Forum of Thrones: An Interactive Story

Comments

• [Leave with Carvin]

Alys A few hours before noon, Alys was awoken with a start by the sound of someone knocking at her door. She opened her eyes, for a momen

• edited September 2015

[Stay in the Great Hall]

Alys A few hours before noon, Alys was awoken with a start by the sound of someone knocking at her door. She opened her eyes, for a momen

• edited September 2015

Who's the next part going to be?

Had to think about this for a bit. I'm actually still not sure, but the current possibilites are Richard, Kersea or Jaron. Kersea is the most likely choice at the moment, considering that her storyline hasn't even started yet, but it wouldn't be the first time I switched the PoV in the last minute, as I definitely would also like to continue with Jaron's storyline for this chapter. I have a few paragraphs of Richard's next part already written, but I think I should write Kersea's part first.

[Stay in the Great Hall] Nah, I want more Harren. Who's the next part going to be?

• [Leave with Carvin] Well this is turning out to be n interesting turn of events.

• [Stay in the Great Hall]

• Hi everyone! I have made some more illustrations :)

These would have been ready earlier, but I was stuck at the campus without my mouse and I can't really draw without it. Anyway, it was nice to draw again, hopefully you like these :)

enter image description here

• edited September 2015

These are awesome! Damon looks so cool!

Hi everyone! I have made some more illustrations These would have been ready earlier, but I was stuck at the campus without my mouse and I can't really draw without it. Anyway, it was nice to draw again, hopefully you like these

• I love how you made Nora look. She looks so much more badass than when I imagined her when writing her. Nora as an character has become fairly badass now that I considered it, besides the time she lost against Kersea.

Hi everyone! I have made some more illustrations These would have been ready earlier, but I was stuck at the campus without my mouse and I can't really draw without it. Anyway, it was nice to draw again, hopefully you like these

• Glad to hear you like it! :D And one has to be pretty badass to become a captain of guard at such a young age - even if we are talking about a small place like Raylansfair.

Bounden posted: »

I love how you made Nora look. She looks so much more badass than when I imagined her when writing her. Nora as an character has become fairly badass now that I considered it, besides the time she lost against Kersea.

• edited September 2015

Oh yes, new drawings! These look really nice, amazing work! And as always, they look mostly like I imagined them. Especially Philip looks, up to the smallest detail, as expected and even though his looks are naturally a bit plainer than those of the others, he is still great. The same goes for Ilish, who also looks exactly like I have imagined her. You managed to capture both of them very well. Nora looks like a real badass, exactly like the girl who fought against two highly dangerous killers at the same day should look like. And finally, I especially love the Greyjoy siblings here, they are certainly among my favourite character drawings from you. Kyra looks just great, she has this wonderfully bloodthirsty grin that just shows how dangerous she is. And with Damon, I like this subtly dangerous vibe he gives. In his way, he is no less dangerous than his deadly sister and your drawings really showed this well. I also have to say, he looks uncannily like Harmund Hoare, which suits him perfectly.

• Very good to hear you like 'em! As I draw Philip I just followed the description you had given and by the end I noticed that he looks very similar to Asher, all the way to the grin :D Don't know if it was intentional by whoever submitted him.

And Greyjoys were nice to draw, but I have to say that Damon's supposed longsword turned out more like a bastard sword... But I guess someone like him has several swords :p

Oh yes, new drawings! These look really nice, amazing work! And as always, they look mostly like I imagined them. Especially Philip looks, u

• edited September 2015

The Voting is closed!

Alys is going to leave the Great Hall together with Carvin

I have to retract my earlier statement that this would be Alys' last part in this chapter. I got an idea to give her another part later in this chapter and I am quite happy with it. It will also involve characters like Carvin, Gabin and Hjalgar, who had only little screentime in this chapter.

