Forum of Thrones: An Interactive Story

Comments

• he might just throw her out of the group

What I fear is that he will kill Kersea is she goes outside without Alysanne

captainivy1 posted: »

[Go outside and meet up with Clayton] It might be rather important, he might just throw her out of the group and tell her that Briar is a de

• edited August 2016

I hate it when I post a comment twice...

• She will go outside alone in both options, I think I should clarify that. Originally, I have planned for Clayton to make it clear that he wants to speak to Kersea alone, but it seems I have forgotten to write that particular sentence down. The choice is basically a decision between going out immediately, so that she won't anger Clayton further, or taking a chance at reforming Alysanne and gaining her as a more reliable ally, at the risk of provoking even more of Clayton's wrath by letting him wait

On another note 7000 comments woohoo =)

• y u cheat 2 get moar commentz? o_O

I hate it when I post a comment twice...

• I wouldn't think so. Sure, Clayton is angry right now and isn't thinking all that straight probably, but he's no fool and certainly not stupid. He knows Alysanne is in there and he would not risk that. He also had something in his hands and I am really curious about what it is. You can tell me that "I told you so" when it happens. :#

joriandrake posted: »

he might just throw her out of the group What I fear is that he will kill Kersea is she goes outside without Alysanne

• Yes, the whole part about that is missing, and to be honest, I would still remain with Alysanne because who knows what he will still do with her while being alone

Also, how the heck could she go outside alone while staying inside with Alysanne is clearly the option? I think this choice is quite definitive and the wording dismisses any chance of her being alone with Clayton

She will go outside alone in both options, I think I should clarify that. Originally, I have planned for Clayton to make it clear that he wa

• Actually, I believe you should clarify the issue right now, and change the wording of the options if this is your intention, to reflect the effect of the choices better

She will go outside alone in both options, I think I should clarify that. Originally, I have planned for Clayton to make it clear that he wa

• OH MY GOD! A NEW EMOJI, I FOUND A NEW EMOJI! : # to do it. I was going to do :3 though.

I wouldn't think so. Sure, Clayton is angry right now and isn't thinking all that straight probably, but he's no fool and certainly not stup

• [Go outtside and meet up with Clayton]

[Follow Shortwood]

Kersea “Please...”, Rayden sobbed, blood dripping down his mutilated face. “Please, no more...” Alysanne cut him off by punching him into

• Here, the first half of the choice is important as well. I never said she's going to ignore Clayton completely, or that she is taking Alysanne outside with her. She's going to let him wait, but ultimately, Kersea can't just ignore him and she knows it. Whatever Clayton has in mind for her now, sooner or later she has to face it, but she's not sure if she wishes to face him right now, or if she rather wants to spend additional time with her friend. Though, I probably add the word 'alone' into Clayton's sentence to make it more clear.

Yes, the whole part about that is missing, and to be honest, I would still remain with Alysanne because who knows what he will still do with

• And this just immediately became one of my favourite emojis! Great find, I simply know I'm going to use that one a lot :#

OH MY GOD! A NEW EMOJI, I FOUND A NEW EMOJI! : # to do it. I was going to do though.

• I didn't think she would ignore him, but I did believe Kersea to [stay with Alysanne] and either go outside together, or stay inside together

Here, the first half of the choice is important as well. I never said she's going to ignore Clayton completely, or that she is taking Alysan

• [Let him wait and stay with Alysanne]

[Follow Shortwood]

• Found another one! :angry: - : angry : without the spaces.

And this just immediately became one of my favourite emojis! Great find, I simply know I'm going to use that one a lot

• [Let him wait and stay with Alysanne] If we get Clayton more angry, the less rational he will think. And he may eventually snap and go full on murder spree rampage. Kersea may have a chance to kill him since she wouldn't be blinded by rage and have that survival instinct going on.

[Assist Montclair and Torrence] BARFIGHT!!!!!! We need to cement John and friend's alliance to the Targaryens, and what better way than kicking some stormlander butt. And when John and crew get arrested for disorderly conduct or maybe murder if we are lucky, they could have a chance of meeting Leonard or Arthur and converting them to their Targaryen ways. We need to get everyone on team Targaryen so there can be a super awesome fight scene of epic proportions.

