for it down below, fire killed the guy, then fired at the copter's position. But nothing. So I decided to drive down, and as I got in, I ended up pressing R2 and blowing myself and my car up. D: The guy left and I ran down to the copter, I looked and saw nothing, I was disappointed as I thought that a glitch occurred on the map. Until I noticed the copter icon moved a little on radar and I looked up into the sky to see it RIGHT THERE! >_> I took it down, and I got the reward after all that crap. xD

And now this is the last one I have, it's more of a delirious tactic that is now my favourite way to troll. I recently got back into my old Paper Head Killer Persona after I got my clown car (BF Injection) and Marksman Pistol, and I decided to delve deeper into the character's theme/role play. I ended up using the sewers/underground tunnels as my home, where I let those who hunt me become the hunted. And it really works, I made it my trap zone. As I entered the tunnel from the highway near the auto repair shop, I plant some stickies along the tunnels until I get into a muddy area with two large cylinder mechanisms. I had a bounty from stealing a car, I place myself in a specific position where those on the surface who didn't notice me going in the tunnel, thinks I'm on the road or one of the buildings. Basically half the session came over and looked for me for 10 minutes with no freaking clue where I was. I kept the map up, looking and laughing my ass off at fooling everyone. Except one finally figured out where I was, and drove their insurgent into the tunnel, so my traps didn't work (It does on others though, very helpful but risky of Bad Sport Points and Insurance). I managed to blow him up in the round tunnel, then I ran deeper in throwing some mines in the mud. I hid in the tunnel where the trolley pass by, he saw the mines and destroyed them. As I was trying to get a gun he was behind the wall and I ended up using an RPG, and he killed him. But he killed me too, so I lost. Although, the tactic proved useful and I used it two more times and people still gets tricked. lol Two guys tried to get me when I had a bounty and I ended up scaring them off. I have learned the art of camouflage and environmental tactics! Welcome to my home! Mwahahahahhahahah! >:D

Here's my new home and car vvvvvvvvvvvv

Alt text

Well that's all I have for now. I hope you enjoyed this unusual post from me. Wanted to try something new. Until our next story time, ciao. :3

Alt text

• Have fun there! (salutes)

Lord_EAA posted: »

I just arrived im Athens

• Thanks i have

Have fun

• i am. Its beutifull :)

Ooh, take pictures.

• Thanks (salutes back)

Have fun there! (salutes)

• Woah, long read!

I'm a sewer rat in GTA V too! I'm usually on 2 wheels, so my default tactic for escaping cops/ bounties is to ride my motorcycle into the subway and drive through until I hit the sewers. Loses them every time, :)

Well it's story time again! Hope ye enjoy! GTA Online Journal: Fails and Randomness + Bonus story Over the course of me sharing my adv

• You should post a few on here.

i am. Its beutifull

• A lot of women today try to empower themselves simply for being women

Who? (Everything related to Tumblr and Youtube vids made by pubescent or lunatics doesn't count.)

Also, what real progress are "feminists" doing? What is this "one good" that they're doing?

There's no paticular reason why, but I'd like to mention Patrick Stewart here (Ok, there's a reason. I love him). He's a feminist. He is a supporter of Amnesty International and is part of their campaign against domestic violence. He gives speeches about domestic violence and his own experiences with it. He encourages people (who are mostly women, that's what makes it a feminist issue) to speak out against it, to seek help from outside, to come to terms with their past if they were victims, et cetera et cetera.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xi_27bpIb30

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TqFaiVNuy1k

The woman in that second video, who said Patrick Stewart's speech helped her a lot. Multiply it with a couple of hundreds. This is what only one feminist can do. Don't you think we can seperate people like Patrick Stewart or Gloria Steinem, who manage to take their stance in an articulate and civilised way, from those attention seeking kids and maniacs on tumblr etc.? They are just symptoms of the internet, they do not represent feminism, as some other members of this forum do constantly repeat but fall on deaf ears with it.

The last bit about seperating isn't meant to adress you in particular, as I don't know if you lump together those two groups.

AWESOMEO posted: »

Most modern feminists don't hate men. I don't agree with that. Maybe it's just me, but I don't see a lot of feminists which don't di

• Sry phones kinda broken on the picture department :( Luckly i still have my cam but i can't post with that :(.

You should post a few on here.

• Damn, oh well. Have fun bro.

Sry phones kinda broken on the picture department Luckly i still have my cam but i can't post with that .

• AWESOMEOAWESOMEO Banned
    edited July 2015

Who? (Everything related to Tumblr and Youtube vids made by pubescent or lunatics doesn't count.)

