Season Two AU by Badgershite (Fan-made)

Comments

• I noticed that saw in the cart they pushed. For a second, I thought Randyll was gonna reach for it.

JakeSt123 posted: »

Part 2.64 (Learn from the siege, Rodrik. Learn from the siege.)

• "camouflage"

AgentZ46 posted: »

For a second I thought those Warrick soldiers had no arms.

• "My Lord, you must retreat"

Rodrik: "What?"

Part 2.65 (Rodrik doesn't know the meaning of 'retreat')

• Erik! Nice to see him again. Though, this encounter wouldn't be possible for me since I sent him to The Wall.

And that neck wound of Rodrik's really is getting worse.

Part 2.65 (Rodrik doesn't know the meaning of 'retreat')

• Maybe the most bizarre course of action is to run straight at the enemy while they're dazed. Rodrik is aiming to go back the way he and Tom came from, which the Warricks & Whitehills were blocking so he charged in that direction and took out anyone who was in his way.

Hard to show that in 6-10 panels though haha

"My Lord, you must retreat" Rodrik: "What?"

• MOBZIKKMOBZIKK Banned

is it actually Erik though ? To me it seemed so at first, but it could also be a generic soldier.

Erik! Nice to see him again. Though, this encounter wouldn't be possible for me since I sent him to The Wall. And that neck wound of Rodrik's really is getting worse.

• Jake confirmed it is him.

MOBZIKK posted: »

is it actually Erik though ? To me it seemed so at first, but it could also be a generic soldier.

• My reaction: "Oh not this prick again".

He clearly remembers their fight so it makes me question his confidence right now. :p

Part 2.66 (This arse is back )

• Godsdammit, Jake. How do you do that? What is the secret? What is your magic? How do you manage to make me want to grab & drag away from danger characters that are supposed to be hated? "We are all just numbers to you", I fucking died, this moment killed me, I am dead.

Also, I'm getting a feeling, that we are coming close to a choice. It will be hard & can end up with Rodrik getting caught by the Warricks. For some reason, I'm also concerned about Tom's safety, though I do think he has good survival chances. Will have to wait & see.

Part 2.66 (This arse is back )

• I find it a bit odd that Rodrik's using a greatsword with only one hand.

Erik's got the best seats in the house!

Part 2.67 (I'm practising swordfights)

• cough posingrodrikusingagreatswordwithtwohandsissuperdiffifcultandi'mworkingonitbutineedmorepractise cough

Also this fight is referenced from a fight in the actual game where both fighters use one-handed swords. Grenn is surprisingly versatile with that hand attachment of his.

I find it a bit odd that Rodrik's using a greatsword with only one hand. Erik's got the best seats in the house!

• You feeling sick? :p

Jokes aside I did enjoy this part.

cough posingrodrikusingagreatswordwithtwohandsissuperdiffifcultandi'mworkingonitbutineedmorepractise cough Also this fight is referenced

• That's one hell of a badass hand replacement you got there, Grenn. Consider dropping your suicidal ideas, I know loosing your sword hand sucks, but for a man living in medieval ages you got lucky when you didn't die from blood loss & infection in the first place, and you can still even fight. It's no so bad. I wonder who gave him this thing, doesn't look like something he just happened to find in Highpoint's armory.

Also, regarding this fight referencing one of the game's - it's Gryff & Asher fighting on the table in episode six, am I right?

• Also, regarding this fight referencing one of the game's - it's Gryff & Asher fighting on the table in episode six, am I right?

Yeah.

Krapinka posted: »

That's one hell of a badass hand replacement you got there, Grenn. Consider dropping your suicidal ideas, I know loosing your sword hand suc

• That's great. This world needs a reminder of how much of a badass that fourthborn can be when his motivation is right. And of Asher. This world just needs a reminder of Asher.

Also, regarding this fight referencing one of the game's - it's Gryff & Asher fighting on the table in episode six, am I right? Yeah.

• Loyalty, duty and. honor always comes before vengance. Although I do find a dark, bloodthirsty Rodrik more interesting.

Part 2.68 (Another choice rears its ugly head) Poll

• You must be kidding me, how is this even a choice? I'd get it if it was some major antagonist, like Torrhen, Gryff or Randyl, but goddamn Grenn? We don't even have that much of a personal agenda towards him, how is killing him worth Erik's death? This must be the most obvious choice of the whole au for me.

• The way I see it, Erik and Grenn have the same presence, they're just as important as one another.

People wanted more choices, so I'm giving them more, but it seems like I can't win either way.

You must be kidding me, how is this even a choice? I'd get it if it was some major antagonist, like Torrhen, Gryff or Randyl, but goddamn Gr

• It makes sense to me. It also establishes who Rodrik is as a character. It's a valid choice.

You must be kidding me, how is this even a choice? I'd get it if it was some major antagonist, like Torrhen, Gryff or Randyl, but goddamn Gr

• I vote for freeing Erik. He deserves a second chance to aid the house he once tried to steal from.

• DeltinoDeltino Moderator
    edited May 2016

Sorry, but I really need to ask; that slashed open jaw wound is from zombie Nick, right? I'm like 99% sure it is. I know you use a lot of pre-existing models for stuff, and I swear that wound looks familiar.

edit: Ah crap, replied to the wrong post like an idiot. Question still stands, though.

