Forum of Thrones: An Interactive Story

Comments

• [Hand the death warrant over to Leonard]

might be the best choice to keep it safe and to keep him safe

Good enough for me. Don't trust Saerya, evil.

I think most logical and sensible people will vote the other choice, but I'm taking a stand on this, so if Leonard dies or something I can blame other people. Maybe Saerya would do something good with it, I don't know. Regardless, I'll take a stand.

“Really?”, he asked in return and when Jenna still did not realize what he was speaking about, he sighed. “We're leeping together”, he answered

Leeping together huh?

I get the feeling you really wanted to get Federico in here. He got his screen time. Yay?

“A few fishing boats have not returned yesterday”, he revealed. “All of those that went out to the west”

“A storm?”, Arthur asked and Hackor shook his head. “There's none approaching”, he answered. “But maybe there's something else coming. I've seen it before” Arthur tensed up and instantly forgot about the corpse of the Septon. “You mean...”, he started to say, though Hackor cut him off. “I mean nothing”, he growled sternly

Maybe they encountered the feared Kraken, the black-crowned King of the sea, the greatest of all sea-dangers?

Arthur Arthur still felt a sting of guilt over leaving Aditha alone, but he knew, his father might need his help. He was even sure that H

Arthur Arthur still felt a sting of guilt over leaving Aditha alone, but he knew, his father might need his help. He was even sure that H

• [Hand the death warrant over to Saerya]

• [Hand the death warrant over to Saerya] It's tempting to give it to Leonard but Saerya needs it to prove her connection to Oldtown. Plus Saerya's great!

They're leeping together?

• edited August 2016

I think most logical and sensible people will vote the other choice, but I'm taking a stand on this, so if Leonard dies or something I can blame other people. Maybe Saerya would do something good with it, I don't know. Regardless, I'll take a stand.

Very understandable. I can confirm that Saerya and Leonard will do vastly different things with the death warrant. Obviously, Leonard has a personal interest in keeping it away from everyone, while Saerya is likely to use it against Sherryl, by showing it to the right people. Of course, her definition of the right people might differ from yours and she has no personal interest to keep Leonard safe. At the same time, she's not callous enough to screw him over for no reason, so it is unlikely that she will use it with the intention of getting him killed. It could certainly be an unfortunate side effect of her schemes though, that is a possibility.

Leeping together huh?

Yes indeed, leeping. An ancient chinese meditation technique, usually involving one person, me in this case, who has a problem with his version of Open Office and is unable to enable a correctly working spellchecker. It has been a problem in the latest few parts, ever since I got my new PC, which is why I occasionally make a couple of mistakes I usually would not make. I think now the time has come to sit down and fix this.

I get the feeling you really wanted to get Federico in here. He got his screen time. Yay?

Yes, this has been about as much screentime as he got in the last two chapters combined. Originally, Jenna was meant to encounter a random guard, but then I realized, I kind of had to include Federico here, if only to show that Saerya is willing to go pretty far to get what she wants. Their relationship could have also been revealed if Jenna would have talked to him in the last chapter.

Maybe they encountered the feared Kraken, the black-crowned King of the sea, the greatest of all sea-dangers?

enter image description here

Maybe, that's all I can say to that ;) The end of the chapter should tell you more about it.

[Hand the death warrant over to Leonard] might be the best choice to keep it safe and to keep him safe Good enough for me. Don

• I really, really need to find a way to restore my spellchecker to a working condition. It's starting to get embarrassing XD

AgentZ46 posted: »

[Hand the death warrant over to Saerya] It's tempting to give it to Leonard but Saerya needs it to prove her connection to Oldtown. Plus Saerya's great! They're leeping together?

• Did you mean leaping? Fedrico and Saerya go out and just jump over some obstacles :p

I really, really need to find a way to restore my spellchecker to a working condition. It's starting to get embarrassing XD

• That's a very interesting theory. Having a knight sworn to Raylansfair on her side could advance Saerya's cause tremendously, so she could benefit from such a move. At the same time, Leonard is strictly loyal to Raylansfair. He is very angry at Lucas for declaring his support to House Durrandon, so it remains to be seen if he would be willing to support House Targaryen. It would make him a hypocrite and he's well aware of that. At the same time, if Saerya would use the death warrant to force his loyalty, she would basically blackmail him and there is not much he could do against it. In such a case, it would be revealed if his survival instinct is stronger than his firm sense of loyalty.