Kersea “Please...”, Rayden sobbed, blood dripping down his mutilated face. “Please, no more...” Alysanne cut him off by punching him into

• need for healers intensifies

Bounden posted: »

[Let him wait and stay with Alysanne] If we get Clayton more angry, the less rational he will think. And he may eventually snap and go full

• Is Cthulhu canon to the world? Because i can see the author of the Necronomicon in the Characters waiting to be introduced

• ah I see what you mean, 'Abdul Alhazred' is the name of the fictional author, Lovecraft wrote it and also created Abdul

Might be an Easter egg

husmusen posted: »

Is Cthulhu canon to the world? Because i can see the author of the Necronomicon in the Characters waiting to be introduced

• [Go outside and meet up with Clayton] He might have some important things to say. I'm sure Alysanne can manage.

[Follow Shortwood] I think there's definitely something up with this guy. He was clearly trying to escape and we can't let him go off and do whatever he's planning on doing. Granted he might not be doing anything bad but I don't wanna take the risk.

• F'agha'a nhbgek 'trk'nagl ur shas nzgek shgrka agl ghwaa'ynn sll-tghahttf fhtagn.

Which, loosely translated, means that I am aware of that reference and consciously added him to the waiting list. However, while my R'lyehian is as fluent as possible without costing me my sanity, I unfortunately have a hard time remembering the more mundane names of the Cthulhu Mythos and until now, I had the opinion that his name was a slightly different one. That means I'll have to change the name of this character in the story proper. Aside from the fact that his name is the same, which I do not appreciate of in the slightest, he is actually a well done character, who is going to be delightful to have in the story. He is also very fhtagn.

Aside from that, given the ridiculously high amount of Cthulhu references in the Ice and Fire background, from more subtly done references in the Ironborn culture to clear name drops like the Deep Ones who built the creepy labyrinth below the Hightower (which, by the way, already included a Cthulhu reference back when Raenna visited it in the last chapter) or the city of Carcosa and its yellow emperor, it can be reasonably safe to say that Cthulhu is indeed canon to the Ice and Fire world.

husmusen posted: »

Is Cthulhu canon to the world? Because i can see the author of the Necronomicon in the Characters waiting to be introduced

• well you know what they say

That is not dead which can eternal lie. And with strange aeons even death may die

F'agha'a nhbgek 'trk'nagl ur shas nzgek shgrka agl ghwaa'ynn sll-tghahttf fhtagn. Which, loosely translated, means that I am aware of tha

• [Let him wait and stay with Alysanne]

[Follow Shortwood]

• The Voting is closed!

Kersea is going to stay inside with Alysanne

Drent is going to follow Ian Shortwood

I can already reveal one consequence of the first choice: Kersea's next part is going to be longer than usual, as it will also include a scene with Alysanne. Unfortunately, the scene with Clayton is inevitable by now. In the final part of her Chapter 7 storyline, Kersea will face her past decisions and that's about all I'm going to say to that. I plan to write this part in the reasonably near future, but first I wish to bring back some of the other PoV's.

While most of the PoV characters have only one part left, there are several who still have two. Raenna is one of them, so is (most likely) Drent, as well as Jaron, Arthur and Edrick. Out of these, Edrick had no part in the longest time. Going back to his last part, I noticed that the entire July had no Edrick part, which is not how I have planned it. Because of that, he will be back in the next part. The last time we saw him and his companions, a long time ago, they arrived at Castle Thaumaturge, the keep of House Frostborn. Lord Lionel Frostborn has informed them that he has information about Alys he is willing to share. Arriving at his keep, they soon meet most of the present Frostborns, who are a family of grey-eyed, mostly sullen and slightly creepy people. Lord Frostborn reveals that he indeed knows more about Alys, but that he wishes to get some help in return, in a matter that will be revealed in the next part. All in all, I hope to finish this part today, though since I have to get up early tomorrow, far earlier than usual, I have only limited time to finish it. I'm making progress though, good progress, so it is definitely possible that I will finish the part today.