The next part should be out later today, although I still have a bit of writing to do. It will be the beginning of Kersea's storyline in this chapter. I will also most likely add a second PoV for Lyria into this part, as it is highly unlikely that Kersea's PoV is going to have the length of a full part. And well, what can I say about this coming part... Probably, fuck Clayton. Seriously, fuck that guy.

On another note, I have once again changed the title of the story, albeit slightly. I realized that 'An Interactive Game of Thrones Story' is somewhat redundant, considering that the story is named Forum of Thrones and is located in the General Discussion of the Game of Thrones section. So, it is only 'An Interactive Story' now, which sounds a lot smoother in my opinion. If I'm not happy with this title later, I might change it back, but for now I kinda like how it looks.

• edited September 2015

Can't wait! I love Kersea and Alysanne of course ^_^. Can someone remind me what happened last time we saw Kersea? Just to job my memory, it's been a while.

The Voting is closed! Alys is going to leave the Great Hall together with Carvin I have to retract my earlier statement that this woul

• edited September 2015

Last time we saw Kersea, she and her group were recovering from the failed attempt at killing Jenna. She (sort of) befriended Alysanne and later tried to lie to Clayton about her involvement in the events that lead to Wolfius' failure to kill Jenna. She was then brutally beaten up by Clayton for her failure, but not killed, while Wolfius left the group, furious about Clayton's refusal to kill her. Kersea's next part will start later on the same day.

AgentZ46 posted: »

Can't wait! I love Kersea and Alysanne of course ^_^. Can someone remind me what happened last time we saw Kersea? Just to job my memory, it's been a while.

• edited September 2015

Kersea

Kersea slightly winced as Clayton put a handkerchief to her cheek. The alcohol he has put onto it stung in her cuts and bruises. And as expected, he even had the audacity to give her an apologetic look, at least as much as he was able to do, with his complete lack of genuine remorse. “I'm sorry”, he said and she didn't manage to shook her head, with his hand still pressed on her cheek. “I never wanted to hurt you that badly”

“Liar”, Kersea said and noticed the hurt expression on his face. The psychopathy of Clayton Teryl wasn't as immediately obvious as Alysanne's or Wolfius'. He managed to hide it, behind charming words, behind calm and thoughtful plans. And for some reason, he only showed his true face around Kersea.

Her eyes moved down to the knife he was wearing at his belt. If she would be fast... If she would be fast, her sister would die. No, killing Clayton was out of question. He followed her gaze and a frown formed on his face. “You must really hate me”, he mumbled.

“Can you blame me for it?”, Kersea mumbled, without looking at him, as he tended to the wound on her lower lip. “Despite all the trouble you have caused, I'm still sparing your life. I'm continuing to protect your sister”, Clayton answered with resentment in his voice. “And yet, you are still so convinced that I am the bad man here”

Kersea let out a sigh, half out of frustration, half out of pain, as the distilled alcohol he used to clean her wounds came into contact the slightly deeper cut on her chin. “This again?”, she asked. “I'm not in the mood for another round of your little mind game. We both know how it ends. I insult you, you hit me, I don't hit back, because little Briar is going to pay the price for it” A disgusted look flashed over her face, as she looked at him. “She's ten years old, you good man”, she spat.

Clayton pressed his lips together, holding the alcohol-soaked handkerchief uncomfortably tight onto her cut, until a pained expression flashed across Kersea's face. “I only follow orders”, he hissed and Kersea rolled with her eyes, partially out of annoyance, partially out of relief as he finally pulled the handkerchief away. “Clayton”, she chirped, her voice full of hatred. “What part of 'I don't discuss this with a murderous one-eyed bastard' don't you understand?”

The man closed his eyes, raising both of his hands in defeat. “I see, sweet Kersea. Why don't we change the topic?”, he asked and Kersea gave him a mildly resigned glare. “Do I have a choice?”, she asked. As always, Clayton just ignored her question. Well, that was also an answer, of some sorts.