Bounden posted: »

[Hand the death warrant over to Saerya] I want Saerya to use this as incentive to force Leonard to join Team Targaryen. May seem like blackm

• Man, this is brilliant :D I'd love to go with it and make it canon, I'm just afraid I'm never going to be able to show Federico in the story again, given how unexplainably hard it is for me to include him in a meaningful way. That might offer a possibility to show him though, with Jenna meeting both of them while they jump over stuff. To put it mildly, she wouldn't be the only one surprised by such a sight =)

AgentZ46 posted: »

Did you mean leaping? Fedrico and Saerya go out and just jump over some obstacles

• edited August 2016

[Hand the death warrant over to Saerya]

She wanted to give it to Saerya when she considered whom to give it to, and now Federico knows she has something from Sherryl, as such if Jenna gives it to Leonard and something happens at least two people will know her hand was in it, and as such since the moment Jenna bumped into Federico, who helped her (but also caught her in action, so to speak) siding with Saerya became the logical choice.

• make him officer to Baldwin later

Man, this is brilliant I'd love to go with it and make it canon, I'm just afraid I'm never going to be able to show Federico in the story a

• At the same time, Leonard is strictly loyal to Raylansfair. He is very angry at Lucas for declaring his support to House Durrandon, so it remains to be seen if he would be willing to support House Targaryen.

However, giving support to them for the benefit of Raylansfair and bending knee to the heir of a kingdom are different things, he doesn't even swears fealty. As such he may not even compare the two actions as similar.

That's a very interesting theory. Having a knight sworn to Raylansfair on her side could advance Saerya's cause tremendously, so she could b

• Perhaps its the Flood that Devours

[Hand the death warrant over to Leonard] might be the best choice to keep it safe and to keep him safe Good enough for me. Don

• It's better to be a living hypocrite than a dead sworn man of a dead house. It seems Frederico has finally made it on the screen besides from a being a background character. Ten years from now when they are retellng the story of Raylainsfair, there will be an unknown guardsmen who was know to leep with Saerya, who has now become the master of spies. This unknown guardsmen, who has been forgotten from history will always be close to our hearts for he did something, we think.

That's a very interesting theory. Having a knight sworn to Raylansfair on her side could advance Saerya's cause tremendously, so she could b

We finally get to see Federico and the first few minutes of him gives me a creepy vibe.

• edited August 2016

[Hand the death warrant over to Saerya] I know that this choice will probably be a bad one for Leonard but is the only one that can hurt the Butterfly

RT:

• Even if we,the readers,discover nothing new I like this Arthur part,not only we have a small glimpse of future events (the execution and the Ironbros arrival) but we even had another lovely conversation between Arthur and his father!
    • If I am not wrong you have introduced a new character inside the last Jenna PoV!But I can't remember his name! Frederick..Fidurith..Fedez..something? (PS:jokes aside I'm happy that finally that character found something to do even if I'm already a little sad for him,it's obviuos that Saerya is taking advantages of him)

• It would probably not work unless Leonard actually swears fealty to the Targaryens. Aegon wouldn't accept it any less and neither would Saerya. Meanwhile, giving support to Raylansfair has actually been one of Lucas' motivations to swear fealty to House Durrandon and it has been among Argella's key arguments that her father might be the only person in Westeros who is willing and able to defend the city from Maron Mullendore. Leonard won't get the best out of the deal without accepting the worst.

• (Hand the death warrant over to Leonard)

• It's better to be a living hypocrite than a dead sworn man of a dead house.

This is one opinion and Leonard might see things differently. He is absolutely no hypocrite and loyalty to those who've earned it is one of his key characteristics. That said, given the right arguments, Saerya might be able to convince him that he can serve the Targaryens and still keep his honour. Since he is one of the stubborn people in the story, trying to force him via blackmail might end badly.

It seems Frederico has finally made it on the screen besides from a being a background character.

