Forum of Thrones: An Interactive Story

Comments

• Much text, such skills. Wow :D
    I'm so glad u are still writing and I have much to read. I need a little time for this text. U are awesome!

• Welcome to the story and thank you for the compliment! I am glad you enjoyed this finale and I'm very happy to have you on board :) I have also checked your character and he is fantastic, thanks for submitting him! He has a couple of very unique traits and I'm sure I'll have good use for him. I'll be writing you a private message regarding him in a couple of minutes, in which I can talk more freely about a few early ideas I have. In any way, he's a welcome addition to the cast! Now for your question:

I am curious though, how do you keep track of all of those characters along with keeping their individual personalities in order?

What helps a lot is the character list in the main post. I'm pretty sure no one's using it more than I do to keep track of the characters and their current positions, which helps me with remembering which character belongs to which storyline. It's invaluable for me at any stage of the story. The summary also occasionally helps, though I'm mostly able to memorize this sort of detail. While writing, I also always have the google document containing the submitted characters at hand, so that anytime I'm not sure how a character is going to act according to his personality, I only have to take a quick look. This is mostly important for newer characters, since after a while of writing, my grasp of the character gets firm enough that I don't need this kind of help anymore.

CM3434 posted: »

As a new reader to the story I have to say that this story is phenomenal! I just started reading on the finale so I am obviously way out of

• Great answers. I LOVE seeing you describe how you deal with these situations.

And I love answering questions :) Whenever you have one, don't hesitate to ask!

Anyway what i meant with the last question is: Do you write the the plot first and then find which character fits best where or do you think of what the character would do in the world and make the plot out of that?

Ah, I think I understand now. It's a mixture of both. When I started the story, it was definitely the former. I had a few early ideas for potential storylines and when the first characters were submitted, I put them into these storylines, to fill the roles I had in mind. For example, the character of Harris was a blank spot originally, meant to be filled by a user-submitted character before I put the prologue online, and his role in the story was almost given to one of the first submitted characters, Leonard Constantine. I also had a very early idea for a role that had to be filled by a red priestess, said role obviously went to Noelle. Now that the overall plot stands, I try to fit the characters into the individual storylines as good as I can. However, I also have cases in which the character comes first and I build the plot around him or her. And example for this kind of storyline would be John's.

How do you determine romantic relationships between characters? Do they just happen or do you match them with their personalities?

Again, a mixture of both. I have one specific future couple planned way in advance, because their personalities are drastically different and I like this sort of thing. Jaron and Harpy have also been planned and build up for a long time, because they make quite the interesting match. Others tend to happen more spontaneously. For example, I hadn't planned anything at all to happen between Harrington and Raenna until I wrote their first talk and realized that I'd love for them to have a romantic subtext in their interactions. They indeed just happened and it luckily enhanced the storyline greatly.

How do you determine where in the story a characters introduction and plotline fits best?

This is hard to answer.

Have you ever felt like you interpreted/wrote a character incorrectly?

Yes. As a matter of fact, there are characters where I am always worried I write them in a wrong direction. This especially applies to very complex characters with detailed moral views, or characters who are going to commit controversial acts. In the end, I never had anyone saying that they are disappointed with how their character acts in the story, so it is probably just me being paranoid about this sort of thing.

Has there been anypoint in the story where you felt you made a mistake or could have done something better?

There are no severe mistakes I made, at least none I can recall right now, but there are a couple of things I am not satisfied with and which I would do differently in retrospect. Perhaps the biggest mistake I made was making Lyria a PoV, because her character is far less proactive than others. This gives her less to do on her own and she requires very proactive characters like Wolfius to do something she can react to. While other PoV's have the desire to do stuff on their own that makes for intirguing storylines, Lyria is only reacting to the actions of others, which ultimately means that she occasionally isn't even the protagonist in her own storyline. She would have worked way better as a non-PoV and I believe she would have been a way more well-liked character as a non-PoV. Another mistake I made was making Marak a PoV in Chapter 1 of the story. I don't regret making him a PoV, I just think his storyline would have worked way better in terms of pacing if I had introduced him in Chapter 3 or 4.

If so hiw do you deal with that?

It's hard to correct these sort of mistakes. I can't go back on these parts and rewrite them, not after everyone already read them. In most cases, the slow overall tempo of the storyline greatly helps me, by giving me enough time to think of alternative solutions. For example, I was struggling to write stuff for Marak, for a similar reason I was struggling with Lyria, but a bit of a break from his character gave me just the idea I needed and starting with Chapter 3, I stirred him into the direction he is on today.

As a counter to one of my previous questions, have you had a character you despise due to their actions, personality or behavior?

I can firmly say that I loathe Clayton more than any other character in the story. He's an abusive shitbag and writing the constant torment he puts Kersea through has filled me with a deep sympathy for her and a disgust for him. And trust me when I say he hasn't even done the worst yet. Also, Harren Hoare is a logical choice. I see Harmund as even worse than his father could ever be. And Mullendore of course. He is meant to show that you can have a noble and well-intentioned end goal and still be someone who deserves no kind of sympathy or understanding at all.

If so, does that give you any trouble writting them?

Not at all. Quite the contrary. As much as I hate these characters in terms of their personality, actions and behaviour, I love writing them. They have led to some of the most intense moments in the entire story and I really thrive in writing them, as disturbing as their actions are. In this sort of thing, I hate what they do, but I love that I have them at my disposal to do these things, if that makes sense. And well, if they get their karmic comeuppance, like Mullendore in the latest part, it is something that is just glorious to write for me.

Have you ever accepted a 'joke' character into the story?

Not exactly. Dimitri the Wise might be the goofiest character I accepted and while he is not the most serious character, he is not a joke character either. The real joke characters, like the well-known Ser Jar-Jar of Binks, will never appear in a canonical FoT part.

Has a choice made by the readers ever given you trouble in the story?

Several indeed, though right now it is hard to recall them. One interesting thing I do remember is that some of your choices as Jenna have so far prevented me from doing anything at all with the character Federico Snow, who is a guardsman at the castle and who only appeared in a handful of scenes. This makes it harder for me to develop him. At other times, you almost picked choices I never thought you'd pick, like letting Wolfius go because he "promised" he wouldn't harm Arthur, or having Raenna almost abandoning Terroma after they met in Chapter 5, but you dodged some bullets there. I learned from these and if a choice has the potential to give me trouble with the story and to destroy my plans, I rather decide to give you a different choice instead. For example, I need Garthon together with the other Ironborn on their way to Raylansfair, so I never gave you the choice to accompany Torvin or not.

And finally (again) has there ever been a character that, just by being added, has changed a large portion of the story?

Yes. Oh yes, some characters, even some who right now appear to be minor, have genuinely changed the story to dramatic degrees. The whole war in Oldtown and the way it affecs not only this city, but Raylansfair as well, was a result of Maron Mullendore being submitted. Without him, I would have never had the idea for Butterfly, which in turn would have never given me the idea for the Burned Man as his counterpart. I'd even say, he is the most important submission of them all, because his actions affected roughly 80% of the characters in the entire story. Another character, whom I can't spoil yet, is the sole reason we're even going to have an Essos storyline in Book 2, so this character is responsible for single-handedly introducing a whole continent in the story. Other examples are, the character of Alys is responsible for the existance of the Edrick subplot and Willfred is going to majorly affect a large portion of the future storyline simply because he exists in the story.

Lord_EAA posted: »

Great answers. I LOVE seeing you describe how you deal with these situations. Anyway what i meant with the last question is: Do you write

• Oh boy, I missed quite a bit. But I think I managed to catch up to everything. I'm really happy with the direction of the story, this is a great set up for a lot of parties. And the toll of death is starting to wear on me a little :(

Welcome back, Nightshroud! I am happy that you managed to catch up again :)

I'm not really feeling for Ser Edrick, well not yet anyway. I'm putting into consideration though that he is getting set up for the next chapter, but still this chapter was weak for him. Richard didn't do anything this chapter, arguably the entire co. didn't. I would have liked to see them advance in the Wolfius storyline, but I guess now wasn't the time.

Edrick's next chapter will probably have a similar pacing, but this is setting things up for big events in his future. They might be not the most exciting to read, but they are necessary for a big pay-off. Richard is right indeed, he merely set up his storyline in the next chapter, the same goes for Ilish. Wolfius meanwhile has advanced a tiny bit. It was established that he is in poor condition and in prison, where he awaits execution, but after the massive role he had in previous chapters, I felt it necessary to give him less of a front seat this time.