• My literal reaction when I saw the Alysanne choice:
    "YES! YES! YES!" Whenever there's a choice concerning Alysanne I stress so much.
    Kersea's parts in general have been pretty stressful lately.
    It'll destroy me if Kersea or Alysanne dies.

Yay Edrick!

The Voting is closed! Kersea is going to stay inside with Alysanne Drent is going to follow Ian Shortwood I can already reveal one

• Seems to me Kersea was meant to die no matter which option we picked this time. If so, probably because Clayton was already pissed, hope Alysanne can in that case avenge her.

AgentZ46 posted: »

My literal reaction when I saw the Alysanne choice: "YES! YES! YES!" Whenever there's a choice concerning Alysanne I stress so much. Kers

• fearing blackout due to storm, have to quickly post before too late, hope this stays hidden enough here, is still unfinished

Quenton "The Silver Skull" Qoherys

Quenton is the head of House Qoherys, vassal House to the Targaryens with the motto "Loyal Until Death". His family was always one of noble Valyrian warriors and since the Doom of Valyria his House served the Targayens loyally. He's 47 years old, two meters tall, with one left violet eye, his right one was lost in battle against Lord Gaedon Galenrys during the war in Volantis as he fought beside the Targaryens. As such, his missing right eye has now a black dragonhide eyepatch, with a silver skull embroidery on it. His silver hair is cut short in military fashion and he has a trimmed full beard which still makes a few women swoon.

He's not as muscular he once was, but he is still a fearsome combatant. He wears a black dyed gambeson under a steel half plate painted in silver, adorned with red and yellow flames. He wields the classic sword and shield combination to battles. The House CoA on the shield, and the sword is the dynastic Valyrian steel warhammer, with head and shaft formed from the same piece of metal. Its name is "Skullcrusher", and is ideal against heavily armored foes.

Background Music: Silver Skull

He married once and has children from that marriage, but she died, and now Quenton is a widower for over ten years. If Orys is the "right hand man" to Aegon then Quenton is the "left hand man", meaning that after the sisters and Orys he's the closest to Aegon Targaryen as an experienced commander who also knows how and when to use a dragon in battle. Currently master-at-arms of Dragonstone Quenton was in the past a ship captain and raider, then one of the appointed leaders in the Essos War against Volantis. His flagship "Valyrian Skull" is still sailing under the command of his daughter, even though the remaining fleet was handed over to House Targaryen and House Velaryon. House Qoherys was one of the last Valyrian families to still have living dragons, their last dragon died under the leadership of Quenton's great-grandfather. The skull of that dragon adorns the ship as figurehead.

He is disciplined, fearless, stubborn, almost impossible to please in military matters, always ready for a fight, always swearing about some mistake made by a soldier under him, or because of badly maintained equipment. As former ship captain he also has a few harsh words to those who command badly maintained ships, not just troops. He even badmouthed one of the Targaryen sisters once quite loudly, which made her pale with anger while the other girl began to snicker, and Aegon himself laughed out loud. Only Aegon never got any criticism from him, he always looked perfect before Quenton, perhaps he is naturally like that, or maybe he made extra sure not to present himself before Quenton as anything less. Once Quenton stood before the hungry dragon of Aegon, this happened before the war in Essos, and stared at it with both his eyes until the beast got its feed. Everyone except Aegon believed him to soon be gobbled up, but no, Quenton rather stared the dragon into submission, made it wait for its meat while the two stared each other down. Since then Aegon sometimes recalls the scene, and declares that his dragon must be grateful for Quenton losing one of his eyes, as now it would easily win a staring match.

As a soldier he always had issues to know how to handle a family, he basically raised them as soldiers, or at least tried to. This more or less worked with two twins, but not with the firstborn son. Even though the firstborn son is a dangerous fighter his temperament and personality is far from the perfect quality soldier Quenton has in mind.

Quenton has a few notable quirks, he hates to stand under towers and in doorways, he always fears the tower would fall on him, or someone could backstab him in such doorways. He got a liking for Summer Islander chocolate, Arbor wine, and Dornish black steel. He himself doesn't use anything made of Dornish black steel but his six elite guards are fully armored in it, and wear weapons and shields made of it. He also made a full black plate armor many years ago as a birthday present for his firstborn, Quingar.

