Details that people might forget, don't notice or just don't know about, GoT Edition

Comments

• edited November 2015

The Wall is in the intro of all Episodes, despite the fact that Gared is only at the Wall during The Lost Lords, The Sword in the Darkness and in the beginning of Sons of Winter.

Mereen is in the intro of Episode 6 even though it is not seen at all in the Episode.

• Lady Forrester also appears if you try to poison Ludd but decide to call it off. Which is what I did.

Yes, here is how if you're curious: * Bowen saves Asher if Gared saved him and Asher decided to poison Ludd. * A random soldier saves

• I kept telling them to crawl across the ice. I don't trust icy lakes at all after what happened to Luke.

• So can you actually "save" Lady Forrester?

Yes, here is how if you're curious: * Bowen saves Asher if Gared saved him and Asher decided to poison Ludd. * A random soldier saves

• I actually predicted (jokingly) that you'd have to cross an icy lake to reach the North Grove, but that it'd break whilst crossing. I can't believe it actually happened.

• No, she always dies. She is either stabbed by Harys or sacrifices her life by poisining herself so that Ludd will drink the poisoned wine aswell.

Michellemus posted: »

So can you actually "save" Lady Forrester?

• I thought of that too. I think they did that as a little nod because people say that Gared resembles Luke a lot.

I was like, nooo, we're gonna lose another Luke like this? Hahaha

• Anyone else notice Frostfinger's lost angry wildling twin?

enter image description here

I know they reuse models, but c'mon Telltale...this one was too obvious

• I honestly thought it was Frostfinger when I saw him.

FishySticks posted: »

Anyone else notice Frostfinger's lost angry wildling twin? I know they reuse models, but c'mon Telltale...this one was too obvious

• ikr right, I was wondering for a good part of the episode why the hell Gared didn't recognize Frostfinger.

Then I realized it was just a reused model.

I honestly thought it was Frostfinger when I saw him.

• Speaking of reused models, I saw a lot of the same faces from the Whitehills during the siege. I was like "Huh? But I killed that guy..."

No wonder the Whitehill's army are so huge, they have found the secret of cloning!

ikr right, I was wondering for a good part of the episode why the hell Gared didn't recognize Frostfinger. Then I realized it was just a reused model.

• But to be fair, I thought Telltale did a much better job with side-character models like that in this game. If you remember, in TWD there were like 5-10 walker models and a few special ones, that was it. In GoT there are 15-20 different Whitehills, 5-10 different Forrester soldiers (at least) and a surprising variation in town folk (probably also like 5-10 different models). The same goes for King's Landing, and partially for the pitfighters aswell. Even in Gared's storyline at the North Grove, there was a notable variety in character models (even if they look really similar)

Speaking of reused models, I saw a lot of the same faces from the Whitehills during the siege. I was like "Huh? But I killed that guy..." No wonder the Whitehill's army are so huge, they have found the secret of cloning!

• For some reason I found this hilarious. xD I kept thinking Frostfinger had lost his mind and left Castle Black or something.

Anyone else notice Frostfinger's lost angry wildling twin? I know they reuse models, but c'mon Telltale...this one was too obvious

• It is hilarious in a way. For fun's sake, I like to think that it is Frostfinger. Makes it more satisfying to think that Gared is now commanding him in a way. :)

SerMarve posted: »

For some reason I found this hilarious. xD I kept thinking Frostfinger had lost his mind and left Castle Black or something.

• There is a way for your sentinel to survive

• edited November 2015

You can even watch a bit a preparation of Sentinel's killing scene and guess about this w/o codex. If the traitor is alive, during the horse escape scene you can watch your Sentinel being surrounded by Whitehills in a circle, being immobilized (Duncan falls down and got quickly surrounded, Royland catches a sword and grabs it with his hand, unable to stop surrounding crowd moving to him).

• Killing the traitor secures your Sentinel for next Season.

• Who the hell puts horns on a helmet anyway I think TT wanted to appeal to a younger audience by making him look "Awesome".

Glad to know I wasn't the only one who thought Harys helmet looked 99% like the steel helmet from Skyrim.

• Polar Bears/Snow bears are really good swimmers.

Abeille posted: »

I literally screamed when I saw that. "NO PLEASE NO NOT AGAIN I CAN'T GO THROUGH THIS AGAIN"

• I was the same I was like OH S... HE'S BEEN FOLLOWING US THE WHOLE TIME !

I honestly thought it was Frostfinger when I saw him.

• Yeah but,

NicWarden posted: »

Polar Bears/Snow bears are really good swimmers.

• Yep, my thoughts went, "Oh god not this again! I am not losing another companion to a frozen lake!" Thank god that didn't happen.

