Please finish the Bone games.

2»

Comments

• edited March 2009
    I just bought the first 2 games, I'm a fan of the comics and point a click adventures, so it makes sense...

So this is just to add my voice to what I fondly imagine to be a clamour for more Bone games. I haven't played them yet (except a demo) but I expect to enjoy them :)

Cheers

Tony
  • edited March 2009
    I just finished both games and I love them. I really wanna know how the story ends. Is there any way to get the books in Germany?
  • edited March 2009
    der_ketzer wrote: »
    I just finished both games and I love them. I really wanna know how the story ends. Is there any way to get the books in Germany?
    Voila!
  • edited March 2009
    Thank you very much.
  • edited July 2009
    Bone series was my first download on this site, so I figured that was how they made the games in the episodes format, but then I downloaded sam and max and then wallace and grommit and they both have endings. I am only new to this whole downloading of games thing, but it seems a little strange to not have a game ending. Dont get me wrong I would still get any new Bone game knowing that they would probably have no ending again, but I cant work out what benefit the no ending game has.
  • edited July 2009
    Basically Bone was discontinued for not being a successful enough business venture. (It didn't make enough money.) You can actually see how it ended though by reading the graphic novels.
  • edited August 2009
    ..b..but..
  • edited November 2009
    PariahKing wrote: »
    Basically Bone was discontinued for not being a successful enough business venture. (It didn't make enough money.) You can actually see how it ended though by reading the graphic novels.

I'm pretty new to the series, but I just finished the first game not too long ago. It was enjoyable and I've read the second is better. I'm interested to see TTG come back to Bone sometime soon. If they do, I imagine it wouldn't happen until after the movie comes out. (When is it projected to be released?) I also wonder why TTG ended the series prematurely. The Great Cow Race came out in 2006, and Warner Bros. didn't make Jeff Smith a serious offer until 2008, so why didn't TTG make a third game in between? You say it didn't make enough money, but I haven't been able to find anything to confirm this. I mean, even before Wallace and Gromit was finished TTG had sold over a million episodes. I have to believe Bone at least made a significant contribution to that number, despite the fact there were only two episodes. Apparently Jeff Smith thought TTG was handling the series well, so I can only speculate as to why TTG would be the ones to drop Bone completely.
  • edited November 2009
    Apparently Jeff Smith thought TTG was handling the series well, so I can only speculate as to why TTG would be the ones to drop Bone completely.

Maybe they decided to work on other commitments? I think they can only work on a limited number of things at the same time because if you look at the credits for every game they always have the same people, including the sound and music composers and some voice actors, as well as the developers.

Perhaps they started Sam & Max, found that more popular and gave it more resources? Then there's also CSI games that seem to come out from time to time... and so Bone goes on hold. And then when Sam & Max finished they decided to so Strong Bad instead of going back to Bone, and then after that more Sam & Max, and then Wallace and Gromit came along and Monkey Island, and CSI Deadly Intent... you can imagine less chance of Bone the longer it's out of commission.

Edit for adding more thoughts: it also seems to me to be aimed at a younger audience.
  • edited November 2009
    PariahKing wrote: »

It's because Warner bros, has the rights to it now.
  • edited November 2009
    Icedhope wrote: »
    It's because Warner bros, have the rights to it now.

That darn Yakko, Wakko and their sister Dot! :mad:
  • edited November 2009
    That darn Yakko, Wakko and their sister Dot! :mad:

I know right?
  • edited December 2009
    I just finished both games and I love them. I really wanna know how the story ends
  • edited December 2009
    Me too. That's why my this year's Christmas present will be the complete collection of Bone comic books.
  • edited December 2009
    You have only made the first two games, which I think is a huge mistake. Are you even trying to mkae this next one? Or ar you just stopping here? I'm angry.:mad:
  • It's really bad isn't it.

But the problem is WB got the rights. Hmm, I wonder why.
    My ideas:
    1) Telltale tell Jeff 'so sorry not selling' and push him backburner.
    2) Jeff gets annoyed as does all the fans, no episode 3 in the works.
    3) Jeff hands over rights to WB since Telltale don't care enough apparently
    4) WB must have gone through the usual 10 years of re-scripting without results.. so the game never gets made, the movie never gets made..

The best comic series ever made and we have to put up with all this crap..
    And 'cinematic' game style of walking dead, spoken about in the Bone FAQ? I freaking hate it. 'Choices' gameplay?? Hardly. I've played all your 'cinematic' games and not only do they bore me to death with inability to skip dialogue (your sorry excuse for extending 'gameplay' [if you could call it that!] time.. more like Visual Novel amiright??) and totally hogwash of 'choices matter' since I've played through each game with each fork tested.. and nothing happens. It's this or that, they die or the other one, etc. Which only equates to some difference in 'what happened previously' cutscenes at the start of new episodes.
    I have no idea why people like these stupid walking simulation games you provide these days. Half the time you can NOT click on the timed dialogue choices and the game still plays through. Eventually you'll get up to a 'death' moment where you didn't quicktime when the 'game' wanted you to. So you can basically leave the game playing itself until these points, stride up to the desktop and click a button or two and then walk away, leaving it to continue its self-play.

Nothing adventurous, exciting, reminiscent of original Sam & Max PNC styles or anything..

Bone, Strongbad, even Puzzle Agent were good classic puzzle PNC adventures.

Get back to them. As if you don't have the money to work on some older IP now after all this movie and TV tie-in crap you've done. Remind me, when was the last 'original' game you made..? The Wolf Amongst Us maybe?

Sambot6 posted: »

You have only made the first two games, which I think is a huge mistake. Are you even trying to mkae this next one? Or ar you just stopping here? I'm angry.:mad:

Sign in to comment in this discussion.