I disagree. Just because a person hangs around a certain place doesn't mean they don't count. I don't get exposed to feminists on the street, they don't just rile up there. Most feminists meet on the internet, and the feminists I've seen are like that. Also, what kind of question is who? I can't point to certain people. We don't know eachother... for example: this one girl called Eden, does that name mean anything? (it's someone I know from class.) It's come to the point that even some teachers at my school are like that.

I say what I see, most feminists empower themselves more than they should, and most of it is through Tumblr and Youtube. As well as Facebook. As well as people I'm associated with IRL. They say unnecessary shit like "I'm kickass because I'm a feminist woman" and " don't forget it was a women who pushed you out of their vagina." That last one especially pisses me off, because it's a biological fact that woman are the ones who give birth, it's not like the women who gave birth chose to do it over their husbands, they had to do it if they wanted children. And just because a woman pushed me out of her vagina, that doesn't mean that all women are strong (if anything it'd be that specific woman.)

He gives speeches about domestic violence and his own experiences with it. He encourages people (who are mostly women, that's what makes it a feminist issue) to speak out against it, to seek help from outside, to come to terms with their past if they were victims, et cetera et cetera.

Men face domestic violence as well, what about them? Why are those who supposedly advocate equality between the sexes only deal with the problems of one sex? Men don't only face those problems, the serious problem with it is that they are also way less likely to tell anyone about it, so we don't really know the actual numbers of it. Over 40% of domestic violence victims in the UK are male. While much attention has been focused on domestic violence against women, domestic violence against men is a substantial social problem worthy of attention just as much. So again, what about them? Just because the majority is women does not mean that they have to abstain from the problems of men as well. Feminism advocates the problems of females, and only a minor part of feminists ever focus on the problems that men have. I don't find myself appealed to any kind of group like that, even if there are those within that group that really are working towards equality, the face of feminism is not that. The face of feminism as of today is not close to that. I can support equality between the sexes without calling myself a feminist, especially in light of the many radical feminists today. Here's a video about it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u3PgH86OyEM

Why do we even find the need to affiliate ourselves with groups? If you live in America and truly do want to make a change, you should probably consider going outside and join protests instead of creating blogs and posts about problems. That doesn't help. If you truly care about something, there's no reason that you wouldn't work towards it. And if you throw a big enough tantrum, they'll listen to it.

This is what only one feminist can do.

You don't have to be a feminist to assure women that they are human beings who deserve help as much as anyone else. Again, I don't find feminism necessary for this to be true. The terminology contradicts itself, you can't only advocate women's issues if you support equality between the sexes. An issue doesn't become a feminist issue just because it's mostly associated with women. Mind you, women being more likely to withstand domestic violence doesn't even stem from inequality. It's a biological fact that the average male is more physically capable than the average female, and if you want to blame someone, blame mother nature. So again, it's not really a feminist issue because the domestic abuser doesn't think to himself "I had a bad day at work today, better go slap my bitch hacky-sack wife because she's a dumb woman!"

Domestic violence also happens between gay couples, which shows us once again that a lot of domestic abuse cases are not because the person is a woman or a man. Therefore, it is not an issue that is caused because of gender inequality. It will continue to happen more to women because women are less capable to overpower their husbands. Even if the rates will go down significantly, women will always be the sex that suffers more physical abuse.

To conclude what I'm trying to say here; there are gems in modern day feminism, and those people you mentioned are not bad. I support what they're saying, but they are not able to shine very bright, because their gloom is drowned by massive amounts waves of feminists who are not advocating equality between the sexes.

rousseau posted: »

A lot of women today try to empower themselves simply for being women Who? (Everything related to Tumblr and Youtube vids made by pu

• What is this "empowerment" you are talking about? Youtube abonnements?

They say unnecessary shit like "I'm kickass because I'm a feminist woman" and " don't forget it was a women who pushed you out of their vagina."

I agree that this is unnecessary shit, but guess how much shit other groups are talking, like unionists or animal rights activists or vegetarians or conservatives or christians. Is there any group of people that is not associated with talking shit from time to time?

Men don't only face those problems, the serious problem with it is that they are also way less likely to tell anyone about it, so we don't really know the actual numbers of it. Over 40% of domestic violence victims in the UK are male.

Many of those statistics do not include severity and duration of violence, as well as sexual assaults. However, it's not a competition or something. Men need a lobby too and I'm sure there are organisations that care about domestic violence, no matter which genders are involved. Is that a reason, why women shouldn't have an especially strong lobby, as they still make the majority of victims, especially if you include above factors - and, as you said yourself, will always be the sex that suffers more and more violent physical abuse?

You don't have to be a feminist to assure women that they are human beings who deserve help as much as anyone else.

Well, of course not. But it's more likely that something good will come out of it, if there are some people that are truly dedicated to whatever their aim is.

the domestic abuser doesn't think to himself "I had a bad day at work today, better go slap my bitch hacky-sack wife because she's a dumb woman!"

