Did you forget Elaena?

For the Asher savers, why did a lot of you guys choose Rodrik to die? Yes, I know, Asher is such a badass fighter, he is my favourite too but what about Elaena? Didn't you promise that you'll marry her? She just lost her brother and I guess you destroyed her life. I'm no judge, but I want you guys to know.

Comments

• That was one of the reasons why I saved Rodrik. He has a wife, he probably will have a son, and Elaena whole-heartedly depends on him. Plus...

Alt text

• I knew about elaena but I need somebody to lead the soldiers AND pitfighters

• edited July 2015

maybe she can go ahead and just marry asher just like catelyn done with ned, dont think that will happen just a thought

• edited July 2015

I'm sure a lot of soldiers and the sort of the past and present have wives/are due to be married but duty gets in the way. Everyone has their reasons, and it's not anyone else's place to comment on them or make them feel bad for choosing a route that they didn't choose. I've done both options as am interested to see what happens both ways. I just initially wanted to save Asher, it was quite spontaneous really but I wanted to see what was next for him moreso.

• edited July 2015

So you want Beshka to be jealous? :)

Drewba12 posted: »

maybe she can go ahead and just marry asher just like catelyn done with ned, dont think that will happen just a thought

• I can't be the only person who kinda dislikes her, surely? She was the one who criticised my Rodrik for kissing Ludd's ring, which was a pretty bitch move, especially after breaking off the bethrothal. Then she comes running off to me, begging for help, which I only accepted because it would be beneficial for my house. I got her and Rodrik together on accident actually, just because I was scared she'd go off and kill herself if I didn't comfort her...

• I think she is all alone.

Nightmare1 posted: »

I knew about elaena but I need somebody to lead the soldiers AND pitfighters

• I'm honestly a bit heartsick at leaving Elaena alone the way I have. I feel guilty as shit. I stand by my decision though. I did what I thought best for my house.

• I thought she was a lesbian.

AronDracula posted: »

So you want Beshka to be jealous?

• Yeah, she enjoys whores with Asher. It is known

I thought she was a lesbian.

• edited July 2015

It hurts me to leave her alone because Rodrik is really all she has (and she's one of my favourite characters) but Beskha would also be alone otherwise and her screaming for Asher to leave was heartbreaking...

Maybe Elaena can have a child to remind her of Rodrik. Bittersweet, I suppose.

• I dunno man... Both feels wrong... EVERYTHING I DO IN THIS GAME MAKES ME FEEL LIKE SHIT ;(

• Yeah the 5 or so pit fighters...

• I did start to cry when Beshka was begging for Asher.

ABigBadWolf posted: »

It hurts me to leave her alone because Rodrik is really all she has (and she's one of my favourite characters) but Beskha would also be alon

• edited July 2015

As Rodrik, I met up with Asher with the intent to save him. That's what happened.

Elaena Glenmore vs saving house Forrester? (Just imagine me hand weighing those options, and who's winning)

I didn't sleep with her, btw, and Arthurs death wasn't Rodriks fault. If anyone, it's hers.

P.S.
    Asher isn't even my favorite

• Alt text

Yeah, she enjoys whores with Asher. It is known

• Yes, I thought of that, but I also promissed I would lead the army of the pit fighters and wouldn't let bershka alone in a land she doesn't know... Either decision sucked... And I promissed no one I would marry her... I just said that we should live in the moment.

But yes I thought of Elaena, I really like her, she's a cool charatcher BUT I had to go with Asher, let's not everyone turn on each other in this fan base because of this decision... It was a really hard one, when I saw I had to make I literally screamed "NOO!!" and my girlfriend yelled at me because I woke her nephew :P

• That was my thought exactly. Pulling a Margery, as I thought it.

Drewba12 posted: »

• She will be fine. Asher can marry her if she needs someone. I don't think Rodrik will mind.

• When you ask Beskha to kill every whitehill when Asher dies: she basically says " nah, imma spent your gold on the finest whores."

Yeah, she enjoys whores with Asher. It is known

• edited July 2015

And also for the alliance that Asher has with Dunareis.

• I have a feeling she'll kill herself. Honestly the most logical thing was for Asher to live

• well, I saved Asher so more like

Alt text

I posted this in the other thread as a reply to this picture as well, but I'll do it here too (-:

armis37 posted: »

That was one of the reasons why I saved Rodrik. He has a wife, he probably will have a son, and Elaena whole-heartedly depends on him. Plus...

• Because I care more about Beskha than Elaena, because Beskha is a character in her own right rather than one who serves simply to develop Rodrik.

• dojo32161dojo32161 Moderator

I actually didn't want Rodrick to end up sleeping with Elaena, I thought I was just offering comfort.