Jaron, simply because of that finale. Probably your finest work of detail of fighting and a great effort put into every character. This was excellent and I haven't felt this tensed up since the Butterfly warehouse fight. Raenna, getting more backstory and going on a dangerous mission really did it for me. Can't deny that I enjoyed it from the beginning to the end. I also really liked the rebellion aftermath, seems like King Harren is after something very particular.

Happy to hear it, especially what you said about Jaron. I'm currently reading a book (The Dread Wyrm, by Miles Cameron) that is written by a guy who is really into swordplay and reenacting historical battles in his free time and he has literally breathtaking detail in the fight scenes in his novels. That made me realize that my fighting scenes have been lacking quite a bit in terms of detail and intensity and I have been trying my best to improve in this finale. Apparently, I succeeded.

Did Drent even get a part? He probably has, but I can barely remember any of them simply because I don't think it advanced the story. Although I do like his character, but right now he seems irrelevant since the big boys (the Tyrells, Reyenes, Raylansfair co. etc) are getting involved. Maybe Jenna, her storyline might be going the right direction to become a likeable character, but I don't believe this was enough for her.

Drent had three parts in this chapter, but they have all been towards the end and I think you missed voting for all of them. His storyline in this chapter is not that important and was mostly a more calmer section, to develop the characters of Edonia, Garen, Montclair and especially Tariel even further. In general, he is very important as the PoV the closest to the Storm Princess and through her, to House Durrandon in general. In terms of power, Argella is by far the strongest person in Raylansfair right now, who downright eclipses even characters like Lord Tyrell, but through Drent's PoV (not in this chapter, but heavily in Chapter 5) I can also develop her into different directions. And well, Drent is going to have some extremely important stuff to do later on, for which this build-up is absolutely necessary.

The finale. I must say that I'm seeing a trend here. Regardless of the chapter or which storyline, you do a great job of creating and writing an awesome finale with a cliffhanger. I get hooked every time I read them and I'm always left smiling and even reconsider reading them at some point during the day. The Samuel and Raenna fights were fantastic, I think everyone (except for Terroma) came out unscathed.

This is great! The final parts of a chapter are always clear highlights and I try to push the most dramatic events into them, so I'm glad that you enjoyed them so much. As for the Samuel/Raenna fights, there were also a couple of mooks who definitely didn't come out unscathed ;) You're right though, the only one who was wounded on Raenna's side was Terroma.

Surprisingly, I barely disliked anything. A lot of the issues from the last chapter were fixed here. More screen time for everyone, exciting storylines, more build up and characterization. Since I'm getting more inactive in the forums, I generally read a bunch of posts altogether, so a lack of content isn't an issue.

Ah, I see I managed to fix these issues you had with the previous chapter. I hope I continue to deliver :) Also, I hope you're not getting inactive on the story in general, because your input is always greatly appreciated. I think your criticism of the last chapter really helped me improving this one. By the way, one thing I meant to ask for a while now, what happened with your story? I greatly liked the suspense and the direction it was heading into, but do I assume correctly, that it appears to be cancelled?

Keep doing what you're doing, because you're doing it right! The next chapter is probably going to focus a lot more on Oldtown since Raenna and Jaron are there. I'm pretty excited to read through it all and I can't wait to read all the different choices. And once again Liquid, thanks for delivering such an amazing story on the forums. :)

And thank you for reading :D As for Oldtown, it is actually going to have less focus in the next chapter, because Raenna will be with Terroma in the Reach, chasing after Noelle and Marak. This leaves Jaron the last remaining PoV in Oldtown. This whole act had a large focus on Oldtown, but the next one is putting Raylansfair in the spotlight. That said, Oldtown is going to continue being important.

Oh boy, I missed quite a bit. But I think I managed to catch up to everything. I'm really happy with the direction of the story, this is a g

• Hey Liquid will Davith be with Raenna's group for the next chapter?

• Glad to be back

Welcome back, Bounden, it's great that you're caught up again Indeed, you're back just in time. The finale (which has indeed a length of around 4 parts) is going to be out at some point in the next two hours.

• Yes, Davith will be a member of Raenna's group in the next chapter and appear in her parts. He feels like he owes her and Terroma after they helped him escape from the labyrinth, so he decided to help them during their hunt for Noelle and Marak. They also have a similar direction, since Noelle is bringing Ellena north, while Davith ultimately plans to head for Raylansfair, to reunite with Samantha and Sasha.

xSensus posted: »

Hey Liquid will Davith be with Raenna's group for the next chapter?

• Welcome back, Nightshroud! I am happy that you managed to catch up again :)

Thank you! I'm sorry if it appears I'm missing or just vanished, but I'm having a really hard time balancing my academic, social, gaming life plus my part time job. I will always go back to read the parts I missed, however it all depends on the circumstances I'm facing during the week. By the way, I hoped that I can wish you a speedy recovery and I'm glad that your okay after your surgery :)

Ah, I see I managed to fix these issues you had with the previous chapter. I hope I continue to deliver :) Also, I hope you're not getting inactive on the story in general, because your input is always greatly appreciated. I think your criticism of the last chapter really helped me improving this one.

I'm glad to hear that! I'm never hating on any of your work, I just point them because they may bother me. Always going to stick around.

By the way, one thing I meant to ask for a while now, what happened with your story? I greatly liked the suspense and the direction it was heading into, but do I assume correctly, that it appears to be cancelled?

Unfortunately to my busy schedule, I'm having a really hard time just attempting to write another part. But not to worry, I definitely do plan to start continuing where I left off and sadly, I feel very bad about this. I haven't continued since November! I may have gotten a little rusty and I'm sure that some of the audience members probably don't care anymore, but that is the punishment I deserve for not completing it. I most probably will start writing again during early June, so if you're still interested, I'll message you when the story is back up again! :D

Oh boy, I missed quite a bit. But I think I managed to catch up to everything. I'm really happy with the direction of the story, this is a g

• Woah hardcore _ Im speachless...i dont have words for this amazing final

“Bloody bastard”, Jaylon spat and put his helmet on. It was a heavy helmet, the whole armour was heavy and Jaron gulped. Usually, his speed

• Will John and Daghan appear in the next chapter? :0

• Almost all of the Js died in this chapter. First Jarek, then Jaylon, and almost Jaron. I'm kinda wish Martin would've ran instead of Jaron, cause he was my favored character, but he wouldn't have made it far since he would have died of wounds. Overall it was a great chapter and a even better Act. Don't want to know what happened to Burning man cause I just want everyone still alive to get out of Oldtown. And Mullendore better be dead or I'll be seriously bummed. Hopefully Ayden escaped just so he can have a final moment with Taria before he dies of his wounds that he probably got escaping. Also kinda upset that Roach stole the letter which lead to Himani's death, but I think it was kinda necessary for Harpy to get to Mullendore and stab him. So at least he dead igniting the fire within Harpy. Hopefully we'll get to see a new lovable street thief soon coughcough. But seriously, RIP Martin. Oldtown couldn't handle your drunken badassness.

“Bloody bastard”, Jaylon spat and put his helmet on. It was a heavy helmet, the whole armour was heavy and Jaron gulped. Usually, his speed

• Who were your favourite characters in Chapter 6 and all of Act 2?
    Leonard as always, Martin, Rodger Hill, Kyra Greyjoy was enjoyable, and I actually really enjoyed seeing Jaro(Or was it I'lan, whoever the one who interogated the Second Son) and hope to see a little more of him. Didn't mention any of my own character because I automatically like them.

Who were your least favourite characters in Chapter 6 and all of Act 2?
    Wilifred was kinda annoying, so has Lucas but understandable. God damn Roach just made me so mad with his darn roachness thieving.

What were your favourite storylines in Chapter 6 and all of Act 2?
    Raenna, Sadie, Garthon, and Arthur.

What were your least favourite storylines in Chapter 6 and all of Act 2?
    Ellena, Willifred, and Jenna.

What has been your favourite chapter in Act 2?
    I really liked raenna's finale chapter with the kiss. They are a cute couple.
    What has been your favourite part and your favourite moment in Chapter 6 and all of Act 2?**
    So hard to decide with all the great parts.

Is there anything you disliked?
    Nope
    Do you have further advice, anything you'd like to see more, anything you're anticipating in Act 3, or anything that just does not fit into the previous questions?**
    Keep on keeping on.

It's over... Oh my god, I can't believe it is actually over. And I can't believe how much I wrote today. Oh what a day, what a lovely day. A

1. I'm really intrigued with Mathea's character and her skills. Roach, Davith, and Daghan are other characters that I'm looking forward to seeing. Clayton is definitely one of my most favorite villains alongside the Tom.

2. I find Garen to get on my nerves a lot. He just needs to control his temper.

3. Maya is slowly climbing up the ladder as one of my favorites. Especially with how her story arc ended this chapter. Of course Marak's story has got me excited for the next chapter with the rivalry of Noelle and Terroma.

