The Thread of general TWD-related questions

Comments

• NEVER!

ANARCHYYYYYY!!!!!!

(ok I'll stop)

Raven, pls.

• Do the game characters besides Clementine, Luke, and Sarah have confirmed ages?

• Lee was 37.
    The was makes me so sad still.

DabigRG posted: »

Do the game characters besides Clementine, Luke, and Sarah have confirmed ages?

• do you think a character from the walking dead comic could possibly be be in season 3

For sure (if Telltale sticks to their word) there will certainly be some comic characters in season 3. They have said it in a couple interviews about TWD. Though I don't think it's possible for Michonne to be in the game because of where she is in the comics right now.

do you think a character from the walking dead comic could possibly be be in season 3 ? we do know its possible michonne will be in there

• Okay, question: Do any of the other groups, such as the 400 Days Cast, have any more proper names?

• Comics 13 and show he's supposed to be like 10

Does anyone know how old Carl is(in both the comics and the show)?

• How long a time period is a thread too old to bump and comment in? I can't seem to find an exact time limit.

• I would say 6 months, but I don't see what the big deal is. It seems a non-issue to me. If someone has something to add to the conversation, let them. That's better than having the same discussion multiple times.

How long a time period is a thread too old to bump and comment in? I can't seem to find an exact time limit.

• Because people usually think that March, April, May = Spring; June, July, August = Summer; September, October, November = Fall and December, January, February = Winter.

However, it actually is: Winter = December 21 to March 20; Spring = March 21 to June 20; Summer = June 21 to September 20 and Fall = September 21 to December 20.

Relating to release dating: if Fall officially ends almost at the end of December, why is December considered Winter instead of Fall?

• Truth Dat! Thanks!

I would say 6 months, but I don't see what the big deal is. It seems a non-issue to me. If someone has something to add to the conversation, let them. That's better than having the same discussion multiple times.

• Why exactly do people seem to hate on Brie? Or, to a lesser degree, Molly?

• I haven't seen much said against Molly, to be honest, other than some people thinking she's an over-glorified character.

Brie rarely comes up in discussions at all. I would guess players didn't like her because she's kind of a b*tch to Lee. She was a neutral character to me, though I felt bad for the way she died.

Why exactly do people seem to hate on Brie? Or, to a lesser degree, Molly?

• I didn't hate Brie, but I did not like her very much. I think the reason people hated her is because when we first met her, she tried to convince Vernon to shoot us.
    Not a good first impression...

As for Molly, I'm not sure why.

Why exactly do people seem to hate on Brie? Or, to a lesser degree, Molly?

• edited August 2016

Ah, don't you just love the protagonist centered morality?
    If you're nice to me, you're the best character ever!
    If you're not so nice to me, you deserve to die!

Makes you wonder why some nice characters get flak while other less likable are loved.

I haven't seen much said against Molly, to be honest, other than some people thinking she's an over-glorified character. Brie rarely come

• Well, to be fair, they were hiding from a darwinistic leader. I'd even argue she was more justified than Rebecca, since said villain was several feet above them.

I didn't hate Brie, but I did not like her very much. I think the reason people hated her is because when we first met her, she tried to convince Vernon to shoot us. Not a good first impression... As for Molly, I'm not sure why.

• I have a theory regarding that. I think people are more forgiving when they control the outcome. Kenny, Lilly, and to a lesser degree Bonnie and Ben can all be nice to you or not depending on how you interact with them or certain choices you make. Whereas characters like Brie, Larry, and Arvo (There are extenuating circumstances surrounding Arvo. I'm referring to him shooting Clementine no matter what) are jerks regardless of your treatment of them/choices.

Ah, don't you just love the protagonist centered morality? If you're nice to me, you're the best character ever! If you're not so nice to

• Notice opinion is divided more evenly for characters whose attitudes were determinant. Brie, Larry, and Arvo are generally disliked.

Ah, don't you just love the protagonist centered morality? If you're nice to me, you're the best character ever! If you're not so nice to

• Okay, then. Though I'd argue that Arvo and especially Larry deserve it compared to Brie.

I have a theory regarding that. I think people are more forgiving when they control the outcome. Kenny, Lilly, and to a lesser degree Bonnie

• Holy separate post, Batman!

To be honest, I was subtlely refering to some of the characters whose reaction is kinda off compared to their actual portrayal. Those introduced in Season 2 (Luke, Alvin, Reggie, etc.), seem to get this the most.

Notice opinion is divided more evenly for characters whose attitudes were determinant. Brie, Larry, and Arvo are generally disliked.

• Do we ever find out what caused the outbreak in any iteration?

• Why do the character's assume turning will be a horrifying experience? Is there any real basis for that?

• Turning doesn't exactly look like it'll be fun. It's mainly a precaution so the bitten person knows they won't come back and kill other survivors. You really wouldn't want to die knowing you'll come back and eat people. Or would you? Dun dun dun

Why do the character's assume turning will be a horrifying experience? Is there any real basis for that?

• edited August 2016

It's mainly a precaution so the bitten person knows they won't come back and kill other survivors.

"Ah yes, you just worry about being safe. It's not like I can just pass away in my sleep so that if/when I turn, you'll be long gone. So go ahead and hit me in the head with a f@cking saltlick so you don't get eaten by me. Nah, I don't mind being killed in a f@cked up way if it means the asshole I'm trapped with gets to live another day. "

You really wouldn't want to die knowing you'll come back and eat people. Or would you? Dun dun dun

I don't know how answer that. Considering walkers don't really give a fuck about whatever they do, probably not. At the very least, I would want to be able to enjoy whatever I decide to I want to eat--with exceptions...[There's an image I want to link here but it might go against the rules....]