“You never really told me how your life has been before we met. You never talked about your parents”, Clayton spoke and Kersea had to close her eyes for a moment. She knew, he was doing it on purpose. But she wouldn't give him the satisfaction of seeing her in mourning. “I never talk about them, because that's usually not the kind of talk I want to have with their killer”, she snarled.

For a moment, Clayon looked genuinely upset. “You're unfair”, he answered. “I haven't killed them and you know that. I haven't even ordered their deaths” Kersea gave him a nod of feigned approval. “Good for you. Surely you expect some sort of reward now, do you?”, she mumbled.

Clayton shook his head. “Your company is reward enough, my dear. How has your home been? It must have been beautiful, up in the North”, he said and for a moment, Kersea saw amusement in his one good eye. “Once I have been to the North too, you know”, he added, before she had the chance to answer.

“Whom have you killed there?”, she answered and a smirk appeared on Clayton's face. “Please, Kersea. Drop the act. You call me a remorseless monster, but we both know that you have stopped being the innocent little sweetheart from the North years ago”, he said gleefully. “Do you still remember how many you have killed on my orders?”

“Nine”, Kersea mumbled immediately and Clayton's smirk turned into a full grin. “I'm at forty-eight, but this is not a competition. What matters is, you're not better than me or Alysanne”, he chuckled. “If you call us killers, at least acknowledge that you are just like us. Don't put yourself on a pedestal, my dear”

Kersea bit her lower lip as a frown flashed over her face. She knew, he was just saying it to cause her pain. But what truly hurt her was that she knew he wasn't entirely wrong. “And don't you dare blaming me”, Clayton continued and she closed her eyes as she couldn't take it anymore to look him in the eye. “I only nurtured your natural talent. What you did to the man who killed your family... that was a work of art”

“A work of art...”, Kersea mumbled and opened her eyes again. Clayton's hand touched her hair and gently brushed it over her ear. “To Butterfly, you are just a tool. Whatever Alysanne sees in you is not genuine. To her, you're just an interesting way to pass some time. Raenna is dead”, he whispered and gleefully looked at the distraught expression that flashed over her face. “In a certain way, I am the only friend you have left, the only one that cares for you at all in this world”

She gulped, as Clayton softly put an arm around her, pulling her into a light hug. She wasn't resisting, she was too busy not to show any weakness in front of him. “So beautiful, so brave”, Clayton remarked. “You can be so much more than just Butterfly's tool. Together, we can be so much more”

She closed her eyes, to hide her tears, but mainly to hide her anger, as he leaned in to kiss her. She stopped him by putting a hand on his chest, a gesture that caused his twisted grin to form into a genuine smile, which only got wider as she came closer. “Clayton...”, she whispered into his ear, before her voice gained sharpness. “You're sick”, she hissed and harshly pushed him away. “I'm nothing like you. And I will never be with you”

For a moment, Kersea and Clayton looked at each other, any trace of softness gone from his face. Then, without saying a word, Clayton gave her a painful slap across the face, reopening the small cuts he had just treated, even further hurting her already bruised cheek, sending her head first to the hard ground.

“Very well then”, Clayton growled, his voice sounding colder than ever, as she lay on the ground, beaten once again. “Be a good little tool then, be a good little killer. Other than that, you are nothing. Just a broken and worthless husk” He knelt down next to her, resting his hands on her back as she tried to stand up again, pushing her back to the ground. At this point, she completely failed to hide her tears. She was trembling in helpless anger and in desperate rage. “You hear me? You are worthless”, he growled. “The next time you fuck something up, I'm going to cut off your little sisters fingers, every single one of them”

“If you hurt her”, Kersea hissed, still facing the ground. “I will kill you. You hear me? I will kill you if you even touch her, you son of a bitch” Clayton's cold chuckle sent shivers down her spine. “No, you won't. We both know, you just like to talk big, like a beaten old dog that lacks the spine to bite, only able to bark and growl. You will follow my orders, because you know that is the only thing that keeps sweet Briar safe”

