The Whatever's on Your Mind Megathread

Comments

• edited December 2015

Steam is DOWN, everybody! Steam is DOWN.

enter image description here

• U FOKIN WOT M8?

• Fuck....

It was down for me earlier today, then it was back up, and when I just checked it again.... ITS DOWN

• Blind SniperBlind Sniper Moderator
    edited December 2015

There was a glitch caused by high traffic where users could load pages with personal data from other users. It's better that it would be down for the time being.

Saltlick123 posted: »

Fuck.... It was down for me earlier today, then it was back up, and when I just checked it again.... ITS DOWN

• It's back

There was a glitch caused by high traffic where users could load pages with personal data from other users. It's better that it would be down for the time being.

• edited December 2015

VALVE FIX THE FUCKING STEAM ERROR! THIS PISSES ME OFF SO MUCH.

Edit: Finally!

• Really, because I'm still having problems purchasing stuff.

It's back

• Oh, well I wasn't purchasing stuff today.

Really, because I'm still having problems purchasing stuff.

• Happening to me too, heard they were having troubles, oh well the thing I want to buy will be on sale until the 4th of January, so it's fine.

Really, because I'm still having problems purchasing stuff.

• Thank you :)

And unto ye also!

• Thank you Mark bro :)

Markd4547 posted: »

Merry Christmas Lord have a great day

• Thanks Saltbro :)

Merry Christmas

• edited December 2015

Thanks. To you as well :)

Merri Xmus every1!

• Oh my God, Rocket League is so much fun, and it's addicting.

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator

I read about this happening on the Steam subreddit yesterday, it was apparently caused by a caching issue after a configuration change rather than high traffic.

This issue let users see other people cached store pages and also personal account info such as email address, last 4 digits of a stored phone number and/or credit card number, your address if you saves it, your steam guard status, your wallet funds and all other personal information that was stored on your account page.

It seems like a really big fuck up from Valve and hopefully there won't be too many issues from this breach of security, Valve did issue a statement about it which i will post below.

"Steam is back up and running without any known issues," a Valve spokesperson told GameSpot. "As a result of a configuration change earlier today, a caching issue allowed some users to randomly see pages generated for other users for a period of less than an hour. This issue has since been resolved. We believe no unauthorized actions were allowed on accounts beyond the viewing of cached page information and no additional action is required by users."

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/steam-issue-allowing-access-to-other-users-account/1100-6433371/

• edited December 2015

Who wants the extra bonus story for Until Dawn? I got the code along the game today (They were apparently selling the pre-order versions) and I am not really interested with that extra chapter.

text

• JenniferJennifer Moderator
    edited December 2015

@ZapThroat wrote:
    Inb4 this becomes a GOTY. JK,but everyone has got to start somewhere,I'm sure you'll do fine ;)

@Megami_Kizukanai wrote:
    I'm excited!

@BigBlindMax wrote:
    Sounds great! Best of luck.

@TheCatWolf wrote:
    That's great Jennifer. I remember reading your post regarding this project in the Kickstarter thread a while ago, I wish I could've helped you at the time, but it's good to know you'll manage to release it. Wish you luck!

@joshua007 wrote:
    I want it I want it I'm excited! I gladly support you

@Duck_Hunt wrote:
    Awesome!

Thanks everybody. Sorry for the late reply, but I've been super busy for the Christmas season (it's my nephew's first Christmas without his dad, so we wanted it to be super special).

I'm really looking forward to it too. :) I'm glad that I can make the Kickstarter project a reality. And it's awesome that my sister is involved in the new company to do so. Since I posted this, I've talked to my mom, and she is also going to be a part of this too. Since our first project is to honor my father who passed away 15 years ago, having them involved in this is really special to me.

Now that Christmas is over, I'm going to start work on the website and some neat stuff to go on it when it goes live on January 1st. I'm planning on having a blog on the website itself, along with the development blog (I was really impressed with the blogs on Double Fine and Telltale when they first started, so I'm going to be trying to have some humourous content up there like Tim Schafer and Brendan Q. Ferguson in the early days of Double Fine and Telltale respectively, and some blog art like Graham Annable used to post on Telltale (I'm a big fan of his art, as Graham Annable and Tasha Sounart are the two major inspirations for my webcomic). There will also likely be references to my experiences as a moderator in some of the projects.

My time as a volunteer moderator on the Telltale and Double Fine forums have been a lot of fun and inspirational to me, because I'm a super fan of both companies, as well as the company that the founders worked for before they started their own companies, LucasArts (the name of the company, The Adventuress, comes from my adventure blog, which started out as a LucasArts fansite, then a Telltale fansite, then a site focusing on Double Fine, Telltale, and Autumn Moon (The company started by the awesome artist who shaped Monkey Island's current art style with Curse of Monkey Island, Bill Tiller), before it began focusing on all adventure games). But my time as a volunteer moderator is also inspirational to me because I've really enjoyed meeting and talking with the fanbase of both companies on the forums. You all are super awesome. :D

I plan on finishing the current arc of my web comic this year (or early next year), as I plan on collecting the first 50 comics in a print paperback (which I'm working on cleaning up for the larger print, and to include an exclusive comic based on my Doug the Ogre adventure game), which I also intend to sell digitally on comixology and in a DRM-free version (in PDF and CBZ format - and if you guys want any other format let me know, and I'll make it available for that as well). You guys have all been super awesome in your outpouring of support, so I decided to give away the DRM-free version for a month to everyone that wants one. :) I was hoping to have it up as a Christmas present, but I wasn't able to do so. I'm now aiming for April for it to be done (although that's purposefully long, to ensure that I have enough time, so it might be ready sooner). I'll post about it when it's ready, so you all can pick yourselves up a free copy if you want. :)

• enter image description here

Please :O

Who wants the extra bonus story for Until Dawn? I got the code along the game today (They were apparently selling the pre-order versions) and I am not really interested with that extra chapter.