I don't know what they think, I'm not a domestic abuser. But that sounds pretty realistic.

but they are not able to shine very bright, because their gloom is drowned by massive amounts waves of feminists who are not advocating equality between the sexes.

Same with politicians or religious folk. Not a reason to condemn all of them if you aim to take part in a discussion about feminism and sexism or whatever topic that goes beyond the level of a pub debate.

AWESOMEO posted: »

Who? (Everything related to Tumblr and Youtube vids made by pubescent or lunatics doesn't count.) I disagree. Just because a person

• AWESOMEOAWESOMEO Banned
    edited July 2015

What is this "empowerment" you are talking about? Youtube abonnements?

Any statement that feminists say to advocate women as a sex. I said what it was, things such as; "women are made of pain" (real quote), "don't forget it's a woman who pushed you out of her vagina" etc.

why women shouldn't have an especially strong lobby, as they still make the majority of victims, especially if you include above factors - and, as you said yourself, will always be the sex that suffers more and more violent physical abuse?

Since it will always suffer more abuse, there's no real way to fix it. If you diminish the number of domestic violence, there will still be more women who suffer from it compared to men. I see why you'd still try to diminish it, but the rates will never be the same between the sexes.

I don't think that there should be a lobby for women and a lobby for men, I think that domestic violence as a whole should be fought against. And what I tried to say here is not really about that, I just wanted to show how a lot of modern feminists focus on their own problems while boldly saying that they strive for equality between the sexes. If they had, they would not only treat the issues revolving around their own sex.

I don't know what they think, I'm not a domestic abuser. But that sounds pretty realistic.

Uh... but how? Like, do you think that a man abuses his wife because he has a loathing for women? I think it's more because she lives with him 24/7 rather than her sex. Gay men also abuse their partners, and lesbians do it too, I don't think they do it because they hate their own sex...

Not a reason to condemn all of them

I'm not condemning all of them though, I said that there's a part of feminism that I do like, but it's very small and very ineffective in relation to the loud noise the feminazis always make. I think that, again, I don't need to identify myself as a "feminist" to realize that men have their issues and women have their issues, and that we should advocate equality between the sexes. The reason that we are so keen to affiliate ourselves with groups is also the reason that we are always affiliated with the extremists of the same group, so I just find it best to avoid those tags altogether. I know my values and I know what I root for.

rousseau posted: »

What is this "empowerment" you are talking about? Youtube abonnements? They say unnecessary shit like "I'm kickass because I'm a femin

• Well, I just got my hands on some Comic-Con tickets. If you guys are headin' to Comic Con Australia this september, look out for a guy in a Vault Suit from Fallout.

• I'm gonna say it again. Steven Universe is the Cutest, Funniest, Most story driven, Most diverse, and Best Cartoon TV show on TV.

• Since the Console players would never do this, and they aren't fat asshats like the PC gamers. I'm gonna assume this video is about PC gamers being excited for a Console downfall. I bet they feel so tough typing behind their Keyboards and asking their Moms for Mountain Dew.

Alt text

Rest in Peace Iwata... Rest in Peace.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8kjsJw8MRvY

• @TDMshadowCP Don't you agree? Remember WeWillMissYouSarah? :( She was such a nice person.

You ever notice a couple of people quit on August 17, 2014, and they all we're pretty well connected? @Azlyn @WeWillMissYouSarah come to mind. Lot of stuff.

• "It's all on you, Jennifer. It's all on you!"

BigBlindMax posted: »

Ahhhh, I remember that shitstorm. Good times... Well, not really good per se, but darkly hilarious nonetheless.

• I'm honestly sick of everyone else in my country acting like Australia is the greatest country in the world.

are you sure you live in the right australia

To be honest, people saying that (which I've hardly even heard of) is nothing compared to American's.

I'm honestly sick of everyone else in my country acting like Australia is the greatest country in the world. If I told someone here that I was that interested in Australia, they'd lose their shit.

• I'll find you Gary

maybe

probably not

i'm like 10

Gary-Oak posted: »

Well, I just got my hands on some Comic-Con tickets. If you guys are headin' to Comic Con Australia this september, look out for a guy in a Vault Suit from Fallout.

• Take a pic of you wearing your suit!

Gary-Oak posted: »

Well, I just got my hands on some Comic-Con tickets. If you guys are headin' to Comic Con Australia this september, look out for a guy in a Vault Suit from Fallout.

• It's not spoken outright, but I can't help but feel pressured to care about Australia's history or culture.

I'm honestly sick of everyone else in my country acting like Australia is the greatest country in the world. are you sure you live i

Sign in to comment in this discussion.