Rhys X Fiona Confirmed Season Finale "The Vault of The Traveler" Spoilers!!

Comments

• LOL I've read my writing, it needs quite a bit of work. I see what you mean though,

Well I don't know about anyone else, but I enjoy your writing.

There is a lot of good people on here and very supportive.

What do you mean, you're not a writer?! Hush, you. What about those fanfics that you're enjoying working on, huh...? ;P But yes, it is re

• I never said discussion needs to be only Rhyiona, you guys can talk about other things, but when a majority of posts are literally just "hi" "bye" "good night" "what did i miss" then there's an issue.

Morphias posted: »

I'm with Maw on this one. For me i think that just talking about Rhyiona would be to small of a discussion and you'd just see more of what you don't green more pointless post......just saying.

• Every artist thinks their work is desperate for improvement.

And I'm really, really happy to hear that. I write because it's fun, sure, and it's a way for me to express the feelings that I can't quite get out any other way, but knowing that other people are enjoying my hard work and effort makes it all that much sweeter.

We have ups and downs, but in general, I think this is one of the most inclusive, accepting, supportive internet groups I've ever found. It's a rare and beautiful thing.

Kennybadger posted: »

LOL I've read my writing, it needs quite a bit of work. I see what you mean though, Well I don't know about anyone else, but I enjoy your writing. There is a lot of good people on here and very supportive.

• I'm not disagreeing with you on Jack not being relatable. My view on him is the classic " the path to hell is paved with good intentions". In his own mind everything he is doing is for some greater good that can't be defined, when all it is, is selfishness and a hunger for power

But he's likeable because he's relatable. I worry about the people who actually like Jack for what he is. I legitimately worry about their m

• Your loss, I spread the love!٩(^‿^)۶

enter image description here

Poogers555 posted: »

Avoiding all the Rhysha moments to score Rhyiona like

• I have a different approach. I honestly don't hate Jack (hate is a strong word), even though he has done countless things that are unforgivable. He is far from a saint and he deserves his fate. However, I believe that his demise and mental downfall isn't his fault at all. Sure, he did some jerky things in the pre-squeal. But absolutely no one is an angel. I truly cannot bring myself to not feel bad for him when everyone he knows betrays him, I know how I would feel if I was left branded on my face, and no one around left on my side. Don't get me wrong Borderlands 2 Jack is horrible, but for me, I can't help but keep recalling what he used to be. Just as Athena said, Jack, a hero, died. But a villain was born in his place.

But he's likeable because he's relatable. I worry about the people who actually like Jack for what he is. I legitimately worry about their m

• Yes. I agree with most of this.

But I do think that some of his current(ish? former?) mental state was his own doing. He could have chosen to do things differently. Yes, his life sucked. Honestly. But that alone didn't make him into what he was. His reactions to those events shaped him into "himself" as well.

I have a different approach. I honestly don't hate Jack (hate is a strong word), even though he has done countless things that are unforgiva

• Touché, you win again

That I can understand, sometimes the words are there but not the voice. Any craft you labor at that someone enjoys will always be sweeter such like baking a cake that everyone loves.

that it is Peanut that it is.

Every artist thinks their work is desperate for improvement. And I'm really, really happy to hear that. I write because it's fun, sure, a

• edited December 2015

You're right. His mindset has warped his view of right and wrong. Take Angel, for example. I don't know if you've played through BL2, but when (spoilers) you're breaking into the Bunker, the password you have to speak is "I love you." And even with explosions and gunshots and battle music alongside, this one moment always breaks my heart a little. Because Jack truly does love Angel. He thinks he's protecting her, while at the same time, he's protecting everyone from her; evidence of how the incident with her mother affected him. And in reality, he's doing nothing but killing her slowly. It's tragic.

I'm not disagreeing with you on Jack not being relatable. My view on him is the classic " the path to hell is paved with good intentions". I

• I'm relieved, actually. I really like it here. You have a wonderful place here, but the friendliness may result in some off-topic.

Green613 posted: »

I never said discussion needs to be only Rhyiona, you guys can talk about other things, but when a majority of posts are literally just "hi" "bye" "good night" "what did i miss" then there's an issue.

• Score.

