Forum of Thrones: An Interactive Story

Comments

• Holy fuck... Took me 3 hours because I am a slow reader, and what a read that was! I may not have a strong connection with the characters, though this finale really caught me off guard. That was, without a doubt, one of the best pieces of writing I have read on these forums. Absolutely flawless, and the song at the end is fitting.

I would love to give feedback on favorite and least favorite characters, though I just don't have enough information to give any useful advice or commentary I'm afraid. Amazing chapter finale, looking forward to joining in a full chapter! :D

Next time on Forum of Thrones “We're finding him. We have to, there's no other way!”, she said decisively, even though she was barely a

• Who were your favourite characters in Chapter 6 and all of Act 2?
    Since i always have problem with choosing between many great characters, I think my favorite this chapter was Samantha, since lots of focus was placed on Oldtown storyline and Lucas, who because of Mullendore is slowly joining the dark side of his self-existence but survived this hell on earth which was served to him.

Who were your least favourite characters in Chapter 6 and all of Act 2?
    Without a doubt my answer is focusing on the villains, which were giving a meaning to the story nonetheless, however in a cruel way. Harren Hoare and Mullendore just won this competition, leaving Wolfius behind while killing an unborn child together with another, just a growing boy, Himani.

What were your favourite storylines in Chapter 6 and all of Act 2?
    I would not be me if I would not mention storylines, where my own character was introduced and given a chance to influence the world. However besides that, I really enjoyed as I mentioned, Samantha's parts, especially in the underground labyrinth, later on followed by Raenna's. Both of them had their romantic encounters this Chapter and I won't lie that I enjoy reading such stuff.

What were your least favourite storylines in Chapter 6 and all of Act 2?
    Each storyline had something interesting and special in it, however least enjoyed one I think was Edrick, simply because we did not see much action in it for now.

What has been your favourite chapter in Act 2?
    Definitely Masquerade. It was most intense chapter so far in my opinion with so many deaths and injuries included, as well as character developements.

What has been your favourite part and your favourite moment in Chapter 6 and all of Act 2?
    I won't focus on one part or moment but comment on it in general: I enjoy not only the big moments like the finale or other major situations, but as well minor scenes filled with a details and personalities of a characters. Their character, their morality, even their sorrow.

Is there anything you disliked?
    Not really, every part was special in it's own way, even when some of them was less important for the plot.

Do you have further advice, anything you'd like to see more, anything you're anticipating in Act 3, or anything that just does not fit into the previous questions?
    Keep up good job! And well, I must say that while reading the finale and seeing the weather state of the whole scene I imagined something to happen, however I know it would not... but you know what I thought I guess! :-)

In general I am really overwhelmed by the size that the story has reached and just simple though that it's not even finished Book 1 makes me happy. More to read, yay!

It's over... Oh my god, I can't believe it is actually over. And I can't believe how much I wrote today. Oh what a day, what a lovely day. A

• edited April 2016

Who were your favourite characters in Chapter 6 and all of Act 2? Jaron, Lucas, Harpy, Raenna and Samuel Harrington actually, I started liking him this chapter.

Who were your least favourite characters in Chapter 6 and all of Act 2? Alley cats, Butterfly and co, Garen(Still annoying), Hobert(almost as annoying as Garen) and least favourite is probably Jaylon, because he turned from character that I started liking to shitbag, I'm glad he died.

What were your favourite storylines in Chapter 6 and all of Act 2? Jarons', Garthons' andn Johns' probably, they've dealt with lot of things, oh, and Lucas and Edrick had good storylines in this chaprer.

What were your least favourite storylines in Chapter 6 and all of Act 2? Samantha and Ilish, they simply haven't done much this chapter.

What has been your favourite chapter in Act 2? chapter 5 I would say. Probably most action packed chapter so far.

What has been your favourite part and your favourite moment in Chapter 6 and all of Act 2? Last part of chapter 6 for sure.

Is there anything you disliked? No.

Do you have further advice, anything you'd like to see more, anything you're anticipating in Act 3, or anything that just does not fit into the previous questions? Not really

It's over... Oh my god, I can't believe it is actually over. And I can't believe how much I wrote today. Oh what a day, what a lovely day. A

• I must admit it,the previous part was beautiful but this one...wow...I was almost sure that Jaron and Harpy were going to die but they survive! But at what cost?So many "good" characters killed (some of them like Himani and Martin were even veteran characters of this story) and only one "evil" character killed (farewell Jaylon Gordus,you test your own luck too much)

Who were your favourite characters in Chapter 6 and all of Act 2? About the PoV's Jaron,Lucas,the Ironbros,Jenna,Maya,Richard and John;about the non PoV's Leonard,Martin (RIP) ecc (I must be honest,it's hard that I dislike a character if is well portrayed!XD)

Who were your least favourite characters in Chapter 6 and all of Act 2?If I don't consider the villains I think that Irving will be first place (I still find weird how readers think that a loser like him can do something useful!XD) and Samuel Harrington will be second place (not himself because I like that he is not bidimensional,however I dislike that the community choices give him more relevance than Terroma)

What were your favourite storylines in Chapter 6 and all of Act 2? The Harrenhall storylines,the masquerde,the rescue missions to save Lucas and Leonard (inside the previous chapter) and Briar (inside this one) and many,too many,others.