Oh my god, I haven't even noticed this! It was an accident, I swear! Man, I feel terrible now XD

• Can't wait to go back to the north!

The Voting is closed! Kersea is going to stay inside with Alysanne Drent is going to follow Ian Shortwood I can already reveal one

• Edrick

When Edrick took the first bite out of the piece of roasted deer in front of him, he noticed just how hungry he was. While it was not a bad deer, it was more than just a bit too bloody for Edrick's taste, yet he ate it as if it was the best thing he ever had in his life, just to ease the pain in his stomach. It had been a blessing that

Darreth, who was eating with a similar appetite, noticed it and smirked, though his smirk quickly died down when he directed it at Evelyn Frostborn, who was still frowning. Visibly uncomfortable in the presence of the strangers, Lord Frostborn's daughter was seated between her mother and her youngest brother. She quietly ate her meal, while focussing mostly on the plate itself, rarely making eye contact with any of them.

It was Dante who spoke first. “Lord Frostborn, you mentioned a favour we could do for you, is that correct?”, he asked curiously, yet politely. Behind him, gloomy twilight came through the windows of the Great Hall, as the sun had set a few minutes ago. Lionel Frostborn took a sip from the cup of wine in front of him, before he gave him a calm nod.

“Indeed”, he said in a sombre tone. “It is about my son” Next to him, the aura of calmness Lady Elizabeth emitted got a short, but severe crack, as she sharply inhaled. Her son Lucien next to her clenched his teeth, while Evelyn stopped eating for a second. The only one who showed little reaction was Alphyn, located to his father's right and next to Dante himself. Apparently unaffected, he continued eating, though Edrick saw that he was tensing up fleetingly.

“I have four of them, you see”, Lionel explained. “My two eldest, twins, Alphyn and Lupin. Then Lucien and finally... the youngest, Connor” Now, Alphyn pressed his lips together, while Elizabeth looked down onto her plate as well. Lucien meanwhile rolled his single eye, a shiver going through the scarred flesh on the right side of his face.

“As you can see, only two of my sons currently reside here, while the other two are absent”, Lionel continued and his expression grew sullen and dark. “Lupin, Alphyn's twin brother, has left the family years ago. There have been... severe disagreements”

A sneer formed on Alphyn's face. “That's a nice way of lying to our guests, father”, he growled and his mother glared at him. “Alphyn!”, she hissed sternly and the knight sighed. “Alright, alright”, he mumbled. “Continue” He and Edrick exchanged a glance and he shook his head in frustration.

Lionel gulped under Dante's questioning stare. “As I said, we had disagreements. Lupin had to leave the family, but unfortunately, he... has left his mark”, the lord mumbled, barely looking the far younger man in the eyes. “My youngest son Connor was always fascinated by Lupin. He took his disappearance badly”

“He was the only one”, Lucien softly murmured and not even his mother managed to scold him. Instead, Edrick noticed an odd change about her behaviour. As soon as the talk switched towards Lupin Frostborn, Elizabeth seemed to focus more on her daughter. Evelyn's behaviour meanwhile showed no difference. In silence and barely looking up, she ate her meal, as if she wasn't even listening.

“A few months ago, he vanished”, Lionel continued. “He took one of our horses, supplies, coin... and a knife. Lupin's knife” Dante and Darreth exchanged a look, but it was Edrick who answered. “Does that mean you wish for us to find your son?”, he deduced and Lionel gave him a nod. Immediately, Dante bit his lower lip. “Apologies, Lord Frostborn, but I'm afraid that is not possible”, he stated. “We're already searching for Lady Alys and she is our priority”

Lionel gave him a nod and for a moment, strength flared up in his eyes. “And I understand that of course”, he said firmly. “I already knew it and I haven't called you here to waste your time. I have reason to believe that my son and Lady Alys can be found at the same location”

With these words, he gained Edrick's curiosity. “Oldtown”, Lionel explained. “Lady Alys stayed here for a night and she mentioned the city. The girl wishes to see the world and Oldtown is her gateway to it. At the same time, I have reason to believe that my son is there as well” He paused and took a deep breath. “Both of my sons”