I've never been very good at saying what I mean. Not to say I'm not generally an articulate person, but what comes out is never what I really, truly wanted to communicate. Something always jumbles on the way from my brain to my mouth, but if you give me a pen and paper or a keyboard, then all my thoughts usually end up coming out word-for-word.

Case in point, right here. I feel like there are a handful of people on this thread who, if I were to meet them face-to-face, I would have no trouble just starting up a conversation. Most of the night crew (lol) is like this. You, Mawula, unseenteen, Morphias, Kristi. I feel really comfortable talking with you guys. Not to say that the rest of you aren't cool, all you other people potentially reading this...

Touché, you win again That I can understand, sometimes the words are there but not the voice. Any craft you labor at that someone enjoys will always be sweeter such like baking a cake that everyone loves. that it is Peanut that it is.

• I'm glad you brought that up that is what I have always though as the catalyst to him becoming the monster that is Handsome Jack. I played BL2 a many of times on my PS3 and that scene is heartbreaking.

You're right. His mindset has warped his view of right and wrong. Take Angel, for example. I don't know if you've played through BL2, but wh

• It doesn't matter how pumped up I am from all the carnage and blowing things up, that single line of "The password is...I love you." just makes me stop playing and sit back for a while. Because up to that point, Jack has been a monster. He hasn't shown any sort of softness and hearing Angel say that so quietly is such a contrast to everything you've experienced in the game up until then. And it's even worse because of the way she says it...she knows what Jack's views are. She knows that this is his definition of love. She knows that you're about to help her kill herself to escape the whole nightmare of a life she's living.

....ahh, the Rhyiona thread. Come for the Rhyiona, stay for the detailed character analysis essays on Handsome Jack... It's so wonderful here.

I'm glad you brought that up that is what I have always though as the catalyst to him becoming the monster that is Handsome Jack. I played BL2 a many of times on my PS3 and that scene is heartbreaking.

• What a discussion... hats off.

No, wait, he likes hats :D

Really, I do not like Jack, but I love him. If you know what I mean.

Yes. I agree with most of this. But I do think that some of his current(ish? former?) mental state was his own doing. He could have chose

• ;__;

Morphias posted: »

Oh we are bringing back this CORRECTION OH SO NICE TO CORRECT AN AMERICAN! Yea cya then. XD

• edited December 2015

Ayy, I see what you did there..... Cool moves, Mawula...cool moves...

Love/hate relationships with Jack are very common. And understandable.

Mawula posted: »

What a discussion... hats off. No, wait, he likes hats Really, I do not like Jack, but I love him. If you know what I mean.

• He is inspiring as hell.

Ayy, I see what you did there..... Cool moves, Mawula...cool moves... Love/hate relationships with Jack are very common. And understandable.

• Peanut - 2 .Kennybadger- 1

I have a similar problem I tend too speak to fast and mispronounce words. My buddies have dub it Badger talk. I do better when I have the time to process everything think over every detail and make a nice constructed response.

To be fair with me, I'm super out going, like I enjoy talking to random people at Wal-Mart kind of guy. I've enjoy everyone I spoken to on here. though I may not spoken to all those you named . I've enjoyed their post a many of times.

Score. I've never been very good at saying what I mean. Not to say I'm not generally an articulate person, but what comes out is never wh

• Agreed. This whole thread is inspiring. I don't think I've written so much or had so many ideas at one time in years. We're talking way back in eighth grade. The amount of material and conversation this place provides is astounding.

He is inspiring as hell.

• Doesn't that say more then enough to show us what a true monster he is.

That's the dream Peanut ;)

It doesn't matter how pumped up I am from all the carnage and blowing things up, that single line of "The password is...I love you." just ma

• A villain you love to hate, similar to the Joker??

What a discussion... hats off. No, wait, he likes hats Really, I do not like Jack, but I love him. If you know what I mean.

• Heh heh.

Ha, same. And then if I mess up what I'm saying I'll just make a random "bleh" noise and lose my train of thought for a second. Badger talk!!!! That's adorable!

I'm actually the opposite. It's kind of funny, people who don't know me really well think I'm kind of mean or that I don't like them at first, when in reality, it's just that I'm not comfortable talking to them yet. But once you get to know me, I...well, I mean, you've "known" me for a while. What you see here is pretty much my true personality. I'm a lot more open online than I am in person, usually.