What were your least favourite storylines in Chapter 6 and all of Act 2?No one if I must be honest!XD (Sadie and Edrick storyline started only inside this last chapter while many of the "boring" PoV's show use some interesting information (for example inside Drent storyline I found interestinf Tariel past since he make us understand why Clayton and "friends" use the warehouse for their base at the beginning of the story) or put the foundations for the future (for example Richard PoV introduce the hunt of the "beast" while the Ilish one introduce the hunt of the "Kreep")

What has been your favourite chapter in Act 2? This one (but maybe only because I catch up with the story when you were writing this chapter!XD)

What has been your favourite part and your favourite moment in Chapter 6 and all of Act 2? Inside this chapter the Marak part where we discover that Briar is the girl that Noelle want burn together the last Garthon and Jaron parts (for obvious reasons);inside the others chapter I like when we discover who is Butterfly,the attempt to assasinate Harren and when we rescue Lucas (luckly the story has good moments too!XD)

Is there anything you disliked? Nope

Do you have further advice, anything you'd like to see more, anything you're anticipating in Act 3, or anything that just does not fit into the previous questions?
    Something that I'm anticipating of the third Act is:the beast hunt (and the Kreep one),the execution of Wolfius Woodbark,the trade,the Ironbros attack,wildfire and many other events!

PS:good ending song ;)

• enter image description here

Fuck Mullendore if he survived this....

Well, I'm thankful that Jarpy lives on, but Martin and Himani :( RIP

“Bloody bastard”, Jaylon spat and put his helmet on. It was a heavy helmet, the whole armour was heavy and Jaron gulped. Usually, his speed

• Who were your favourite characters in Chapter 6 and all of Act 2? Jaron and Harpy of course, Garthon and Torvin, Lucas and Leonard are still in my favorites and I'm glad Lucas won't kill Aylard because that could've changed my opinion on him a bit. From more minor characters I really started to like Himani in this chapter :(

I'm not sure if I should put the most enjoyable "villains" in this category or the next, but I'll put them here: Maron Mullendore (damn that bastard), Harren Hoare, The Tom and Clayton.

Who were your least favourite characters in Chapter 6 and all of Act 2? Well, I'll just say that Richard and Lyria are still my least favorite PoVs :D And I hope that Wolfius would just die, and Garen is annoying.

What were your favourite storylines in Chapter 6 and all of Act 2? Everything in Oldtown. Team Burned Man, Lucas and Lenny before they left, Raenna, this mess with Noelle, Ellena and so on. Everything there has been great.

Harrenhal has also been interesting, and the Breaker bros especially. Raylansfair has never been my favorite location but recently there has been more and more interesting stuff going on.

Also, the beginning of Ser Edrick's storyline has been interesting.

What were your least favourite storylines in Chapter 6 and all of Act 2? Hmm, well as I said Richard and Lyria are my least favorite PoVs, and maybe partly because of that this whole storyline around Wolfius has not really been my favorite. Also, Maya's storyline has not really peaked my interest that much - I kinda forget her until a new par for her comes and I'm like "oh yeah, we had this PoV too" :D Overall though, even the least interesting storylines have great moments and parts.

What has been your favourite chapter in Act 2? Ah... I have to say these have all been great chapters, and I'm kinda forgetting in which of the parts some events happened in so it's hard to say :D But the Butterfly revelation was in the "Butterfly" chapter right? I'd say that was at least the best climax for the chapter so far, even though this latest one had a phenomenal climax as well. Really hard to say.

What has been your favourite part and your favourite moment in Chapter 6 and all of Act 2? I'd say the last parts of chapter 4 have been the best in act 2, and in chapter 6 best part was the finale. One other part that comes to mind from chapter 6 is the one where Argella marched into the meeting at Raylansfair. Oh and of course the conclusion of the Breaker bro plotline.

Is there anything you disliked? Nah, nothing major really.

Do you have further advice, anything you'd like to see more, anything you're anticipating in Act 3, or anything that just does not fit into the previous questions? Well, I can say I'm really anticipating the pay off to this build up on conflict in Raylansfair. I don't really have advises or anything like that though :D

• You're right, thanks for bringing it to my attention! I'm not sure what that was, only that it wasn't intentional. It should be fixed now, I'm looking forward for the character :)

alikir34 posted: »

Hey *! I planned to submit a character but there seem to be little bug , when i try to write something on ''What is your characters occupati

• It is certainly a possibility. You haven't seen him die, though his wounds are definitely severe and life-threatening. Even if he's going to survive, he's not going to shrug them off.

xSensus posted: »

That was insane but I bet Mullendore is still alive.

• I think it's safe to confirm that if there would still be an Unknown list, Ayden would definitely be on it. Even though I can't confirm his fate for now, out of all the characters whose fate is murky at the moment, his chances to be alive are the best. That said, he was wounded and had three men chasing after him, so he has his fair share of problems as well.

You like killed everyone quite brutally to, thankfully Ayden escaped (hopefully)

• Thanks, I'm glad you enjoyed it :) And yes, Ellena could have saved Himani in her storyline, which would have severely changed the outcome of the chapter finale, though it would have come at a price.

Mathea posted: »

Wow. Totally worth reading it at this hour. That was really great writing you did here and I am impressed by the length and time you managed

• Mullendore, The Tom, The Moggy, All the Hoares, Argella she is really annoying and bitchy so it'll be great once she's stuck with Orys. Hobert it's really tempting to punch him, All of Butterflys men.

I see there are a couple of villains you dislike :D As for Argella, she certainly is high maintenance, though she got her positive qualities as well. There's some stuff planned for her and I think at the end of the book you're either going to really hate her, or you're opinion will change for the better. She's not going to loose her haughtiness anytime soon though, however, there might be a chance to take a look behind it in the next chapter. And I fully agree with Hobert, he's written to be one of the most puncheable guys in the story. He's not necessarily intended to be someone who needs to die, just someone who really, really, needs to be punched.

Jaron and Raenna, they were both exciting and intense for the most part I feel like Jaron's was better as each of his parts I found more and more intriguing as they came out, Raenna got way better towards end and was definitely one of the best storylines.

This is exactly as it was planned. I also felt that each of Jaron's parts in this chapter was better than the ones before, while Raenna's storyline got more and more enjoyable at the end. Her next chapter storyline should be very exciting to write.