4. Probably Torvin's overall in this act. I would say Sadie's storyline this chapter just because nothing much has happened but maybe that will change in Act 3 since she's been given a mission.

5. I really liked all of them, but I was too thrilled with the Maron Mullendore = Butterfly plot twist at the end of chapter four so I think I'll have to go with that one.

6. The Lyria vs Wofius showdown was really awesome as well as the overall hunt between the Raylansfair residents and Kersea, Alysanne and Clayton. Oh and last but not least, this finale. The intensity of Wofius holding Rosalie hostage in Lyria's storyline really worried me. Hopefully her wounds will heal.

7. Not anything in particular I disliked but I was wondering how the three parts per post will work. Will they be there to conclude certain story arcs or for something else?

8. Will we get to see Lord Royce again in the future? We only saw him once in Maya's storyline but for some reason he's been on the back of my mind for a while. Also crossing my fingers that Wofius' execution will happen.

No, you shouldn't be thanking us. We should be thanking you for writing this story and taking us on this adventure! This story has its most intense moments in that "grab your popcorn and hanging on to the edge of your seat" kind of way. C:

It's over... Oh my god, I can't believe it is actually over. And I can't believe how much I wrote today. Oh what a day, what a lovely day. A

• I'm kinda wish Martin would've ran instead of Jaron, cause he was my favored character, but he wouldn't have made it far since he would have died of wounds.

You're right, Martin wouldn't have made it very far. Saving Jaron was the only thing he was still able to do. But even if he wouldn't have been wounded, it would have been unlikely for him to run, considering that the Tom killed Keira.

And Mullendore better be dead or I'll be seriously bummed.

The last we've seen of him was in critical condition. He lost an eye, his leg got fucked up and worst of it all, Harpy stabbed him in the side with the broken spear. As the most powerful man in Oldtown, he has access to the best healers, but even they can't do any miracles.

Hopefully Ayden escaped just so he can have a final moment with Taria before he dies of his wounds that he probably got escaping.

Ayden's fate is definitely going to be revealed in the next chapter, for the better or the worse.

Also kinda upset that Roach stole the letter which lead to Himani's death, but I think it was kinda necessary for Harpy to get to Mullendore and stab him. So at least he dead igniting the fire within Harpy.

Indeed, Roach's actions led to a chain of unfortunate events that culminated into this finale. At the same time, it was Himani's brutal and unnecessary death that drove Harpy to stab Mullendore. She was ready to die there, but seeing this amount of cruelty against a child made her content to take Mullendore down with her. That way, it was actually not Mullendore's brightest move to provoke her like that.

Hopefully we'll get to see a new lovable street thief soon

Hehe, not exactly too soon, but soon-ish. As a matter of fact, he's going to be part of the Oldtown storyline ;)

Bounden posted: »

Almost all of the Js died in this chapter. First Jarek, then Jaylon, and almost Jaron. I'm kinda wish Martin would've ran instead of Jaron,

• Yes, John and Daghan will both appear in the next chapter :) I don't know yet how long John's storyline is going to be, but Daghan is also planned to appear in the storyline of another PoV.

Xemnes posted: »

Will John and Daghan appear in the next chapter? :0

• and I actually really enjoyed seeing Jaro(Or was it I'lan, whoever the one who interogated the Second Son) and hope to see a little more of him.

That was I'lian, glad to see he left an impression. Both, he and Jaro are going to continue gaining importance in the next chapter.

Raenna, Sadie, Garthon, and Arthur.

I'm happy to see Sadie in here. I said it before, the pacing of her parts wasn't the best, though I liked her individual parts. The next chapter is going to be where her storyline really starts, so I hope you're continuing to like her.

Keep on keeping on.

I definitely will, thanks for the input :)

Bounden posted: »

Who were your favourite characters in Chapter 6 and all of Act 2? Leonard as always, Martin, Rodger Hill, Kyra Greyjoy was enjoyable, and I

• When will the alternate choices be up?

• I find Garen to get on my nerves a lot. He just needs to control his temper.

It is indeed a problem, for him and for everyone around. Drent's choices in prior chapters made it worse, especially the choice to breach his trust by ratting him out to the princess. We'll see if he learns to control it.

The Lyria vs Wofius showdown was really awesome as well as the overall hunt between the Raylansfair residents and Kersea, Alysanne and Clayton. Oh and last but not least, this finale. The intensity of Wofius holding Rosalie hostage in Lyria's storyline really worried me. Hopefully her wounds will heal.

I'm glad to see that Lyria left an impression on you. She's the storyline I'm the least satisfied with, but I am happy that it has not been a complete failure. A couple of moments that should hopefully be intriguing are still planned for her.

Not anything in particular I disliked but I was wondering how the three parts per post will work. Will they be there to conclude certain story arcs or for something else?

Usually, I try my best to fit one part into one post. This one has been exceptional in its length and I don't have anything of similar length planned again. Though, this one was never planned to be that long either, it just naturally evolved. I think if it happens again that a part will require more than two posts, it will be for big and important parts that conclude story arcs, like this one.

Will we get to see Lord Royce again in the future? We only saw him once in Maya's storyline but for some reason he's been on the back of my mind for a while. Also crossing my fingers that Wofius' execution will happen.

Indeed, Lord Royce is going to reappear in the early book 2. There will be a new PoV in the Vale, since Maya is still in Raylansfair, and this PoV will interact with Royce. I also hope to flesh him out as a character a bit better beyond him just being the enigmatic and creepy guy in charge.

No, you shouldn't be thanking us. We should be thanking you for writing this story and taking us on this adventure! This story has its most intense moments in that "grab your popcorn and hanging on to the edge of your seat" kind of way. C:

Hearing this means a lot. And well, I still have to thank you, because without having my readers, I wouldn't have much fun in writing either. Stay tuned, the next chapter should have some very intense moments, some of which I've been building up for a long time :)

StarKing789 posted: »

* I'm really intrigued with Mathea's character and her skills. Roach, Davith, and Daghan are other characters that I'm looking forward to se

• Probably tomorrow. I've started to write them, but I have a bit of other stuff to do today, so kinda limited time. But they should be up tomorrow at latest and the next chapter should begin on Wednesday.

xSensus posted: »

When will the alternate choices be up?

• InGen_Nate_KennyInGen_Nate_Kenny Moderator
    edited May 2016

Reminded me of the Wolf Among Us alley fight in the setting. Very good, very good. Glad some of my "favorite" characters died.

Although I'm disappointed Jaron didn't die. I would have liken that. It would have worked well.

I did think Martin staying behind was good. Glad to see Jaylon is dead.

• Roman narrowed his eyes, just as Vaasrand suddenly put a hand onto the hilt of his sword. “So, that's how you want to do it, monster hunter?”, he spat. “Take our gold, lure us out here, then kill us?” Only Richard saw that Vaasrand wasn't looking at Roman. He was looking at something behind him.

Must go faster.

Just barely, Samantha managed to parry her opponent's strike and once again, she cursed her new weapons. The balance with these small axes was horrible and she saw that Sasha was struggling with her new sword as well. Slowly, both women back away from their opponents, closer to each other, until their backs touched. “Any ideas?”, Samantha hissed and Sasha shook her head. “Aside from taking as many with us as possible?”, she asked in return. “Try to die a clean death”

Curious on who they are fighting.

“I've been awaiting you, Old Man”, the priestess purred in a deceptively warm tone, while her massive bodyguard clutched his axe. “Come closer, into the light. Warm yourself at our fire, for the night is dark and full of terrors” Even though she was sure that she was invisible in the darkness, Raenna could swear that the priestess looked directly at her while she said this.

Terroma approached her and as he answered, Raenna froze in terror. The tone in his voice... This was a man pushed beyond his breaking point. A very dangerous man, a man who had just given up on controlling his inner beast. “The night might be dark, priestess”, he said and his voice redefined the absence of warmth. “But I am the only terror you have to fear”

Terroma and Raenna confronting Noelle and Marak after Briar is burned?

Next time on Forum of Thrones “We're finding him. We have to, there's no other way!”, she said decisively, even though she was barely a

• That is actually worry some news if he is apart of Oldtown. Rip in his future.

I'm kinda wish Martin would've ran instead of Jaron, cause he was my favored character, but he wouldn't have made it far since he would have

• edited May 2016

Glad to read again. Here are even more questions (im sorry, i know you've answered a lot)

"This is hard to answer"

That actually surprised me. Is it complicated or just a long explination?

How do you determine how a character should die? Do you base it on karma, irony or something else?

Do you think you could ever go against Got canon in the story?