“Oldtown you say...”, Dante mumbled. “Are you sure she has travelled there? Why not Gulltown, or White Harbour?” Lionel shook his head. “If she wants to see the world, it has to be one of the three, that much is true. But Lord Manderly knows her and she wouldn't risk getting caught now”

“She wouldn't risk getting sent back. She really doesn't want to marry that boy. By the way, is he one of your cousins?”, Alphyn commented and Dante gulped. Elizabeth looked up and slightly shook her head. “Gulltown would be closer than Oldtown, sure”, Lionel was quick to comment. “Crossing the Riverlands will already be dangerous enough for her. But crossing the Mountains of the Moon on her own? The girl is young and naïve, but not stupid”

“And she told me”, Evelyn Frostborn's soft voice was heard. Elizabeth threw a worried glance at her daughter, who had gotten slightly paler just from speaking. She threw a shy look at the others, visibly uncomfortable in the presence of the strangers. “She... told me she would travel to the Reach and beyond. She could have only meant Oldtown” Quickly, the young woman looked away again.

“We have received word that Lupin has reached Oldtown as well, a while ago”, Lionel said and Edrick saw that Evelyn started to shiver slightly. “Shortly afterwards, Connor disappeared, which makes me believe he went to find his brother in the city”

“Respectfully, m'lord”, Leo said and Dante glanced at him. It was the first time the young hunter had said a thing during their meal, but his voice wasn't shy and cautious like Evelyn's, but calm and collected. “But now that you have told us about Alys' location, why should we still spend valuable time trying to find your son as well?”

Lionel frowned and it was Lady Elizabeth who answered. “Because my husband will grant you important assistance on your mission”, she explained calmly. “The best tracker this side of Winterfell, my son Alphyn”

A cocky grin formed on Alphyn's face. “You forgot that I'm a decent swordsman as well, mother”, he said. “Though, I'm only the second best tracker. Uncle Darko is better than me and Lupin has been better than both of us”

“My brother-in-law”, Lionel explained to Edrick's questioning look. “Ser Darko Mogfield, Elizabeth's only living brother. He's currently on an extended hunting trip and I don't expect him back before overmorrow” Edrick noticed Lucien's frown. “And he's not the kind of man you want with you”, he added. “He has spent a lot of time with Lupin, back when my brother had been merely a child”

“Lucien, that's quite enough”, Elizabeth hissed sharply and the young man shrugged. “Another truth you don't like to hear”, he said coldly. “Given what Lupin yearned for, Uncle Darko has been awfully lucky, don't you agree?”

Before Elizabeth could answer, she noticed what Edrick had noticed as well. Tears had formed in Evelyn's eyes and her fists were clenched tightly. She heavily bit her lower lip, up to the point where Edrick was afraid she could genuinely hurt herself. The look in her eyes was distant, fixed on a single spot on the table.

“Evie?”, Elizabeth asked and the young woman sobbed and shivered. “Forgive me, mother”, she mumbled with a calmness that seemed out of place for how obviously bad she felt. “I... tried. I think I should go to bed now” She tried to rise from the table, though her mother grabbed her forearm. “Evie, please”, she said softly and looked at her husband. Lionel sighed, before he threw an apologetic look at Dante. “Ser Dante, Ser Edrick, please forgive me. It appears I need to speak to my daughter”

Immediately, Dante gave him a nod. “Of course, mylord”, he said politely. Lionel looked at Alphyn. “Please, show our guests their rooms for the night”, he ordered, before he shifted his attention back at the still shaking Evelyn. While Elizabeth comforted her daughter, Lucien stared at the scene with a glare out of his one eye.

“As you wish, father”, Alphyn stated, before he rose from the table and looked at the guests. “Please, follow me” Without looking at his family, he started to walk out of the room and hesitantly, Edrick and the others followed. While they walked, Edrick threw a glance at Evelyn Frostborn, who was crying bitter tears, her eyes opened widely.

Alphyn was waiting outside the Great Hall, next to the large portrait showing the Frostborn family. Once again, Edrick shivered at the piercing stare of the young man next to Alphyn. “It's quite a work, isn't it?”, Alphyn said half-heartedly, as soon as Darreth, who was the last to leave, had closed the door behind him.