Before Kersea could answer, the sound of the warehouse door getting opened caused Clayton to look away from her. “Am I interrupting something?”, Alysanne asked cheerfully as she walked in. “Aren't you sweet as sugar, my lovebirds? Come on, I got something important for you”

She walked closer, apparently completely oblivious of the fresh bruises on Kersea's face, judging by the smile on hers. “Get up, Puppy. Bad time to get laid”, she joked, looking from her to Clayton. “What have you found out?”, Clayton asked and Alysanne grinned proudly. “Followed him for a while. Currently, he is at the blacksmiths house”, she explained. “It should take him a while to get in, but if we want to help them, we have to hurry”

Clayton shook his head, slight amusement in his voice as he answered. “Why should we do that? Let Wolfius have his fun, we deal with him later. What's with the city guard?”, he asked. Kersea noticed that Alysanne's grin vanished and for a moment, the other woman looked genuinely concerned.

“Yeah, that's a problem”, she said. “The little rabbit you failed to kill, he informed the city guard. Over a dozen men are on their way and they should be here in half an hour” She looked at Clayton, who seemed to think about what she just said. “Clayton, we need to get out of here”

He gave her a short nod, before a cruel grin appeared on his face. “And we will, dear Alysanne”, he answered, before walking towards the number of barrels that was stored in the warehouse. “But I don't intend to run with my tail between the legs. They don't know it yet, but this is Butterfly's city. And as long as he is not here, this is my city and I intend to send them a message”

With considerable effort, he opened one of the barrels and the smell of oil filled the air. “Have you ever asked yourself what exactly Ellyrio Terys was trading here in Raylansfair?”, Clayton asked with a grin. “All of these barrels are full with lamp oil. Help me spread it over the whole place. I'll take position on the roofs on the other side of the streets. As soon as they are all in here, I'll shoot a burning arrow through the window, setting the whole building ablaze”

“And over a dozen guardsmen with it”, Alysanne said, a dreamy expression on her face. “Imagine how they are going to scream” Her smirk vanished as quick as it came. “But they are going to realize the trap, when they enter an empty warehouse”

Clayton gave her a nod. “That's why you, my dear, will stay behind on the second floor, with a sharpened blade and a well-oiled crossbow. Give them something to fight against. As soon as this building burns, escape through the skylight”, he ordered her.

Immediately, Kersea noticed a change in Alysanne's behaviour. The eager, bloodthirsty expression vanished, replaced by almost childlike fear. “You... you're leaving me behind?”, she asked, looking down at the bandages that hid her slowly healing burn wounds. “With all the... the fire?” Her eyes widely opened, she started to shiver. “Is that an order?”, she asked, her voice pleading him not to do it.

Clayton only gave her a cold nod. “It's not suicide, Alysanne. If anyone can survive this, it's you. Seven Hells, I saw you surviving a lot worse”, he tried to reassure her and to Kersea's surprise, she saw tears of fear in Alysanne's green eyes. “Is that an order?”, she repeated, giving Kersea a pleading look, nonverbally begging her to intervene.

[Offer to take Alysanne's place instead] [Suggest that Clayton takes Alysanne's place] [Stay out of it]

Lyria

“Rosie...”, Lyria growled, as she looked down on her hammer, grabbing it firmly, mostly to suppress the anxiety that caused her to shake. “We're staying right where we are. He can't hurt us in here, we're safe, you hear me?”

Her daughter gave her a short nod, still shaking in fear, as she moved closer. Both of them looked at the dark backroom that now contained an open door. Lyria heard heavy footsteps walking around the house, as Wolfius bashed his knife at every closed window he passed, slowly approaching the backroom.

“Look at me, Rosie”, Lyria said to calm her daughter, but especially, to calm herself. “He can't hurt you as long as I'm here to protect you” Rosalie gave her an unconvinced nod, but shivered as Wolfius' howling laughter was heard. “Don't make promises you can't keep, blacksmith Mettel”, he shouted. Judging from his voice, he was now near the backdoor.