How do you chose which P.O.V to do next? Is it based on how you feel that day, some long story plan or just character preference?

Will you ever use magical elements to affect a character physically or mentaly?

(And since im running out here are some weird ones)

How much do a characters sexual attributes ( Sadism, Nymphomania, etc) take effect when writting them?

Do you ever feel a moment in the story has been unintencionally funny?

Would you ever consider putting a character like Samantha in a relationship?

Who are the two characters that like each other the most?

Which are the two characters that hate each other the most?

Which characters have the most complicated relationship?

I got some more but i think i have given you enough :)

Great answers. I LOVE seeing you describe how you deal with these situations. And I love answering questions Whenever you have one,

• InGen_Nate_KennyInGen_Nate_Kenny Moderator
    edited May 2016

Who were your favorite characters in Chapter 6 and all of Act 2? Leonard Leonard Leonard. Lucas. Samantha and Sasha are fine I guess. While I enjoyed the Oldtown storyline, I don't think those characters are in my top 5 right now. I also enjoy Marak. Irving my man.

Who were your least favorite characters in Chapter 6 and all of Act 2? Mullendore, the Tom, Moggy, etc. Jaylon, well, nothing to worry about anymore. There's something off about Raenna. I don't know what though. The Harkings too.

What were your favorite storylines in Chapter 6 and all of Act 2? Oldtown storyline was great, I enjoyed the knights return to Raylansfair. Also, Riverlands storyline.

What were your least favorite storylines in Chapter 6 and all of Act 2? Eh, maybe it was because it was kind of far, new, and I guess unrelated, but the Northern stuff. I liked the characters, but the other storylines are connected somewhat, this one, unless I missed or forgotten something (I wouldn't be surprised) kind of isn't.

What has been your favorite chapter in Act 2? If I remember what happens in it, "Butterfly". Really good stuff in it. Excellent read.

What has been your favorite part and your favorite moment in Chapter 6 and all of Act 2? Chapter 6 is probably the end part, very tense. Now again, if I remember correctly, Butterfly's reveal is in "Butterfly" if it's in this act. Still one of the most powerful moments in the story.

Is there anything you disliked? I don't really. Nothing I really disliked, besides some choices don't get voted :(

Also, there's so many people with "Ja-" as their first two letters its really confusing and somewhat annoying. There was 3 in this part alone.

Do you have further advice, anything you'd like to see more, anything you're anticipating in Act 3, or anything that just does not fit into the previous questions? Dimitri the Wise. I want to see him again. Truth be told, I saw his name again and I started laughing. Would like to see him more. I anticipate fallout out from the events of this part. The beast hunt sounds like it'll be fun.

Leonard Hill

Another bastard Leonard? What the fuck? I demand to know when he's showing up so we can kill him.

I think I asked this a while ago, but did you play Michonne yet?

• That actually surprised me. Is it complicated or just a long explination?

Complicated. Though I acutally meant to give an explanation, I simply wrote down the first sentence and then moved on to other answers first, before totally forgetting to continue asking this particular question XD Let me answer it now. It depends. Whenever I see a new character, the first thing I think about is, when I can introduce them the earliest. Their location limits the storylines they can appear in. Then, I think about a good time when to introduce them. With some, it'll happen very fast. Others meanwhile are going to take a long while until I can fully introduce them. In the end, I introduce these characters when it feels right, so it is kind of hard to explain in detail.

How do you determine how a character should die? Do you base it on karma, irony or something else?

It depends on the character. I do like karmic deaths, but I can't overdo this trope or else it gets cliche. Instead, I consider the surrounding events of of their deaths and I consider who kills them. If Mullendore kills someone for example, it is always messy, because so far all of his victims had to suffer before dying and his victims absolutely never deserve it. I think in the end I had exactly one death that was a bit ironic, and it was Robb's. After an entire chapter antagonizing Jaron and Harpy and being a huge pain in their ass, he heroically fights Butterfly to the death to save both of them. In general though, the nature of a character's death is less important to me. It's the when and why that matters.

Do you think you could ever go against Got canon in the story?

Yes. You know I was ready to do it in the Harren choice, even though I preferred staying canon with this one because Harren is a delightfully evil villain who has so much more charisma than Harmund. If you want to call it charisma. Presence might be a better word. However, there is one detail I will change in the later story. In the grand scale of things, it won't be that important, as the end results will be the same. However, I have to do this change to include one epic moment in the story that would canonically happen only years after the other big moments of the story. This event will happen exactly as it happened in the canon, just roughly 8 years earlier. Other than that, I try to stay as true to the canon as possible.

How do you chose which P.O.V to do next? Is it based on how you feel that day, some long story plan or just character preference?

Depends on the situation. At times, I write because I want to write about one particular character. There is also a larger plan I keep in mind, though it does not strictly determine which PoV comes after which. Finally, there is the factor of how long it has been since we've last seen this particular character.

Do you ever use magical elements to affect a character physically or mentaly?

Yes. The most active and powerful user of magic in the story is Noelle and it has been heavily implied that she used her powers to place some sort of spell upon Darren to help her, though the same failed with Harris. Marak also has the opinion that he got bewitched by her, though he's Marak, so take that with a grain of salt. Other than that... you'll have to wait and see ;)

How much do a characters sexual attributes ( Sadism, Nymphomania, etc) take effect when writting them?

It depends on the character and wether or not sexuality is important to them and in their current situation. Sor example, I have a couple of characters who are sadistic, Harmund Hoare and Mullendore probably taking the cake, and both are outright confirmed to be serial rapists.

Do you ever feel a moment in the story has been unintencionally funny?

Not that I could recall, no. Is there any moment you found unintentionally funny?

Would you ever consider putting a character like Samantha in a relationship?

Sure thing. First, there has to be a character she would fit well with. Not every character in the story will have a relationship, but it is definitely a possibility. Naturally, in Samantha's case her sexual orientation limits her possible partners, as not every woman in the story is attracted to other women. But there are more than enough for me to choose from and it is entirely possible that I decide to give her a bit of happiness.

Who are the two characters that like each other the most?

In a romantic way, it's Jaron and Harpy without a doubt, especially after the events of the finale. They rely on each other and depend on each other to make it through the current events. When it comes to friendship, I'd say Lucas and Leonard have become best friends, forged by fire. Even though they started off a bit rocky, by the time Lucas got captured, Leonard has not hesitated to push himself beyond his limits to save him and Lucas would have done the same. And in terms of family, for all their flaws, it's Argilac and Argella Durrandon. The Storm King would do literally anything for his daughter and in turn, he is by far the most important person in her life.

Which are the two characters that hate each other the most?

Kersea and Clayton quite possibly. With Clayton, it's more of a love-hate thing, but her hatred is more than enough to make up for whatever affection Clayton has left for her. Also, Mullendore and Harpy, Mullendore and Lucas, Mullendore and Leonard. You get the picture. Everyone hates Mullendore and I'm not sure who hates him the most, Harpy or Lucas.

Which characters have the most complicated relationship?

Again, Kersea and Clayton, because his side of the relationship is far more complicated than simple hate. It's love, turned to hate, mistaken for love, felt by someone who might as well be unable to feel genuine love.

I got some more but i think i have given you enough :)

Keep them coming! It might just take me a bit to answer, because there is so much to answer right now XD

Lord_EAA posted: »

Glad to read again. Here are even more questions (im sorry, i know you've answered a lot) "This is hard to answer" That actually s

• Thank you! I'm sorry if it appears I'm missing or just vanished, but I'm having a really hard time balancing my academic, social, gaming life plus my part time job. I will always go back to read the parts I missed, however it all depends on the circumstances I'm facing during the week. By the way, I hoped that I can wish you a speedy recovery and I'm glad that your okay after your surgery :)

Ah, I see! It's good to hear that you haven't left the forums though :) As for my recovery, I'm indeed feeling very well today. Tomorrow, I'll have the stitches removed and then I'm better than before.

I'm glad to hear that! I'm never hating on any of your work, I just point them because they may bother me. Always going to stick around.

I know, you have been one of the few to actually point out a relatively big thing that bothered them and I liked that greatly. It helped me to improve, so I always appreciate your input.

Unfortunately to my busy schedule, I'm having a really hard time just attempting to write another part. But not to worry, I definitely do plan to start continuing where I left off and sadly, I feel very bad about this. I haven't continued since November! I may have gotten a little rusty and I'm sure that some of the audience members probably don't care anymore, but that is the punishment I deserve for not completing it. I most probably will start writing again during early June, so if you're still interested, I'll message you when the story is back up again! :D

I see, I see. I think some readers should still be around, though I know for sure that some have left the forums. I for example am still around and I am still interested. If it helps, I could also give you a new shout-out once you have the time to write again. And yeah, it would be much appreciated if you could keep me updated once it's back up :)

Welcome back, Nightshroud! I am happy that you managed to catch up again Thank you! I'm sorry if it appears I'm missing or just van

• Mullendore, the Tom, Moggy, etc. Jaylon, well, nothing to worry about anymore. There's something off about Raenna. I don't know what though. The Harkings too.

