The Whatever's on Your Mind Megathread

Comments

• I would have liked if that hadn't just glossed over that New Republic shit. It immediately boiled down to Rebels (now the Resistance, so original) vs the Empire (now the First Order). It felt like they tried to just rehash the story of the original trilogy while completely glossing over the fact that the Empire was supposedly left in utter ruin by the end of Return of the Jedi.

Saltlick123 posted: »

idk why but it felt like a fanfic to me and I'm having trouble taking it as canon LOL I was a little disappointed but then again, I wasn'

• I know this is way random and a weird place to ask this considering the usual age demographic of the forums, but anyways has anyone here ever tried Redd's Apple ale? Is it any good? I'm thinking about giving my mom some money to pick some up for new years eve party.

• Yeah, it's pretty good.

I know this is way random and a weird place to ask this considering the usual age demographic of the forums, but anyways has anyone here eve

• BigBlindMaxBigBlindMax Banned
    edited December 2015

Well, Bernie didn't get savaged as bad as I thought he might. Supporting Hillary over the email scandal seems to have paid off.

Hillary's pledge to not raise taxes in the middle class is a good sound bite, but it definitely cements her place as the centrist Wall Street candidate. We've already had one of those, Obama. I'm pretty baffled why the American left thinks 4-8 years of the same will be any better.

FeelTheBern

• Saw Star Wars today, and it was amazing. I loved it and it was better than I was expecting.

• So, the final episode of one punch man is out today. AND IT IS FUCKING AMAZING!

Who else watched it? Thoughts?

• WHY COULDNT WE HAVE GOTTEN THIS! THIS LOOKS LIKE A FUCKING MASTERPIECE GOD DAMMIT

joshua007 posted: »

enter link description here Better than Battlefront EA

• Season Finale of Into The Badlands is tonight.

Funny that I'm really into it now but back right before it started I was thinking "Stop advertising this AMC, I just wanna watch my Walking Dead..." then when I decided to watch the 1st episode of it for the hell of it I started liking it.

• It's a pretty good cooler, yeah. It's not sugary like, say, a Hard Lemonade, but probably closer to a Smirnoff.

I know this is way random and a weird place to ask this considering the usual age demographic of the forums, but anyways has anyone here eve

• This has been on my mind for a while. I have difficulty accepting things as they are. Spongebob and Fairly Odd Parents still going on, while other programs I deem more worthy ending or being cancelled. I know, I know, a show losses it's flavor after a length of time. For others that were cancelled for budgetary reasons plus low ratings, some I felt have had a lot left in them and never got a chance to show it.

But the main one is, of course, Monsters VS Aliens. I shed no tears when the tv series was cancelled but I couldn't help feel it could've been better. Plus, the MvA movie was the one film that sparked a desire in me. It's been six years now, and I'm still hoping against hope. Plus, I want to try and change it's fate with that fool hardy sequel I'm trying to contemplate. I feel like I'm just kidding myself. Dreamworks' Dragons series (which I developed a jealousy towards) and some more well known.

Am I stubborn or something?

• I know this a bit random, but I'm just going to point this out since most people aren't aware of this (and I don't blame them as it's pretty obscure):

If you press space twice before hitting enter to make a new line,
    you can make your text appear directly in the line beneath it instead of pressing enter twice to make a new paragraph.
    It will make your posts look just like they did when you typed them in.
    However, if you don't press space twice before making a new line, all of your text will appear in one paragraph instead of looking like this.

• This changes everything.

I know this a bit random, but I'm just going to point this out since most people aren't aware of this (and I don't blame them as it's pretty

• Holy shit
    He's right

I know this a bit random, but I'm just going to point this out since most people aren't aware of this (and I don't blame them as it's pretty

• I know, it's earth shattering!

...jokes aside, I just though it would help people since I see a lot of giant walls of text, but when I go look at what they typed in, they actually organized it but just didn't press space twice. Most forums don't require people to do that, but it's a pretty weird quirk on this forum that people miss out on (and again I don't blame them) so I thought I would tell people that this even exists.

This changes everything.

• I wasn't kidding, I can't explain how much I dislike having to double enter for a line break. I guess disliked now.

I know, it's earth shattering! ...jokes aside, I just though it would help people since I see a lot of giant walls of text, but when I go

• this
    is
    pretty
    neat

• Yeah, I got really confused about that when I first joined the forum. I was like, "WTF, I made paragraphs!"

I know, it's earth shattering! ...jokes aside, I just though it would help people since I see a lot of giant walls of text, but when I go

• THIS
    IS
    GREAT

• Knowledge
    is
    power!

:P

BigBlindMax posted: »

THIS IS GREAT

• Wow! Thanks, Blind. This makes sentences look much cleaner when doing count downs or whatever.

• ComingSoonComingSoon Banned
    edited December 2015

Sike

• You..
    ..are
    a..
    ..legend
    ,sir.