“A beautiful piece of art”, Dante said diplomatically and Alphyn chuckled. “A terrible piece of shit, you mean”, he responded. “You don't have to fear provoking me, Ser. I know it's not the best. Nicely drawn maybe, but... unsettling”

Edrick glanced at the youngest boy on the portrait, not much more than a toddler in the arms of Lady Elizabeth. “Your brother?”, he asked. Alphyn hesitated for a moment. “Yes, Connor”, he said. “Back when he was a sweet kid”

“What happened?”, Edrick asked and Alphyn sighed. “Lupin happened”, he answered and Edrick once again found himself drawn to the piercing stare of Alphyn's twin on the picture, to the condescending smirk and the wolfish stance. “My brother has left his scars on all of us. Physical in Lucien's case, mental in case of the rest. Evelyn took his actions especially bad, so please forgive her behaviour just now”

“I took no offence”, Edrick responded and Alphyn seemed relieved. “Though, if I may ask, what was it that Lupin did? This terrible thing you hint at” Alphyn's expression hardened. “I don't think father would appreciate when I reveal the worst of his actions, so I'll keep it with the comparably minor offences”, he growled. “There is, for example, murder. He might be my twin in appearance, but in mind he's not even human, more like a beast. He is a brilliant hunter and tracker and he used this to stalk travellers in these woods, to lure them into traps and to kill them, quickly if they were lucky”

Edrick gulped and noticed Dante's horrified expression. “You call this a minor offence?”, he asked and Alphyn gave him a nod. “Compared to his other actions, yes”, he answered. “My twin brother is a monster and I don't consider him part of the family anymore. Unlike most of my relatives, I have no problem with admitting it” With an upset expression, he glanced at the Great Hall. “Unfortunately, father has a different opinion”, he said coldly. “When presented with a chance to hang him as the murderer he is, my father hesitated. He couldn't slay his kin, so he banished him from our lands. And this knowledge, that he allowed future murders to happen, it broke him, turned him into this sullen husk you saw in there”

With a long sigh, Alphyn turned his attention away from the portrait. “But I believe we have spent enough time discussing my broken family”, he mumbled. “Let me show you your rooms, you must be exhausted from the journey. Better get some rest soon, we have an even longer road ahead of us”

“So you really plan on accompanying us, Ser Alphyn?”, Darreth asked and Alphyn gave him a nod. “Do I need your permission, squire?”, he growled in a rough tone. Immediately, Darreth shook his head. “Not at all, Ser”, he stated diplomatically, though Edrick saw a slightly irritated look on his face. “Let me welcome you in our group. It appears our list of people to find has increased as well”

Alphyn smirked in a scoffing way at this. “Connor you mean? I don't need the little bastard in my life”, he snarled, as he led the group through a hallway and up a set of stairs. “I'm trying to find him for the sake of my family. Mother and father and especially Evie, they miss him. Maybe even Lucien, though he would never admit it” He shrugged. “Me? I never had much love for him. He reminds me of Lupin”

“Lupin sounds like a terrible person”, Dante remarked and Alphyn gave him a nod. “Hardly a person at all. A force of nature, only barely sane, vicious, cruel and with a temper worse than a dornishman”, he answered. Dante frowned. “If we succeed with finding both of your brothers, what are you going to do?”, he asked. Alphyn hesitated to answer. “I'd bring Connor back home, as I promised. For Evie, mostly. But Lupin? I'd kill him without a second thought. Where my father was weak, I'll show strength”

They entered a hallway with several small doors to each side. Alphyn stopped next to one and gave Dante a nod. “Ser Dante, this one would be yours. I'm afraid it's not what you're used at Karhold, but it's the best we have”, he said and Dante gave him a nod. “I'm sure it will be alright”, he answered. “I'm not demanding much when it comes to a room for the night. Somewhat dry would be nice and I'd hate to get stabbed in the night”