Still don't like the Harkings, huh? Perhaps it'll change. Yes, perhaps it'll indeed change, at least in the case of Jenna, once she has finished her current character development arc. I don't see Harpy in your list but I remember that you used to hate her, have you forgotten to include her or has she managed to get back to neutral after her little stunt with Mullendore?

Eh, maybe it was because it was kind of far, new, and I guess unrelated, but the Northern stuff. I liked the characters, but the other storylines are connected somewhat, this one, unless I missed or forgotten something (I wouldn't be surprised) kind of isn't.

The Northern storyline is connected to Alys in the Riverlands, because Edrick is looking for her. She in turn is, through Edward Anturion, connected to Raylansfair and Harrenhal. The one storyline that has no connections to the others is Sadie's in the Rock, though Edrick's in the North is only tangentially related to the others as well for now. This will change for both of them.

Chapter 6 is probably the end part, very tense. Now again, if I remember correctly, Butterfly's reveal is in "Butterfly" if it's in this act. Still one of the most powerful moments in the story.

The Butterfly reveal was indeed in the chapter of the same name. Might as well still be my favourite moment in the story, I am glad it left such an impression :)

Also, there's so many people with "Ja-" as their first two letters its really confusing and somewhat annoying. There was 3 in this part alone.

It's true. There was a reason I killed two of them off in this part :D Though I agree, this can get confusing and I usually try to avoid it as good as possible. It was even more confusing with Samuel Puffer and Samuel Harrington, though I ended up consequentially calling one of them by his last name. I can already reveal that Leonard is never going to share a scene with Leonard and Leonard.

Another bastard Leonard? What the fuck? I demand to know when he's showing up so we can kill him.

Hehe, I knew you'd say that. I was just surprised you found him that quickly. I have the feeling you might like this particular Leonard though, aside from his name. Though, if it helps in winning you over, he's going to be referred as Leo by friends.

I think I asked this a while ago, but did you play Michonne yet?

Not yet. I wanted to play it now that the third episode is out, but after my stay at the hospital, I had to focus on writing first. I have heard it is quite short though, so I will probably wait until it is on Sale. The Steam Summer Sale should start in a few weeks, so that's going to be the time I play Michonne. I'm greatly looking forward for it!

Who were your favorite characters in Chapter 6 and all of Act 2? Leonard Leonard Leonard. Lucas. Samantha and Sasha are fine I guess. While

• There is?

That actually surprised me. Is it complicated or just a long explination? Complicated. Though I acutally meant to give an explanatio

• I didn't have enough time so I only caught up with the story today. I must say that the ending is absolutely fascinating. You're an extremely talented writer, Ted, and I just don't know what will I do after "Forum of Thrones" will come to the very end.

I wish I could say more good words but I just lost the sense of reality.

• edited May 2016

I just realized that Jaron killed one of the few of Butterflys men that have a conscience.

• edited May 2016

He did indeed. Jaylon wasn't all bad, as Chapter 5 proved. Many of Butterfly's men share either his peculiar sense of morality, or are the kind of person naturally drawn to the violent acts he commits. Jaylon was neither, just a guy who was looking for a place in life who ultimately made one terrible decision after the other, which ultimately led to his undoing. He had potential to do good and bad and with a bit of guidance from someone who is not Mullendore, he could have become a far better person. Jaron even stated that he had no hatred for Jaylon in the end, though neither of them had a choice in this. Originally, I have actually planned for Jaylon to survive and to continue his road to either redemption or fullblown villainy, though the moment I first considered his death in this part, it felt just as right to have his bad decisions catch up to him at this point.

AgentZ46 posted: »

I just realized that Jaron killed one of the few of Butterflys men that have a conscience.

• Thank you for saying that, it means a lot to hear that you enjoy the story so much :)

and I just don't know what will I do after "Forum of Thrones" will come to the very end.

Well, the way the story is progressing, I bet we're all be around retirement age by the time Book 3 ends XD We're nearing the endgame of Book 1, but there's a lot more to come.

I didn't have enough time so I only caught up with the story today. I must say that the ending is absolutely fascinating. You're an extremel

• Oh. Am I hyped.for the next parts. Can't wait to see my man.

• Well, the way the story is progressing, I bet we're all be around retirement age by the time Book 3 ends XD

As weird and unimaginable it sounds, I will be happy if the story last so long :-PP Like, kids of the characters we know now having their role to play... this would be nice actually, to go so far in the future to see the generations.

Thank you for saying that, it means a lot to hear that you enjoy the story so much and I just don't know what will I do after "Forum

• After coming back from along time of not reading, i have to say. I'm impressed....Jenna Harking is still alive. (Also great to see that the story is going strong as always, Keep up the good work!=)

• Totally Leonard.

And I have "some evidence" to back it up. A while ago you mentioned giving him a brief single POV part, so yeah.

Betting one dollar right here.

Correct, I can't do that now. It would give away said characters survival in the next chapter, so I can't reveal the name until the chapter (or at least the storyline this character is going to appear in), is over.

• Alternative Choices: Chapter VI

Lucas I:

[Focus on Harris]

This choice would have had major consequences on the way the entire rest of Book 1 plays out. Instead of allying with Harris, Lucas and Leonard would have tried everything in their power to take him down, exposing his crimes at the first possible opportunity. For this, they would have teamed up with Darren and would have taken Harris captive. In the end of Lucas' Chapter 6 storyline, instead of planning their next steps together with Harris, they would have dragged him to the Great Hall, where Harlen Tyrell and Argella, as well as the gathered smallfolk of Raylansfair would have been present to hear Harris' confession and it would have ended with him being thrown into the cells. Depending on your other choices in this chapter, Alyard would have confronted Lucas in the Great Hall, which would have meant a couple of additional factors in their fight, including a lot of guards, people like Willfred or Emphryus who might have intervened, whereas Harlen and Argella would have tried to prevent a fight from taking place. Lucas would have been unable to choose between killing or sparing Aylard, as this fight would have ended with Aylard being knocked down by the guards and taken away to the cells.

Maya I:

[Choose Aldrik as the lookout]

This was a big decision for Maya's storyline. Aldrik would have stayed awake and warned them about approaching guards, which would have resulted in neither Gregar nor Keat being taken captured. This means, Maya's mission would have ended as a success. In turn however, Irving would have been extremely disappointed in her refusal to give him a chance and he would have given up on his hopes of overcoming his flaws. This means that he would have continued to be more of a hindrance to Maya in future chapters and would have shown little motivation to impress her.

Ellena I:

[Stay aboard the ship]

Even if it may seems that this choice would have prevented Himani's capture, it would have actually just prevented Ellena from having much of a storyline in this chapter. Himani would have left and would have appeared in Marak's storyline, where he would have been captured by the Alley Cats without any chance of being saved. Ellena would have remained aboard the ship and interacted with Talea and the captain, which would have given Marak another part, in which you would have not only learned about Himani's capture, but in which Marak would have also ultimately succeeded with capturing her. In such a part, Marak would have actually ended up slaughtering his way through the crew, killing Talea and the captain in the process, which would have driven him way further into fullblown villainy.

John I:

[Approach Harris and tell him about the Targaryen spy in his castle]

This would have started a new storyline in which John would have been tasked with hunting down said Targaryen spy. In the remaining chapter, he would have been an enemy of both, Daghan and Saerya. Depending on your choices, Saerya's identity as the Targaryen spy could have been uncovered in the next chapter, after which Daghan would have utterly hated John. Such a choice would have had negative consequences in the long run, as Daghan, and through him House Targaryen, would have been massively pissed at him.

[Approach Daghan and offer your help]

This would have caused Daghan and John to become full allies. Not much would have changed in this chapter, but John would have worked closely together with Daghan, Saerya and Jenna as well, to achieve the Targaryen goals in Raylansfair. In the short run, he and Daghan would have started to become some sort of bros. In the long run, this option would have been highly beneficial for him and his group.

Arthur I:

[Try to encourage Mathea to treat Wolfius]

This option would have impressed Mathea. As you know, she already made up her mind, so the only thing that would have changed would have been the interaction between Arthur and Mathea. If this option would have won, they would have started to grow more friendly towards each other, whereas the option to convince her to leave Wolfius left her somewhat disappointed in the end.