Hah, you wish! Truth be told, I hope I'll be able to feature him more frequently from now on, but it has already gotten a bit ridiculous with how unlucky he got in terms of appearances. If the right choices would have won, he could have been vastly more important. Hopefully, this part was the start of a new age for him. Though, considering his horrible luck, I wouldn't be surprised if you've all forgotten his name by the end of Book 1 XD

Bounden posted: »

It's better to be a living hypocrite than a dead sworn man of a dead house. It seems Frederico has finally made it on the screen besides fro

• Creepy? I can confirm that was entirely unintended XD Guess that finally makes him Bad Luck Federico, right?

enter image description here

StarKing789 posted: »

[Hand the death warrant over to Saerya] We finally get to see Federico and the first few minutes of him gives me a creepy vibe.

• Well, there might be half a dozen chances for them to swear fealty to people in future anyway, or change their loyalties (or attempt to)

It would probably not work unless Leonard actually swears fealty to the Targaryens. Aegon wouldn't accept it any less and neither would Saer

• Even if we,the readers,discover nothing new I like this Arthur part,not only we have a small glimpse of future events (the execution and the Ironbros arrival) but we even had another lovely conversation between Arthur and his father!

Actually, there were two other important pieces of information that have been revealed in this part and which actually should be new to all of you. No one seems to have noticed until now and neither seemed particularly important in this part itself, but both will play a role in later parts of this chapter and both will have consequences.

If I am not wrong you have introduced a new character inside the last Jenna PoV!But I can't remember his name! Frederick..Fidurith..Fedez..something? (PS:jokes aside I'm happy that finally that character found something to do even if I'm already a little sad for him,it's obviuos that Saerya is taking advantages of him)

You are right! It seems there is indeed a new character, but I can't remember his name either. It's a shame, I'd love to include him in the character list. In all seriousness though, Saerya is indeed using him, that shouldn't be much of a surprise. She's not the kind of person to give in to passion when she's on an important mission. Though Federico is not stupid, he has probably realized that Saerya is up to something. It's likely that he simply does not mind and instead prefers to focus on the benefits of their arrangement.

[Hand the death warrant over to Saerya] I know that this choice will probably be a bad one for Leonard but is the only one that can hurt the

• [Hand the death warrant over to Saerya] I want Jenna and Saerya to be a team =)

• YES! This is another reason for my choice.

[Hand the death warrant over to Saerya] I want Jenna and Saerya to be a team

• Okay maybe the word creepy wasn't the right word to use but strange I would say. :P
    Mostly it was because this part got stuck in my head.

“Come on now”, he said and gave her a stern glare. With one hand, he leant against the wall, which blocked the way past him. Suddenly, he glanced past her, before shifting his attention back to her immediately. Quickly, he slid closer towards her, his mouth close to her ear. “Laugh as if I have made a joke”, he whispered. “Now”

Creepy? I can confirm that was entirely unintended XD Guess that finally makes him Bad Luck Federico, right?

• Actually, there were two other important pieces of information that have been revealed in this part and which actually should be new to all of you. No one seems to have noticed until now and neither seemed particularly important in this part itself, but both will play a role in later parts of this chapter and both will have consequences.

You mean the fact two twins disappeared and a small girl was killed? I must admit that I'm curious of the revelance that this two events will have in the future.

PS:Ahh,Raylainsfair..the only place in all Westeros that feature:a beast,many psycopaths assassin's,a political intrigue between almost all the main House's of ASOIAF,mercenaries with (and expecially without) scruples,a killer that take the hands of his victims (mmm...this remember me a certain manga),missing persons and even a mysterious and very dangerous "thing" inside a city archive...this place now need only an Ironborn raid to officially become the "Most beautifil city where start an happy and quiet life"!

Even if we,the readers,discover nothing new I like this Arthur part,not only we have a small glimpse of future events (the execution and the

• (mmm...this remember me a certain manga)

jojo?

Actually, there were two other important pieces of information that have been revealed in this part and which actually should be new to all

• exactly

joriandrake posted: »

(mmm...this remember me a certain manga) jojo?

• for some reason Raylansfair reminds me of Soul Eater & Danganronpa though

• Very understandable. I can confirm that Saerya and Leonard will do vastly different things with the death warrant. Obviously, Leonard has a personal interest in keeping it away from everyone, while Saerya is likely to use it against Sherryl, by showing it to the right people. Of course, her definition of the right people might differ from yours and she has no personal interest to keep Leonard safe. At the same time, she's not callous enough to screw him over for no reason, so it is unlikely that she will use it with the intention of getting him killed. It could certainly be an unfortunate side effect of her schemes though, that is a possibility.