Drent, all of his parts felt like filler and nothing interesting seemed to happen.

I kind of agree that his parts haven't been as important for the main plot so far. Like some of the other storylines, he needs some build-up. His parts also introduced the characters of Argella and Tariel, who are both highly important for the current main plot in Raylansfair. I have planned ahead for his storyline and there are some moments in the future which should be very interesting. His current parts are at least enjoyable to write already, because he has a very colourful cast of characters to interact with.

The finale for Chapter 6 was my favorite for Chapter 6 but for all of act 2 I would say when Richard stormed the warehouse and they failed I enjoyed that part alot.

This is an unexpected choice, I like that a lot! I had fun writing the warehouse attack, though since Richard is not the most well-liked character, I wasn't expecting anyone to name it their favourite moment of Act 2. Glad to see it left an impression :)

Filler parts other than that everything is good to me.

Sadly, filler parts are very necessary. Some of them are meant to be breather parts after really intense moments, others are meant to keep some characters present in the reader's minds, while others have the extremely important function of developing the characters in day-to-day situations. Take Drent's Chapter 5 storyline for example. As much fun as I had writing princess shenanigans, it's undeniable that nothing of great importance happened. It really fleshed out some of the characters though, so that you now have a general idea how, for example, Garen or Argella are in terms of personality, so that later moments for them really work as intended, without anyone wondering who these characters are.

The beast storyline has me very intrigued especially with that preview I have a feeling it will be one of the best storylines in Chapter 7 or all of Act 3.

It is at the very least among the ones I am most looking forward for. I have planned it in greater detail, though I can't yet promise how long it is going to be. There should be a couple of really great moments though, so I hope it won't disappoint.

And I just have to say thank you for this wonderful story it just keeps getting better and better and I look forward to all future parts. :)

Thank you for your feedback! Hearing stuff like that is by far the best motivation for me to further improve on the story. I greatly appreciate it :D

* Jaron definitely, Harrington I'm starting to like him, Torvin, Ayden (Obvious), Davith. * Mullendore, The Tom, The Moggy, All the Hoare

• Without a doubt my answer is focusing on the villains, which were giving a meaning to the story nonetheless, however in a cruel way. Harren Hoare and Mullendore just won this competition, leaving Wolfius behind while killing an unborn child together with another, just a growing boy, Himani.

Oh yes, Harren and Mullendore really stepped to new lows in the last two parts. Not even Wolfius had the chance to kill a child in the story yet and with him awaiting execution, it is possible that he's never going to get the chance.

I would not be me if I would not mention storylines, where my own character was introduced and given a chance to influence the world. However besides that, I really enjoyed as I mentioned, Samantha's parts, especially in the underground labyrinth, later on followed by Raenna's. Both of them had their romantic encounters this Chapter and I won't lie that I enjoy reading such stuff.

Actually, Samantha never had a romantic encounter, I should clarify that. Davith developed a one-sided crush on her, though as a result of her sexual orientation there is no chance that anything will ever develop between these two. With Davith free again (and on his way to Raylansfair, together with Raenna and the others), there might be a rather awkward reunion :D

Each storyline had something interesting and special in it, however least enjoyed one I think was Edrick, simply because we did not see much action in it for now.

Edrick is one of the slower developing storylines. He's going to interact with a couple of interesting characters over the course of his story and I have some very cool moments planned for him in later chapters, but for now, he is still at the very beginning of his journey.

I won't focus on one part or moment but comment on it in general: I enjoy not only the big moments like the finale or other major situations, but as well minor scenes filled with a details and personalities of a characters. Their character, their morality, even their sorrow.

These are moments I enjoy greatly as well! I'm always worried that they get eclipsed by the action-packed highlights, but without them, these highlights could never be as big. There are so many wonderful submitted characters and I love developing even the most minor of them, so I'm glad you appreciate this side of the story.

Keep up good job! And well, I must say that while reading the finale and seeing the weather state of the whole scene I imagined something to happen, however I know it would not... but you know what I thought I guess! :-)

I'm not sure if I know what you mean. Very early in this chapter, I had the image in my mind of Mullendore crawling through the mud, while leaving a trail of blood. His facial wound, while gruesome, is not bleeding enough for this, so I knew I needed some rain on the ground for the intended effect. It also really added to Raenna's moment with Harrington, as well as to the general athmosphere of this final, desperate fight. Though, what exactly was it you have imagined to happen?

In general I am really overwhelmed by the size that the story has reached and just simple though that it's not even finished Book 1 makes me happy. More to read, yay!

I feel the same! It's both, overwhelming in its size (and in the size that is left), while also very exciting. The story is really going to step up in terms of pace and dramatic moments in the coming chapters and no matter how long it'll take me, I'm determined to finish it eventually.

Who were your favourite characters in Chapter 6 and all of Act 2? Since i always have problem with choosing between many great characters,

• Alley cats, Butterfly and co, Garen(Still annoying), Hobert(almost as annoying as Garen) and least favourite is probably Jaylon, because he turned from character that I started liking to shitbag, I'm glad he died.

Jaylon was a character I greatly enjoyed to write, and greatly enjoyed to kill off. He was a shitbag and he has always been. Hell, he tried to kill Ellena in his introductory chapter. At the same time, his interactions with Samantha were meant to show that even people like him are not all bad. He had his positive sides, but as the Tom said, he came too far for redemption. If he would have decided to join Samantha at the end of Chapter 5 instead of staying back, his story would have taken a drastically different ending.

Jarons', Garthons' andn Johns' probably, they've dealt with lot of things, oh, and Lucas and Edrick had good storylines in this chaprer.

Glad to see Edrick here. As I said to Mathea, he has a slow start, since he is just at the beginning of his journey, but I am glad that you enjoyed him nonetheless!

Samantha and Ilish, they simply haven't done much this chapter.