[Let her make her own decision]

This would have been a neutral option. Mathea would have still treated Wolfius and she would have appreciated Arthur's choice to let her make her own decision, but not much would have changed in the short and long run.

Sadie I:

[Bet on Baelor]

The big difference here would have been that Sadie would have won some money. Also, Gyles wouldn't have called Blane over to their table to talk. This would have given Sadie less of a reason to potentially seek him out later in her storyline. Instead, Dan would have offered the option to try to gain the interest of either Blane, or Gyles himself, while Sadie would have still brought up the possibility of seeking help from Baelor.

[Refuse to bet]

This would have made Gyles slightly suspicious of her and Sadie wouldn't have won any money. The rest of the consequences would have played out like the abovementioned alternative route.

Edrick I:

[Drop the matter and let it be]

Leo would have appreciated this outcome, as he felt a bit uncomfortable talking about his suspicions towards Dante. It would have also given you less exposition on Dante and the way some people see him. Leo's low opinion on him would have been revealed later, in Chapter 7.

Jaron I:

[Ask for more time to think about it - Postpone the decision]

With the chapter finale around, you can probably imagine that not much would have changed in the long run. It is true that nothing would have changed in this chapter. The Burned Man would have understood and would have given Jaron more time to think about a decision. Jaron himself would have remained undecided about the idea of leaving Oldtown.

[Decline his wish - Stay in Oldtown]

This would have angered the Burned Man, which means that the last interaction between him and Jaron, and by extension, him and Harpy, would have been negative. Jaron would have also been hellbent on staying in Oldtown, which would have changed some of his views and dialogue.

Garthon I:

[Decline Harren's offer]

This would have been a horrible decision for Garthon. Harren would have left both brothers to rot for now, which would have given Holt the torturer an opportunity to torment them without anyone caring. There would have been a couple of visitors, including Damon Greyjoy, who would have revealed his grudge against House Hoare, Clint Volmark and a few other captains, who would have taunted the brothers, and Harrick, who would have tried to convince Garthon and Torvin once more to accept his father's offer. Ultimately, Harren would have done the same he did in the storyline that won, he would have killed Torvin's unborn baby to absolutely break him. Torvin would have accepted to do whatever Harren wants and Garthon would have had no option but to follow him.

Raenna I:

[Accompany Samuel]

This option would have fleshed Samuel out more as a character. Among other things, we would have learned about his backstory and his reason for working with Terroma here in Oldtown. He and Raenna would have cleaned the house from all opponents and Samuel wouldn't have received his wound. This would have allowed him to continue the mission, together with Raenna, Terroma and Harrington and he would have also been present in the next chapter. Since the other choice won, his wounds are too severe for him to leave Oldtown at the moment. Raenna and Harrington wouldn't have bonded as much, as they would have had less time together.

Jenna I:

[Talk to Federico]

This is one option I really wish you would have picked, because it would have given me an opportunity to develop Federico. The poor guy is by far the most underused character in the entire story. Anyways, Jenna would have talked to him, eventually noticing that a few things about him are off a little bit, as if he is hiding something. During their talk, she would have also encountered Saerya for the first time and later on, she would have drawn the correct conclusion that Saerya seduced him into giving her the key to the ravenry. There would have been an additional choice to reveal Federico's actions to Nora, which would have resulted in him loosing his job. Afterwards, the talk to Saerya would have happened, although she would have been slightly pissed at Jenna if you would have chosen to rat Federico out.

Samantha I:

[Order Sasha to accompany Lucas and Leonard]

Sasha would have been angry about this, which would have limited their developing friendship, though she would have ultimately followed the order. This would have given Lucas and Leonard some pretty heavy backup. Among other things, it would have made the fight against the thugs in the alleyway much easier, as Sasha would have killed all three of them without breaking a sweat. She would have also caught and confronted Ian Shortwood, which means that he would have had less of a heroic introduction. Later on, she would have dealt with Aylard and depending on your choices, she could have been ordered to kill him instead of Lucas.

Marak I:

[Don't allow it]

Wulvren wouldn't have taken a blood sample from Marak and would have been disappointed about this. For now, not much would have changed aside from a bit of dialogue, but perhaps one day it will.

Kersea I:

[Stay with Alysanne]

This would have given Kersea a shorter storyline in this chapter. Clayton would have been pissed and he would have killed Septon Corbin offscreen on his own. The death of the Septon would have been revealed in the next chapter. Instead, Kersea and Alysanne would have bonded a bit more and they would have both been present when Rayden arrives. This would have given Rayden a slightly larger role as well.

Willfred I:

[Declare for Hobert]

This option would have strengthened Hobert's position in Raylansfair considerably and he would have been pleased. Ultimately, the arrival of Argella and her Stormlanders would have made things more complicated, but Hobert would have remained a strong contender. Together with Willfred, whom he would consider his champion, he would have been present during Argella's entry in the Great Hall and he would have been the only one either charismatic or stupid enough to actually stand in her way.

[Declare for no one]

A neutral option that would have won no favour, although it would have still pissed Hobert off for going against their agreement, resulting in the storyline in the rest of the chapter proceeding without him. The winning party in this choice would have been House Durrandon, as this means that they are now without any strong candidate against them.

Jaron II:

[Keep an eye on Harpy, Mullendore and Vyrwel]

This option would have given Lucas' brother Petyr, the implied kinslayer, a larger role in this chapter. Jaron and Mullendore would have also bonded and Mullendore would have presented himself from his most charming side. He would have told a couple of old war stories, which would have actually been stories of his actions in the war in Oldtown, including his own version of the events that led to Lunett's death, though he would have told them as if they had happened decades ago during the wars against the Stormlands. Jaron and Harpy wouldn't have noticed anything off until the very end. This option would have also meant the most screentime for Harpy, Martin and Keira in this chapter, while the least amount of screentime for Ayden, Jarek and Taria.

[Keep an eye on Ayden and the High Septon]

This option would have led to more screentime for Ayden and Taria. Ayden and Jaron would have bonded a bit more and thanks to Jaron's presence, Ayden would have kept his calm around the High Septon, which would have resulted in him not leaving for the gardens. However, thanks to the option that eventually won, he and Jarek killed a number of assassins in the gardens, which made the fight in the ballroom a lot easier. These assassins would have remained in the gardens then and would have striked later, resulting in the High Septon's death.

Alys I:

[Let Alisa guard you]

This wouldn't have changed much about the overall storyline, although instead of Carvin, Alys and Alisa would have bonded a bit more. Alisa would have also been a bit less reluctant to intervene in the fight between Wilbur and the other man.

[Let no one guard you]

Probably, this option would have led to a more entertaining storyline for Alys. A young, pretty girl, surrounded by Ironborn and bandits. What could possibly go wrong? Without anyone to guard her, Alys would have been in severe danger, but an unlikely champion would have helped her, namely Wilbur the Ironborn scout, the same one whom Alys ultimately left to get beaten up in a later choice.

Edrick II:

[Move to your quarters]

This option would have given slightly more focus for Dante and Darreth in this chapter, as they would have talked to Edrick a bit more and they would have bonded. The meeting with Lord Boleyn would have taken place at a later part and in the long run, nothing would have changed.

Jenna II:

[Warn Harris]

This wouldn't have changed anything for Harris, as someone would have notified him and Tyrell of Argella's arrival either way. The order Saerya gave her was an attempt at gaining a bit of time to destroy evidence linking her to House Targaryen and if you wouldn't have followed her immediately, she wouldn't have admitted to be a spy. Instead, she would have claimed to have searched the ravenry on her own and even though Jenna wouldn't have believed her, she would have had no evidence. Saerya's connection to House Targaryen would have been revealed at a later point in the story.

John II:

[Lie to him and try to convince him]

Daghan wouldn't have believed him. At the same time, Daghan wouldn't have done anything against this, since he actually wanted to prevent bloodshed here. However, this would have ended any sort of interaction between them. Daghan would have been disappointed and angry and if, depending on your Jenna choices, anything would have happened to Saerya, he would have later confronted John and would have forced him into helping her.

Lucas II:

[Refuse to help Ian]

This would have limited Ian's chances to become a sworn knight of Raylansfair. He would have been disappointed and Leonard would have disagreed with Lucas' choice, questioning on wether or not he can even see the difference between friend and enemy anymore. In the next chapter, Ian would have tried to win the favour of either Harris or Hobert, which would have resulted in him becoming a knight of either Raylansfair, or a member of Hobert's guard.

Raenna II:

[Go with Harrington]

Harrington wouldn't have been surprised by her not trusting him and their relationship would have started off slightly cooler. Eventually though, Raenna would have apologized to him for misjudging him after seeing that he does not plan on betraying her or Terroma, which would have been the point their little romance subplot would have started.