Peanut - 2 .Kennybadger- 1 I have a similar problem I tend too speak to fast and mispronounce words. My buddies have dub it Badger talk.

• It shows us that his mind stopped working correctly a long time ago....

You guys are the best. It's worth staying up until "I'm-going-to-regret-this"-o'clock in the morning just to have these kind of discussions.

Doesn't that say more then enough to show us what a true monster he is. That's the dream Peanut

• O_O It's not adorable its rugged and manly....kind of. I could totally see you doing that then growling.

I known more then a few people like that my relentless friendliness doesn't seem to grasp it at the time though. its a bit easier to be open in this type of setting for one nice civil people in this group.

Heh heh. Ha, same. And then if I mess up what I'm saying I'll just make a random "bleh" noise and lose my train of thought for a second.

• edited December 2015

20 minutes into eating fruit and chill and he gives you this look

enter image description here

• I agree with that, but it still make him no less a monster.

I thought you were at work.....I enjoyed them too ^_^

It shows us that his mind stopped working correctly a long time ago.... You guys are the best. It's worth staying up until "I'm-going-to-regret-this"-o'clock in the morning just to have these kind of discussions.

• I think "Goodnight" is alright, I guess I get the others though I think those are just used as conversation starters other than "bye" obviously. I know Goodnight is a fairly common post but I can't blame them since we all live in different time zones.

I never said discussion needs to be only Rhyiona, you guys can talk about other things, but when a majority of posts are literally just "hi" "bye" "good night" "what did i miss" then there's an issue.

• Mmmmm...nope, definitely adorable.

I don't actually growl that much...but I am a master of the "suspicious and distrustful squint." And I really only make faces at and bicker with the people I'm super comfortable with. I have a weird sense of humor and not everyone gets sarcasm, so I tend to come across as kind of boring to people who have just met me.

Of all the problems to have, relentless friendliness seems pretty great.

I think anonymity has a lot to do with it, too. No one knows what you look like and no one's holding you to any kind of standard of behavior.

O_O It's not adorable its rugged and manly....kind of. I could totally see you doing that then growling. I known more then a few people

• I agree, I was just kind of adding to it, I guess? I'm starting to get tired, lol.

I was. I've been off for about four hours now. I work evening shifts, typically from 3 - 9:30.

I agree with that, but it still make him no less a monster. I thought you were at work.....I enjoyed them too ^_^

• Then you know its time to run.

20 minutes into eating fruit and chill and he gives you this look

• That's what I meant in my reply to Green's post about the offtopic.

This place is unique.

Agreed. This whole thread is inspiring. I don't think I've written so much or had so many ideas at one time in years. We're talking way back in eighth grade. The amount of material and conversation this place provides is astounding.

• Gotcha, I got coffee Peanut ^_^

Ok, should figured that out by myself. Better then me I work 6:30 pm to 6:30 am shudders

I agree, I was just kind of adding to it, I guess? I'm starting to get tired, lol. I was. I've been off for about four hours now. I work evening shifts, typically from 3 - 9:30.

• I only vaguely know who Joker is, so...idk.

A villain you love to hate, similar to the Joker??

• .....into his embrace.

Then you know its time to run.

• enter image description here

<3

.....into his embrace.

• we'll agree to disagree

Ahh yes the Clint Eastwood squint, and who doesn't get sarcasm.....????

No I quite enjoy being a overly happy person, ^_^

Yeah, that is also a factor though I personally hold myself to a standard of behavior I could see why some people would embrace it.

Mmmmm...nope, definitely adorable. I don't actually growl that much...but I am a master of the "suspicious and distrustful squint." And I

• edited December 2015

It's ok, I'll think of another example.

OOO Alex Delarge frome A Clockwork Orange, also Hannibal Lector

I only vaguely know who Joker is, so...idk.

• I can somewhat see your angle on that. That could just be from lack of post that day.

• Yea Rhys took a more sane route and Jack just lost it.

My view of Rhys is this. If you disregard the fact that he will always be an awkward nerd, then he's basically what Jack could have become i

• pats on shoulder There,there.

Wolfenus54 posted: »

;__;

Sign in to comment in this discussion.