This is very true. It'll change in the next chapter, where both are going to have some really cool moments. Samantha had to take a step back, because her entire role in this chapter was just to be the one kicking off the Aylard/Lucas confrontation, so her few parts were still very important. Meanwhile, Ilish's storyline, like Richard's, was meant to build up their storylines in the next chapter, which should hopefully be more interesting than what she did in this.

Who were your favourite characters in Chapter 6 and all of Act 2? Jaron, Lucas, Harpy, Raenna and Samuel Harrington actually, I started liki

• ARGH!!! That was fucking incredible. What an ending! I thought for sure that Jaron would die in this part but instead everyone around him died. What a bloodbath. I'm most sad about Martin, I loved his friendship with Jaron. Martin seemed to be the closest person to Jaron besides Harpy. Part of me wanted Jaron and Martin to die together like brothers, maybe even take the Tom down with them.

Overall, this part was fantastic. Also good choice with Broken Crown. It fit the tone perfectly.

“Bloody bastard”, Jaylon spat and put his helmet on. It was a heavy helmet, the whole armour was heavy and Jaron gulped. Usually, his speed

• That was an amazing part. Did the Moggy just do a Gregor Clegane on Jarek?

And also

He drew his curved sword

Have you seen those Alley Cats from Oldtown? They've got curved swords. CURVED swords.

• I must admit it,the previous part was beautiful but this one...wow...I was almost sure that Jaron and Harpy were going to die but they survive! But at what cost?So many "good" characters killed (some of them like Himani and Martin were even veteran characters of this story) and only one "evil" character killed (farewell Jaylon Gordus,you test your own luck too much)

I hope this means you enjoyed the part :D It was hard writing characters like Himani or Martin off. Both have been with the story for over a year now. Jaylon as well, though Jaylon had it coming in the end. Himani was the second character introduced in Oldtown, even before the Burned Man and Harpy and while it took me until the current chapter to reveal his backstory, he has always been a character I liked. Killing him off has not been easy.

If I don't consider the villains I think that Irving will be first place (I still find weird how readers think that a loser like him can do something useful!XD) and Samuel Harrington will be second place (not himself because I like that he is not bidimensional,however I dislike that the community choices give him more relevance than Terroma)

I was actually surprised that everyone decided to give Irving so much trust as well. He is not entirely useless, but the whole point of his character is that he at least starts off as a classical anti-hero, with very few heroic traits and a great number of flaws, while still being by no means a bad person or a villain. There might be a chance for him to improve himself, but it won't happen overnight. As for Harrington, I was not that much surprised that a majority chose to trust him so much and Raenna's decisions in this chapter are greatly influencing her relationship to Terroma in the next one.

No one if I must be honest!XD (Sadie and Edrick storyline started only inside this last chapter while many of the "boring" PoV's show use some interesting information (for example inside Drent storyline I found interestinf Tariel past since he make us understand why Clayton and "friends" use the warehouse for their base at the beginning of the story) or put the foundations for the future (for example Richard PoV introduce the hunt of the "beast" while the Ilish one introduce the hunt of the "Kreep")

This is exactly what I intended to. Some storylines are slower and shorter, obviously, but as you said, they still showed some interesting information and laid the foundation for more exciting storylines in later chapters.

Something that I'm anticipating of the third Act is:the beast hunt (and the Kreep one),the execution of Wolfius Woodbark,the trade,the Ironbros attack,wildfire and many other events!

Some of these events will even happen in the next chapter already, while others will be part of later chapters. I hope you enjoy them!

PS:good ending song ;)

That was the one thing in this part I somewhat struggled with. Not because I don't like the song, quite the contrary, but mostly because there have been half a dozen other songs that would have also fitted very well. Ultimately, it appears I chose correctly :D

I must admit it,the previous part was beautiful but this one...wow...I was almost sure that Jaron and Harpy were going to die but they survi

• Hmm, well as I said Richard and Lyria are my least favorite PoVs, and maybe partly because of that this whole storyline around Wolfius has not really been my favorite. Also, Maya's storyline has not really peaked my interest that much - I kinda forget her until a new par for her comes and I'm like "oh yeah, we had this PoV too" :D Overall though, even the least interesting storylines have great moments and parts.

Fair enough. There is something planned for these characters that might peak your interest a bit more. Especially Richard is hopefully going to have an exciting storyline in the next chapter. Lyria however is the one PoV I am always struggling with and in retrospect, I somewhat regret that I made a PoV in the first place. There are other characters who would have made for a more present storyline, while Lyria would have worked just as well as a non-PoV. She still has something planned which I'm greatly looking forward for.

Harrenhal has also been interesting, and the Breaker bros especially. Raylansfair has never been my favorite location but recently there has been more and more interesting stuff going on.

It sadly was the last time we saw Harrenhal as a location in Book 1. Raylansfair is going to get increased importance in the next chapter. Meanwhile, since Raenna is also going to be in the Reach in Chapter 7, Jaron is the last remaining Oldtown PoV, so Oldtown is also going to have less screentime in the next chapter, even though Jaron is going to have a long storyline.

Ah... I have to say these have all been great chapters, and I'm kinda forgetting in which of the parts some events happened in so it's hard to say :D But the Butterfly revelation was in the "Butterfly" chapter right? I'd say that was at least the best climax for the chapter so far, even though this latest one had a phenomenal climax as well. Really hard to say.

Yes, the Butterfly revelation was in the chapter of the same name :D Personally, I think it was the biggest game changer so far, so I agree with what you said. The fallout from the Chapter 6 finale is also greatly changing the power structures in Oldtown though. Mullendore is close to death, the Burned Man is missing and literally the only person of power to survive this chapter entirely unscathed is the Tom, so I hope it'll be interesting to explore his next steps in this plan.