Arthur II:

[Leave with Hackor]

Surprisingly, Wolfius would have remained calm and relatively tame towards Mathea, who would have continued to patch up his wounds, before she would have left. Both would have gotten reduced screentime this chapter, although this would have been beneficial for Hackor and his relationship to Arthur. A longer talk with Hackor would have started, where, among other things, Arthur would have called him out on the way he treats him.

Jaron III:

[Follow Ayden]

Instead of Jarek, Jaron would have followed Ayden out into the gardens, where they would have encountered and fought a group of Alley Cats. This would have caused them to bond a little bit, while killing a little bit more. Eventually, after the fight, Taria would have followed outside as well, introducing her to the reader and giving her a sweet moment with Ayden.

Willfred II:

[Follow Hobert]

I won't spoil too much, but Willfred would have learned a secret about Hobert that is now going to revealed at a later point in the story. He would have been caught spying and Hobert's guard Malkolm would have, fought, overpowered and knocked him out, leaving him for dead. Such an action would have naturally worsened Hobert's chances of becoming the next lord.

Ellena II:

[Allow Roach to hold the letter]

This choice wouldn't have changed anything. Ellena would have given Roach the letter out of her own free will, Roach would have looked at it, would have been very pleased about the “gift” and would have ultimately ran off with it, resulting in Ellena and Himani running after him.

• edited May 2016

Sadie II:

[Seek help from Blane]

This would have given Blane more screentime in this chapter, at the expense of Baelor. Despite her objections, Sadie would have been very charming around Blane, who in turn would have developed quite the attraction towards her. Depending on another choice, he would have either agreed to help her, or he would have told her that he couldn't help her, but wouldn't reveal her plans to Gyles. He would have been a potential ally for her in a later chapter.

John III:

[Let Daghan speak to her]

Surprisingly, Daghan wouldn't have tortured the captured sellsword, though he would have been rough to her and he wouldn't have gotten any positive results out of her, which would have had consequences for the next chapter

[Try to speak to her yourself]

During a second attempt at talking to the woman, John would have managed to get through to her and she would have told him her story first-hand, the same things she told I'lian in the choice that actually won.

Garthon II:

[Accept Harrick's offer]

This option would have resulted in no appearance of Damon Greyjoy in this chapter and his grudge against the Hoare's wouldn't have been revealed until Book 2. Also, Garthon and Kyra would have had less scenes together. Harrick would have prepared Garthon for the meeting with the Riverlords and captains, up to the point where Harren would have actually been impressed with Garthon during the end of the chapter. This option would have resulted in some of the captains that are now more or less opposed to Harren to declare their loyalty once anew.

Jenna III:

[Try to escape]

Jenna would have tried to run away from Saerya, who would have revealed that she was not joking around when mentioning that she was prepared to kill her. She would have indeed tried to kill Jenna and would have succeeded in wounding her, but Federico and Nora would have noticed their fight and would have intervened, saving Jenna's life and taking Saerya away into the dungeons. Needless to say, this would have turned Saerya into a much less sympathetic character.

Ilish I:

[Run to the left]

While this was a minor choice, this option would have resulted in Ilish encountering a strange man wearing a metal cat mask, the very same man Torold Stratford mentioned in Ilish's last part. His true identity wouldn't have been revealed until later, but he would have acted a bit shady, arousing Ilish's suspicion. She wouldn't have managed to get her purse back, which in the grand scale of things is... not going to be very important.

Marak II:

[Join them]

This would have given Marak another set of visions, this time detailing the characters of Raenna, Terroma, Ellena, Harrington and himself, as well as short glimpses on the fates of characters like Brandon and Ando, Abbas and Bakr, as well as Davith, Wulvren and Noelle. These visions would have been highly interesting and actually very informative, if you would have managed to interpret them correctly and they would have hinted at future plot points for these characters, as well as future dangers. In one case, it would have even been possible for you to use the information you received from this vision to correctly deduce one characters death in a later chapter and this vision would have shown you the option that would lead to said death, which would have given you knowledge to make your choices in a way that might possibly prevent it.

Richard I:

[Agree to pay for the hunter]

This was not a very important choice, although it would have made Richard's monetary situation a lot worse. On a positive aspect, it would have pleased Roman greatly and would have meant that their rivalry is less severe.

Drent I:

[Choose Edonia and Torrence]

This option would have meant that Garen would end up even more pissed on Drent. Edonia and Torrence would have joined Drent, Montclair and Tariel. Instead of Garen, Torrence would have caused trouble. However, whereas Garen snapped because someone insulted him, it would have been the other way round with Torrence. He would have been insulted as well and would have insulted back, which would have resulted in one man trying to beat him up, with Edonia trying to stop him. In this case, Tariel would have remained neutral to Drent intervening. However, Montclair would have requested that Drent does not intervene, in order to prevent things from escalating. In any way, Torrence would have basically been an asshole in this chapter that way, though a lot more tolerable than Garen. His really bad opinion on Edonia would have also been further detailed.

[Choose Torrence and Garen]

Without a doubt, this would have been the worst option. Out of the three, Edonia is literally the only one who can keep her calm, so taking her with you was unarguably a good decision. With Garen's short temper and Torrence's foul manners, things would have escalated even among the group. Garen would have ended up outright trying to kill Torrence after being insulted, to which Montclair would have intervened, a lot more severely than he did in the choice that actually won.

Jaron IV

[Rush towards Hightower]

This option would have led to the death of the High Septon. Taria would have survived thanks to the timely intervention of Ayden, although it would have remained debatable if he truly was unable to save the High Septon as he claimed, or if he would have let him die because of his earlier, quite creepy behaviour towards Taria. Jaron would have managed to prevent Hightower's bodyguard from getting wounded and he would have won the favour of the lord. Meanwhile, Harpy would have saved Mullendore's life.

[Rush towards Mullendore]

Again, this option would have claimed the life of the High Septon under similar circumstances. Jaron would have saved Mullendore's life, while Harpy managed to save Lord Hightower. However, this option would have actually changed the ending. Since she saved his life, Mullendore was willing to let Harpy leave, which gave her the chance to get close enough to him to try to kill him. If Jaron would have saved his life, Jaron would have been the one getting this offer. However, he would have refused and he wouldn't have had the same desperate idea Harpy had, so he wouldn't have tried to kill Mullendore. The fight in the finale would have taken place with one difference. Mullendore would have fought Jaron and he would have been neither wounded, nor angry, which would have made him a terrifying opponent, thanks to his strength and skill. Eventually, Jaron would have lost this fight, but just before Mullendore would have been able to finish him off, Harpy would have came to the rescue. She would have stabbed Mullendore in the back and while it would have been even more questionable if this wound would be enough to kill him, it would have been enough for him to require medical help.

Kersea II:

[Kill him slowly]

Kersea would have brutally tortured Septon Corbin to death. This would have been disturbingly graphic and Kersea would have been disgusted at herself afterwards. Clayton would have been very pleased, which might have been a good thing for Kersea herself. Also, this was one of the options that could have ultimately led her to go down a darker path and to embrace the atrocities Clayton forces her to commit.

Raenna III

[Support Terroma]

This would have actually been the less good option. Harrington would have been disappointed, which would have cancelled out any chance of romance between the two. Also, Terroma would have been pleased, but Terroma's plan wasn't the best. He would have sticked to his end of the bargain with Harrington and would have helped him getting to the city guard archive, but he would have done so after freeing Briar, meaning they have to drag a somewhat scared little girl around the labyrinth for longer. Harrington would have called Raenna and Terroma out for this action and he would have been pissed. After leading them out of the archive, he would have left without another word.

Lucas III:

[Lie to Darren]

Lucas would have obviously told Darren a lie about Harris. However, Darren wouldn't have believed him, which would have further fuelled his suspicions. Without any evidence, he would take no action against Harris though. Also, he would have been angry at Lucas for obviously lying to him, which would have severely strained their relationship.

Ellena III:

[Try to escape on your own]

This option would have changed less. Ellena would have managed to escape on her own, but she would have stumbled through the city without finding Terroma's hideout. Eventually, she would have bumped into Marak, Noelle and Wulvren and would have been taken prisoner by them.

