Details that people might forget, don't notice or just don't know about The Walking Dead

Comments

• Jane saying “away from here, together” also reinforces that.

RichWalk23 posted: »

There does seem to be some implication left behind about Troy molesting Jane, as Jane still made the effort to shoot Troy in his you-know-wh

• I know it's a really old post but here: Clem got shot by a .22 caliber rifle, that's a really small caliber, smaller than the 9mm one, used by the glock that shot omid, hell I don't even know how it went straight through, it doesn't have that kind of power, it's a small round used for pest control, recreational shooting or small game hunting (rabbits mostly)

• Bonnie never actually states on-screen that Howe's Hardware has baby formula; you might think she did because she said “we've got that baby formula” when the group is deciding when to leave the observation deck.

• Carver does seem to deem Rebecca's baby as his property, so it's not out of the question that he would have plenty of baby formula stocked up.

And I'm pretty sure that there's an in-game map of the community that mentions a nursery as well, so it's likely that there were some children and babies in the building at some point, just not on-screen.

Bonnie never actually states on-screen that Howe's Hardware has baby formula; you might think she did because she said “we've got that baby formula” when the group is deciding when to leave the observation deck.

• Yeah I remember reading somewhere that Troy's VA hated him for his original behavior in In Harm's Way.''

Yes. Troy's voice actor, Owen Thomas, made some comments on Troy in the comments section of a youtube video he himself uploaded; you can see his words here. Troy's VA here is "Owenactor":

Alt text

In a response to a comment saying, "I wanted to kill you [Troy] after you hit Clem :(" his reply was, "Oh he deserved it..." In addition, he says, "There were some scenes they didn't use that made him WAY worse."

NOHATCLEM posted: »

Yeah I remember reading somewhere that Troy's VA hated him for his original behavior in In Harm's Way.

• A lot of people are Frankenstein

So Frankenstein's monster?

• Yeah, I had assumed that Carver did in fact have formula, it was just not mentioned on-screen, but whatever.

As for the map, you're probably talking about this blueprints:
    enter image description here

Carver does seem to deem Rebecca's baby as his property, so it's not out of the question that he would have plenty of baby formula stocked u

• Yeah, there was a lot of 'tell, don't show' when it come to AJ and baby formula. All we had was one baby bottle of milk and nothing else, not even 3D models of baby formula in bags.

And yes, that's the one I was thinking of, thank you.

Yeah, I had assumed that Carver did in fact have formula, it was just not mentioned on-screen, but whatever. As for the map, you're probably talking about this blueprints:

• edited January 2016

Thank you for posting that!

sialark posted: »

Yeah I remember reading somewhere that Troy's VA hated him for his original behavior in In Harm's Way.'' Yes. Troy's voice actor, Ow

• The area where the group are held as prisoners is called the nursery, hah! XD I love it.

Yeah, I had assumed that Carver did in fact have formula, it was just not mentioned on-screen, but whatever. As for the map, you're probably talking about this blueprints:

• edited January 2016

@RichWalk23

Um you guys. By "nursery" I'm pretty sure the blueprints meant the plant nursery, not a nursery for human children. :p As Lilacsbloom said, the prisoners were being kept in the nursery--an outdoor, gardening nursery similar to those found at real hardware stores like Lowe's or Home Depot. You can see here

that there are signs indicating this; the sign says, "Edible Organic Gardening, 60% off!" and there's another sign that says, "Apples" and "Lemons." There're also other signs I was too lazy to screenshot :p that say "Cherries" and "Succulents" (succulents are a type of popular decorative cactus often used as a houseplant.)

However even though there's no nursery for human babies lol, the fact remains that there was TONS of food at Howe's, including bags of rice, corn, and loads of cans of food too:

and there could've been baby formula among some of that stuff (and obviously there was.) Also

not even 3D models of baby formula in bags.

Well baby formula can come in cans, in either powdered form or in liquid form:

so it could've been amongst all those cans they had.

Yeah, there was a lot of 'tell, don't show' when it come to AJ and baby formula. All we had was one baby bottle of milk and nothing else, not even 3D models of baby formula in bags. And yes, that's the one I was thinking of, thank you.

• DeltinoDeltino Moderator

not even 3D models of baby formula in bags

I beg to differ

Yeah, there was a lot of 'tell, don't show' when it come to AJ and baby formula. All we had was one baby bottle of milk and nothing else, not even 3D models of baby formula in bags. And yes, that's the one I was thinking of, thank you.

• I was confusing the word "nursery" with sickbay or something (not a native speaker), so I thought @RichWalk23 was talking about the place that Carlos worked at. It seemed strange to me that they would keep the baby formula with the medicine and first aid supplies and not with the rest of the food.

That aside, now I can see that the nursery is in fact the "pen", as they like to call it. Also agree with the rest of your post.

@RichWalk23 Um you guys. By "nursery" I'm pretty sure the blueprints meant the plant nursery, not a nursery for human children. As Lilac

• This is hilarious for no apparent reason. Thanks for looking it up.

Deltino posted: »

not even 3D models of baby formula in bags I beg to differ

• Oh, that's fine. It's an easy mistake to make. I was even thinking they meant a baby nursery at first when I saw those blueprints.

And also for a non-native speaker, your English is really fantastic! I'm jealous lol; I know a couple other languages sorta but I'm not nearly as fluent as you are.

I was confusing the word "nursery" with sickbay or something (not a native speaker), so I thought @RichWalk23 was talking about the place th

• Sure. ;)

NOHATCLEM posted: »

Thank you for posting that!

• So there really were 3D models of baby formula, and yet they were either in the background or never used by the characters to show that they really do carry baby formula?

not even 3D models of baby formula in bags I beg to differ

yes

So there really were 3D models of baby formula, and yet they were either in the background or never used by the characters to show that they really do carry baby formula?