Well, I can say I'm really anticipating the pay off to this build up on conflict in Raylansfair. I don't really have advises or anything like that though :D

There will be a big pay off, I promise it. In fact, I have an entire chapter dedicated to it and it is the chapter I'm looking forward for the most out of all the chapters to come. Some moments that have been planned since the very beginning of the story will happen there.

Who were your favourite characters in Chapter 6 and all of Act 2? Jaron and Harpy of course, Garthon and Torvin, Lucas and Leonard are still

• I hope you don't mind but I skipped a couple questions because I didn't have adequate answers for them.

Who were your favourite characters? Alysanne has really grown on me. You've made her one of my favourites. Then there's Raenna. She's an absolute gem. I can't get enough of her. And lastly... Lucas. I'm loving this dark path he's on now and worrying about how far he'll go.

Who were your least favourite characters ? Alys, which is a shame as I really like her, but she was just less exciting this time around. And thren Sadie but that's only because we haven't seen much of her and have yet to see her shine.
    What were your favourite storylines? Raenna's right at the top! And I've really been enjoying Kersea's. Then there's Jaron, his story was superb. Which is great because for a while his story has been among my least favourite for a while. And lastly... Jenna! Her story seems to be getting better with every part. I love seeing her cunning develop. You'd think the Jenna from the beginning of the story was a different person. Probably is at this point.

What has been your favourite part and favourite moment? This final battle.

Anticipatyion:

• I have no idea if this'll happen but I'm hoping for and am really excited for a battle between Terroma and Marak. Those two are like titans.
    • I'm excited overall for the encounter between Terroma's group and Noelle's.
    • I'm really interested in an encounter between the Harrington brothers.
    • The Breaker brother's story.
    • Edrick and co.
    • Jenna and Saerya VS Sherryl.

• That was an amazing part. Did the Moggy just do a Gregor Clegane on Jarek?

Glad you enjoyed it! And yes, the Moggy basically did something very similar, though he used only one hand and smashed Jarek's head against a wall instead of crushing it against the ground. While it went a lot faster than what happened to Oberyn, the end result was just as messy.

Have you seen those Alley Cats from Oldtown? They've got curved swords. CURVED swords.

I used to be an adventurer like you, but then I took a throwing knife to the knee.

TheFurryOne posted: »

That was an amazing part. Did the Moggy just do a Gregor Clegane on Jarek? And also He drew his curved sword Have you seen those Alley Cats from Oldtown? They've got curved swords. CURVED swords.

• ARGH!!! That was fucking incredible. What an ending! I thought for sure that Jaron would die in this part but instead everyone around him died. What a bloodbath. I'm most sad about Martin, I loved his friendship with Jaron. Martin seemed to be the closest person to Jaron besides Harpy. Part of me wanted Jaron and Martin to die together like brothers, maybe even take the Tom down with them.

It is great to hear that you enjoyed this part so much :) You are right, Martin was Jaron's closest friend in Oldtown aside from Harpy and his loss really hit him the hardest out of all the deaths in this part. It's also definitely continuing to affect him. In the end, running was the smart choice, because even together, they had no chance of taking the Tom down, not with their wounds. However, even if it was the smart choice and Martin's wish, Jaron is definitely going to feel guilty for leaving his friend behind.

Overall, this part was fantastic. Also good choice with Broken Crown. It fit the tone perfectly.

When I first heard it, I had just started writing FoT but I already knew that I had to use it as an ending song for one chapter. I just wasn't too sure if I should use it now, because there will be future chapters where it would have fit as well, perhaps even better, while this chapter could have also ended with a couple of different songs I've been considering. In the end, I was listening to Broken Crown almost non-stop while writing this part though, so it would have simply felt wrong to choose any other. And you are right, it does fit the tone of this part and I'm happy with the way it turned out :)

AgentZ46 posted: »

ARGH!!! That was fucking incredible. What an ending! I thought for sure that Jaron would die in this part but instead everyone around him di

• Actually, Samantha never had a romantic encounter, I should clarify that. Davith developed a one-sided crush on her, though as a result of her sexual orientation there is no chance that anything will ever develop between these two. With Davith free again (and on his way to Raylansfair, together with Raenna and the others), there might be a rather awkward reunion :D

Yes, I know, seems the words i used were simply wrongly put. Anyway, what happened in that moment, happened and cannot be taken away.

Though, what exactly was it you have imagined to happen?

Its something related to what we spoke recently but I totally understand that you simply dont remember. Nevermind then ☺its not important

Without a doubt my answer is focusing on the villains, which were giving a meaning to the story nonetheless, however in a cruel way. Harren

• I hope you don't mind but I skipped a couple questions because I didn't have adequate answers for them.

I don't mind at all! The ones you answered are the ones I consider the important questions either way, so this is going to help a lot already, thank you!

Alysanne has really grown on me. You've made her one of my favourites. Then there's Raenna. She's an absolute gem. I can't get enough of her. And lastly... Lucas. I'm loving this dark path he's on now and worrying about how far he'll go.

I must admit, Alysanne has also been growing on me largely as a result because you enjoyed her character when she first showed hints of friendship towards Kersea. That made me think how I can continue to write her character and I ended up turning her into a more troubled and more positive character than I have planned originally. So, strangely enough, the fact that you like her so much right now is a result of the inspiration you gave me when you proclaimed your initial interest in the character :D As for Raenna, she has the storyline I'm looking forward for the most in the next chapter. I'm not sure how long it will be and there is a chance it will be shorter than her storyline in this chapter, but it is nonetheless planned as one of the highlights of Chapter 7. Finally, Lucas. He really dodged a bullet with Aylard, because otherwise he would have went into even darker stuff. He showed at least some restraint now, but the next chapter will continue to develop him into one direction or the other.

Alys, which is a shame as I really like her, but she was just less exciting this time around. And thren Sadie but that's only because we haven't seen much of her and have yet to see her shine.