[Go back for Himani]

Here's a big one, a very big one. Ellena would have succeeded in saving Himani, although it would have come at a cost. Instead of him, she would have ended up being taken prisoner. Himani would have escaped and without his knowledge, Mullendore would have never gained the chance to destroy the Burned Man in the chapter finale, which would have led to an entirely different chapter finale, likely from Lucas' point of view, or perhaps from Garthon's. However, ultimately, Ellena wouldn't have been tortured like Himani, thanks to Marak and Noelle. Thanks to her vision, Noelle knows where Ellena is. She, Marak and Wulvren would have attempted to save her, in the next chapter, to trade her for Briar. Similarly, Terroma and Raenna would have learned about her fate and tried to save her, which would have led to a race between the two groups to save Ellena first. This would have caused major changes to the storylines of Ellena, Marak and Raenna in the next chapter and would have culminated in a threeway battle between Terroma, Marak and the Tom.

Maya III:

[Go to the right]

This wouldn't have had many changes to Maya's storyline. She would have managed to find different documents, though nothing of particular worth and the rest of her story would have played out without changes. However, it would have introduced a deeper level of the archive, where some strange things would have happened. Keat mentioned that the lower levels of the archive don't feel right and it would have given me the chance to hint at some really, really freaky stuff that goes on down there.

Alys II:

[Order Carvin to kill the raider]

Carvin would have killed the raider that fights Wilbur. In turn, Wilbur would have been thankful for the help, although Alynne would have been extremely pissed. Bear in turn would have been amused and would have gotten good laugh out of it.

[Order Carvin to wound the raider]

Carvin would have shot the raider in the leg, which would have resulted in Wilbur winning the fight. Again, Wilbur would have been very thankful and would have become some sort of ally for Alys. Alynne would have been less pissed. However, Bear would have still eviscerated the wounded raider, although he would have done it not to prove his dominance, but to get a good laugh out of it.

Lyria I:

[Urge Philip to kill Wolfius]

This would have given Philip an additional appearance at the end of Arthur's storyline. Lyria would have tried to convince him to kill Wolfius, however, she would have failed. Philip would have been slightly horrified that she would suggest such a thing and he would have talked to Arthur about this, asking him for advice. He wouldn't have tried to kill Wolfius, but he would have personally made sure that there is no way for Wolfius to escape prison before his execution. Also, he would have been appalled that Lyria would suggest an option that would quite clearly ruin his life.

Samantha II:

[Spare him the details]

Samantha would have told Aylard that Lunett got murdered by a man named Maron Mullendore, but she would have remained silent about the rape and mutilation his daughter had to suffer before her death. This would have been a very wise choice, because these details were the main reason for Ayden loosing control. He would have confronted Lucas, but it would have been relatively civil, in the company of Samantha and John, and he wouldn't have tried to kill him. Aylard would have hated Lucas in either option and he is never going to forgive him, but if this option would have won, he wouldn't have tried to take vengeance, instead he would have focussed on Mullendore, which would have made him a potential and uneasy ally of Lucas.

Jaron V:

[Stick to the Main Street]

At this point, it was already too late to change anything. It was no accident that they stumbled upon the Tom and the Moggy in the chapter finale, as the Tom had already been informed about their whereabouts. A fight on the Main Street would have drawn more attention though.

[Take a longer route]

Again, not much would have changed. This option would have led the group to fight in a less populated area though, so Mullendore would have ended up keeping his reputation as an honest man of the law.

Garthon III:

[Fight back]

Garthon would have fought against Harmund and Harndon and he would have been able to put up quite a good one. He would have taken Harndon down, but Harmund would have severely beaten him in revenge. Kyra would have intervened as well and she would have fought against Harmund, which would have earned her the undying hatred of the prince. Eventually, Harrick's arrival would have ended this fight though.

[Fight back and grab the knife]

This option would have caused Garthon to win the fight. He would have given Harndon a nasty facial wound, which would have resulted in a disfiguring scar eventually and he would have kept Harmund at bay until the arrival of Kyra. Unlike in the option that won, Kyra would have sided with Harmund, to prevent Garthon from making the terrible mistake of killing the crown prince. Harrick would have arrived and he would have been livid at Garthon for wounding Harndon. In fact, he would have dropped any bit of affability there is to him and would have by far become the most scary of the Hoare's for the remainder of Garthon's Chapter 6 storyline.

Raenna IV:

[Help Terroma]

This would have prevented Terroma from gaining a wound, although Harrington would have received this wound instead. Terroma would have been thankful, while Harrington would have been understanding, holding no ill will against her for saving her father figure. Ultimately, the health of Harrington and Terroma is going to be important for their involvement in future chapters.

Richard II:

[Stay silent]

Richard would have played along with Roman's plan to trick Vaasrand into accepting the lower price. This would have pleased Roman greatly, although hiding critical information from the guy that is supposed to slay the beast is definitely not a smart move.

Drent II:

[Don't intervene]

This option would have been slightly better, depending on your opinion on Garen, because this option would have ended the conflict without violence. Edonia knows how it is to have a younger brother with a bit of a temper, so she can be quite diplomatic. Without the added provocation through Drent's presence, Garen would have eventually agreed to stand down.

John IV

[Get out of his way]

Not much would have changed in the long run. In the short run, Aylard wouldn't have knocked John out and Janae wouldn't have tried to kill Aylard in return. John's next chapter would have started differently.

Kersea III:

[Stay out of it]

This option is going to be very important for Kersea's storyline in the next chapter. It would have been another option that would make Clayton angry at her and he would have tried to kill Rayden on his own in the next chapter, without her help. Alysanne would have helped him though, since she definitely wants to see Rayden dead as well.

Garthon IV:

[Simply tell the truth]

As boring as it is, it would have been simply the truth. Nothing special would have happened, although some of the Iron Fleet Captains would have seen Harren as weak and indecisive for his actions. Meanwhile some of the Riverlords would have totally given up on their plans to dispose of Harren.

[Tell the truth and put emphasis on Harren’s mercy]

This would have been a bad option, definitely the worst out of the bunch. No one wants to hear tales of Harren the Merciful. The Ironborn would have laughed, Harren would have been angry at Garthon and the Riverlords wouldn't have believed him. All in all, this is an option that would have led to nothing good.

[Tell the truth and put emphasis on Harren’s cruelty]

This option however would have greatly pleased the Iron Fleet captains, who would be impressed by Harren's cruel actions, especially after the end of the next part and some of them, including Volmark, would have actually developed some sort of respect for him. This would have also been the option favoured by Harren.

Maya IV:

[Leave through the window]

This would have changed Maya's storyline in the next chapter. I can't tell you too much about it, but the option that won gives her the longer and hopefully more interesting storyline.

Edrick IV

[Leave Leo behind]

This option would have meant that Edrick, Dante and Darreth would have started their journey as a trio. However, some of you called it, Leo would have followed them either way. His presence close to them would have been revealed either in the next chapter or the one after and there would have been another option to take him with you or not.

Lucas IV:

[Kill Aylard]

Surprisingly, Aylard would have survived. I still have plans for him and Lucas wouldn't have managed to kill him. Instead, Leonard would have tackled him to the ground, to prevent him from committing murder and the two knights would have gotten into a fight. Lucas would have tried to let his anger out on Leonard, who would have lost this fight because of his leg wound. However, Ian would have helped Leonard and would have restrained Lucas. This option would have ruined the opinion Leonard, Harris and Ian have about Lucas. It would have irreparably destroyed the friendship between Lucas and Leonard and it would have caused Harris to loose any bit of respect he has for him, since he'd see him as a big hypocrite. In general, it would have turned Lucas into a much darker character, without any friends or allies.

Raenna V:

[Don't advice him]

This was not a very important choice. Since I have plans for them, Brandon, Ando and Davith would have accompanied Terroma and Raenna either way. However, it determined Raenna's opinion on these three and the way they see Raenna, which may or may not be of importance later on.

Ilish II:

[Support Philip's plan]

This would have had no changes in this chapter, but it would have drastically changed Ilish's storyline in the next one. She would have met an entirely different cast of characters, although I am happy with the fact that Torold's plan won, because I think it is going to introduce the more interesting characters.

Garthon V:

[Encourage Hjalgar to stay behind]

I already told you a bit about this choice. It determined on wether or not Hjalgar is going to appear in the next parts of Garthon's storyline. Otherwise, he would have stayed behind at Harrenhal, which would have been safer for him, as well as given him a different role, as a potential ally for Kyra and Damon in their quest to overthrow House Hoare. Now, his considerable talent as an archer can be useful for Garthon.

• Thanks husmusen, I'm glad to see you back! And you're right, Jenna is quite talented at surviving XD

husmusen posted: »

After coming back from along time of not reading, i have to say. I'm impressed....Jenna Harking is still alive. (Also great to see that the story is going strong as always, Keep up the good work!=)

• That's good to hear! Now that I am done writing the alternative choices for the last chapter down, I can start writing the next part, which should be out on Wednesday :)

captainivy1 posted: »

Oh. Am I hyped.for the next parts. Can't wait to see my man.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.