What's the worst possible ending?

I think we can all agree that House Forrester is in a precarious position, at best. How much more precarious could it possibly get? Please, this is Game of Thrones. So let's talk absolute worst case scenario for Episode 6.

For me the worst case scenario would be Ludd and Gryff surviving, executing Ryon (the Forrester's and Whitehills are at open war, so why not). The war between the suppliers of Ironwood attracts the attention of Lord Bolton, the Roose gets loose and calls an end to Ramsay's games and sides with the obviously stronger House, the Whitehills. House Bolton flays the surviving Forresters at Ironrath and gives all the land and resources to House Whitehill.
enter image description here

At King's Landing Mira's failure to get any info out of Tyrion is not unnoticed. To cover up his screw up of giving Mira Cersei's wine, Lucan throws her in the Black Cells to starve to death. Tom is revealed to have been working for Cersei all along.

North of The Wall the "North Grove" is revealed to be the Night's King, whose White Walkers promptly slay Cotter and Gared and raises them as wrights.

Roll credits.

Comments

• Actually Roose would probably side with House Forrester because they're the better craftsmen. He isn't needlessly cruel, he is actually really smart and reasonable. He'd probably just demand an all out end of the fighting and both Houses would survive.

Mira probably won't survive unless she somehow gets back in with Margaery. I'm pretty sure there's no chance Tom is working for Cersei. He's probably one of Vary's or Olenna's. Cersei isn't that subtle and she'd have had Mira's head the moment she broke into Tyrion's room.

Gared isn't likely to die. They didn't march him out that far into the middle of nowhere just to kill him. Although his story likely won't be useful this season (if ever.)

• edited August 2015

I think the side of both extremes would be really bad - happily ever after or utter destruction for the Forresters. They should find a melancholy ending, sorta what GRRM has planned for the books

• THE WORST POSSIBLE ENDING IS ME NOT GETTING TO BURN HIGHTPOINT TO THE FUCKING GROUND

• edited August 2015

if i don't get to kill gryff then i wont be satisfied, sure the rest of it might be good, but I want to KILL GRYFF

• Without any raping, to keep the game within what it is now, I think the worst possible ending would be like this:

The remaining brother and Ryon are killed by Gryff. They die a very painful death after losing some limbs.

Tom betrays Mira because his boss told him to do so, Mira is locked up until Qyburn comes along, then Cersei gives her to him.

Talia is forced to marry Gryff, Eleana is forced to marry Ludd, Elissa can't take it anymore and kills herself, Beskha is killed by Gryff after he mocks her about him killing Asher.

Gared and Cotter are killed before he reaches the North Grove and we never find out what is in there, they are raised as wights and Silvy has to kill Cotter, and then is killed by Gared.

• Good point.

Alexandria posted: »

if i don't get to kill gryff then i wont be satisfied, sure the rest of it might be good, but I want to KILL GRYFF

• A 60/70 minutes ending where almost all of our choices don't matter at all (I'm looking at you, TWAU). I'm sorry if I sound whiny but I really care about this game, so please Telltale don't ruin everything because you've been doing a great job so far!

• edited August 2015

Good point.

• edited August 2015

Episode 6 The Ice dragon plot summary:

The surviving brother falls off his horse and dies trying to escape the Whitehill ambush.

Cersei kills Mira for failing to get any information

Gared dies of frostbite at the entrance of the North Grove. We never learn what's inside.

Total runtime for episode six: 12 minutes.

• I'm pretty sure Rodrik/Asher is going to die in Episode 6 if he survived Episode 5 - and then Ryon would become the new lord - I'd lose all hope if Ryon ended up becoming the next Forrester Lord, the last thing the House needs is another child in charge after all the turmoil they've been through.

Oh, and if I don't get to kill Ludd AND Gryff AND have the option to burn down Highpoint AND essentially cripple House Whitehill, then I'd feel very deprived.

Still conflicted over whether or not to kill Gwyn.

• Lurker, you could be writing for Game of Thrones, that would be a hard core ending! For me, I would say, the worst ending would be more Forrester deaths, without being able to retaliate is some way. At this point, preservation of House Forrester seems precarious at best. It's time to strike the Whitehills with no mercy, a plan would be needed. The worst ending would have not being able to hurt House Whitehill in any fashion.

• What possible reason could you have to kill Gwyn?

Harian96 posted: »

I'm pretty sure Rodrik/Asher is going to die in Episode 6 if he survived Episode 5 - and then Ryon would become the new lord - I'd lose all

• After the murder of her father and brother, I think she has high chances of suicide or seek for revenge...