The "right people" include a wide variety, but are limited to Ser Lucas Flowers (although his actions recently make him sketchy), Lord Donnel Selwyn, William Jefferson "Bill" Clinton, Blind Sniper, and Commander Shepard. Yikes, getting him killed a possibility? I don't know man. Sketchy.

Yes, this has been about as much screentime as he got in the last two chapters combined. Originally, Jenna was meant to encounter a random guard, but then I realized, I kind of had to include Federico here, if only to show that Saerya is willing to go pretty far to get what she wants. Their relationship could have also been revealed if Jenna would have talked to him in the last chapter.

How old are he and Saerya? I got the impression Federico was pretty young, but the whole thing with Saerya makes me curious how old he and Saerya actually are.

Maybe, that's all I can say to that ;) The end of the chapter should tell you more about it.

Are we gonna need a bigger boat?

I think most logical and sensible people will vote the other choice, but I'm taking a stand on this, so if Leonard dies or something I can b

• Actually, there were two other important pieces of information that have been revealed in this part and which actually should be new to all of you. No one seems to have noticed until now and neither seemed particularly important in this part itself, but both will play a role in later parts of this chapter and both will have consequences.

Maybe we noticed and forgot to write about it! I know I did (for the first one, not the second)

“There's something else”, Stratford said. “We found the corpse of a little girl, just this morning. Her right hand was cut off at the wrist and is still missing” A disgusted look flashed across Arthur's face. “One of the missing twins? Elisa and...”

“Rachel”, Hackor completed the sentence, before he shook his head. “And no, she was neither. A street girl, an orphan. We have no name, but...” He paused, before he gave Arthur a concerned look. “Someone goes around killing and mutilating little girls, abducting them, murdering our Septon in his cell. And the missing fishermen...” He sighed. “Something is happening with my city and I don't know if I'm strong enough to protect it”

“We”, Arthur corrected him, but Hackor shook his head. “Not you”, he answered calmly. “You're not a fighter, Arthur. You're not a killer. In times of peace, you serve this city well. But after Captain Stratford's report, I believe peace might end soon” He clenched his fists. “And whatever is going to happen, I will fight... and you won't”

“Father”, Arthur growled sharply, though Hackor's glare was far more understanding than usual. “After Captain Stratford's report, I have decided to prepone the execution”, he revealed and Arthur realized that he would not discuss this matter any further. “When?”, he asked in frustration and Hackor exchanged a glance with Daemion. “As soon as we have arrived at the town square”

So there's a girl named Rachel missing. Now where have we heard that name before?

Oh wait, good ol' Otis Shiff has a "daughter" named "Rachel" who was viciously attacked by "wolves". It's kind of confusing. Girl named Rachel is missing, but Otis several times calls her Sara. So my theory is that if Otis did have a daughter, maybe she did die from wolves, and then he kidnapped one of the twins are hurt her in the process, or something like this.

I don't know what to say about the other girl murdered though. Kreep?

Also, they are preponing the execution. Truth be told, I thought it was a typo for "postpone" but looking it up, it actually means to move an event sooner than originally planned.

So someone did notice!

Even if we,the readers,discover nothing new I like this Arthur part,not only we have a small glimpse of future events (the execution and the

• edited August 2016

I did not see this message till now. That's good to know. Sorry for assuming but even amazing stories like this one have that one fight scene where even though most of the cast had life-threatning injuries they instantly heal up in the next scenes.

There certainly are long-term injuries, that much I can promise! I mean, I'lian lost two fingers, it's not like he's going to regrow them an

Leonard should decide his own fate

• Hah, I understand what you mean. It was meant to be a bit strange for Jenna in this very moment as well, though it was to make her seem inconspicious towards Sherryl, since Federico just saw her approaching. If Jenna would have stuttered and behaved generally shady as she did towards Federico, then Sherryl could have suspected her. So, Federico actually did her a huge favour by protecting her from Sherryl, even if he might have appeared a bit strange in doing so =)

StarKing789 posted: »

Okay maybe the word creepy wasn't the right word to use but strange I would say. :P Mostly it was because this part got stuck in my head.

