Season Two AU by Badgershite (Fan-made)

edited August 2016 in Game Of Thrones

enter image description here

I've been holding off on making this thread for a long time now - far too long, in fact! Finally doing it after plenty of encouragement. So, by popular demand, I'm doin' it.

I have a feeling you folks probably know me as "that elusive creature that does the thing with the models." For those who have no idea who I am, I make custom-edited TTGOT models for my OCs and stuff, and a couple months back I took it upon myself to take things further - make my own storyline with characters, models, decisions, all the sort of things you'd see in a Telltale Game, without it being a game. It's more of a fan-art fan-fiction. A fan-art-fiction. With choices. And polls.

I don't doubt you've seen images like the one before. I think people often take them for fake leaks, but they're just 'screenshots' for my S2 AU.

So what is the Season 2 AU exactly?

The S2AU follows up the events of the game, with some alterations to the original timeline, such as changes to the Siege of Ironrath.

The story primarily follows Talia Forrester and Royland Degore following their escape from Ironrath, and their journey forward. They come across some interesting figures who could help or hinder them. Other protagonists include Rodrik Forrester, Ryon Forrester and Gared Tuttle, as well as some additional scenes surrounding characters like Torrhen and Gryff Whitehill.

The story is presented like a comic, trying to stay as close to the visual style of Telltale’s game as possible. Fans are sometimes even given the opportunity to vote on choices/dialogue options, just like in the game! If this interests you, you can catch up here.

However, the S2AU is actually more than just this - while the plot is a major part of it, I -along with several others- have built an intensive expanded fanon around it, detailing houses such as Glenmore, Greyson, Elliver, Brownbarrow, Degore and more, going as far as to name unnamed characters like Lady Whitehill and some of the Whitehill Garrison goons. You can browse the TTGOT S2 AU Wiki for more details on everyone.

Anything else?

YES! The S2AU is actually more than just this! While the plot is a major part of it, I -along with several others- have built an intensive expanded fanon around it, detailing houses such as Glenmore, Greyson, Elliver, Brownbarrow, Degore and more, going as far as to name unnamed characters like Lady Whitehill and some of the Whitehill Garrison goons. You can browse the TTGOT S2 AU Wiki for more details on everyone.

But isn't this going to be declared non-canon when Season 2 comes out?

Yeah, probably. But it's a divergent timeline and universe, so Season 2 probably won't affect it much. I'll live with it XD

Okay, so where can I read/see all of this?

Good question! The best place to find it is to follow my tumblr, as you'll see updates as soon as they come out! That said, you can catch up through the Wiki's gallery page, or simply read a summary of events here. I'll also make sure to post links to each new update here as and when I post them.

So there you have it! If you're sold, feel free to tell me your thoughts and hype for each new part because my self worth is pretty much based entirely on follower interaction. As a footnote, the programs I use for this are GIMP, 3ds Max and Topaz Impression among others, though I probably can't provide a full tutorial.

Links

Happy discussing!

Comments

• And whaddya know, to seal the deal, here's the next update to the story.

For those who know nothing of it, I recommend you check out the gallery page in the OP to catch up first.

• I remember seeing this on "The other walking dead forum" on your forum Jake, glad to see it's continuing

JakeSt123 posted: »

And whaddya know, to seal the deal, here's the next update to the story. For those who know nothing of it, I recommend you check out the gallery page in the OP to catch up first.

• It is pretty funny that your fan art with Talia and Royland is pretty accurate to the ending I got. :)

Well, with Rodrik that is.

• Same here. As soon as they came on screen I was like "WHAAAA-"

My dreams came true. It was strange.

It is pretty funny that your fan art with Talia and Royland is pretty accurate to the ending I got. Well, with Rodrik that is.

• It never stopped - except for maybe that time between like September and October where I had a bit of a hiatus.

I remember seeing this on "The other walking dead forum" on your forum Jake, glad to see it's continuing

• Cool. Whatever happened to the Into The Fray Bonus episode? Did you ever finish it?

It never stopped - except for maybe that time between like September and October where I had a bit of a hiatus.

• As soon as I saw Talia and Royland I just said 'Badger were you right?' And kinda laughed to myself. :P

Same here. As soon as they came on screen I was like "WHAAAA-" My dreams came true. It was strange.

• I didn't - sorta lost my way with it. Might still pick it up at some point, though.

Cool. Whatever happened to the Into The Fray Bonus episode? Did you ever finish it?

• Is there a chance that you do something like this for TFTB maybe in the future??

• This is gonna be awesome! So glad you decided to do this. You're a legend Jake! ^_^

• I'm new to this story you made, I just read it and I really enjoyed it, I love what you did with the screenshots and stuff. But I have a question. Are there going to be more POVs besides Gared and Talia? Like Rodrik, or maybe some new characters?

