Game of Thrones The Game: appreciation thread

This is thread for everyone who enjoys the game and wants to share their passion for this game. Tell us what you like about this game. Sorry for bad english.

Comments

• Well I hope everyone agrees that the voice-acting is FANTASTIC! Seriously, It makes the game so much better.

• For one, I'm glad that characters are given time to grow and develop. I was worried that they'd all be killed off one by one, but many have stuck around! I hope Telltale are past their little killing spree in TWD:S2, because I'm growing far too attached to characters in TTGoT. D:

• I love the whole North Grove mystery. I even spent a few hours researching my own theory :D
    Also the return of Rodrik. It felt like a game of thrones twist, it was well done.

• I 100% agree. I really like how the characters are given time to develop before they are killed. It makes the game feel more like the show\book.

Lewsblake23 posted: »

For one, I'm glad that characters are given time to grow and develop. I was worried that they'd all be killed off one by one, but many have

• I also love the North Grove mystery, it adds a lot to the story. My theory is kind of a depressing one. I think that the North Grove is actually a myth and that Garred will find nothing and then be killed by the white walker zombie things. I think that would a cool twist\tragedy much like something that would happen in the GoT show\books. But that's just my opinion.

kaza125 posted: »

I love the whole North Grove mystery. I even spent a few hours researching my own theory Also the return of Rodrik. It felt like a game of thrones twist, it was well done.

• pls no.
    I quite like Gared, would be a shame if it were all for nothing

soysauce posted: »

I also love the North Grove mystery, it adds a lot to the story. My theory is kind of a depressing one. I think that the North Grove is actu

• I actually like the fact that the decisions have a smaller effect on the overall game compared to other telltale games, because for me that is more realistic for the Game of Thrones universe.

But that's just me, don't kill me

• This is kind of pathetic

• And making a thread just for criticism of it isn't? I don't see why when the tables are flipped it's pathetic one way but not the other.

Clemenem posted: »

This is kind of pathetic

• Then don't read it and stop complaining already

This is kind of pathetic

• Why do we need an appreciation thread it already seems like this forum is stuck in a half way shift between defending and hating on this game. The critique thread was made so we wouldn't have so many pointless threads discussing the same thing so they can all be merged into one

Green613 posted: »

And making a thread just for criticism of it isn't? I don't see why when the tables are flipped it's pathetic one way but not the other.

• I don't see why this is pathetic though, if people want to express their appreciation and opinion of the game then let them, it isn't killing anybody :P

Why do we need an appreciation thread it already seems like this forum is stuck in a half way shift between defending and hating on this gam

• Yeah. I like Garred too, I just think it would be a very GoT thing to happen.

kaza125 posted: »

pls no. I quite like Gared, would be a shame if it were all for nothing

• Then why are you here?

This is kind of pathetic

• Please Clem&m

I am trying to be Jon Snow here! I want to unite everyone, whether critic or not, so that we can fight against the real problem here.

And we all know the real problem here, right? Dare I say,,

This is kind of pathetic

• And making a thread just for criticism of it isn't?

Uh, no? The purpose of that thread, as stated by the OP, was to confine the criticism to one place. I don't see how that could be considered pathetic in the slightest.

And making a thread just for criticism of it isn't? I don't see why when the tables are flipped it's pathetic one way but not the other.

• Especially Iwan Rheon!!! Honestly I don't like Cersei's character model, but her voice acting is still tremendous

Well I hope everyone agrees that the voice-acting is FANTASTIC! Seriously, It makes the game so much better.

• edited September 2015

I enjoy strong female characters like Beska with their own backstory, motivations and depth. She has to be the most intriguing character in the game for me.

• I agree. If they are having a season two it would be cool if she was a playable character.

I enjoy strong female characters like Beska with their own backstory, motivations and depth. She has to be the most intriguing character in the game for me.

• I agree, Beskha is a great character

• Ok, then how is this one considered pathetic? Can you answer me that one, since that was what I was actually asking. Read the entire post to get my point please "I don't see why when the tables are flipped it's pathetic one way but not the other."

And making a thread just for criticism of it isn't? Uh, no? The purpose of that thread, as stated by the OP, was to confine the criticism to one place. I don't see how that could be considered pathetic in the slightest.

• Because this is just a blatant potshot at the "Game of Thrones criticism thread"? I, myself, don't care if it's considered pathetic, but creating a thread as an obvious, passive agressive response to something else is definitely more petty than creating one to contain criticism.

Ok, then how is this one considered pathetic? Can you answer me that one, since that was what I was actually asking. Read the entire post to get my point please "I don't see why when the tables are flipped it's pathetic one way but not the other."

• edited September 2015

I really don't think it's a passive aggressive potshot in any way. The OP and title don't come off that way, it may have been created BECAUSE of the criticism thread, but just because it was created because of that thread doesn't mean he's firing shots at it. If he liked it, obviously he would want a thread to express that he liked it, what is he going to go in the criticism thread and tell everyone how much he liked it? No, because that wouldn't make any sense.