Alys really had only little to do in this chapter and she had one of the storylines I wasn't quite happy with. It might continue in the following chapter as well, but she still has a big importance to the plot, with being close to Anturion and also the driving factor behind Edrick's storyline. As for Sadie, she's a PoV where I was always satisfied with the quality of her individual parts, but who suffered from horrible pacing problems. She had three parts in this chapter and each of them separated by months, which I hope to improve in the next chapter.

Raenna's right at the top! And I've really been enjoying Kersea's. Then there's Jaron, his story was superb. Which is great because for a while his story has been among my least favourite for a while. And lastly... Jenna! Her story seems to be getting better with every part. I love seeing her cunning develop. You'd think the Jenna from the beginning of the story was a different person. Probably is at this point.

All of these have been among the ones I've been enjoying the most in Chapter 6. There are some good moments to anticipate from these four in the next chapter. I am amazed that I managed to change your opinion on Jaron and Jenna. I know you had quite the issue with Jaron's decisions in Chapter 4, so it's good to see that his storyline grew on you again. Out of interest, if I remember correctly, you were also not into the romance between Jaron and Harpy, has that changed as well? As for Jenna, she is indeed on her way to become a completely different person. That was the reason I was happy that she survived Chapter 3, because while she started off as a weak character, she always was among the ones with the most potential to grow. She still has a way to go, but she clearly developed and took a more active role in the story. Coincidentally, the more she grows as a character, the more I enjoy writing her :D

I have no idea if this'll happen but I'm hoping for and am really excited for a battle between Terroma and Marak. Those two are like titans.

I'm excited overall for the encounter between Terroma's group and Noelle's.

Oh yes, this is going to be big. As you've seen in the next-time teaser, the two groups are going to meet and tensions are definitely very high. Neither Terroma, nor Marak have much of a reason to hold back by now. If a battle happens between two people as dangerous as them, there is a high chance for losses on both sides.

I'm really interested in an encounter between the Harrington brothers.

This is a fight that has been heavily build up by now and with the increasing importance of Samuel Harrington, it is a confrontation that at least seems inevitable. Similarly to Terroma and Marak, they are both incredibly dangerous people. I just hope that I manage to build up Ryder Harrington a little bit more before the confrontation, as his role hasn't been that big so far.

The Breaker brother's story.

I don't think I spoil anything when I reveal that this is a storyline where a lot of very hard moments are going to happen, especially now that they are on their way to Raylansfair. Some moments will happen from their viewpoints which I can't wait to write.

Edrick and co.

I'm not surprised that you anticipate their journey :D This is another storyline I really like to write, because the way Edrick and his companions are going to interact with each other is going to be a lot of fun.

Jenna and Saerya VS Sherryl.

Funnily enough, I originally wanted to include a little teaser for Jenna in the next-time stuff, but I don't want to spoil any detail for her storyline. Just this: There is the possibility that Jenna is going to make important discoveries and decisions in the next chapter.

Anyways, thank you for answering :D

AgentZ46 posted: »

I hope you don't mind but I skipped a couple questions because I didn't have adequate answers for them. Who were your favourite character

• Its something related to what we spoke recently but I totally understand that you simply dont remember. Nevermind then ☺its not important

Ah, now I remember what you mean! No worries, I have not forgotten this particular detail, although I haven't thought about it when planning the weather in this part. It won't be the last time it rains in the story ;)

Actually, Samantha never had a romantic encounter, I should clarify that. Davith developed a one-sided crush on her, though as a result of h

• Wow. I don't even know what to say, this is a tremendous compliment. Thank you :) I guess with some characters in this part it was probably hard to build up a connection to them from your viewpoint as a very new reader, but I am happy that you still enjoyed it so much!

Stigz_52 posted: »

Holy fuck... Took me 3 hours because I am a slow reader, and what a read that was! I may not have a strong connection with the characters, t

• To answer your question about the Harpy and Jaron romance, I'm still not super into it but I've grown interested in it. The two are interesting together.

I hope you don't mind but I skipped a couple questions because I didn't have adequate answers for them. I don't mind at all! The one

• I guessed so :-)

Its something related to what we spoke recently but I totally understand that you simply dont remember. Nevermind then ☺its not important

• Hey Liquid, can you give us a list of the characters you plan to introduce this chapter and the new PoVs?

• Thx mate ! I hope you like him :P

You're right, thanks for bringing it to my attention! I'm not sure what that was, only that it wasn't intentional. It should be fixed now, I'm looking forward for the character

• Yes, I like him, he's a very well-written character and I already have an idea for him. In fact, one thing you wrote about him can greatly enhance the storyline of one PoV in the near to semi-near future. Thanks a lot!

alikir34 posted: »

Thx mate ! I hope you like him :P

• Yes, of course. First of all, there won't be any new PoV characters in the next chapter, as I'm going to focus on the ones I already have. There will be one more PoV character in Book 1, whose storyline will start in Chapter 8, but said character is an already introduced character. As for the characters I plan to introduce, they will probably be slightly less numerous than in Chapter 6, because I want to develop some of the characters I have introduced in this chapter further. Some of these names must also be taken with a grain of salt, but most of them are planned to be introduced for sure. In any way, here they are:

Normund Tavorch, Jarcka Snow, Ser Gordar Celtigar, Sanyse Gomblinger, Lord Lionel Frostborn, Lady Elizabeth Frostborn, Alphyn Frostborn, Evelyn Frostborn, Lucien Frostborn, Jeffrey Snow, Rahaerys Velaryon, Melany Stratford, Daemion Stratford, Tythan Lannister, Nymeria Aspys, Lanford, Melylea, Nila, Edric, Erwin, Gilbar Cale, Sophey, Ryler Grimthorn, Helenys Bellward, Aren Charlton, Valar Roux, Aldus Ermo, Erik Inchfield

As well as potentially a couple of others. Not every storyline in the next chapter is 100% planned in deeper detail at this point and there might be the chance that one or two characters who are not mentioned here are going to appear as well.