AgentZ46 posted: »

What possible reason could you have to kill Gwyn?

• edited August 2015

Considering there's only one episode left and there's still so much of the story to be resolved, the most convenient thing for TT would be to end the episode (and the season) with a cliffhanger.

And then I'm going to strangle a bunny.

• Worst ending ever:

• Mira is at KL and beacause of your lack of info Cersei supports Andros instead of her. Her scenes end with Tom saying: My boss is...
    • Gared is on his way to the NG and he has to somehow chose between Cotter or Silvy. After that choice his scenes end.
    • Asher/Rodrick spend the episode planing the war.

So yeah to me the worst they can do is leave the plot unfinished, they'd be practically saying: You finished the game, now wait 2 more years and pay us again to know how it ends.

• I couldn't see Asher killing Gwyn.

However, if you play an extremely proud and bitter Rodrik, you might start off distrusting Gwyn and blaming her for your little brother's exile. Her efforts for peace might come across as condescending. It might metamorphose into something even uglier from the guilt of having to leave Asher behind. Rodrik might feel that there can never be peace with the Whitehills, it will only degenerate into a cycle of reprisal. And, finally, the only way to completely eliminate House Forrester's shame might be to completely annihilate the Whitehills and use them as a warning against any other house that ever crosses you.

What possible reason could you have to kill Gwyn?

• edited August 2015

Worst possible outcome? Cracks knuckles Lemme see...

So let's start off with Mira, she returns to Cersei who isn't pleased either way with Mira's efforts and throws her into a cell. Tom comes by to try and free her late at night to escape and succeeds but they get caught at the docks by Lannister guards. Tom tries to fend them off but is cut down in seconds, Mira backs up to a wall and the scene ends with her screaming as several swords gouge into her.

We jump to Ironrath were the respective lord is devising a plan to attack Highpoint for revenge and to rescue Ryon. They decide to try and sneak into the fortress and this goes well, and the company of soldiers and fighters split up, one group going to the dungeons for Ryon, the other on the hunt for Ludd/Gryff. Let's say you go after the Whitehills, the lord find what we believe is Ludd's quarters and find someone sleeping in the bed. The lord stabs and kills the person only to discover it was a decoy and you've killed some innocent. From the hallway you and your forces came from and out from an adjacent room come Whitehill soldiers that ambush you and your men, with Ludd fighting too.

Ludd boasts how the other group is also being ambushed below too and that Gryff is leading them there, with Ryon at his mercy. From here you can choose whether to fight and kill Ludd which would result in Ryon dying, or you can make a run for the dungeon where you'll save Ryon but Gryff will live as will Ludd. Either way, the remaining Forrester forces are forced to retreat from Highpoint, making sure to disable Highpoint's gates to buy themselves some time. You get back to Ironrath with half your forces at best and you are forced to make another final choice. Either you can stay at Ironrath to try and defend it which will ultimately fail but be a battle sung for years to come, or you can flee with what remaining family you have. Picking either choice will end up with Beshka protecting the remaining Forrester's to her final breath as Whitehill forces come down upon you.

So the scene can either end with your lord and remaining family getting to safety just before the attack, or if you chose to stay and defend Lady Forrester will have sent off Talia and possibly Ryon. Either way though, Talia will seek vengeance for everything done to her family.

And lastly we come to Gared who with Cotter and his sister are still running from the wights. They end up getting away and Sylvi realizes the only choice they have left is to seek out the Grove so they head for it. It takes them some time to reach where Sylvi believes it is and Cotter is only getting worse from his wound, they get to a tightly woven set of branches arched above leading them inwards into what has to be the Grove. Before they can enter, more wights appear and come at the trio. Cotter draws his sword and takes the only torch and demands they go as he fends off the monsters. Gared is forced to carry Cotter's sister away into the Grove to ensure Cotter's sacrifice won't be in vain.

They enter the Grove after climbing through more thicket that is enclosing behind them and after climbing through a small hole of what seems to be a mountainside made out of ice and metal they reach the main cavern. Gared looks ahead at the center of the cavern and his eyes widen as do Sylvi's but her face looks more fearful, Gared's scene and the episode ends with the final line said from Gared, "Aye, this will help my family."

• edited August 2015

I dont want to invent ideas of how and for what reason Asher could kill Gwyn but its still possible. I dont know how it feels to lose a brother because of the hand of a rival house, but I find it still possible that you fall into dark hole where you try everything possible to get out of it, maybe killing this house, even those of them you loved once.

