The Whatever's on Your Mind Megathread

Comments

• Horse horse horse horse horse horse horse horse.

ComingSoon posted: »

Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo.

• Missing the reference Missing the reference Missing the reference Missing the reference Missing the reference Missing the reference.

Horse horse horse horse horse horse horse horse.

• Then I wouldn't recommend playing 5 unless it doesn't bother you not being able to make much sense of the story, plus you might not like the weird tonal shifts of Metal Gear this franchise is about how awful war is, the awful psychological side-effects of war and pretty much about how awful war is in general.... and poop jokes, lots of poop jokes, like seriously in 4 you had special bullets that made enemies piss and shit themselves in fear, also there's psychics, ghosts, giant robots and some pretty weird stuff in general.

Anyway if you're OK with all that, then go for it, it's a fantastic game but I just thought you should know that before getting into it.

Not really, I've played the first part of Ground Zeros where you go save someone named Paz I think that's her name.

• Yeah... I found a tape in 5 that's just a recording of someone taking a poop.

kaleion posted: »

Then I wouldn't recommend playing 5 unless it doesn't bother you not being able to make much sense of the story, plus you might not like the

• edited September 2015

That is brilliant!

.....-

I mean stupid... Typical Metal Gear though.

Yeah... I found a tape in 5 that's just a recording of someone taking a poop.

• I had a dream where Troy Baker died tragically in a plane crash when it was shot down by Russians

• A beautiful day for the Pope's visit, the stage looks great.

enter image description here

• The stage looks really beautiful ^^

A beautiful day for the Pope's visit, the stage looks great.

• This has been bothering me for a while now. How do i gif? Where do i find gifs? Please send help.

• enter image description here

Just kidding. Just google the gif you want, get the link, then paste it in the Image box.

This has been bothering me for a while now. How do i gif? Where do i find gifs? Please send help.

• wow.

enter link description here

• What a day, I took some great photos both before and during the mass, and I also took this video of Pope Francis driving by where I was standing.

• I was watching from the comfort of my living room, although some kids in my school got to go and miss classes.

What a day, I took some great photos both before and during the mass, and I also took this video of Pope Francis driving by where I was standing. enter link description here

• I told my dad, "No, I don't want Windows 10." What does he do? Download Windows 10 and add me to the Microsoft family as a "child". I'm nearly 15 and he already had Norton on my computer. What the crap, man? I don't do anything, why do you have to always spy on me?

This is done from a non-Microsoft device, though, so this won't show up in the feed. Seriously, though. I think I may just unistall it. Dunno if it'll take me out of the family or not. I just really don't like this upgrade, and not just because of the Microsoft family.

• I love that deleted video.

wow.

• Too bad you couldn't be there, but at least you got to watch it. I also got some pictures as well.

I was watching from the comfort of my living room, although some kids in my school got to go and miss classes.

• I like how the woman in the second picture is staring you down.

And the umbrella thing is kind of funny.

Too bad you couldn't be there, but at least you got to watch it. I also got some pictures as well.

• If you're old enough to circumvent child mode, you're probably old enough to figure out how not to get into trouble on the Internet, but you know Daddy Worries....

(And of course, big corporations like Microsoft want you to grow up being used to being spied upon.)

I told my dad, "No, I don't want Windows 10." What does he do? Download Windows 10 and add me to the Microsoft family as a "child". I'm near

• Gosh that's so cool. I'm jealous.

Too bad you couldn't be there, but at least you got to watch it. I also got some pictures as well.

• Damn, I didn't even see her looking at me like that when I took the picture. The umbrellas were for indicating communion stations, not so much for shade (although they do look funny). My mom actually just texted me a picture, apparently I was on Fox News for a brief second as the pope was driving by my section (I'm the one in the Clementine hat, yes I decided to wear it, it was hot outside and I enjoy wearing it).

I like how the woman in the second picture is staring you down. And the umbrella thing is kind of funny.

• It was such an amazing experience and I'm thankful that I could be a part of it.

Gosh that's so cool. I'm jealous.

• edited September 2015

My pancreas hurts

inb4 "Nobody gives a shit posts"

• Are you sure it's your pancreas?

My pancreas hurts inb4 "Nobody gives a shit posts"

• Rob Dyke posted his reasoning on why he removed the video. He felt that he painted a certain website on the video in a "negative light" which I kinda think is absurd, but hey he's got his reasoning.

Maybe someone from the Deep Web threatened him lol.

• Thanks.

Just kidding. Just google the gif you want, get the link, then paste it in the Image box.

• I agree. Just feels really weird.

WarpSpeed posted: »

If you're old enough to circumvent child mode, you're probably old enough to figure out how not to get into trouble on the Internet, but you

• Probably not, it was just somewhere near the area for about 15 minutes.