Hey Liquid, can you give us a list of the characters you plan to introduce this chapter and the new PoVs?

• I'm assuming you can't reveal the new PoV for chapter 8 this early?

Yes, of course. First of all, there won't be any new PoV characters in the next chapter, as I'm going to focus on the ones I already have. T

• I'm not Liquid but I think it's obvious because reveal now a PoV for a future chapter make the character 100% safe inside any possible events before s/he become a PoV

I'm assuming you can't reveal the new PoV for chapter 8 this early?

• Correct, I can't do that now. It would give away said characters survival in the next chapter, so I can't reveal the name until the chapter (or at least the storyline this character is going to appear in), is over.

I'm assuming you can't reveal the new PoV for chapter 8 this early?

• Yay, Ser Gordar! My non-bastard/non-hedge knight! :D

Yes, of course. First of all, there won't be any new PoV characters in the next chapter, as I'm going to focus on the ones I already have. T

• edited April 2016

Hey liquid it's been a while since i asked you any questions about this story and i miss it, so here we go:

Have you ever had a submitted character that just made things harder or impossible for the story? (Say for example: A group of white walker slaying fire men, which would make remaing true to canon impossible unless they are all killed or vanish forever. Or a immortal warrior who can conquer the world by blinking. Or the evil alien clone of another character.)

If so (or hypothetically), how do you deal with it/them?

Do you have (or Have you ever had) any characters you like so much you just DON'T want to kill?

And if you do you still give them a possible death?

When and if you kill a P.O.V character do you PREFER killing them in their P.O.V or someone elses?

How do you deal with characters being over powered?

And FINALLY do you come up with a chapter first and then figure how the characters fit in or do you figure were the characters fit in to the chapter and then naturaly come up with it's plot?

• Hey liquid it's been a while since i asked you any questions about this story and i miss it, so here we go:

Now the chapter is over, everyone answers questions and I get to answer questions as well :) I like this. I like this very, very much, thank you for asking!

Have you ever had a submitted character that just made things harder or impossible for the story? (Say for example: A group of white walker slaying fire men, which would make remaing true to canon impossible unless they are all killed or vanish forever. Or a immortal warrior who can conquer the world by blinking. Or the evil alien clone of another character.)

Harder, yes. One thing that is hard to implement are whole families of noblemen. Usually, I find a way around it though. This was a bit different in the early days of the story and families like House Reyne will have central parts in the storyline. Single noblemen, even lords of their houses, are not too problematic, but families, especially families with children require quite a large amount of focus to properly work as characters. In case of whole noble houses, a trip to their lands is also often required to easily introduce them, which requires of me to plan a PoV's storyline into this direction, which occasionally clashes with preexisting plans. There have not been characters I considered impossible to include, though one time I came very close. Now, characters that make it impossible to stay true to the canon will simply not be accepted. For example, a character who is named the King in the North in his submission simply can't be accepted in the story, since the King in the North is Torrhen Stark. Or a character that is a fifth son of Harren Hoare, since it was properly established that Harren has only four sons.

If so (or hypothetically), how do you deal with it/them?

With patience. The noble families I can't include will be pushed back and I won't plan anything for them until I have an idea. Sooner or later, I always get an idea. However, I am writing a story. I don't write a massive, permanent introduction of characters. Should I come to a point in the story where I can introduce a character without compromising the story, I will do so, but I am not willing to make the story suffer just so that every character fits into it. Currently, I don't see a problem with any character in the submission list, but should I ever encounter a massive problem, then I simply won't introduce the character. If it is the character of an active reader, I will apologize to said reader and offer him to submit another character that fits better into the story, but this occasion never happened before and it is likely that it will never come that far.

Do you have (or Have you ever had) any characters you like so much you just DON'T want to kill?

In short, yes. I have many characters whom I grew very fond of. While writing their actions in the story, there have been a large number of characters I grew quite fond of, so much that I just don't want to kill them. In a certain way, every character is hard to kill for me and some of them will be harder than others.

And if you do you still give them a possible death?

Yes, definitely. It will be hard for me, but if a character's time is up, it is up. The next chapter will feature a couple of possible moments, which may end in particular deaths that will be hard to write for me.

When and if you kill a P.O.V character do you PREFER killing them in their P.O.V or someone elses?

This is an interesting question. I think it is situational and depends on the nature of the death of said PoV character. Since the PoV characters are very important, I feel like they deserve death scenes from their own PoV, to allow me to write down their final thoughts and feelings. That said, about half of the PoV's that will die in the next Act (yes, I used plural) will do so from in the parts of someone else's PoV, because the nature of the death means it'll work better to have them witnessed from someone else's perspective. For example, and this is by no means a confirmation that such a PoV death will happen, if a PoV dies from unexpectedly getting an arrow to the head. In such a case, they wouldn't even realize their deaths before it is over and their part would literally cut off in the middle of the sentence, so having their death being witnessed by someone else makes things clearer for the reader. In general though, I'd say I lean more in favour of killing them off in their own parts.

How do you deal with characters being over powered?

I use my reality-warping, godlike powers over the world of FoT and throw lightning from the sky, to fry them alive. In all seriousness though, there is no such thing as an overpowered character. If I want to challenge a character, I can always do so, I just have to give them individual challenges. For example, a single man with a knife would be an almost impossible obstacle for Jenna, while someone like Marak would kill him without breaking a sweat. If I want to challenge such a badass, I give him a fully-armoured knight as an opponent and if I want to kill him off, I make the knight stronger than him, or have him do a mistake in the fight. Characters that are stronger than other characters simply need more dangerous challenges, so that they won't feel overpowered. And if I really don't find a way to challenge an overpowered character, I use arrows. Anyone can be killed by arrows. And anyone, no matter how seemingly overpowered, can be challenged in some way.