And Ramsay said something like: Only one houses survives, otherwise he kills both and is done with them. However this could mean that Asher would marry Gwyn, but I dont know. I just dont like the way of thinking that Rodrik could/would killer her and Asher couldnt/wouldnt just because they had an affair when they were younger. I mean Rodrik could spare Gwyn for the same reason, he knows how much she meant to Asher and that he wouldnt like her to be dead.

My Rodrik will spare her no matter what. She must do something very terrible that I change my opinion about that.

Psidius posted: »

I couldn't see Asher killing Gwyn. However, if you play an extremely proud and bitter Rodrik, you might start off distrusting Gwyn and bl

• Sounds a bit silly to me theres no real reason to want Gwyn dead, other then being born with the name Whitehill I suppose but I find that to be a low reason.

I couldn't see Asher killing Gwyn. However, if you play an extremely proud and bitter Rodrik, you might start off distrusting Gwyn and bl

• to me and ending with Roderick because it feel more like revenge than honor and Roderick was hornorable at the start of the game now I think any ending with him and elena might be the worst it could get yeah ud win and kill ur bitter rivals but at what cost u have to realize there a family to they don't want to see this happen to there family either especially gwyn

• From a player's perspective, it's a vindictive thing to do.

For someone in the GoT world, it's par for the course. Think of how much King Robert hated Daenerys, just for being a Targaryen.

Sounds a bit silly to me theres no real reason to want Gwyn dead, other then being born with the name Whitehill I suppose but I find that to be a low reason.

• Gary-OakGary-Oak Banned
    edited August 2015

Ramsay with his plot armor flays Rodrik or Asher and his men rape Elissa and Talia

The pit fighters are killed.

Gared and the others are killed by White Walkers and become wights

Mira is ordered to death by Cersei.

• Is it wrong that I actually want the DEFEND IRONRATH OR LEAVE choice to actually happen?

Worst possible outcome? Cracks knuckles Lemme see... So let's start off with Mira, she returns to Cersei who isn't pleased either way wit

• His men rape Elissa and Talia

Okay now THATS MAKING ME ANGRY.

Gary-Oak posted: »

Ramsay with his plot armor flays Rodrik or Asher and his men rape Elissa and Talia The pit fighters are killed. Gared and the others are killed by White Walkers and become wights Mira is ordered to death by Cersei.

• It's supposed to. I was angry just imagining it happening.

Killah posted: »

His men rape Elissa and Talia Okay now THATS MAKING ME ANGRY.

• The Forresters survive.

Not what I would have said when I set out to play the first episode, but at this point ... They're just too stupid.

• Kill Them All...

Harian96 posted: »

I'm pretty sure Rodrik/Asher is going to die in Episode 6 if he survived Episode 5 - and then Ryon would become the new lord - I'd lose all

• Not at all, I feel like a choice like that would be very difficult for most players to decide but I'd love that option too!

Is it wrong that I actually want the DEFEND IRONRATH OR LEAVE choice to actually happen?

• It was all a dream.

• I think I actually want this ending....

Worst possible outcome? Cracks knuckles Lemme see... So let's start off with Mira, she returns to Cersei who isn't pleased either way wit

• Worst possible? This would be great!

• ^This. There's also Tywin destroying all of the Reynes and Tarbecks, as well as King Aerys killing all of the Hollards (except Dontos due to a personal favour.)

Obliterating rival families isn't uncommon in either the ASoIaF universe or even the real life medieval era. It's nothing personal.

From a player's perspective, it's a vindictive thing to do. For someone in the GoT world, it's par for the course. Think of how much King Robert hated Daenerys, just for being a Targaryen.

• lol I would have thought most people would be miffed about a cliff hanger ending like that but if ya like it, thanks!

PigeonPie posted: »

Worst possible? This would be great!

• Well just keep in mind if any of this happens then... TellTale got it from me! lol That'd be so trippy is so though XD

Gobananas01 posted: »

I think I actually want this ending....

• I'll make it better.

Imagine Ramsay getting his throat slit by Arya instead of Meryn Trant.

It's supposed to. I was angry just imagining it happening.

• The one that telltale has already written

• All the neck plot armor in the world protects him.

I'll make it better. Imagine Ramsay getting his throat slit by Arya instead of Meryn Trant.

• Nah this is not great ,i want to kill the Whitehills :(

PigeonPie posted: »

Worst possible? This would be great!

Sign in to comment in this discussion.