Alphyn smirked. “No stabbing from my side”, he answered. “Though the rats have been rather nasty, I can't promise anything for them” He pointed at the door next. “Hunter, this one is yours. Probably the best damn bed you ever slept in”, he said towards Leo. “Squire, you have the one on the opposite. Still close enough for your knight, I hope”

Without reacting to the squire's irritated glare, he pointed at the door next to Darreth's room. “Ser Edrick, this one will be yours”, he told him. “I hope you're all going to find the accommodations to your liking, but if you have any complaints, direct them at the servants”

Dante gave him a nod and Alphyn turned around, though before he was able to go, Edrick cleared his throat, gaining his attention. “Ser Alphyn”, he said. “There is one thing that I just had to think about” Alphyn turned around a questioning look on his face. “Lord Frostborn knew about Alys' identity and her intentions”, Edrick stated. “Why hasn't he stopped her? Was it simple respect for her wishes? Or maybe he wanted to force Lord Boleyn into helping him in finding Connor”

Alphyn raised an eyebrow. “Surprisingly deep thoughts, Ser”, he complimented him. “The answer is, I don't know. It's hard to say what father truly plans these days. Lupin's actions broke him, turned him into a shell of his former self, but he used to be a cunning man once. I wouldn't put it past him” He turned around again. “Though, I hate gossiping about family. I wish you a good night, Ser” With these words, he started to walk down the hallway again, leaving Edrick and his group alone.

“Well... I can certainly need a good night of sleep”, Darreth remarked and turned to his goal. “You're managing fine, Dan?” Dante gave him a nod. “Of course”, he answered and let out a deep yawn. “But I could use some sleep as well. Especially if Ser Alphyn is going to be a permanent addition to our group”

“I hope not”, Leo growled sullenly, before he was the first to open the door to his room. Darreth shrugged, before he did the same. Dante gave Edrick a polite nod and turned towards his room as well and finally, Edrick opened the door to his.

The room was small, but warm and comfortable. The servants had brought his belongings to the room already and a fire burned in the fireplace. A bed was standing near the wall and it looked irresistibly inviting. Through a window, Edrick could see the courtyard below, illuminated by the moon and a few stars.

He let out a hearty yawn, as he started to remove his clothes, at least the shoes, the gambeson and the shirt. Without paying much attention, he threw the things to the floor, next to his backpack, before he stumbled towards his bed. He sat on it, though immediately fell back, onto the soft, comfortable sheets. With a relieved smile, he crawled underneath the blanket, where sleep soon came over him.

It shouldn't last long. “Goddamn it!”, an angry voice yelled, causing Edrick, who had never been blessed with a deep sleep, to wake up. The fire was already burned down and it was dark in his room, though a few rays of moonlight found their way through the window.

“What have you done in there?”, the voice yelled again and now, Edrick recognized it. He had never heard Dante Karstark actually raising his voice, but there was no doubt that this was him, unusually agitated. Judging by his voice, he was standing outside of his room, in the hallway. “Dan, calm down”, Darreth's voice sounded, far softer.

“I have found out the truth about you!”, a third voice hissed and Edrick needed a moment to recognize Leo, his voice oozing with a calm, unsettling sort of anger. Edrick sighed, as he rose from his bed. Still only wearing his trousers, he opened the door and stepped out into the hallway.

As expected, he saw Dante, pressing Leo against a wall, with Darreth standing next to them. The knight was wearing only his trousers as well, though both Leo and Darreth had taken the time to put on a shirt. Edrick also noticed that Leo was holding a small piece of paper, a letter perhaps.

“What is going on here?”, he asked sternly and Dante glanced over his shoulder. “I woke up to a strange sound in my room and found Leo here searching through my belongings!”, he stated firmly, but still with anger. “I consider myself an affable man, but that takes it too far! He stole something from me and now he refuses to give it back!”

Leo glared at him. “Yeah, I stole from you”, he admitted. “I knew I had a bad feeling about you. Alys must have had a good reason for not marrying you, so I had to search through your room, to make sure that I find out what kind of a game you're playing here” He rose the piece of paper. “And just guess what I found out here!”