• edited May 2016

The vote seems pretty decisive but I voted to kill him..

I mean he got a sword hand, he's gonna backstab Rodrik at the second he will turn his back.
    Also how Randyll recovered so fast? The horse didn't fall on him?

• edited May 2016

Part 2.69 (Erik won by a landslide)

Also you can kiiiinda see why Grenn ran away at the end here. Before Rodrik and Randyll get a chance to fight, yet more stuff interrupts them.

• Also how Randyll recovered so fast? The horse didn't fall on him?

The perspective didn't lend well, but he fell a bit backwards and the horse didn't fall on his legs or anything. (Also lack of realism isn't anything new to ttgot, Rodrik survived being crushed by a horse, Ludd/Gryff survives being thrown from a horse onto their back etc)

Euron posted: »

The vote seems pretty decisive but I voted to kill him.. I mean he got a sword hand, he's gonna backstab Rodrik at the second he will turn his back. Also how Randyll recovered so fast? The horse didn't fall on him?

• OH my God! Is it Gared, Josera and Elsera who came to help Rodrik?

Part 2.69 (Erik won by a landslide) Also you can kiiiinda see why Grenn ran away at the end here. Before Rodrik and Randyll get a chance to fight, yet more stuff interrupts them.

• Oh, ok. Well, Rodrik has this kind of Wolverine healing thing, but it took him the whole season to heal.

I agree with you though; the stab from the gut against Rodrik/how Brit suffers many wounds before dying isn't that realist too. :P

Also how Randyll recovered so fast? The horse didn't fall on him? The perspective didn't lend well, but he fell a bit backwards and

• It's probably something we can put down to 'it's a videogame' haha

Euron posted: »

Oh, ok. Well, Rodrik has this kind of Wolverine healing thing, but it took him the whole season to heal. I agree with you though; the stab from the gut against Rodrik/how Brit suffers many wounds before dying isn't that realist too. :P

• And here I thought this was going to end in Rod getting captured. Anyway, it seems to me that this part is close to it's end, and the last thing left to discover is who this mystic Forrester ally is (I don't think those people are here to aid the Whitehills, even if it would be a great plot twist).

My first thought were Gared & the bastards, which can still turn out to be true, given that two of them seem to be dressed like wildlings. Yet, some things stay in the way of such conclusion - those warriors have horses, and at least two of them are dressed like northmen. I doubt those are Glenmores (their armor actually reminds me of Whitehill/Bolton bannermen, but that's beyond the point, could be just reused models), but if Gared leads them, he must've found some allies on the way back to Ironrath, and I honestly don't know how much of a possibility this is.

There is also that thin purple line on the clothing of one of the warriors, the one that is closest to the screen. Two only houses from the au that I know have purple color as a part of their sigils are Tarwick & Grimport, and I can't see either of them just showing up at logging sites, so it doesn't get us anywhere either. Neither I can remember any characters from game or au that would have anything similar on their clothes, though maybe I'm just not paying enough attention to details.

Also, there is the fact, that only those who knew about the order Torrhen gave to Randyll are likely to show up - that leaves us with Whitehills of Highpoint (or just their small council, actually), Myles & the Warricks, which is confusing. Or did Gwyn spill the beans to someone else & this is why you're growing to like her au's version? I wouldn't be surprised, I have disliked Gwyn's au version for some time already, it makes sense for me that she would do that.

I have my own theory about who those people (or, at least, some of them) are, but this is a little bit batshit crazy, so I won't voice it for now. Hopefully, we'll get an answer tomorrow, or at least something that will refute my assumptions.

Part 2.69 (Erik won by a landslide) Also you can kiiiinda see why Grenn ran away at the end here. Before Rodrik and Randyll get a chance to fight, yet more stuff interrupts them.

• I had the same thought. XD

I was trying to figure out who they were when I noticed on of them had attire that looked similar to what Elsera's warriors wear. "Who are they? That one kinda looks like-- 'GASP'"

OH my God! Is it Gared, Josera and Elsera who came to help Rodrik?

• There is also that thin purple line on the clothing of one of the warriors, the one that is closest to the screen.

I would say ignore that -- I didn't see it until you pointed it out, it's a missing texture.

And here I thought this was going to end in Rod getting captured. Anyway, it seems to me that this part is close to it's end, and the last t

• Omg if its really Gared it means that one of the protagonists is gonna die. There cant be two at the same place for too long. :3

• DanOutofContext lol

Part 2.53 (Torrhen's deduction powers are strong and Boros is creepy)

• yyyyyyyyep.

Deltino posted: »

Sorry, but I really need to ask; that slashed open jaw wound is from zombie Nick, right? I'm like 99% sure it is. I know you use a lot of pr

• If we would choosed to kill Grenn Erik would be dead? or the warriors of elsera would still interrupt the fight?

• The horse looks so happy! It's like:

"Hey Rodrik, wanna play?" Please play with me, please play with me, please play with me.

Part 2.70 (Horses... why did it have to be horses?)

Sign in to comment in this discussion.