GoT vs Life is Strange

Comments

• edited August 2015

Cute, but let me just correct a couple of things:

"They see two moons, there like 'it's the end of the world', but there's not exactly anything we can do about the fact that there are two moons, so let's go into this party that we don't really want to be at, so we can do something about confronting a suspected murderer and making sure he doesn't drug and kidnap another girl.

"Dead whales on the beach, that's so sad. The Prescott family have done some major damage to the ecosystem here, but this is probably related to the tornado that's coming to destroy the town.

alikir34 posted: »

In my opinion , Game of thrones of course ! Besides there not even on the same categorie , LIS is for teenage girls , They see two moons , t

• Life is Strange is in another league entirely, It pwns GOT..

• Game of Thrones>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>LiS

• Lol it's better than WHOLE group of adults depending on a 11 year old kid....

• No, that's ok. You're just pointing out your own experience of people's reception of the game. I suspect that the teen fanbase for this game may just be more obvious than other age groups, because such is the nature of young people's reaction to popular culture these days. It's not only immersive, but very expressive. Thanks largely to the internet, young people are much more inclined to actively express their enjoyment of a series, game, books etc. perhaps a lot more than people once did. They 'ship' characters the creators never intended them to ship, they write fanfiction and create headcanons, they draw comics or post images on DeviantArt, they cosplay, and they reach out to like-minded fans and form communities and build friendships based solely on this shared interest. Something like 'Life is Strange' is basically a petri dish for this sort of interaction. But, if you look at something like the Life is Strange reddit, it's largely made up of people combing through the game and coming up with evidence to support outlandish theories in an attempt to solve the mystery element of the game, not quite so much 'shipping' and 'fangirling'. That's where the other side of the fandom is.

You are right :S Fuck sometimes I should just shut up and listen But I still think that the fandom is mainly composed by teens, there is a facebook group of LiS fans that has 2k members, I rarely see adults there.

• Can't seem to get into GOT no matter how much I try, LIS got me hooked instantly. So I choose LIS over GOT. To each their own, eh?

• Not saying that at all, I'm just saying that you don't have to have a lot in common with a show/game/books main characters to find the subject matter compelling.

They said that because the game dealt with teenagers and their problems it was meant for teenagers. Because only teenagers can relate to teenage problems. I was refuting that point by saying that people other than doctors enjoy medical dramas even though they have no first hand experience when it comes to medical problems.

Forsoothe posted: »

I mean by that argument only pro athletes would buy sports games and only racecar drivers would buy racing games. Pro athletes, race

• Since that point has been clarified, I don't really take any issue with your point of view.

I personally feel that LiS is aimed towards both teenagers and young adults moreso than children (obviously) and those who are significantly more aged. Past a certain age I can't really see a majority of people taking dialogue such as "hella" seriously. Though that's a somewhat generalizing thought, I can't help but think that most LiS players are much closer in age to Max & Chloe than they are to David.

Not saying that at all, I'm just saying that you don't have to have a lot in common with a show/game/books main characters to find the subje

• Whats weird about it?..

does it matter???? Rhysha and whatsever the other called is so weird.

• Aw shit just got real.

did i hurt your feelings???

• not once has it occurred to me from playing this game.

That's ok. Nobody's perfect.

AWESOMEO posted: »

I see, so... "nobody's perfect"? Despite it being a rather superficial lesson to learn imo, not once has it occurred to me from playing this game.

• Hm. I stand corrected, I honestly thought that since Square Enix is publishing it (They are right? I don't pay much attention to video game companies, I just play games) they would've handed over some writers. Oh well, I was misinformed on my part. Btw, I love Splinter Cell and Heavy Rain, I have no idea how I didn't catch that. ¯_(ツ)_/¯

MichaelBP posted: »

Well, LiS only has two main writers for the entire season (I think, should actually pay attention to the credits), and I'm pretty sure Dontn

• Funny one.

not once has it occurred to me from playing this game. That's ok. Nobody's perfect.

• I thought that was very cleverly done.

The writers have intentionally used a lot of the over-the-top teenage stereotype characters, so that those tropes could then be inverted and

• But they're both. They're both for another demographic and bad, the bad part is my opinion, granted, but it can be both.

That's completely different. If you don't like it, you don't like it. I don't like lots of things. That doesn't mean they are meant for a

• Personally I think almost every game is aimed towards young adults.

There aren't many out there where I'd look at it and say "You know who this game is for? The over 35 crowd!"

Forsoothe posted: »

Since that point has been clarified, I don't really take any issue with your point of view. I personally feel that LiS is aimed towards b

• Disagree. Mainly because I don't count "teenage" as a demographic.

It's simply way too narrow. There's a reason why demos usually span about 20 years. That's the range you need to target to get any kind of benefit in the market.

But they're both. They're both for another demographic and bad, the bad part is my opinion, granted, but it can be both.