“A private letter which is none of your concern!”, Dante yelled. Leo shook his head. “Oh, but it is very much of our concern and especially of Alys'”, he stated coldly. “I have read it. Perhaps you only saw me as a stupid peasant. Perhaps you didn't thought I can read. I can't read very good, but what I understood means nothing good to Lady Alys!”

“I didn't thought you'd break into my room at night!”, Dante responded. “I considered you a part of our group, I was willing to trust you and you pull off something like that!” Leo glared at Edrick. “Ser Edrick, take the letter and read it!”, he demanded, holding the letter into his direction. “You'll see that Ser Dante here has been entirely dishonest with you!”

“This is a private letter!”, Dante snarled. “More importantly, it is my property! I will share the contents of the letter with you once I'm ready for it, but for now it is of no concern to you. It will not affect you and it will not affect Lady Alys in any negative way, this I promise by my honour as a knight!”

“More like your promise as a liar”, Leo spat and Dante clenched his teeth, visibly restraining himself. Darreth looked similarly offended and he threw a pleading look towards Edrick. “A little bit of help with breaking them up?”, he asked. “Dante won't harm him, but I'm not sure if Leo won't do anything stupid”

“Read that fucking letter and I'll stand down peacefully”, Leo offered, still holding the letter into Edrick's direction. Now, Dante looked at him again. “Ser Edrick, I can only repeat myself”, he said. “This is a private letter from my uncle, addressed solely towards me. Yes, I hold back on one secret, but it is nothing you have to know for now and it is nothing negative, you can trust me. Once it comes up, we can still discuss it, but not now” He glared at Leo. “I'll share my secrets in time, but certainly not in the presence of this thief!”

[Take the letter and read it] [Break up the fight without reading the letter]

• edited August 2016

[Take the letter and read it]

and it is nothing negative

Then surely it can't cause long term harm to read it

Edrick When Edrick took the first bite out of the piece of roasted deer in front of him, he noticed just how hungry he was. While it was

• [Break up the fight without reading the letter] I guess this because if we're going to find out anyway it might be better, maybe?

Lupin does not sound like a chill man. I suspected Dante was hiding something, but part of me just doesn't really care right now. If we're going to get Alys anyway, might as well stay focused.

Edrick When Edrick took the first bite out of the piece of roasted deer in front of him, he noticed just how hungry he was. While it was

• Lupin does not sound like a chill man.

Another potential murderer from the North with a wolf-like name

[Break up the fight without reading the letter] I guess this because if we're going to find out anyway it might be better, maybe? Lupin d

• I mean, lupins are plants, but I guess there always is Professor Lupin who is a werewolf.

Lupin does not sound like a chill man. Another potential murderer from the North with a wolf-like name

• Wow I was really suprised about this coming up so soon but very interested. I could go either way to be honest. [Break up the fight without reading the letter] I won't explain why I picked this for... reasons.

• [Break up the fight without reading the letter]

• [Break up the fight without reading the letter]

• I mean, lupins are plants, but I guess there always is Professor Lupin who is a werewolf.

o_O

Lupin(e) from Latin lupinus - wolfish/wolflike
    Lupus - wolf

That is, unless you talk about Arsène Lupin or Lupin the Third

I mean, lupins are plants, but I guess there always is Professor Lupin who is a werewolf.

• (Take the letter and read it)

• edited August 2016

Lupins are also flowers :p

enter image description here

I mean, lupins are plants, but I guess there always is Professor Lupin who is a werewolf. o_O Lupin(e) from Latin lupinus - wolfish/wolflike Lupus - wolf That is, unless you talk about Arsène Lupin or Lupin the Third

• their name also comes from latin wolflike

Lupins are also flowers

• [Break up the fight without reading the letter] It'd be a better idea not to piss off the young lord who we are probably going to spend a book long journey with, and seeing how he is going to tell us anyway I see no harm in waiting. And if he is lying Leo will call it out. Also does anyone else think Lupn is actually the sphnyx and that Connor his assistant is the Frostborn kid? Like it would make sense seeing how Lupin likes to cause people harm. I hope there is a choice not to bring Alphyn because all he is going to bring is a lot of arguing better the group. There is no need to bring two hunters and there is no way we can just boot leo out of the group without him trying to follow us. Really regretting bringing Leo along.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.