“He was loud, Rosie. Someone is going to hear it. The city guard has to be here soon”, Lyria mumbled again, more to herself than to Rosalie. “No one is going to hear it, blacksmith Mettel”, Wolfius yelled loudly. A cruel chuckle sounded, as he walked past the backdoor, to Lyria's surprise. That was his way in, the only way in! The windows were locked, she knew it.

“We should run...”, Rosalie mumbled, but made no attempt at running herself, instead she stood at her position, frozen in fear. Lyria shook her head. “He wants it. Wants to chase us, to hunt us down. It's a trap”, she answered.

“Oh, you're right with one thing, blacksmith Mettel”, Wolfius chuckled as he came closer. “I would really like to hunt you down. But it looks like you don't want to come outside to play”, he growled and his voice now sounded at the window directly to Lyria's right. She took a step away from it, grabbing her hammer firmly. “Then I guess I have to come and get you...”

And then Lyria saw it. The window, the same window that has been locked for sure just minutes ago, was now unlocked, the sliding bolt that firmly kept it shut when he first tried to enter through it was now clearly open. And before she was able to do anything, the window was pushed open and Wolfius Woodbark jumped in.

He looked slightly different from last time Lyria saw him, unhinged, more primal. His left eye was milky white, a fresh cut visible over it. But the look in his remaining eye was even more intense than before, even more unsettling, and a wolfish grin was visible on his face. Without missing a beat, Lyria swung her hammer at him in a high angle, only for him to dodge the attack, as he raised his knife and slightly cut over Lyria's upper arm.

The sudden and unexpected pain was enough to cause Lyria to drop her hammer, but the second strike was even worse. The hilt of his knife hit her face with brutal power, slightly under her left eye, causing her to drop to the ground. “Hello, blacksmith Mettel”, Wolfius chuckled, as she struggled to stay conscious.

Rosalie wasn't screaming. She just stood there, frozen in terror as Wolfius stepped over Lyria, walking closer towards her. “And good evening Rosalie”, the beast greeted her. “It's such a cold night outside and I have to thank you for letting me in”

She pointed her knife at him, which didn't even seem to concern him. “Stay back!”, she screamed in terror. “Mother! Do something, mother!” Lyria let out a grunt, as she tried to get back on her feet. She saw, Wolfius glanced at her shortly, smirking, as he still walked closer towards Rosalie, completely unfazed by her knife.

“I once knew a little girl, just like you”, Wolfius growled. “Would you like to hear what I did to her?” He gave Lyria another glare, as she tried to get back to her feet. Wolfius punch had been hard, nearly hard enough to knock her out and at the very least, hard enough to make the whole world around her blurry.

“Would you like to hear how she screamed, how she begged? How long we made her suffer?”, the beast continued and an enraptured smile appeared on his face. “Ah, the good old days” For a moment, it appeared as if Wolfius would pay little attention to Lyria. She used this opportunity to grab her hammer with her other arm, to jump up and to strike at his neck.

To her own surprise, she indeed managed to strike him, even if he tried to dodge the attack. Her hammer heavily hit his shoulder, causing him to howl, as he was sent forwards, struggling to stay on his feet. His small knife was sent flying through the air, landing somewhere behind Rosalie, who still stood still. Her facial expression was nearly as surprised as Wolfius'.

“You...”, Wolfius stuttered in surprise, as Lyria attempted to hit him again. “Oh no, you won't”, he snarled and before Lyria managed to attack, he jumped forwards, slamming both of his hands against her chin. Once again, she noticed that, for a man as physically unassuming as him, Wolfius had incredible strength. The punch was hard enough to send her to the ground again, but this time, Wolfius jumped on top of her.