• Give it to him please

• can i please please have a code for until dawn,i pre-ordered mine but didnt recieve code,please :)?

• but i want it too :)
    i didnt recieve mine and i pre order it :(

joshua007 posted: »

Give it to him please

• Hook me up

• I'm afriad to say that @LeeTheProfessional has claimed the code already :(

• You pre-ordered your copy right?

It has come to my attention that the code only works for pre-ordered copies of Until Dawn.

Check your PM in a few seconds.

can i please please have a code for until dawn,i pre-ordered mine but didnt recieve code,please ?

• Yeah, I was aware of the caching issue - I brought up high traffic as I had heard the high traffic was what caused the caching system to glitch out and load a page that another user had viewed.

OzzyUK posted: »

I read about this happening on the Steam subreddit yesterday, it was apparently caused by a caching issue after a configuration change rathe

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator

From the comments i read some people did think it could be related to high traffic or a DDOS due to the threats from groups like lizard squad but high traffic isn't uncommon when Steam sales start due to the amount of people trying to access the store at the same time and this bug never happened in the past, it seems strange how this bug slipped through the cracks but hopefully it won't happen again.

Yeah, I was aware of the caching issue - I brought up high traffic as I had heard the high traffic was what caused the caching system to glitch out and load a page that another user had viewed.

• Really cool IMO to see how far Fox can actually be pushed in Melee if he's played with completely perfect execution. Of course this will probably never be accomplished by a human, but it will be cool to see how close people can eventually get to something like this ^-^

enter link description here

• Are you planning on ending your moderator duties here? With the way you worded that, I'm not sure....

If so, thanks for your service! Either way, it's been great having someone with your depth of adventure game experience helping folks out here!

Jennifer posted: »

@ZapThroat wrote: Inb4 this becomes a GOTY. JK,but everyone has got to start somewhere,I'm sure you'll do fine @Megami_Kizukanai

• I don't think she is leaving as a Mod - I think she just meant it is cool to be able to participate in some capacity towards helping and being recognized by two companies she likes - Telltale and Double Fine, and that it is part of the inspiration in her wanting to do something similar to them. I also felt that it was pretty cool to be recognized by someone from Telltale and be offered a position as a volunteer mod two years ago (wow, time flies by!), so I understand where she is coming from.

WarpSpeed posted: »

Are you planning on ending your moderator duties here? With the way you worded that, I'm not sure.... If so, thanks for your service! Either way, it's been great having someone with your depth of adventure game experience helping folks out here!

• Yeah, Blind Sniper hit the nail on the head. :) It was a real honor to be able to be asked to be a mod for these two companies, who I admire so much, and I'm really ecstatic to be able to start a company where I can make similar games to the ones that I love. The awesome people on the forums have kept me wanting to keep volunteering my free time at the forums of both companies, so I felt that I needed to give you all a shout out as well. :)

I'll remain a volunteer moderator at both companies. I love Telltale and Double Fine, and interacting with the fans on the forums, too much to give that up. :)

WarpSpeed posted: »

Are you planning on ending your moderator duties here? With the way you worded that, I'm not sure.... If so, thanks for your service! Either way, it's been great having someone with your depth of adventure game experience helping folks out here!

• I think I found my new favorite movie quote.

I'm a Catholic whore, currently enjoying Congress out of wedlock with my black, Jewish boyfriend who works in a military abortion clinic. So hail Satan, and have a lovely afternoon madam.

Harry Hart/Galahad, Kingsman: The Secret Service.

• That is pretty funny.

I think I found my new favorite movie quote. I'm a Catholic whore, currently enjoying Congress out of wedlock with my black, Jewish bo

• I was really surprised how good that movie is.

I think I found my new favorite movie quote. I'm a Catholic whore, currently enjoying Congress out of wedlock with my black, Jewish bo

• I was as well. Samuel L. Jackson's lisp got pretty annoying, but the rest of the movie was really good, and the whole scene in the church, with Freebird playing in the background, was amazing.

I was really surprised how good that movie is.

• The lisp didn't bother me. The product placement did a bit though.

I was as well. Samuel L. Jackson's lisp got pretty annoying, but the rest of the movie was really good, and the whole scene in the church, with Freebird playing in the background, was amazing.

• edited December 2015

ive got a meeting next thursday to see about the christmas temp job becoming permanent im quite worried about it because there is a girl who has also got the meeting and if she gets the permanent job i am going to go crazy because i have never been in trouble she has been in trouble 4 times and called to the managers office once and she hates my love of japanese games anime and knowing japanese language and thinks its wierd that i listen to music like hatsune miku and haruna luna NOT EVERYONE LIKES JUSTIN BIEBER (personlly i dont like his music no offence to any fans on the forums she thinks everyone should love it)and she just thinks im wierd so if she gets the job im not going to be happy sorry for the long text its been in my mind all week and all of you on the forum are great so thank you for reading even some of this i just needed off my mind

• Kewl, hope you have time for everything! :)

Jennifer posted: »

Yeah, Blind Sniper hit the nail on the head. It was a real honor to be able to be asked to be a mod for these two companies, who I admire

• Usually what happens in these cases is they hire you both and make her your supervisor.

Just kidding, I hope! Good luck!

ive got a meeting next thursday to see about the christmas temp job becoming permanent im quite worried about it because there is a girl who

Sign in to comment in this discussion.