How would Gared react to uncles Death?

U think he would still help the Forresters?

Comments

• Oh man, just image. :v I never really liked Duncan, and I had Gared be disagreeable with him.

• I really think it would depend on whether or not Gared knows that his uncle is the Traitor.

If so, i think Gared would kill his uncle (if he got the chance) for going over to the Family that killed his Father and Sister, and then sending him to the Wall (for life), and then demanding Gared desert the Wall and head North to find the North Grove (to save house Forrester, mind you).

But i think he would still help the Forresters, whether or not he knew. Gared seems a very loyal type once he chooses a side, at least to me anyways.

• Of course. He swore to Gregor to find the North Grove and he will do it no matter what it takes.

• how will finding the north grove solve anything? does he have to transport something from there to the house?

Killah posted: »

Of course. He swore to Gregor to find the North Grove and he will do it no matter what it takes.

• I've wondered this myself it may even change his view on the House he considered family, I have no idea how Gared would react.

For arguments sake let's say Gared was angry at House Forrester for executing Duncan, how do you think Talia would react to this? She was the one that pushed Rodrik towards executing the traitor and she was clearly close to Gared.

• It depends on whether Gared is under out control or not if he returns to find out about his uncle's treachery and his execution.

If he's under our control, it'll cheapen the moment since Gared's response is technically not his own but from the player's point of view.

• It doesn't matter. If he ever returns to Ironrath I'll behead him for desertion.

• Haha , wow, that's harsh.

It doesn't matter. If he ever returns to Ironrath I'll behead him for desertion.

• But you could choose not to swear

Killah posted: »

Of course. He swore to Gregor to find the North Grove and he will do it no matter what it takes.

• edited July 2015

I think Gared would understand. Duncan (if a traitor) endangered House Forrester and more importantly Talia's life.

Gared and Talia seemed close in episode 1

AgentZ46 posted: »

I've wondered this myself it may even change his view on the House he considered family, I have no idea how Gared would react. For argume

• Wow this is so ungrateful and... Just kidding, this would be hilarious!

It doesn't matter. If he ever returns to Ironrath I'll behead him for desertion.

• 'Fookin hell!'

• edited July 2015

My Gared will.

BTW I sure hope we don't lose control over any protagonist during season 6. I say that because when Rodrick and Asher met together while we had control over Asher, I immediately didn't like the feeling that "non-playable Rodrick" could start acting out of character (=out of the character I forged during all the game).
    But it was a so short moment ( ;-( alas ) that "non-playable Rodrick" only had one or two sentences that any Rodrick would have said.

But this situation makes me fear a hypothetical situation near the end of the finale where our different protagonists would be reunited simultaneously in the same place (I don't know, but I can totally see Mira being banished from court at the beginning of E6 and arriving at Ironrath halfway through it, also Gared having found the magic sword/seeds/ghost of the North Grove returning home), in this case, whoever I control, I would feel robbed of control over the others.

Or wait, it depends, still in this hypothetical situation, if we get to see protagonists in temporarily NPC positions (example, Gared and Mira while we play Asher/Rodrick) act depending on the choices we made in previous seasons it would be extremely rewarding.
    Like, if we made Mira ruthless and manipulative, she does X, whereas if we made her the good little handmaiden bff with Sera, she does Y. Mmm... I'm starting to like this idea. IF such situation happens anyway.

• You're going to execute yourself?

• I think he feels betrayed too. Duncan sent him to the wall and made him a deserter. And now what? But... actually.. I feel bad. I don't think about Gared when I execute the traitor. I regret it.

• Idk, cus I spared Duncan in my playthrough. I do wonder how he will react when he finds out that Duncan betrayed the house.

• He'd be upset but understanding. Duncan is alive in my playthrough though, it's interesting for me because both Tuttles are traitors in a way but have escaped punishment (for now).

• Yes.

You're going to execute yourself?

• edited July 2015

It's so batshit crazy that they have to put that option in the game! :D

Note to Telltale: **Make this happen! **

Yes.

• He will react Luke style:

"Wheres my uncle?
    "..."
    "Oh dear. Anyways so about the North Grove..."

Sign in to comment in this discussion.