Abeille posted: »

I literally screamed when I saw that. "NO PLEASE NO NOT AGAIN I CAN'T GO THROUGH THIS AGAIN"

• I wonder if that is a mistake, or more along the lines of an atheist saying "God damn it." In other words that he is saying it simply because that's what people say to express annoyance and surprise.

In Episode 1, Gared once curses 'Seven Hells!', despite believing in the Old Gods of the Forest. At all other times, he curses 'Bloody Hell!' instead.

• Plenty of people do that in GOT, it's meant to be intimidating. If I remember, all the Hill Tribes in the Vail had horned helmets. It has a very vikingesk feeling.

Who the hell puts horns on a helmet anyway I think TT wanted to appeal to a younger audience by making him look "Awesome".

• The question is, is that is canon or not now.

Nothox posted: »

He said that he worked for Olenna Tyrell in one of the cut voice lines.

• Yeah but that went with their tribal outfits Harys had Whitehill plating.

Plenty of people do that in GOT, it's meant to be intimidating. If I remember, all the Hill Tribes in the Vail had horned helmets. It has a very vikingesk feeling.

• Yes, you're probably right. I also say 'god damn it' or 'My god' from time to time despite being an atheist.

He says sevens hells twice more in Episode 6 btw (if you use Cotter)

I wonder if that is a mistake, or more along the lines of an atheist saying "God damn it." In other words that he is saying it simply because that's what people say to express annoyance and surprise.

• I was just saying that other people do that. Trying to remember if anyone else did so, probably the Ironborn. Well, the Whitehills are complete savages, so why not? It fits him.

Yeah but that went with their tribal outfits Harys had Whitehill plating.

• Probably as canon as the Maester being intended to have been the traitor. There were files named "Ortengryn_reveal" in ep5,

The question is, is that is canon or not now.

• Yeah that was the case for the guy who impersonated Ethan's death in the Great Hall.

Speaking of reused models, I saw a lot of the same faces from the Whitehills during the siege. I was like "Huh? But I killed that guy..." No wonder the Whitehill's army are so huge, they have found the secret of cloning!

• And staying well clear of Gwyn.

Macropod posted: »

Killing the traitor secures your Sentinel for next Season.

• edited November 2015

Apparently though your sentinel can survive and meet you at the end if you killed the traitor... Its possible he may even show up if you don't. I have no idea. Codex said Sentinel died when I called off poisoning Ludd, and I got Talia and Gywn saving me at the end as Asher. I can't remember if Royland was there or not.

Macropod posted: »

You can even watch a bit a preparation of Sentinel's killing scene and guess about this w/o codex. If the traitor is alive, during the horse

• edited November 2015

I have a Gwyn ending too, Sentinel died in the Codex and I saw that scene I mentioned before.

Btw if traitor is killed, you will not spot this scene. You will drive away from Ironrath and no special camera attention to Sentinel will take place in this way.

AGentlman posted: »

Apparently though your sentinel can survive and meet you at the end if you killed the traitor... Its possible he may even show up if you don

• The soldier that makes fun of Ethan in Episode 3, the one that you can strike, gets his throat slit in Episode 6:

Reference pic:

'Seemed only fair...that he should feel what it's like...'

(Not sure if it's just a reused model, but I'd like to think it isn't)

• Good, I'm not the only one. Seriously, did they change anything in his appearance, he is way too similar to Frostfinger.

• I have killed so many of the reused models that it is starting to feel slightly awkward.

The soldier that makes fun of Ethan in Episode 3, the one that you can strike, gets his throat slit in Episode 6: Reference pic:

• I also saw the other bastards in the episode. The one who refused to let Rodrik walk to the meeting, I am pretty sure he got impaled during the final battle.

The soldier that makes fun of Ethan in Episode 3, the one that you can strike, gets his throat slit in Episode 6: Reference pic:

• I don't remember killing that many doubles honestly.

The one guy that kept reappearing during the brother's final stand was pretty funny, he is also the first one Asher kills at Ironrath. But other than that, I only remember seeing one or two doubles of some of the Whitehill garrison members.

I have killed so many of the reused models that it is starting to feel slightly awkward.

• I guess so, I preferred him without.

I was just saying that other people do that. Trying to remember if anyone else did so, probably the Ironborn. Well, the Whitehills are complete savages, so why not? It fits him.

• Yes, I think most if not all of them fell in the final battle, which weirdly enough was really satisfying. Telltale managed that I would actually recognize them while fighting them, which I really liked.

I also saw the other bastards in the episode. The one who refused to let Rodrik walk to the meeting, I am pretty sure he got impaled during the final battle.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.