• I made a very Game of Thrones decision. Who was best fit to lead the house into battle. Didn't really think (or care, even though I do as a person) what Elena would think.

• At least I got Rodrik laid before he got killed

• I was just being supportive when I let her know she wasn't alone. I did enjoy the bonus for my compassion though. ;)

dojo32161 posted: »

I actually didn't want Rodrick to end up sleeping with Elaena, I thought I was just offering comfort.

• edited July 2015

Really?
    A war is going on, in one side i have a badass fighter that is healthy, can perfectly rule the house, fight in the front and has the support of the Pit fighters (may be 6, but it's something) and in the other side i have a crippled guy(who killed 3 soldiers while surrounded, i give him that, but still...). For me it kinda sucked that Rodrik died, but it was the most logical choice. i didn't gave a f*** about that woman.

Maybe, in the long term, the support of her house would help the forrester, but Asher was the "safest" choice right now.

But in the end, i know it won't matter much who we choose, it will be pretty much the same...

• In my playthrough, Rodrik is alive, so he will continue to be with Elaena :)

• edited July 2015

Yes I thought about her, but again, it felt like Rodrik needed to die for a better story. Considering how badly I felt for her in her reactions to Arthur's death, I dread to see her reaction to Rodrik's. It's probably going to be an insanely heart wrenching scene.

• I agree with this 100%

I have a feeling she'll kill herself. Honestly the most logical thing was for Asher to live

• I feel the decision to save Asher is one that does not take into account the world of Westeros as we know it. From all we've seen from the show (I didn't read the book) and the game, the people of Westeros love a good leader. One that shows strenght, one they can love. Rodrick has been all that for its people. Rodrick is a leader in the purest sense, whereas Asher is a fighter. To lead a war, you need a leader, not a warrior. Of course having both is great, and both are good leaders and good warriors, but Rodrick has that nobility, knowing the traditions, having a wife and all, that led me to believe he's the man his soldiers will want to die for.

And then you have Beshka/pitfighters. My thought process for them was the following: Beshka will want to avenge Asher. The pitfighters will follow Beshka/the money. They're glorified sellswords, but sellswords anyway, no matter how hard the episode tried to convince us otherwise. Having to go through the process of having a new leader, a third time, would have been way too much for house Forrester.

• that depends far more on Malcolm, who I doubt would be like "whot? Rodrik? Fck u, don't ally with him Dany dear"

Supergirl66 posted: »

And also for the alliance that Asher has with Dunareis.

• Well, Beshka said that the pitfighters worth 10 normal sellswords, I really hope so ...

_DIO_ posted: »

Yeah the 5 or so pit fighters...

• I understand your point, but i don't see why Asher can't be the leader you spoke of,for what is shown to us, in the books and in the series, most families leaders aren't nobles at all. Boltons and Greys are good examples, Asher had left ironrath old enough, so was problaby educated and a wife is not a big problem to find, Elena could do a "Margery move" on him, or some any other daughter of a small lord.

ezay posted: »

I feel the decision to save Asher is one that does not take into account the world of Westeros as we know it. From all we've seen from the s

• edited July 2015

He has the support of 5 unruly pit fighters who want to pillage the land and get gold, spent years away afteri being exiled for doing dumb stuff, comes back with 8 fighters and loses 3 (or 2) in just one day, while Rodrik is not a cripple anymore, he helped Gregor to lead his army (before red wedding) and was said to be one of the best fighters (if I recall ep. 1 correctly); he also managed to keep his house together and prevent it from dying after barely escaping death and has (depending on how you play) the support of the common people and the support of his soldiers (again, like 6). He was also raised to be a Lord and has more experience ruling a House, while Asher very explicitly said he had no interest in this and, though Asher spent his last years drinking and fighting as a mercenary, Rodrik wasn't just lying around doing nothing, he was fighting for Robb and his house in the war of the 5 kings.

Being a figther is not enough to be a leader, just look at King Robert's reign.

Really? A war is going on, in one side i have a badass fighter that is healthy, can perfectly rule the house, fight in the front and has t

• Elaena was a factor I considered, but like I said in other threads I basically viewed Rodrik's story as being over at this point. Though I wanted him to get his sweet sweet revenge, he had failed every step of the way in some form to make a difference. Now it's time for Asher to take the reigns and go apeshit.

I'll most likely save Rodrik on my second playthrough though.

• I hope she's stronger than that. I could see her dying, but in the course of saving House Forrester. However, I could more see her having Rodrick's bastard son.

I have a feeling she'll kill herself. Honestly the most logical thing was for Asher to live

• Same, Beskha is a much better character

Flog61 posted: »

Because I care more about Beskha than Elaena, because Beskha is a character in her own right rather than one who serves simply to develop Rodrik.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.