“You couldn't just follow simple orders, huh?”, Wolfius yelled at her. “You just had to go to the city guard! People like you make me sick!” With these words, he threw two heavy punches at her face. “You live in your small world, do your small tasks and think you are safe, because no one wants to take your small life away from you...”, he snarled as he threw another punch, this time at her chin. The force of his attack was enough to stop any of Lyria's attempts to fight back. “Well, big news, blacksmith Mettel. Now I'm a part of your life and I will take away everything you love, just because I can. It's going to be a slow process and it's going to be...”

Just as Lyria was about to give up her struggle to stay conscious, Wolfius' pained howl forcibly caused her to regain consciousness. Rosalie stood behind him, her facial expression full of anger and hatred. She had tried to stab him in the neck, but somehow, Wolfius had managed to partially evade her attack. Instead, her knife was now embedded in the upper part of his right shoulder.

“Stay away from my mother”, she growled, pulling the knife out of his flesh in an attempt of attacking him again. Despite his pain, Wolfius was faster than her, a lot faster. Before the knife came even close to him, he had managed to grab her wrist with his left hand, using the right to throw a vicious punch at her face.

“You really are a dumb little whore, aren't you?”, Wolfius hissed, as he started to twist her hand. “Should have run while I was busy with your mother” Lyria saw Rosalie's widely opened eyes, the fear, the pain, the helplessness as she realized that the weak punches she threw at Wolfius with her free hand weren't hard enough to make him react in the slightest. And then, without much effort, Wolfius simply snapped Rosalie's right wrist.

The sound of the breaking bone, her daughter crying in agony and Wolfius' amused chuckle immediately caused Lyria's muffled senses to return. She jumped up just as Wolfius yanked the knife out of Rosalie's broken hand. She grabbed her hammer, the same moment Wolfius grabbed Rosalie before she was able to fall to the ground, putting an arm around her neck. His other arm held the knife and pointed it at her belly, just as Lyria raised her hammer in his direction.

“Stop right there, blacksmith Mettel...”, Wolfius growled. Everything was silent around them, only the sound of Rosalie's desperate sobs were audible, as she held her twisted wrist with her good hand. “Leave her be!”, Lyria barked desperately, although she tried her best to sound authoritative, to hide her fear. “This is between us!”

“Indeed it is”, Wolfius agreed. “But I told you, I'm going to take away everything you love” A sick grin formed on his face as he looked down at his wounded shoulder. “This one isn't even going to slow me down. You on the other hand, all battered and bruised. You have no chance at winning. But perhaps it does not have to end today...”

“What do you want?”, Lyria yelled at him in desperation, looking at her sobbing daughter. Wolfius' grin got even wider, even sicker as he answered. “I want you to lie awake at night, fearing the moment I could come back to take away the little I leave you with. I want you to see me in every shadow that surrounds you. I want you to suffer, blacksmith Mettel. And most importantly, I want you to follow my orders. Today, all you need to do is to give up. Drop your hammer and maybe, just maybe, I will allow you and your little whore another day in your insignificant live”

Lyria looked down at her hammer and looked at her daughter, wounded, in pain, held hostage by a beast. If Wolfius said the truth, he wouldn't kill them. But would that be better? The life Wolfius described, was that something she wanted for Rosalie? Perhaps she should take her chances. Attack him before he could kill Rosalie. Perhaps they could both make it. Or perhaps she was about to make the biggest mistake in her life.

[Follow his order] [Try to attack him]

• [Stay out of it] Nah. She's fine.

[Try to attack him] A chance to get Lyria, Rosalie, and Wolfius killed? That's excellent.

Kersea Kersea slightly winced as Clayton put a handkerchief to her cheek. The alcohol he has put onto it stung in her cuts and bruises. A

• Stay out of it

Try to attack him

Good Job!

Kersea Kersea slightly winced as Clayton put a handkerchief to her cheek. The alcohol he has put onto it stung in her cuts and bruises. A

• Intense! :D

[Suggest that Clayton takes Alysanne's place] Well, Alysanne is better than Clayton...