• THAT'S THE WROOOOOOOOONG NUMBAAA

enter link description here

ComingSoon posted: »

Sike

• JenniferJennifer Moderator
    edited December 2015

My sister and I have decided to start a video game and animation business together. :)

We're planning to release small adventure games once a month. It'll be using the title of my blog, "The Adventuress", as the name of the business, assuming no one else in my area took it as a business name. Which means that I'll have to redesign The Adventuress website to serve primarily as a site for my games, and move the blog to a dedicated section of the page (since I enjoy reviewing adventure games, so I'll likely keep it going, although I might switch to just reviews and editorials and stop the adventure game news, which shouldn't be problem, as I've never been good at keeping up to date with the news).

I haven't yet registered the business with the City Clerk (I already have several DBAs registered with them, but I want to start a new one as this is the first venture that I've done where I wasn't alone in it, so I want to start with a clean slate).

The first product we're working on is the Mr. Mac's Rainbow Greenhouse concept (which will now be titled Adventuresome, in both the game and the cartoon, but Mr. Mac's Rainbow Greenhouse will be part of both).

It is a project that I had created to honor my dad who died fifteen years ago (he was a teacher whose students called Mr. Mac, and he left his greenhouse to the school in his will, which his kids called Mr. Mac's Rainbow Greenhouse). I had to cancel the Mr. Mac's Rainbow Greenhouse Kickstarter after my sister's boyfriend (and father of my nephew, and a childhood friend of mine as well) died in a car crash in March.

So, it's really awesome to me to be able to work on this with my sister (who is coping with things really well, she has her son which helps a lot). I'll be working on the animation part of the project as part of the January Animation Month challenge I started, where the goal is to make 31 animations in January. It certainly fits that bill quite well, although it will be the most challenging animation I've ever attempted for the challenge, since I usually just do animated gifs. With my sister's support though it should be more fun than tedious.

The game is planned to come out next month, but the cartoon will likely not. The game is inspired by the Humongous Entertainment junior adventures, which are for children, but can be fun for adults too in the games which are targeted towards older children. So there will be humourous animations when you click on background objects. But it's also inspired by the comedic LucasArts adventure games (so the story and the humor will be enjoyable for all ages). It's actually a remake and expansion of the first adventure game I released back in 1997 which was inspired by Sam & Max: Hit the Road. That game was called The Adventures of Gus & Rob, a bear and a bunny, respectively, which will be the first chapter of Adventuresome. I have since created two more characters, a cat named Kate and a Dog named Dana. The second chapter will be called The Adventures of Kate and Dana. My art style has changed a lot since I released Gus & Rob, as I was only 17 at the time. I'm not redesigning the art of the first chapter though. I have an idea for a humourous way to deal with the huge differences in the design of the characters.

I just talked to my sister yesterday, so this is all brand new to me. I just had to share though. And I know there were a few people here who wanted to know when the project from my Kickstarter started up again. I want to be super open with my projects, as that's one of the things I love about Double Fine (and miss about Telltale). I really like Thimbleweed Park's blog and how much they talk about every aspect of the design of the game, so I'll likely be doing something similar to that. I'll likely use my jennifermcmurray.com blog for that, as it gets very little use.

I'll be working throughout January on the game and the cartoon, so the project will start full swing then. I'm just super excited about the prospect, and had to share early. :)

• Inb4 this becomes a GOTY.

JK,but everyone has got to start somewhere,I'm sure you'll do fine ;)

Jennifer posted: »

My sister and I have decided to start a video game and animation business together. We're planning to release small adventure games once

• I found about this quite awhile ago, like a few months ago.

share the knowledge1111!!

• I'm excited!!

My sister and I have decided to start a video game and animation business together. We're planning to release small adventure games once

• Sounds great! Best of luck.

• Damn...
    He's right...

• Thank
    you

• Alex Jordan (the voice actor for Asher Forrester) had a Battlefront live stream on Twitch recently and it was quite enjoyable, but it wasn't Battlefront online I don't think.

• That's great Jennifer. I remember reading your post regarding this project in the Kickstarter thread a while ago, I wish I could've helped you at the time, but it's good to know that you'll manage to release it. Wish you luck!

• I want it I want it I'm excited! I gladly support you

• I'm still on episode 6...

Gary-Oak posted: »

So, the final episode of one punch man is out today. AND IT IS FUCKING AMAZING! Who else watched it? Thoughts?

• Test
    Bruh

• How does it make you feel that you probably won't get to see a free roam star wars RPG in our lifetime?

• enter link description here

This video makes me glad I don't go outside much.

• extracting models from psp games, but instead of using the textures from the game, im using the textures from the console ports.

• That works?

extracting models from psp games, but instead of using the textures from the game, im using the textures from the console ports.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.