LucasArts to make curse special edition?

2»

Comments

• edited August 2013
    I'm new to all this but could someone help me out or point me to a thread that will be able to help...
    I just got the Monkey Island Bounty Pack and because I have Windows 7 I had to use ScummVM to get the 2nd and 3rd disc (the curse of monkey island) going. so that's fine but I can't get the 1st disc (secret of monkey island & monkey island 2) working. If I try it on its own it tells me the disc isn't in the drive even though it is and if I try it with ScummVM it tells me it can't find any game in the directory....i love these games so would really appreciate the help :)
  • JenniferJennifer Moderator
    edited August 2013
    I'm new to all this but could someone help me out or point me to a thread that will be able to help...
    I just got the Monkey Island Bounty Pack and because I have Windows 7 I had to use ScummVM to get the 2nd and 3rd disc (the curse of monkey island) going. so that's fine but I can't get the 1st disc (secret of monkey island & monkey island 2) working. If I try it on its own it tells me the disc isn't in the drive even though it is and if I try it with ScummVM it tells me it can't find any game in the directory....i love these games so would really appreciate the help :)
    It's better to install the game to your hard drive rather than trying to run it from the CD. Run the setup program on the CD, or you can copy the files over directly.

Just make sure that the game directory on your hard drive contains the files listed here.
  • Old thread, but if you want to play in full screen with ScummVM, just hit alt enter.

coolsome posted: »

Leplaya wrote: » I said it once before and I will say it again. Curse of monkey island is great as it is, and it doesn't need to be remade.

• If Lucasarts want to do anything they should make a follow up to Tales.
    Why waste time trying to remake a game that's perfect as it is CMI.
    We will all get our wish soon we all just have to hang in there.

• I'm desperate for more MI from Telltale, but COMI and EFMI need re-releasing. I'm astonished they haven't been. By the end of this year once the Special Editions of Day of the Tentacle and Full Throttle have been released those two Monkey Islands will be the ONLY LucasArts adventures not available digitally!

• JenniferJennifer Moderator
    edited February 2016

It does seem odd. Although, the Double Fine remasters seem to be the only reason that Grim, DOTT (and, by extension, Maniac Mansion), and Full Throttle weren't released in their full form by Disney at GOG.com along with the other LucasArts adventures, not counting Labyrinth (even Zak McKracken got a re-release!).

It makes me wonder if Sony has plans for a special edition of those two Monkey Island games, since they apparently have the rights to make remakes for all of the LucasArts adventure games. Bill Tiller always did say that he wanted to work on a special edition of The Curse of Monkey Island.

The Tingler posted: »

I'm desperate for more MI from Telltale, but COMI and EFMI need re-releasing. I'm astonished they haven't been. By the end of this year once

Sign in to comment in this discussion.