[Try to attack him] Just do it!

• edited September 2015

[Stay out of it]

[Try to attack him] I seriously doubt he'll uphold his end of the bargain. Maybe Rosalie and Lyria will die. At the very least, I hope she can give Wolfius a crippling injury.

• [Stay out of it] [Try to attack him]

Great Part!

• [Stay out of it]

[Try to attack him]

• [Offer to take Alysanne's place instead]

[Follow his order]

• [Try to attack him]

[Suggest that Clayton takes Alysanne's place]

• [Stay out of it]
    [Try to attack him]

• [Suggest that Clayton takes Alysanne's place] That piece of ****. Let him burn.

[Try to attack him] He hurted her child, i don't think she would just surrender like that, hiding tail between her legs. Cripple him even more!

I really liked both of parts. Quite dynamic - i like it. Keep going!

• [Offer to take Alysanne's place instead]

I personally don't care for Kersea, and am fine with putting her in harm's way.

[Try to attack him]

Praying for Lyria and Rosalie.

• edited September 2015

[Suggest that Clayton take Alysanne's place] No! I love Alysanne, we shall not abandon our new friend! I can't believe everyone's voting for 'stay out of it' ;(

[Try to attack him] we will not cower and live in fear! (I hope so anyway) this ends now, one way or another.

I must like Alysanne more than I thought. I legitimately got the 'feels' at that last part.

• [Stay out of it] I don't want Clayton to have the chance at killing any of the guards, so we just gotta hope Kersea will do some sort of 180 and help out the guards.

[Try to attack him]We have enough sadistic worrying already, if they die oh well.

• [Stay out of it] Although I do like Alysanne, in order for Gutten and Raylansfair to win, Clayton must have zero men willing to fight with him. He's probably so good to the point nothing can kill him unless he is at a disadvantage. Sacrifices must be made.

[Try to attack him] Last time we had a choice like this, Cass got killed. But knowing Wolfius, he will just kill her anyway regardless of what Lyria does.

• [Stay out of it]

[Try to attack him]

• (Suggest Clayton takes Alysanne place)

(Try to attack him)

• Wait for me. I was in the holydays, i have to read the last chapters >.<
    Did my character made an appearance already? o.o

• Welcome back! Sadly, your character hasn't appeared yet, but it won't be that long until he makes his first appearance. The storyline that will eventually introduce him will start soon :)

Xemnes posted: »

Wait for me. I was in the holydays, i have to read the last chapters >.< Did my character made an appearance already? o.o

• [Suggest that Clayton takes Alysanne's place]

[Try to attack him]

Let's do this.

• [Suggest that Clayton takes Alysaynne's place]

[Try to attack him]

• edited September 2015

The Voting is closed!

Kersea will stay out of the argument between Alysanne and Clayton

Lyria will try to attack Wolfius

Both choices will be very important for future parts. As you have clearly realized, Wolfius has no intentions to leave Lyria or Rosalie alive, he's just toying with them. If Lyria would have followed his orders, it would have resulted in him disemboweling Rosalie. Now? Well, considering that he has a knife pointed to her belly, there is the chance that the results won't be pretty either, but perhaps there will be a slight difference, for Lyria, Rosalie and Wolfius. As for the Kersea choice, I was surprised that so many of you chose for Alysanne to stay behind, instead of choosing Clayton or Kersea, considering that Kersea is not exactly the most popular PoV (although I got the feeling some of you start to like her a bit more, correct me if I'm wrong), while Clayton can objectively only be described as a huge piece of shit. However, the results of this choice will perhaps be surprising for some of you. There will be some long-term consequences coming out of this, mainly for Kersea's storyline, but it will also have consequences for other storylines. One of these other storylines will be Richard's, who is the PoV for the next part. Speaking of the next part, I hope to finish it today.