• I never knew that nursery can be used to describe as a place for natural habitats either, and not just for children or babies, and English is my only language.

Funny, that.

Oh, that's fine. It's an easy mistake to make. I was even thinking they meant a baby nursery at first when I saw those blueprints. And al

• I like how ironic it is because they're all actually just a bunch of whiny babies and Clementine is like their babysitter.

Lilacsbloom posted: »

The area where the group are held as prisoners is called the nursery, hah! XD I love it.

• Thanks a lot!

Oh, that's fine. It's an easy mistake to make. I was even thinking they meant a baby nursery at first when I saw those blueprints. And al

• The biggest Frankenstein is S2 Becca which uses Victor's clothes and shes still a edit of Carley/Lilly. She's so heavily modded that she needs her own animations in S2

AGentlman posted: »

A lot of people are Frankenstein

• I was unsure about this, but when Sarita is singing "Good King Wenceslas", she says "Mark my footsteps/Good my page", when the actual lyric is "Mark my footsteps/My good page". It actually kind of confused me when I first heard it, because I didn't know if they were wrong or if I was taught the wrong lyrics.

• Do people seriously call those plant nurseries? Where I live, we call them Garden Centers or "that outside plant place at Lowe's".

@RichWalk23 Um you guys. By "nursery" I'm pretty sure the blueprints meant the plant nursery, not a nursery for human children. As Lilac

• Poor Sarita didn't know the lyrics to her favorite song…

I was unsure about this, but when Sarita is singing "Good King Wenceslas", she says "Mark my footsteps/Good my page", when the actual lyric

• edited January 2016

I kind of figured it was intentional on Telltale's part... I'm like 99.99% sure Sarita's first language isn't supposed to be English (she's Hindi/Indian, isn't she?), so I figured it was supposed to be seen as a slip up. One of my friends is from The Phillipines, and he gets words switched around all of the time.

Poor Sarita didn't know the lyrics to her favorite song…

• It surely was intentional. Kenny has something for foreign women, lol.

(You probably meant Indian instead of Hindi, just pointing it out.)

I kind of figured it was intentional on Telltale's part... I'm like 99.99% sure Sarita's first language isn't supposed to be English (she's

• edited January 2016

I don't even really know what to call it. Yeah, Indian. I knew she was something like that, but it's been a while. It especially gets confusing when the name "Sarita" shows up on my Spanish exam, and I don't even really know what country that name comes from anymore.

It surely was intentional. Kenny has something for foreign women, lol. (You probably meant Indian instead of Hindi, just pointing it out.)

• "Sarita" is a nickname for Sara, the Spanish version of Sarah. I just looked it up though, and Sarita is also an Indian name.

I don't even really know what to call it. Yeah, Indian. I knew she was something like that, but it's been a while. It especially gets confus

• At the end of episode 1 of season 2 one of the dead bodies is the exact same one from season 1 episode 5. The body is the husband on the bed who shot his wife then shot himself. Nick will be crouched down right in front of him when you first come to the bodies.

edited February 2016

The body of the woman is also there. She's in the middle area, next to a different dead guy (cheating from beyond the grave)

Also, one of the dead bodies re-uses Ben's jacket, just recolored and more dirty. It still has his name on it, even.

Kenny1005 posted: »

At the end of episode 1 of season 2 one of the dead bodies is the exact same one from season 1 episode 5. The body is the husband on the bed

• they re-used many dead bodies indeed.

Kenny1005 posted: »

At the end of episode 1 of season 2 one of the dead bodies is the exact same one from season 1 episode 5. The body is the husband on the bed

• agreed but if they had used it Jane would Have been "Justified" When she shot his ya know off! Thats not the right head Jane! She just looks crazy ! with without that context

I'm kind of glad that they scrapped the part of Troy molesting Jane. I've never liked one-sided villains without a humane side (or at least wicked moral compass), or bland heroes without defects.

• I probably missed that, now i will get the game and re-play just to see it

The body of the woman is also there. She's in the middle area, next to a different dead guy (cheating from beyond the grave) Also, one of the dead bodies re-uses Ben's jacket, just recolored and more dirty. It still has his name on it, even.

• I dunno, I found it easier, a lot easier to deal with then the Season 1 list style dialogue. Wasn't like it was harder to read.

TheMPerson posted: »

Did anybody noticed how they completely downgraded the controls for the PC? Those stupid dialogue boxes that you have to click on time instead of just scroll the options or pressing 1 2 3 4 This bothers me immensely

• She kind of does, doesn't she? They should've scrapped that part as well.

agreed but if they had used it Jane would Have been "Justified" When she shot his ya know off! Thats not the right head Jane! She just looks crazy ! with without that context

• ...Ben's a common name (where I live, which is pretty close to where S2 takes place)... Let's go with that excuse. Yeah. Let's do that.

Seriously, I need to go back and play that. I know which one you're talking about, but I never saw the name.

The body of the woman is also there. She's in the middle area, next to a different dead guy (cheating from beyond the grave) Also, one of the dead bodies re-uses Ben's jacket, just recolored and more dirty. It still has his name on it, even.

• edited February 2016

• What's the point of a nickname if it's longer than the original :P

"Sarita" is a nickname for Sara, the Spanish version of Sarah. I just looked it up though, and Sarita is also an Indian name.

• It's longer for the same reason why John is called Johnny.

That double consonant plus "y" at the end stands for the "ita" or "ito" in Spanish, the only difference being that you actually have to take the last consonant.

In this case, Sara turns into Sarita.

CosmicSouls posted: »

What's the point of a nickname if it's longer than the original :P

Sign in to comment in this discussion.