• Oh wait, good ol' Otis Shiff has a "daughter" named "Rachel" who was viciously attacked by "wolves". It's kind of confusing. Girl named Rachel is missing, but Otis several times calls her Sara. So my theory is that if Otis did have a daughter, maybe she did die from wolves, and then he kidnapped one of the twins are hurt her in the process, or something like this.

Maybe indeed. He could have also saved her from figurative wolves and is now nursing her back to health, that is another possibility in which Otis would end up as the good guy. Or maybe it is a random coincidence and a case of similar names. Your suspicions will be revealed either as true or false in the future, that much can be seen as a certainty.

I don't know what to say about the other girl murdered though. Kreep?

Again, that is a good possibility. Since I always have a limited space for the parts, many things I write are meant to include foreshadowing for later plot points, character appearances or twists. This murdered girl might be among them. Keep an eye out for the severed hand of a child in a future part, that might provide some interesting context for a key scene in the future.

Also, they are preponing the execution. Truth be told, I thought it was a typo for "postpone" but looking it up, it actually means to move an event sooner than originally planned.

Yeah, I had to look it up as well, which almost never happens. It appears to be the only possible translation of a relatively common german word and I was surprised there doesn't seem to be a more common word in english. But I kinda like the sound of it, it sounds exactly like a word Hackor would use. Also, I learned something new on that day.

So someone did notice!

Yes indeed! Some very interesting thoughts you have there!

Actually, there were two other important pieces of information that have been revealed in this part and which actually should be new to all

• edited August 2016

You mean the fact two twins disappeared and a small girl was killed? I must admit that I'm curious of the revelance that this two events will have in the future.

Yes indeed, that was what I meant. These details will be important in the future for sure.

PS:Ahh,Raylainsfair..the only place in all Westeros that feature:a beast,many psycopaths assassin's,a political intrigue between almost all the main House's of ASOIAF,mercenaries with (and expecially without) scruples,a killer that take the hands of his victims (mmm...this remember me a certain manga),missing persons and even a mysterious and very dangerous "thing" inside a city archive...this place now need only an Ironborn raid to officially become the "Most beautifil city where start an happy and quiet life"!

Trust me, it could always be worse. There could be dragons. But yeah, Raylansfair is far from a nice place to live with all the recent developments, or at least far from a safe place, even for Westerosi standards. For the sake of all its inhabitants, it remains to be hoped that the next ruler will be sane, competent and kind-hearted. Knowing Westeros, you can probably only pick two of these attributes if you're lucky.

• The "right people" include a wide variety, but are limited to Ser Lucas Flowers (although his actions recently make him sketchy), Lord Donnel Selwyn, William Jefferson "Bill" Clinton, Blind Sniper, and Commander Shepard. Yikes, getting him killed a possibility? I don't know man. Sketchy.

I can confirm, Bill Clinton and Blind Sniper are both among the people who would get access to this document. Lord Donnel Selwyn is another likely possibility, no one can read documents like him. Although they would look huge in his tiny hands. Lucas meanwhile is unlikely to ever see the documents if Saerya would get them, since he is now sworn to House Durrandon, a declared enemy of House Targaryen. Other right people in Saerya's eyes will include her contacts in Dragonstone and you know nothing about them or what they might have in mind for Leonard. And yes, if the wrong people gain knowledge about the death warrant, then Leonard will be in severe danger, that much should be clear. I can reveal however that Jenna now knows about Sherryl's interest in Leonard's death and it is unlikely that she will not reveal at least this information towards him. Even if she will give the documents to Saerya, the least she can do is to warn Leonard about Sherryl.

How old are he and Saerya? I got the impression Federico was pretty young, but the whole thing with Saerya makes me curious how old he and Saerya actually are.

Federico is 19, while Saerya is 23. So, while he is indeed young, as well as a bit younger than her, the age difference between them is not very noticeable. Federico is totally fine with this situation.

Are we gonna need a bigger boat?

Oh yes. Far bigger.

Very understandable. I can confirm that Saerya and Leonard will do vastly different things with the death warrant. Obviously, Leonard has a

• sounds exactly like a word Hackor would use.

n3rd

Oh wait, good ol' Otis Shiff has a "daughter" named "Rachel" who was viciously attacked by "wolves". It's kind of confusing. Girl named Rach

Sign in to comment in this discussion.