• "Fine by me." is a common way to express displeasure at somebody's decision. It's usually a bitter response.

Eh, that's a hard question. I do like the story more in GoT, but I like some of the gameplay aspects more in LiS. In specific examples...

• Yeah, because you only rewinded time to let Chloe get shot over and over again. (Did the unfitting terms trigger you badly?)

I don't see how satisfying it is to watch my bestfriend die.

But okay, whatever tickles your fancy.

I see, so... "nobody's perfect"? Despite it being a rather superficial lesson to learn imo, not once has it occurred to me from playing this game.

• Oh my!

Let the toxicity remain on the TWD section! I don't want that to spread to the GoT sub-forum.

shudders

• discussion ≠ toxicity

Oh my! Let the toxicity remain on the TWD section! I don't want that to spread to the GoT sub-forum. shudders

• I like the books and show, i'm not too fond of the game though. Life is strange is better in some ways except it's cringe worthy "humor"

So much more that it's incomprehensible to people who haven't read the books or at least watched the show. It's so vast and rich.

• Not what I meant.

discussion ≠ toxicity

• what did you mean then?

Not what I meant.

• People are getting asshole-y and dense—using fake cool egos

what did you mean then?

• That's one of the things that ruin the experience to me.

I like the books and show, i'm not too fond of the game though. Life is strange is better in some ways except it's cringe worthy "humor"

• Your best friend, my annoying little poser who goes against everything and everyone because her daddy died.

No need to get salty over the fact that I didn't find the game as deep and emotional as some of you did, it doesn't trigger me because triggers are fucking stupid, in fact I did do that and I very much enjoyed it.

Yeah, because you only rewinded time to let Chloe get shot over and over again. (Did the unfitting terms trigger you badly?) I don't see how satisfying it is to watch my bestfriend die. But okay, whatever tickles your fancy.

• I think we can all agree that no one actually likes any of these games and we just needed to play some filler till the next Call of Duty.

• edited August 2015

As much as I like LiS, I think GoT is better. LiS is just an another stupid teenage story with weak voice acting and horrible writing. The worse: Use rewind you can change your choices. Wow... I want to live with the choices I made, not to change them.

• And the dozens of DLC's that comes with it 2 weeks later .

DoubleJump posted: »

I think we can all agree that no one actually likes any of these games and we just needed to play some filler till the next Call of Duty.

• I meant an age group when I said a "demographic". Clearly a game can be made to suit different ages, just like educational games that teach you the ABCs are not marketed towards adults, and games like GTA are not marketed towards little children. In this instance, the age group this game turns to is teenagers. Or at least that's what IronWoodLover and others are saying.

Disagree. Mainly because I don't count "teenage" as a demographic. It's simply way too narrow. There's a reason why demos usually span about 20 years. That's the range you need to target to get any kind of benefit in the market.

• LiS is just an another stupid teenage story with weak voice acting and horrible writing.

How do you like it if you think it's horrible in all of those aspects?

Wolfenus54 posted: »

As much as I like LiS, I think GoT is better. LiS is just an another stupid teenage story with weak voice acting and horrible writing. The w

• edited August 2015

And "You're making a mistake" is a common way to verse a threat. It's also usually a bitter response.

If you operate off the assumption that there are 3 ways to go about something, why would two of them be bitter responses where you alienate the other person? You have to assume that one is a sympathetic one. And to me "That's fine by me." seems more sympathetic than "You're making a mistake."

But this isn't about that, you could easily see it the other way based on your own point of view. The point is that (IMO) it's very easy to misunderstand the stem of a response and say something you didn't mean to say.

BipedalP posted: »

"Fine by me." is a common way to express displeasure at somebody's decision. It's usually a bitter response.

• You're forgetting the fact that this 11 year old is: Clementine.

Lol it's better than WHOLE group of adults depending on a 11 year old kid....

• so what??? it's so stupid

You're forgetting the fact that this 11 year old is: Clementine.

• edited August 2015

• The worse: Use rewind you can change your choices.

You're a girl with the power to turn back time. obviously this option exists and is plausible within the general context. if you don't want to change your choices simply do not rewind anything..

As much as I like LiS, I think GoT is better. LiS is just an another stupid teenage story with weak voice acting and horrible writing. The w

• Good thing you said you liked the game.

• Yeah, Square published. Apparently they were the only publisher who didn't want them to change Max's gender or add QTEs and other things. I don't think they did much other than giving them the money they needed to make the game. I knew that some of the staff worked at Ubisoft, EA and Criterion, though I was wrong about saying they had staff from Quantic Dream. Apparently Quantic Dream only helped in some way with the development of Remember Me.

ISantCpell posted: »

Hm. I stand corrected, I honestly thought that since Square Enix is publishing it (They are right? I don't pay much attention to video game

Sign in to comment in this discussion.