Kenny726 posted: »

Turning doesn't exactly look like it'll be fun. It's mainly a precaution so the bitten person knows they won't come back and kill other survivors. You really wouldn't want to die knowing you'll come back and eat people. Or would you? Dun dun dun

• edited August 2016

Well the saltlick situation was very gruesome and hasty, I'll admit. I meant in the broader sense of someone dying no matter what. Honestly, it's up to the individual and what they'd want.

Like if I was bit, I'd want to first try amputation or something to make sure I'm dead no matter what. If I still had loved one's, I'd say my goodbyes and then shoot myself in the head or something so I didn't come back. I wouldn't want to reanimate and I wouldn't want someone I care about to have to finish me off. So uh...that got kind of dark kind of fast. I couldn't die (or un-die) knowing I could possibly kill others.

So it could go either way. The above is what I'd want and why, but I'd understand if you or someone else would prefer otherwise.

And uh...about that image...
    ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ???

It's mainly a precaution so the bitten person knows they won't come back and kill other survivors. "Ah yes, you just worry about bei

• edited August 2016

If I still had loved one's, I'd say my goodbyes and then shoot myself in the head or something so I don't come back. I wouldn't want to reanimate and I wouldn't want someone I care about to have to finish me off. So uh...that got kind of dark kind of fast.

I know, right.:cry:

I couldn't die (or un-die) knowing I could possibly kill others.

I probably could. It would depend on the circumstances and variables, honestly.

And uh...about that image...

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ???

I can't find it anyway but I swear it exists. I just use this as a placeholder and say the punch line is "I love the Dead!"

Kenny726 posted: »

Well the saltlick situation was very gruesome and hasty, I'll admit. I meant in the broader sense of someone dying no matter what. Honestly,

• Why are there very few kid and teen characters? Particularly males.

• Ive also really been wondering this. So I looked it up, and it turns out that Robert Kirkman has not thought out any concrete causes for it, and that is because he never actually plans to tell us. He says that there may be hints of it throughout the comics(so probably for the show as well) but we may never find out in the end.

Do we ever find out what caused the outbreak in any iteration?

• Okay.

Ive also really been wondering this. So I looked it up, and it turns out that Robert Kirkman has not thought out any concrete causes for it,

• ¯_(ツ)_/¯

Why are there very few kid and teen characters? Particularly males.

• .* ignorantly googles *

Yeah, just an odd omission given who the main character is.

¯_(ツ)_/¯

• Children are phisically weak, and most of them are not smart enough to survive the zombies and rapist phycos. In the comics there are many kids, thought, since there are many communities to keep them safe.

The male part is obvious: boys are stupid so they all die.

Little girls are destined to be lesbian #Hilarious #OkNotThatHilarious #IAmButAMereFool #KillMeNow

.* ignorantly googles * Yeah, just an odd omission given who the main character is.

• The male part is obvious: boys are stupid so they all die.

Please try to keep your overboard generalizations to yourself.

Children are phisically weak, and most of them are not smart enough to survive the zombies and rapist phycos. In the comics there are many k

• edited August 2016

NEVER

#PleaseGuysKillMeNow

The male part is obvious: boys are stupid so they all die. Please try to keep your overboard generalizations to yourself.

• edited August 2016

NEVER

#PleaseGuysKillMeNow

(EDIT: No, God, no Double post again... )

The male part is obvious: boys are stupid so they all die. Please try to keep your overboard generalizations to yourself.

• Children are phisically weak, and most of them are not smart enough to survive the zombies and rapist phycos.

Some of them are bound to be. Olco, Cpellin Scillz!

The male part is obvious: boys are stupid so they all die.

Well, that's not chauvinistic at all. Also, that's part of the reason I asked since we've only had Duck(plus James and Alex) so far.

Little girls are destined to be lesbian

Just like Sarah and Jane. :lol:

Children are phisically weak, and most of them are not smart enough to survive the zombies and rapist phycos. In the comics there are many k

• Some of them are bound to be. Olco, Cpellin Scillz!

Wut?

Well, that's not chauvinistic at all. Also, that's part of the reason I asked since we've only had Duck(plus James and Alex) so far.

Sorry

Just like Sarah and Jane. :D

Ok I know you hate poor gay people with no reason enough to compare them with that bitch Jane but do you hate Sarah so much to think she has any similarity with that selfish monster? WHAT DO HOY HAVE AGAINST SARAH???

Children are phisically weak, and most of them are not smart enough to survive the zombies and rapist phycos. Some of them are bound

• Wut?

Wut? U doent no how 2 cpell?

Ok I know you hate poor gay people with no reason enough to compare them with that bitch Jane but do you hate Sarah so much to think she has any similarity with that selfish monster? WHAT DO HOY HAVE AGAINST SARAH???

enter image description here

Also, I don't hate gay people--just Jane. :imp_grin:

Some of them are bound to be. Olco, Cpellin Scillz! Wut? Well, that's not chauvinistic at all. Also, that's part of the reason

• Would it be okay to make a TWD/Nintendo thread? (Either in general or with the specific thing I had in mind)

• How long do you think the edit function and other site changes will be in effect?

• But why do you think Sarah is homosexual?

Wut? Wut? U doent no how 2 cpell? Ok I know you hate poor gay people with no reason enough to compare them with that bitch Jan

Sign in to comment in this discussion.