• edited December 2015

I''m glad you enjoyed it!

As for POVs, Rodrik's up in the air at the moment, but Ryon/Beskha might be a thing? Probably will be a thing.

soysauce posted: »

I'm new to this story you made, I just read it and I really enjoyed it, I love what you did with the screenshots and stuff. But I have a question. Are there going to be more POVs besides Gared and Talia? Like Rodrik, or maybe some new characters?

• Okay, cool. Also I was checking out the wiki page, and it states Harys' status is alive? Like I said I'm new to this alternate story you made, so is Harys alive? b/c he died in the game.

I''m glad you enjoyed it! As for POVs, Rodrik's up in the air at the moment, but Ryon/Beskha might be a thing? Probably will be a thing.

• Yeah, Harys is alive. The final battle was a little different; some people who died in-game survived in the AU and some who survived the game may have died in the AU. Also worth noting Harys is the one who took Royland's eye.

soysauce posted: »

Okay, cool. Also I was checking out the wiki page, and it states Harys' status is alive? Like I said I'm new to this alternate story you made, so is Harys alive? b/c he died in the game.

• Okay, thank you for clarifying.

Yeah, Harys is alive. The final battle was a little different; some people who died in-game survived in the AU and some who survived the game may have died in the AU. Also worth noting Harys is the one who took Royland's eye.

• Love this fan-art-fiction you created.

• Hmm... probably not. I'm not as big on TFTBL as I am on TTGOT. I liked it, I'm just not downright obsessed XD

rexoninj4 posted: »

Is there a chance that you do something like this for TFTB maybe in the future??

• Thank you, friend!

Menofthe214 posted: »

Love this fan-art-fiction you created.

• I'm curious on how you are going to handle Gared's story. I really like his character and I really like your work, so keep doing it cuz it's awesome.

Poor Talia though, getting her face smacked. Hope she'll be ok. :D

• How did you make this? It looks awesome.

• I love your work so much! :-D

Though I do wish you'd do a bit more Rodrik content ;) ;) ;)

... ;)

• I made sure to post this in the OP, but it might be hard to see:

the programs I use for this are GIMP, 3ds Max and Topaz Impression among others, though I probably can't provide a full tutorial.

HarjKS posted: »

How did you make this? It looks awesome.

• Harys, who is still alive

:D

• I seriously need to look more into this, all of your work is a huge inspiration to me and I thank you for that :D

• The true hero lives on!

Harys, who is still alive

• That is pretty cool. Keep up the good work!

• Harys is alive

Yeah, Harys is alive. The final battle was a little different; some people who died in-game survived in the AU and some who survived the game may have died in the AU. Also worth noting Harys is the one who took Royland's eye.

• Here's a tropes thing I made on the side, for my version of Torrhen Whitehill:

• Would be nice to have one for Gryff & Ludd. Just sayin'.

Here's a tropes thing I made on the side, for my version of Torrhen Whitehill:

• I might end up doing one of S2 AU after he shows up - it'll be close enough, right?

Would be nice to have one for Gryff & Ludd. Just sayin'.

• Yup.

I might end up doing one of S2 AU after he shows up - it'll be close enough, right?

• Here's the next set of screenshots :)

As a footnote I'm trying to make Torrhen's guards more than just regular goons - they do have extensive back stories on the wiki, those who follow the screenshots exclusively wouldn't know about them.

Also Derrock Crowl is the butt monkey of this series XD

• Derrock is not having a good day XD

Here's the next set of screenshots As a footnote I'm trying to make Torrhen's guards more than just regular goons - they do have extensi

• Awesome work man, keep it coming :D

Here's the next set of screenshots As a footnote I'm trying to make Torrhen's guards more than just regular goons - they do have extensi

• Here's today's part.

We're coming up to our next location. Can you guess what it is?

• I'm super excited to find out! I'm thinking it's either Highpoint or Ironrath. My moneys on Ironrath. If it is I can't wait to see Gryff.

Here's today's part. We're coming up to our next location. Can you guess what it is?

• Ironrath?

Here's today's part. We're coming up to our next location. Can you guess what it is?

• edited December 2015

Maybe :]

Ironrath?

• If you can't wait I do have this little teaser for S2AU Ironrath/Gryff:

AgentZ46 posted: »

I'm super excited to find out! I'm thinking it's either Highpoint or Ironrath. My moneys on Ironrath. If it is I can't wait to see Gryff.

• This is gonna be so awesome!

If you can't wait I do have this little teaser for S2AU Ironrath/Gryff:

Sign in to comment in this discussion.