• RIP Alysanne

The Voting is closed! Kersea will stay out of the argument between Alysanne and Clayton Lyria will try to attack Wolfius Both choic

• I stay tuned. I just need some time to read all the last chapters and the choices^^

Welcome back! Sadly, your character hasn't appeared yet, but it won't be that long until he makes his first appearance. The storyline that will eventually introduce him will start soon

• I'm most likely ranting and exagerating so please don't take this personally.

Not gonna lie, I'm really annoyed that [Stay out of it] won the vote, I've been annoyed with votes that won before but not on this level. It seems like people are voting based on how they think it'll get certain characters killed, Jenna, Richard and now Alysanne and I feel like my favourite characters are getting the worst outcome because of it. Not only that but it's affecting how I personally feel about certain characters. I love Kersea but who knows how I'll feel about her once this choice plays out. Just the thought of Alysanne (who Kersea said she'd be friends with I might add! With this choice she basically lied) pleading for help and Kersea turning her back on her sickens me. Another thing about the votes, people seem to vote based on how they think it'll affect other characters not the POV, which seems unrealistic and unfair to me when you don't make the choice thinking from the current POV's perspective. I love this story but honestly, the winning choices are ruining it for me (that's how I feel anyway).

Again this was most likely a rant but feel free to debate with me.

The Voting is closed! Kersea will stay out of the argument between Alysanne and Clayton Lyria will try to attack Wolfius Both choic

• edited September 2015

I actually agree with some of the points you brought up and am fully aware that some people try to kill certain characters with their votes, without taking the consequences for other characters in mind. Now, one of my main goals when writing this story, aside from making it as enjoyable as possible for me and you, is that the story stays as unpredictable as its source material. What fun would it be if the consequences of your choices would be that obious? I am also not a big fan of trying to kill characters who do not deserve it. Poor Jenna is probably the most prominent and undeserving example here. As a result, I sometimes deliberately mislead you with some choices (like the choice to trust the gruff but seemingly well-intentioned Maron Mullendore or the rude and shady Archmaester Quent in Chapter 4) and a choice that is likely to kill a certain character might end up killing a completely different character instead, or no character at all. Personally, I do not like killing characters, which of course does not stop me from doing so once their time has come.

However, the death of a character always has consequences, even for characters who are not at all connected to the deceased character. One example for this would be Lunett. Her death is obviously going to affect her father once he learns about it, therefore potentially affecting every character that has a chance of interacting with him, which right now includes the complete Raylansfair cast. The understandably bad mood he is going to be in once he learns about his daughters death could result in bad things happening to other characters around him, even if they had no connection to Lunett. The same thing can be applied to characters like Jenna, Richard or Alysanne, whose possible deaths will have consequences for more than just the cast of characters they are currently interacting with.

As for Kersea's choice, I was surprised at first, that a majority chose to stay out of it and would have preferred if Clayton would have stayed behind, mainly because I think this bastard would have deserved it. Also, the thought of how distraught Alysanne must be now is a bit heartbreaking. However, I can also understand the arguments Bounden and Nightshroud brought up, even if they have not considered that the city guard is now up to a heavily armed and highly bloodthirsty psychopath. In Kersea's case, this choice was not exactly out-of-character for her. I try my best to never give out-of-character choices. It does not mean that she lied to Alysanne when she said that she considers her a friend, it only means that she chickened out when the time came to put her life in danger for her. However, this does not mean that she does not care for Alysanne. The main motivation of Kersea is to keep her sister safe. In fact, she loves her sister enough that she is willing to kill complete strangers for her sake, even if she has not a single bad bone in her body. This choice means that she was too scared to risk her own life for Alysanne, considering that Clayton and Butterfly have no more use for her sister if she dies, while she was also too scared to suggest that Clayton takes her place, mainly as a result of his recent and very serious threats. I wonder how you feel about her once this part is over.

AgentZ46 posted: »

I'm most likely ranting and exagerating so please don't take this personally. Not gonna lie, I'm really annoyed that [Stay out of it] won

Sign in to comment in this discussion.