Are you sure it's your pancreas?

• Was it on the right side? You should probably see a doctor if it was bad or if it keeps happening. It could be your body's way of telling you something isn't right.

Probably not, it was just somewhere near the area for about 15 minutes.

• edited September 2015

Ugh, I hate it when I get eye guck stuck in my eyelid, feels so uncomfortable. >_>

Anyway, I was doing a replay Resident Evil Revelations 2 again (I realize that I've been talking a lot about the series, going through that RE phase that I experience every 2 years) and I love this little resemblance to a fairy tail, Snow White. WARNING! MAJOR PLOT SPOILAHS!

In RE REV 2 there's an orphaned little girl by the name of Natalia Korda, she's an innocent child who sports braided black hair with a blue ribbon for decoration, and wears a white dress, with slightly pale skin. She's the Snow White of the story, as she also goes into a deep slumber by the game's very own witch, Alex Wesker.

Alex Wesker is basically the queen/step-mother of the story (she ruled the island as its monarch), as well as experimenting people with a virus triggered by fear. Her "magic mirror" is her monitor room where she observes all the activities taking place on the island, taking control of the environments and communicating electronically. Alex seeks immortality, and transfers a copy of her mind into Natalia, who must then sleep for 6 months in a glass chamber resembling the glass coffin. Alex then commits suicide shortly after because all her plans are done and she's ready to transcend. However for a short moment she experienced fear as she pulled the trigger (she injected herself the T-Phobos virus to see she can overcome fear, her bracelet which detects level of anxiety remained "safe" until that last moment), and soon after her body sagged and mutated, and she turned into a monster when she woke up. She wore a cloak, looked like the old peddler (the queen that assumes that form in disguise to give the apple) from Snow white but on a more extreme level. She believed her plan failed, an became obsessed in revenge over Natalia, seeing her as a failure, stalking the child and attempting to strike when she had the chance.

And a third resemblance is the "huntsman" of the story, Barry Burton. He is Natalia's protector in the game, and ironically, both are in a forest in one part of the game, seeking to escape it from monsters. The radio tower at the end of episode one in the game can resemble the dwarves' home as it served ad refuge for the man and child for the night. At the very end of the game, in the bad ending, Natalia dies at the hands of the mutated Alex, but the Alex persona takes over Natalia (the conscience that was transferred into Natalia) and kills the original Alex. Barry finds himself unable to kill the now possessed Natalia, much like the huntsman couldn't kill Snow White by order.

• edited September 2015

I didn't hear about it until early this morning, Yogi Berra, former catcher for the New York Yankees who won 10 World Series during his career, passed away on Tuesday at the age of 90.

Yogi was also famous for his many attributed Yogi-isms, some of his most famous are:

1. You can observe a lot by just watching.
    2. No one goes there nowadays, it’s too crowded.
    3. Baseball is 90% mental and the other half is physical.
    4. We made too many wrong mistakes.
    5. You wouldn’t have won if we’d beaten you.
    6. I tell the kids, somebody’s gotta win, somebody’s gotta lose. Just don’t fight about it. Just try to get better.
    7. I usually take a two-hour nap from 1 to 4.
    8. It was impossible to get a conversation going, everybody was talking too much.
    9. In baseball, you don’t know nothing.
    10. I never said most of the things I said.
    11. A lot of guys go, ‘Hey, Yog, say a Yogi-ism.’ I tell ’em, ‘I don’t know any.’ They want me to make one up. I don’t make ’em up. I don’t even know when I say it. They’re the truth. And it is the truth. I don’t know.

But one of my personal favorites: "It ain’t over till it’s over." R.I.P. Yogi, a great Yankee, an even better person.

• Wait the Panceras is on the right side!?!?! I've been looking at the wrong body map this whole time then.....

Was it on the right side? You should probably see a doctor if it was bad or if it keeps happening. It could be your body's way of telling you something isn't right.

• My oven's fuse is no good... shit. c:

• The Pope's visit has been all over the news here. My dad and I were watching the news during the trip and when the Pope said, "Climate change is not something to be left to future generations" (something along those lines, anyway), my dad said, "That's not rocket science."

It was such an amazing experience and I'm thankful that I could be a part of it.

• Make sure your oven is in perfect working condition before using it again. :)

My oven's fuse is no good... shit. c:

• Found this awesome thing

Sauce

• Yeah, I wouldn't want it to blow up. .-.

WarpSpeed posted: »

Make sure your oven is in perfect working condition before using it again.

• Holy shit! Did anyone else see the New episode of Steven Universe? God damn, that shit was amazing.

• https://youtube.com/watch?v=Lq0fUa0vW_E

I keep a close watch on this heart of mine / I keep my eyes wide open all the time / I keep the ends out for the tie that binds / Because you're mine, I walk the line.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.