And FINALLY do you come up with a chapter first and then figure how the characters fit in or do you figure were the characters fit in to the chapter and then naturaly come up with it's plot?

I'm not entirely sure if I understand the question correctly, so forgive me if I answer wrong. I think it is leaning more towards the latter. I know where I want each character to be at the end of the Book and I know what actions I want them to do until this end. Then, I think of how I can segment these actions into the individual chapters. At times, I am a bit more free and spontaneous to choose, in such a case I have the chapter first and then I figure out what the character do in it, although I always know in advance where I want them to be at the end of it.

Lord_EAA posted: »

Hey liquid it's been a while since i asked you any questions about this story and i miss it, so here we go: Have you ever had a submitted

• edited April 2016

Great answers. I LOVE seeing you describe how you deal with these situations.

Anyway what i meant with the last question is: Do you write the the plot first and then find which character fits best where or do you think of what the character would do in the world and make the plot out of that?

But i think you answered nicely. Which is why i have more questions:

How do you determine romantic relationships between characters? Do they just happen or do you match them with their personalities?

How do you determine where in the story a characters introduction and plotline fits best?

Have you ever felt like you interpreted/wrote a character incorrectly?

Has there been anypoint in the story where you felt you made a mistake or could have done something better?

If so hiw do you deal with that?

As a counter to one of my previous questions, have you had a character you despise due to their actions, personality or behavior?

If so, does that give you any trouble writting them?

Have you ever accepted a 'joke' character into the story?

Has a choice made by the readers ever given you trouble in the story?

And finally (again) has there ever been a character that, just by being added, has changed a large portion of the story?

Hey liquid it's been a while since i asked you any questions about this story and i miss it, so here we go: Now the chapter is over,

• As a new reader to the story I have to say that this story is phenomenal! I just started reading on the finale so I am obviously way out of the loop but from what I can tell this story is very well written with what looks to be a massive amount of characters! I am curious though, how do you keep track of all of those characters along with keeping their individual personalities in order? Overall though I think I am definitely going to have to take the time to try and catch up on this story! I have just created a character as well and if any changes need to be made I will be more than happy to do so!

• Welcome. Yep this story is both insane in scale and amazing in execution. I hope you enjoy it as much as i have.

CM3434 posted: »

As a new reader to the story I have to say that this story is phenomenal! I just started reading on the finale so I am obviously way out of

• Oh boy, I missed quite a bit. But I think I managed to catch up to everything. I'm really happy with the direction of the story, this is a great set up for a lot of parties. And the toll of death is starting to wear on me a little :(

Who were your favourite characters in Chapter 6 and all of Act 2? Lucas, his character is taking a sadistic dark tone which I'm really digging. I just hope that the community realizes that and make him what he needs to be. Jaron, probably one of the most detailed Pov in the story, I enjoy his perspectives on things. Raenna, in the last chapter I already kind of liked her, but this chapter sealed the deal and made her one of my favorites. (That scene with Samuel is totally adorable by the way)

Who were your least favourite characters in Chapter 6 and all of Act 2? I'm not really feeling for Ser Edrick, well not yet anyway. I'm putting into consideration though that he is getting set up for the next chapter, but still this chapter was weak for him. Richard didn't do anything this chapter, arguably the entire co. didn't. I would have liked to see them advance in the Wolfius storyline, but I guess now wasn't the time.

What were your favourite storylines in Chapter 6 and all of Act 2? Jaron, simply because of that finale. Probably your finest work of detail of fighting and a great effort put into every character. This was excellent and I haven't felt this tensed up since the Butterfly warehouse fight. Raenna, getting more backstory and going on a dangerous mission really did it for me. Can't deny that I enjoyed it from the beginning to the end. I also really liked the rebellion aftermath, seems like King Harren is after something very particular.

What were your least favorite storylines in Chapter 6 and all of Act 2? Did Drent even get a part? He probably has, but I can barely remember any of them simply because I don't think it advanced the story. Although I do like his character, but right now he seems irrelevant since the big boys (the Tyrells, Reyenes, Raylansfair co. etc) are getting involved. Maybe Jenna, her storyline might be going the right direction to become a likeable character, but I don't believe this was enough for her.

What has been your favourite chapter in Act 2? Still sticking with Chapter 4: Butterfly. If you remember, I've said that chapter 4 is my official favorite, and it still stands true. Chapter 5 in my opinion wasn't as powerful, but I felt chapter 6 made up for it in a lot of ways. Overall, Chapter 4 was fantastic, chapter 5 was good and chapter 6 was great.

What has been your favourite part and your favourite moment in Chapter 6 and all of Act 2? The finale. I must say that I'm seeing a trend here. Regardless of the chapter or which storyline, you do a great job of creating and writing an awesome finale with a cliffhanger. I get hooked every time I read them and I'm always left smiling and even reconsider reading them at some point during the day. The Samuel and Raenna fights were fantastic, I think everyone (except for Terroma) came out unscathed.

Is there anything you disliked? Surprisingly, I barely disliked anything. A lot of the issues from the last chapter were fixed here. More screen time for everyone, exciting storylines, more build up and characterization. Since I'm getting more inactive in the forums, I generally read a bunch of posts altogether, so a lack of content isn't an issue.

Do you have further advice, anything you'd like to see more, anything you're anticipating in Act 3, or anything that just does not fit into the previous questions? Keep doing what you're doing, because you're doing it right! The next chapter is probably going to focus a lot more on Oldtown since Raenna and Jaron are there. I'm pretty excited to read through it all and I can't wait to read all the different choices. And once again Liquid, thanks for delivering such an amazing story on the forums. :)

Sign in to comment in this discussion.