Because this is just a blatant potshot at the "Game of Thrones criticism thread"? I, myself, don't care if it's considered pathetic, but cre

• I really don't think it's a passive aggressive potshot in any way.

k.

The OP and title don't come off that way

Of course it doesn't. Stuff like that gets you banned. They don't have to explicitly state that in the OP for it to be painfully obvious, though.

it may have been created BECAUSE of the criticism thread,

That in itself is suspect.

but just because it was created because of that thread doesn't mean he's firing shots at it.

But that lends more credence to my argument than yours. He created a thread that was the exact opposite of another as a response to it. That's without getting into the nitty-gritty of why that's completely redundant in a Telltale's Game of Thrones forum.

Okay, I think I'm done with this convo.

I really don't think it's a passive aggressive potshot in any way. The OP and title don't come off that way, it may have been created BECAUS

• k.

Amazing counter argument.

Of course it doesn't. Stuff like that gets you banned. They don't have to explicitly state that in the OP for it to be painfully obvious, though.

It isn't painfully obvious because it isn't there, you're just being paranoid.

But that lends more credence to my argument than yours

No it doesn't... If I'm telling you that there's a chance it wasn't created for the reason you thought it was that definitely helps my argument. lol.

As an example of this though, it's like the Rhyiona and Rhysha threads in the TFTBL section, the Rhysha thread was created after the Rhyiona one was. But it wasn't created to fire shots or cause any negativity, it was created for people who shipped Rhysha, to ship Rhysha.

I really don't think it's a passive aggressive potshot in any way. k. The OP and title don't come off that way Of cour

• Amazing counter argument.

That was no argument. That was your own personal view. Which is why I responded with "k".

Duh.

It isn't painfully obvious because it isn't there, you're just being paranoid.

Maybe not to you. Anyone who is not lying to themselves can see it for what it is.

No it doesn't... If I'm telling you that there's a chance it wasn't created for the reason you thought it was that definitely helps my argument. lol.

Uh.

What?

No. No, it doesn't. Not unless I take your word for it. Making an argument doesn't inherently help your argument. Like, what. That's just the most insane logic I've... What.

k. Amazing counter argument. Of course it doesn't. Stuff like that gets you banned. They don't have to explicitly state that i

• Maybe not to you. Anyone who is not lying to themselves can see it for what it is.

What? Lmao what in the hell are you even talking about? Lying to myself? It isn't fact that he created this thread with mal intent, that's only speculation.

Amazing counter argument. That was no argument. That was your own personal view. Which is why I responded with "k". Duh. It

• Okay, Green. Keep being deliberately stubborn if you want.

Just answer me this: Without a criticism thread as its reason of conception, would this unnecessary thread ever have been created?

Maybe not to you. Anyone who is not lying to themselves can see it for what it is. What? Lmao what in the hell are you even talking about? Lying to myself? It isn't fact that he created this thread with mal intent, that's only speculation.

• edited September 2015

Rawr

Play nice now

Okay, Green. Keep being deliberately stubborn if you want. Just answer me this: Without a criticism thread as its reason of conception, would this unnecessary thread ever have been created?

• One reason I don't want to kill of Asher is because he has so many stories with Beskha about the jobs they've done and ppl they killed, like cmon I wanna know more! I want to kill these people too! Can we Telltale?!

Please?

• Okay, Dad.

Your avatar is pretty hilarious, btw.

Ignite Shireen, though. :(

ShaneGrimes posted: »

Rawr Play nice now

• Hey, it's the S.T.A.N.N.I.S system, it is love, it is life.

P.S: It's Always Sunny is one of my fav shows, and when I found this pic, I couldn't help myself

P.S.S: Shireen said she'd help, any way possible. (Yeah I'm evil :D)

Okay, Dad. Your avatar is pretty hilarious, btw. Ignite Shireen, though.

• This game made me watch the show and read the books.I love it more than sharks love blood.

• Go away..now.

This is kind of pathetic

• I love the voice acting in this game. I find the voice acting superior to Tales from the Borderlands and it is easy to make me feel connected to the character.

Also, I love the theme of family. For me, it is simply a story about a family trying to survive a very horrible time and they do that together. No greater scope, just a family trying to survive.

• Oh god, Beskha as playable character for S2, TELLTALE, PLEASE.

soysauce posted: »

I agree. If they are having a season two it would be cool if she was a playable character.

• I dont understand why people think the game is hated, someone criticizing something doesnt mean you hate it

• I love the House Forrester soundtrack. Telltale did a very good job, especially with the Ballad of the Forresters.

And at least Telltale didn't kill all of the Forresters.

I just hope that the Forresters will be mentioned in the show. I hope so. I would like to see that :D

• Yeah that would be cool.

Wolfenus54 posted: »

I love the House Forrester soundtrack. Telltale did a very good job, especially with the Ballad of the Forresters. And at least Telltale

• You know what I am done with this section. I am trying to bring at least bit of positivity by this thread so that it doesnt look like we are only arguing here and this is how people are repaying to me? You can rott here, so long suckers.

Okay, Dad. Your avatar is pretty hilarious, btw. Ignite Shireen, though.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.